Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
7.1
7.1

I've had it for over 3 years, its a pretty decent phone, very good for it's price range.

The camera is not too great and the GPS always takes some time to fix, even after some tweaking. the gps is very precise though (I'm a geocacher, usually we go in groups and I can tell you I've never seen one more precise than this).

The battery, I seriously don't understand why everyone is complaining. Beats most phones out there.
When it was new it lasted for over a week, now it lasts about 3-4 Days with average use.
The least time it lasted was about 12hours during a 600 miles trip, among a few average calls, I was using GPS and 3G all day, and I really mean ALL DAY!

The GPU is bad, this phone can't handle heavy games but since I mostly use GBA emulators its ok.

Overall its a good phone, if it were lost and I found one for cheap enough I would definately buy it, even after 4 years of it being launched.

Also, I should add, It was pretty easy to root and unlock, and it handles custom roms pretty well, also overclocks to about twice it's default clock (1,2Ghz), if you dare to.

• 2014-07-18 17:43
  • S4VQ

it is a marvelous phone for users

• 2014-06-27 11:57
  • KIE$

> In reply to darling @ 2014-05-14 17:42 from tUrw - click to readthis is a good phone. i have one and i have been using it since jan 2011. and it has never been broken or anything

• 2014-05-24 05:37
  • PAW6

i want 2 buy this phones any problems

• 2014-05-14 17:42
  • tUrw

> In reply to Shashi @ 2014-03-03 10:07 from w4XD - click to readphone is good no doubt specially touch... but i sometime i get iritated with itz battery problem.... battery backup is not good

• 2014-03-12 14:37
  • Hkqj

o meu samsung 5801 o youtube deixou de funcionar alguem me explica como reparar problema? obrigado

• 2014-03-11 15:45
  • LcHS

I am using this phone from past 3 years and it is really nice. Because of low memory i am planning to go for new smartphone.

• 2014-03-03 10:07
  • w4XD

Best phone i have ever seen m using it since 4years

• 2014-02-28 10:55
  • bE8s

> In reply to pp @ 2014-02-26 07:47 from s89i - click to readhw cud u root it kindly explain me too...

• 2014-02-28 10:54
  • bE8s

i was using this phone from last 3 years. t was quite good and its working properly now also. But right now am forced to change because of low internal memory. This phone gives me a nice experience on android. Now am going to root it to android jelly bean.

• 2014-02-26 07:47
  • s89i

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-09 06:17 from 2ZYU - click to readYou can buy it without any doubt, its been 3 years and so far i hav faced no problems...!!!!

• 2014-02-16 12:03
  • vw6V

Hey help me I desided to buy this phone is it agood phone is it work properiy

• 2013-11-09 06:17
  • 2ZYU

> In reply to raj @ 2013-10-17 17:59 from U$4H - click to readgoto samsung service center where you can update the os.

• 2013-10-29 16:46
  • vIYL

i hate this phone . very bulky , fat slippery . baadd camera . earphones useless, after use of it for a year it stops working . phones get very slow. battery lasts for just half a day. i want to get rid of it badly and get a phone which is not touch screen. fed up .

• 2013-10-23 18:32
  • vGrS

> In reply to P V N Vamsi Krishna @ 2013-07-27 02:59 from ut@B - click to readi hv also this phone plz tell me how i update it eith froyo

• 2013-10-17 17:59
  • U$4H

This smartphone is good since it is one of the earliest smartphone of samsung. Yes there are demerits of this phone it hangs frequently, its memory. Even though its camera is good. This is not bad.

• 2013-09-15 03:48
  • XuB4

battery problem

• 2013-09-11 06:57
  • mcja

This phone is three years old with a single core processor. So, it will always be too slow to run the latest versions of firmware or software - designed for two or more cores. Don't believe tales of rooting giving fast speeds, overclocking - will eventually wreck it, and installing Ice Cream Sandwich. It will do the things a good phone would do three years ago, and that's all.

If all you need is a phone, acceptable camera, GPS, radio, wireless etc. this will do it. Battery life is as good as you make it using software utilities. I can make mine last 10 days by not using internet or wireless. It is also a much stronger phone than the current crop and better made, although thicker than more recent offerings. I work outside most of the time and am very active - no problem with this baby. I'll be very sorry when it breaks!

• 2013-09-07 18:30
  • vaRM
  • P V N Vamsi Krishna
  • Rating0

I'm having this mobile. This mobile support ordinary SIM but not mini. Internal memory will be exhausted to 256MB after upgrading to FROYO.

• 2013-07-27 02:59
  • ut@B
Total of 2042 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo.