Samsung Google Nexus S - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.3
7.4
7.3

> In reply to Immi @ 2013-10-23 10:57 from KIJG - click to readThe Nexus S is not upgradeable to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The closest you can get is 4.1.2, but I would strongly suggest that you not do that, for reasons listed in my personal review of this phone and things related to OS upgrades.

• 2013-11-04 17:53
  • A2r}

This was my first Android phone. At first, everything worked great. It was super quick (even for a single core processor), took nice pictures, and held all the apps and media that I wanted on there. BUT, if you decide to upgrade the OS to 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), you're gonna have a bad time. This phone is slower than ANY (yes, ANY) phone I have ever used in my entire life since I did the OS upgrade. It freezes all the time doing even the most remedial tasks, and force closes apps all the time because of it's lack of capability of keeping up with itself. Also, the battery life is HORRID. Even in a strong Sprint service network (full-strength 3G or 4G), the battery lasts 3 hours on a full charge at BEST, with moderate use. If I use it heavily, it lasts less than 2 hours. I would NOT recommend this phone for anyone, unless you're just looking to make phone calls and send text messages, which it barely even does without freezing at some point. 0.5/5 stars.

• 2013-11-04 17:48
  • A2r}

very bad experience hang out and battery problem

• 2013-11-03 12:44
  • KIe9

Help.. Can't reboot my phone. i always get stuck in the multicolored x symbol. and it goes for like eternity. it never start up.

• 2013-11-02 19:38

• 2013-11-02 19:37
  • v0q9

> In reply to muzemile @ 2013-10-28 06:16 from N9QM - click to readi often experiencing that problem with my nexus s. what i always do is to pull out the battery and put it back then reformat. just proceed to the android system where you can choose either reboot, recover etc. then choose recover and then reformat. hope this one helps. godbless

• 2013-11-02 19:32
  • v0q9

im experiencing the same problem with my phone. what should i do? help us

• 2013-10-31 13:50
  • w0Pt

i have experiencing poor signal of my cellular phone samsung nexus s, is it normal with this problem? pls i need your advice....thanks

• 2013-10-31 10:21
  • vpcZ

Hey! I need youe help. I tried to share the network with my computer and when i activated wi-fi and enabled tethering and sharing my phone automatically powered off but it did not power on in a gud way coz it stopped by that colored cross sign which comes when a phone is powered on. It means that ma phone powers on but stop without finishing. Now i can not do any thing. I'm asking if there is a way to format it and restore. Thx

• 2013-10-28 06:16
  • N9QM

> In reply to Immi @ 2013-10-23 10:57 from KIJG - click to readI'm having the same problem.
It's on 2.3.6 and the system update says that its already updated. -.-

• 2013-10-27 00:16
  • uWJ9

> In reply to sityab @ 2013-10-21 13:14 from fmg{ - click to readif your battery drains by 3-4 hours and phone is getting hot,it is hardware issue.i experience the same and mine was resolved by good mobile tech.
you have to contact good tech guy to resolve. it is not a big issue.

• 2013-10-26 09:28
  • vw75

How i upgrade my nexus s to 4.2.2 help me

• 2013-10-23 10:57
  • KIJG

> In reply to MUSKAN @ 2013-09-19 18:09 from KIQS - click to readI have a similar problem. It appears to be a problem with this phone. In my case, the repairer told me its a software problem but not battery. He claimed he would have to flash it but was unfortunately not having the flashing software. Kindly let me know when you succeed in solving this problem

• 2013-10-21 13:14
  • fmg{

two weeks ago, the battery of my Nexus S (bought the phone only a year ago) ran out and since then cannot charge nor boot anymore. the computer too doesn't recognise it anymore. I change battery but still. gets hot when charging. any advise out there?

• 2013-10-21 13:07
  • fmg{

> In reply to Catherine @ 2013-10-14 11:48 from 6v0q - click to readhappening the same to me! built-in feature to force us upgrading to a newer phone...

• 2013-10-18 02:27
  • sw%J

when I use camera of google nexus it turn off and takes a lot of time to turn on can any body helps me is it a battery issue.

• 2013-10-17 22:15
  • sSPu

My phone is really slowing down. The touch screen for text and email is quite slower than it used to be. Also my photographs are slower to move along and it regularly slips out of mode when I am looking at them. This also happens when I look at my backed up photographs on Google +

• 2013-10-14 11:48
  • 6v0q

please i need someone's help!:( i want to update my nexus s to jelly bean but when i went to system update it said my phone is up to date...please help me i want to get jelly bean...please reply looking forward on your reply

• 2013-10-12 20:24
  • nFIM

> In reply to Jake @ 2013-10-10 18:06 from v$Ay - click to readthis still is a bloody good phone!

• 2013-10-12 19:02
  • JB76
Total of 1884 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Google Nexus S.