Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 - user opinions and reviews

6.8
7.0
6.8

could some1 help me out.
my music playback is distorted when i
use the power button and when i
unlock the screen.
please help me out.
thanks in advance:-)

• 2011-12-28 14:52
  • 7t8a

> In reply to Original-Jamaican @ 2011-11-28 15:12 from kaKt - click to readGuess you already bought your phone :-D
btw, you can save contacts as .vcf file.
You can also install apps in memory card after upgrading your phone to android 2.2, this will be done for free by Samsung service center, you can do this yourself using Samsung kies as well.

• 2011-12-26 07:29
  • 7j{9

Does this phone have wake on alarm? In other words, if I put an alarm and then turn off the phone, will it turn on by itself when the alarms rings?

• 2011-12-22 22:54
  • 3{}K

Yeah it takes about 4h to fully charge battery. After 4h u get notification that ur battery is full and to take it off charger...

• 2011-12-20 11:30
  • pWXT

When i buy this i5800, i was verry happy about his battery: Li-Ion 1500 mAh
Stand-by Up to 620 h (2G) / Up to 510 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 15 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 15 min (3G)... but i realized after i install Battery Dr Saver, that battery have stand-by up to 310h and talk time 6:50h(2G) and 4:20h(3G) with all apps OFF. Can anyone help?

• 2011-12-19 21:32
  • pkvp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-10 21:11 from my}Y - click to readAre you sure? December is about to go now.

• 2011-12-19 15:54
  • ijyY

> In reply to Sekhy @ 2011-12-18 07:59 from w4j2 - click to readTo SEKHY:

Thank you my friend. I will be sure to check it out once I purchase the Galaxy. I will give my feedback once I experiment with it.

• 2011-12-19 14:03
  • kaKg

Im having problem with this phone some games wont run like n.o.v.a. or gangstar wch why they dont work? please help me!!!

• 2011-12-19 13:58
  • nnZr

> In reply to Original-Jamaican @ 2011-11-28 15:12 from kaKt - click to readUse my ROM Sekhy's Nemesis Edition v4.0 can be downloaded from XDA forum. This will solve your problem.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=137283­8

• RK0R

3rd class handset brought the samsung

• 2011-12-11 05:25
  • wdN9

> In reply to Original-Jamaican @ 2011-12-03 23:33 from kiQi - click to readRecently i brought Samsung C3322 it won't receive phone calls while we are using internet through Tethering.
Is this mobile also has same problem?
any owned user, please reply me...
Thanks.

• 2011-12-04 13:12
  • Xu4{

TO EVERYONE:

I have read where the battery takes four hours to charge. Is this really true??? This is almost twice as long as my Nokia E71 which has the same 1500 mAh battery.

• 2011-12-03 23:33
  • kiQi

To EVERYONE:

As I told you all I'm planning on getting this Galaxy for Christmas.

I'm coming from Symbian and appreciate many things that Symbian is able to do.

One such thing I appreciate with Symbian is backing up the entire phone memory to memory card. Can you do that with Android? In addition to that you could back up all contacts individually as business cards (.vcf files).

Can Android do all this?

Also GSMArena said that apps cannot be installed to the memory card. How true is that and how can that be resolved?

Thank you all for reading.

• 2011-11-28 15:12
  • kaKt

> In reply to bunnyy @ 2011-11-22 12:00 from tUqn - click to readInstall samsung Kies (just google for it and download) and connect the phone to the computer after Kies is installed. After that, you will see your phone in the Kies application. Click on it, go to General tab and press update... Peace brother

• 2011-11-26 20:58
  • nFbT

> In reply to yozenbalki @ 2011-11-21 10:16 from utci - click to readTo Yozenbalki:

Thanks for your feedback. I do appreciate it.

• 2011-11-25 17:30

> In reply to harish @ 2011-11-20 22:02 from utDx - click to readTo HARISH:

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

• 2011-11-25 17:29
  • kaKt

> In reply to shankar @ 2011-10-26 08:43 from t@5V - click to readbrother tell me how could i update my phone from 2.1 to 2.2 or froyo.

• 2011-11-22 12:00
  • tUqn

> In reply to Madhav Pandey @ 2011-11-09 15:17 from 7w4E - click to readI also encountered the same problem for more than 5 months and then i found a way to tackle it.
Go to settings> Accounts and sync> switch off background data (just touch the green tick and make it disappear)
This area only consumes more battery energy. If you switch off nothing will happen. Only on downloading the apps from android market it will ask you to "switch on",
Then you can switch on.
Make sure, switch of wifi,bluetooth,maps like running utilities when not needed.
Then it will lost for 1.5 days. You can believe me!

• 2011-11-21 10:25
  • utci

> In reply to Original-Jamaican @ 2011-11-16 08:02 from kiQi - click to readI bought this samsung galaxy Apollo a year before.

Overall it is excellent. 90% mark we can give.
As you said, only for the sake of less sar value i preferred this phone among many.
No heat or radiation is there during the long phone calls. The issues i found with this phone are:
1. Low internal memory which do not hold many android apps.
2. Sudden black screen, some times when a phone call arrives you. (I remove battery and put again)
3. Wi-fi connectivity issue for no reason found.
4. Battery consumption is high..drains by evening 5 pm itself. You have to be vigilant to switch off many unwanted running software and utilities.Then it will serve for 12-15 hrs. Otherwise, you will get in trouble or should carry other one mobile.
5. Its bad shape. You have to be careful on handling it otherwise it will fall down at any time. Its not of actual square shaped one...tapered outside and feel not-grip at hand.

Pros:
1. You can use it like a computer. Very easy to send any contents via mail and social sites.
2. Android market is very very useful many are free apps. Easy and fast downloading.
3. Sound quality is good we can give 80% mark. 3mp camera is decent though not remarkable and it is serving the purpose.

I will add some thing again. This is enough for now,
yozenbalki
www.yozenmind.com

• 2011-11-21 10:16
  • utci
Total of 3221 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3.