Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
7.2
7.1

> In reply to TL @ 2011-06-25 20:55 from 2@Y2 - click to readis galaxy 3 i5801 android v2.1(Eclair) upgradeable to v2.2(Froyo) officially. samsung costumer care refuse to this capability. plz guide me. suggestions most welcome

• 2011-07-04 11:10
  • 7jWI

> In reply to tom @ 2011-07-02 23:23 from LhZm - click to readi would avoid android 2.2 from samsung with this handset as the 2.2 on the samsung galaxy fit and mini both have poor volume for message tones unlike Android 2.1.

• 2011-07-03 17:21
  • LhRn

has any1 got the 2.2 update in the uk i have been w8in for weeks and weeks.

• 2011-07-02 23:23
  • LhZm

> In reply to Mikros @ 2011-07-01 08:50 from MyGu - click to readI am still having no luck with Kies it states im on latest firmware and no suggestion of 2.2. update on android. same goes for friend who has Samsung Galaxy Fit also open to any network who wants Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Samsung says updates for apollo to 2.2 are being done network by network im on t mobile and that not done yet. Maybe have to wait. Open phones should have update done first its very annoying. is your phone locked to a network and if so which network and are you using phone in uk. cheers for all help. Shaun

• 2011-07-02 15:20
  • LhRn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-07-01 08:23 from PIh7 - click to readI am also facing Similar Issue after upgrading to Android Ver 2.2 with Latest Kies . It don't detect Set at all. It only shows contact numbers and nothing else . Do we have any solution to that ? please let me know

• 2011-07-02 09:59
  • b4c%

There's another (presumably)stability update released over the 2.2 upgrade.Just updated. Looks fine. Will post back after looking through it.

• 2011-07-01 20:04
  • wdKP

is this phone is better than galaxy fit or not

• 2011-07-01 12:13
  • KhwR

> In reply to shaun walsall gb @ 2011-06-30 22:31 from LhRn - click to readHello I have the same model (Apollo version). I bought the phone just before Easter. I had realised problems with the Wifi (very low reception signal, wifi connection switching off when the system was going to power saving mode) and GPS reception weak. I took it to the local Samsung agent to correct these and update to 2.2. Eventually after 3 weeks, I got the phone, problems corrected, but no update. After a few days, when I connected my phone to the Samsung Kies, the s/w informed me about a new version, 2.2 and i installed it without any problems. Still, the battery indication is crap though, nothing comparing to the accuracy of Nokia ones...

• 2011-07-01 08:50
  • MyGu

after update 2.2 i5801ddjp4 india i m having difficulty with usb, its not detecting, its goes in charging mode anyone else facing the same problem?

• 2011-07-01 08:23
  • PIh7

can anyone tell me wat is da cost of white coloured pannel fr galaxy3...is it possible to change the pannel...plz help

• 2011-07-01 07:37
  • YQFj

Can someone please advise me if there is an official Android 2.2 Update for my Samsung Galaxy I5800?

It is on Android 2.1 at the moment and is not locked to any network and has no network alterations in black finish.

I have seen unofficial updates but as the phone is brand new i dont wish to lose my guarantee on the phone or damage it.

Any help and advice is most appreciated.

Shaun

• 2011-06-30 22:31
  • F

Guys after updating i5801DDJP4 india i m getting problem with my usb its not showing just charging is activated please help.

• 2011-06-30 17:26
  • PIh7

Very good phone, I'm using, everything ok

• 2011-06-30 09:41
  • iwpx

What is the official 2.2 FW for the hongkong galaxy 3.is it I5801ZHJPF??

• 2011-06-29 13:25
  • t7xP

> In reply to dann @ 2011-06-24 15:49 from 0xYf - click to readthanks dann it worked, really appreciate it, yeah it is strange. i guess i aint updating google maps.

• 2011-06-29 08:05
  • u1jY

> In reply to raja @ 2011-06-27 12:33 from 2SI0 - click to readIs it possible to configure Outlook email through ActiveSync ?

• 2011-06-28 17:46
  • PAQQ

IF samsung has Released official android froyo 2.2 kies update for galaxy 3 in India ??

• 2011-06-28 15:46
  • ut$S

Good phone!

• 2011-06-27 15:02
  • v{tn

mast

• 2011-06-27 12:33
  • 2SI0

I have been using this phone for 8 months, bought it at 12k then and have been very satisfied.

Now this model is available at 7.5k at flipkart.com and believe me guys, it's a steal at that price.

It's got the max battery capacity of 1500mAh in comparison with other similarly priced and few expensive android models,even better than samsung galaxy ace(at around 15k).
Also,Samsung has released android 2.2 for this model.You can update once you buy it.

The only thing that doesn't work in its favour is it doesn't play some type of games well(arcade and racing), since it doesn't come with GPU like galaxy ace.
But, you can't ask for everything at this price point.

Unless playing games isn't a necessity, you can blindly go for this model. Rest can look for one with GPU.

Any feedback/questions are welcome.

• 2011-06-25 20:55
  • 2@Y2
Total of 3214 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3.