Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.8
7.0
6.9

> In reply to shaun walsall gb @ 2011-06-30 22:31 from LhRn - click to readHello I have the same model (Apollo version). I bought the phone just before Easter. I had realised problems with the Wifi (very low reception signal, wifi connection switching off when the system was going to power saving mode) and GPS reception weak. I took it to the local Samsung agent to correct these and update to 2.2. Eventually after 3 weeks, I got the phone, problems corrected, but no update. After a few days, when I connected my phone to the Samsung Kies, the s/w informed me about a new version, 2.2 and i installed it without any problems. Still, the battery indication is crap though, nothing comparing to the accuracy of Nokia ones...

• 2011-07-01 08:50
  • MyGu

after update 2.2 i5801ddjp4 india i m having difficulty with usb, its not detecting, its goes in charging mode anyone else facing the same problem?

• 2011-07-01 08:23
  • PIh7

can anyone tell me wat is da cost of white coloured pannel fr galaxy3...is it possible to change the pannel...plz help

• 2011-07-01 07:37
  • YQFj

Can someone please advise me if there is an official Android 2.2 Update for my Samsung Galaxy I5800?

It is on Android 2.1 at the moment and is not locked to any network and has no network alterations in black finish.

I have seen unofficial updates but as the phone is brand new i dont wish to lose my guarantee on the phone or damage it.

Any help and advice is most appreciated.

Shaun

• 2011-06-30 22:31
  • LhRn
  • F

Guys after updating i5801DDJP4 india i m getting problem with my usb its not showing just charging is activated please help.

• 2011-06-30 17:26
  • PIh7

Very good phone, I'm using, everything ok

• 2011-06-30 09:41
  • iwpx

What is the official 2.2 FW for the hongkong galaxy 3.is it I5801ZHJPF??

• 2011-06-29 13:25
  • t7xP

> In reply to dann @ 2011-06-24 15:49 from 0xYf - click to readthanks dann it worked, really appreciate it, yeah it is strange. i guess i aint updating google maps.

• 2011-06-29 08:05
  • u1jY

> In reply to raja @ 2011-06-27 12:33 from 2SI0 - click to readIs it possible to configure Outlook email through ActiveSync ?

• 2011-06-28 17:46
  • PAQQ

IF samsung has Released official android froyo 2.2 kies update for galaxy 3 in India ??

• 2011-06-28 15:46
  • ut$S

Good phone!

• 2011-06-27 15:02
  • v{tn

mast

• 2011-06-27 12:33
  • 2SI0

I have been using this phone for 8 months, bought it at 12k then and have been very satisfied.

Now this model is available at 7.5k at flipkart.com and believe me guys, it's a steal at that price.

It's got the max battery capacity of 1500mAh in comparison with other similarly priced and few expensive android models,even better than samsung galaxy ace(at around 15k).
Also,Samsung has released android 2.2 for this model.You can update once you buy it.

The only thing that doesn't work in its favour is it doesn't play some type of games well(arcade and racing), since it doesn't come with GPU like galaxy ace.
But, you can't ask for everything at this price point.

Unless playing games isn't a necessity, you can blindly go for this model. Rest can look for one with GPU.

Any feedback/questions are welcome.

• 2011-06-25 20:55
  • 2@Y2

> In reply to jaimez02 @ 2011-06-18 04:14 from 9Ft4 - click to readuninstall google maps update. it is strange that native apps may cause that kind of mess

• 2011-06-24 15:49
  • 0xYf

I purchased galaxy 3 recently..but gprs is not working,when i contact the operator, they are saying ur phone gprs settings may be OFF...pls tell how to receive automatic settings and switch on gprs

• 2011-06-24 07:17
  • t}x{
  • F

uninstall google maps update

• 2011-06-23 11:56
  • 3qxp

> In reply to jaimez02 @ 2011-06-18 04:14 from 9Ft4 - click to readgoogle maps update is need to be uninstalled

• 2011-06-23 11:52
  • 3qxp

Nowdays ,whenever I try to open my yahoo email following information is shown:
The application Mail (process com. yahoo. mobile. client. android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.
Then I have to force close.This problem has started for last 3-4 days only. Earlier there was no such problem. Also this problem is not encountered when i try to open mails of my Gmail account.
Kindly help to resolve this issue. I have chosen this phone mainly for seeing emails.

• 2011-06-23 08:59
  • 7j$1

Bakavas fone... pls dont buy.. m using it since 6 month.. not satisfy at all.. touch is very slow..due to its processor.. Dont work many time wen msg cum or call cum.. dont go 4 it PLS...

• 2011-06-22 18:07
  • u1Bh

need help i have updated to froyo but the phone is not working fine , the music player is not working the power consumption has been increase, take time to open the application what to do????

• 2011-06-22 16:25
  • 7t5V
Total of 3227 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3.