Samsung Google Nexus S - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.2
7.3
7.2

> In reply to stguny @ 2014-05-29 19:22 from fnrw - click to readYour phone needs battery calibration.
While off charge your phone to 100%. Use the phone on the next day and let its battery reach the lowest amount possible. Then again charge your phone over night to 100%. This will reset battery settings.
Do this twice a month.
If your problem is not solved buy a new battery. A faulty battery is very common for unstable phones.

• 2014-08-08 18:49
  • B}f9

> In reply to jundab @ 2014-03-11 22:02 from j0c1 - click to readGo to settings > wi-fi . Press menu button and select Advanced. Uncheck "Avoid poor connection".

• 2014-08-08 18:46
  • B}f9

> In reply to hakuna matata @ 2014-03-26 09:47 from NHHr - click to readWhen powering up hold volume up + power buttons together. You will see some options, choose recovery. On the next reboot you will be in the recovery mode. Select factory reset and press ok. This will erase all your settings and installed apps on the phone and will turn your phone into its default settings.

You wont lose any data saved on your SD card this way.

• 2014-08-08 18:43
  • B}f9

I have been using this phone for more than 3 years now!

I bought it when it was a few months old and had Android 2.3 on it. Great phone for its time. I have rooted the phone and upgraded to many ROMs but the official Jelly Bean ROM from Google is the most stable one.

This is a die hard phone:

In 3 years of usage i have dropped this phone numerous times onto the street, hard concrete, and also into a swimming pool twice. The phone has survived all the accidents and it is working just fine, its hardware is actually immortal!

Most problems with this phone are software based and if you root it you can do almost anything you want with it and bring it back to life again and again.

Memory management has got a lot better if you install the unofficial Android KitKat on it (Cmod 11).

I was considering upgrading to a nexus 5 but Nexus 5 is a fragile phone; its screen crashes in the simplest drop tests.

I think I should wait for the next Nexus phone since I cant stand the customized interfaces of non-Nexus phones and their lags and clogged environment.

• 2014-08-08 18:25
  • B}f9

> In reply to Hassan121 @ 2014-07-21 02:52 from sSxA - click to readYes it is i think late but if not so go with nexus s in terms of specs and not on specs but features and performance is much much better on nexus s even you don't have the 3g option on star and it lags alot you face it after 10 days of use and if lucky so in 2 days. star pro having a wifi direct feature which is not workable at all it is useless it have some of the binary problem which makes it hardware not capable to sync with software . I techy guy and have alot of videos on youtube for devices review including this one and i would like to tell that i putting claim on it for wifi direct and software tomorrow and makes all the documents for that. rest at you

• 2014-07-27 18:34
  • v{Mx

Hi all!. I'm buying a phone tomorrow. And I'm confused about Nexus S and Galaxy Star Pro.. Help!

• 2014-07-21 02:52
  • sSxA

Awesome phone experience and i m using since 8 month.
value for money really appreciated
five star rating from my side

• 2014-07-03 10:20
  • uvxG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-23 06:08 from ut39 - click to readI had the same issue some time ago and the only fix that actually worked for me was turning on "usb-debugging" before connecting it to a computer.
Hope this helps you.

• 2014-06-28 11:46
  • pTY}

why my phone when connected to laptop and even turned on usb storage is not identified ...i am not able to open my usb storage...even if fromatted and in 16 gb 9 gb is used and my phone slows down ....to open a call screen it takes 5 mis

• 2014-06-23 06:08
  • ut39

> In reply to tendai @ 2014-05-31 19:49 from Nm$i - click to readTry to format the phone. I got the same problem sometimes.
Turn Off the phone. Press and hold volume - key and Power...
There you see android bootloader where you can factory reset your phone and it will work again...

• 2014-06-12 19:10
  • KIKq

first switch off your phone and charge it;if it now showing battery icon;then do some following and report me if it works.

1) ok sometimes what happens when battery sudden goes down;then it does not start by plugin charger;plug a usb cable to computer then it shows charging;after that charge using charger it will works.so first try it.

2)if it not works; then connect the phone into pc;then charging icon will show;if not try to replace the cable and check it works/not.

if these thing not works report me;i will give you another solution.contact me to my email-kartik7405@gmail.com

• 2014-06-12 16:02
  • 7t{8

Is there no solution to your product that went bad? If there is no solution then why are we patronizing Samsung? I need you people to proffer me a solution that will make the phone work again even if it will cause me to pay some money

• 2014-06-05 18:26
  • fnrv

> In reply to cj @ 2014-05-30 16:11 from GKhx - click to readI hv done so many times taking the battery out bt it does nt want .it still display an X on the screen. sm time its says safe mode.

• 2014-05-31 19:49
  • Nm$i

> In reply to cj @ 2014-05-30 16:11 from GKhx - click to readI have even went to buy another battery but the phone is still not coming up and is not showing charging when I plug it to light. Please if it is hardware problem or board problem how can i get the board? Because i like the google phone

• 2014-05-30 21:38
  • fnrv

> In reply to tendai @ 2014-05-29 14:51 from Nm$Q - click to readturn it off then take the battery out then put it back in

• 2014-05-30 16:11
  • GKhx

My Nexus S phone show battery low and I click on ok and the phone went off. Please what can I do to it? Because I have seriously fall in love with the phone and I don't want to loose it just like that

• 2014-05-29 19:22
  • fnrw

> In reply to Bishop Garvey @ 2014-05-26 17:32 from fsWr - click to readmy phone says its on safe mode .I can nt do anything its only showing the X logo.wat can I do for it to work again. plz help me.thanx in advance

• 2014-05-29 14:51
  • Nm$Q

it has no sound what can i do

• 2014-05-27 11:42
  • QsYM

my phone shuted down when I was playing music with VLC. since , my phone is not functioning again. it do displays the logo when u switch it o, no. home screen, nothing. what shd i do to it now for it to function again? am very despirate abt it plsss

• 2014-05-26 17:32
  • fsWr

Dmtr how do you have replaced the fhone's glass? I have the same Problem.. I read that its not possible replace the glass without damage the touch under the glass.. You have to replace the all screen..

• 2014-05-26 01:57
  • nq8B
Total of 1931 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Google Nexus S.