Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.9
7.1
6.9

Ok i have been using this phone for more than 1.5 years and trust me you dont want to buy this..
Initially when it was launched it was a good buy as it was one of the initial android phone and you could have njoyed all the features of android for not that much of a cost .. but if anyone is thinkin of buying it now .. please think again
Most important thing is that since this phone has been put of stock now .. no general mobile store keeps its battery as well.. and even in the samsung service center they dont have it in stock .. they have to order it..
now what else the battery dies down with in a day if you are connected .. then the phone is very very very slow even for opening just the basic things like contacts and call log ..
and worst of all it doesnt get upgrade to beyond Froyo Android V 2.2
My suggestion dont even think of buying this phone or you will end up suferring like me

• 2012-08-11 14:06
  • KAjB

How can I install live screen savers. Tried it but doesnt work.

• 2012-08-02 06:29
  • Re2Z

This phone is excellent, it performs as advertised, even with the stock Android 2.1.1. I was reading these opinions and honestly, I don't know how people even break their phones so often. It never hanged, fast enough for a casual user, camera is good enough for its league. People need to learn how to actually use their phone properly. Oh, and despite its plastic build, Galaxy 3 is an incredibly tough phone, once it fell from about 1,5-meter height on the concrete (with some acceleration, too), battery cover and battery itself fell out. I have just put the battery and its cover back in the phone and started it up. Damage done = ZERO (0). Not a single scratch or any sort of malfunction! In my opinion, there are only 2 cons:

1. its rear slippery surface which provides weak grip (that's really the reason why it fell on the concrete in the first place) but that can be solved with a gel mask.

2. there is no light at all for the hardware keys at the front (a trend Samsung followed with some other phones as well, don't know why), but it's not a deal breaker by any means

Overall, I recommend this phone.

• 2012-07-31 22:32
  • 0mUE

my phone goes to no network area it shows no net work symbol, but wen it comes network area it doesn't shows network symbol. i kept it in automatic network selection mode

• 2012-07-31 13:35
  • 2TgZ

> In reply to Innocent @ 2012-07-25 19:52 from miNk - click to readcontact your service provider , they will issue a new pin after checking your identity

• 2012-07-30 08:55
  • vI7V

how can I resolve this problem
"SIM network unlock PIN"

• 2012-07-25 19:52
  • miNk

How to my samsung I5801 galaxy 3 bluetooth permanent Visible Setting?

• 2012-07-23 16:05
  • rA%g

> In reply to Erik @ 2012-07-03 19:28 from mKt5 - click to readdude ur the only guy in dis world who will say this.. juz root ur fone,, take advantage of a custom rom... maybe CM7 based..

• 2012-07-12 08:16
  • XuP$

> In reply to yonghee @ 2012-07-06 18:19 from kgem - click to readOMG... u guys use a manual to use a phone!!!!!
i've never read my phone's user manual.. nd nvr will

• 2012-07-12 08:13
  • XuP$

My phone locks up when I go into fb and try and look at pictures.

• 2012-07-11 07:48
  • jBuU

> In reply to yonghee @ 2012-07-06 18:19 from kgem - click to readI agree no booklet came with mine either
Was told it would be online but very difficult to find. Still not sorted everything

• 2012-07-10 15:24
  • mqZm

I just got new samsung Galaxy 3, like it very much but no manual book came with box, tried to get it but no luck?????

• 2012-07-06 18:19
  • kgem

It is a great phone! Way better than my crap/iPhone. Iphone is far back in technology.

• 2012-07-04 06:08
  • N80q

Crap, crap, crap-Samsung galaxy apollo. This phone started having problems after one week: autodelete of all contacts, with no cause whatsoever. Also, sudden fallouts of the phone, tincansound while calling, slowslowslowliness and numerous other errors. Resets worked for a little while only. Samsumg Kies would not recognise the phone so an upgrade of Android was no option. One year and a bit later fallouts are worse: they occur after 15 min or less with battery fully charged. I have returned to my solid nokia oldschoolfridge, which lasts, and is not promoting waste economy like Samsung does. Samsung Galaxy is hell, so never think of buying anything like this. And ofcourse I don't have any faith in any of the Samsung phones that have been made since, their improvement is an illusion and a invitation to bugs following you everywhere. Worst of all: they don't care about you, consumer. And yes, I am seriously frustrated but have the fact right here in my hand. For the final minute that's for sure; out of the window, you damn phone!

• 2012-07-03 19:28
  • mKt5

does it have video calling facility?????????

• 2012-07-03 17:43
  • uw@x

> In reply to sds @ 2012-06-30 18:40 from LEw3 - click to readNo kidding maybe thats why it says Galaxy 3 Einstien.

• 2012-07-01 05:07
  • P@xX

> In reply to wth @ 2012-05-26 10:54 from Fuq1 - click to readThis IS galaxy 3 (this is not galaxy S3...)

• 2012-06-30 18:40
  • LEw3

is good ..... i like it

• 2012-06-29 21:14
  • rAgM

i just love this phone...

• 2012-06-29 15:25
  • N9@S
Total of 3219 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3.