Samsung I8530 Galaxy Beam - user opinions and reviews

2461950

7.2
7.4
7.1

I am very glad of getting this awesome phone! It serves me very well! But I have a delicate question. I want to connect the Beam (projector) with the computer I am using.Ex. I want to watch a movie or play a game from the computer, but watch it on the wall from the projector.Does anyone knows how should it be made? I'll be very thankful!!

• 2013-12-04 23:55
  • AL%t

does anyone now how to rearrange icons on the Samsung Galaxy beam??

• 2013-12-01 22:06
  • 7BRM

> In reply to eveareda @ 2013-09-13 17:23 from 9B1A - click to readDont change to jb..not suutable n make phone pblem

• 2013-12-01 16:42
  • tVvX

> In reply to KostaKunovski @ 2013-11-29 17:15 from gKBn - click to readNp m8, Glad i helped..Enjoy your Beam.

• 2013-12-01 09:17
  • JcN%

> In reply to Wipeout @ 2013-11-27 11:13 from 0Bub - click to readGot the BEAM and the Phone is F....... AMAZING
thanks for the help Wipeout

• 2013-11-29 17:15
  • gKBn

> In reply to KostaKunovski @ 2013-11-26 14:02 from 04Mi - click to read-Galaxy core has better performance than the other 2 phones and latest update.
-Lg has better Camera, latest update like Core.
-Beam has a (Projector) but is Lower spec phone and Lower Software atm...we still w8 for an update but we don't know if that will ever happen..

''If u love high spec phones go for core''
''If u love pics go for Lg''
''If u love gadgets/projectors and movies go for Beam''

Your choice..

• 2013-11-27 11:13
  • 0Bub

Guys Please HELP i dont know wich phone to get Galaxy Beam , Galaxy Core or LG L7 II please HELP me I got 6 days to choose And i want you Opinions Thanks

• 2013-11-26 14:02
  • 04Mi

Hello just want to share my experience on this phone... I have been using this phone for about 1yr and 5 mos. 1st I was so very excited on this unit I found it very useful and convenient to any form of usage that it may apply. I love this phone I never drop it nor put a scratch on it bec. I really like this phone... I can do anything for text messaging to internet browsing, from listening to music to watching my favourite movies and soap operas but one day all my likeness and proudness of this phone just crush down. it didn't power on I try many diff. ways to make it power on but it seems no hope for now then I immediately bring it to the Samsung service center and they told me the motherboard is broken I ask them whats the reason they said we don't know yet... Huh. supposed to be or they should know the reason why this happens to the phone that is never been drop never been do something that it would make it that hard hit on the mother board. but that's not the reason why I write this statement I just want to express my disappointment on Samsung Support Service Centre. bec. they cannot give any reason why this happens on this phone... thank you for your time on reading this.

• 2013-11-18 05:55
  • vjsp

Does samsung galaxy beam support skype video calling.
And does samsung galaxy beam has S voice application in it.

• 2013-11-17 10:23
  • angT

> In reply to immy @ 2013-11-11 10:41 from 95%E - click to readI used Galaxy Beam in a cinema and itcan project to like 15-20 meters without being blurred. The only issue is it should be more bright. You can project a powerpoint even there are light sources in the room, but during dark scenes in films, it gets so dark that you cant see. The room must be dark or it must be night to project a film with dark scenes.
Overall you can do everything with it. You should definetly buy it. I SAID BUY IT NOW!

• 2013-11-12 13:28
  • npHs

how to focus d camers?while taking pics.like how do i use the megapixels?
how many inch it can project ?????????????? any one answer please
200 inches

• 2013-11-11 10:41
  • 95%E

how many inch it can project ?????????????? any one answer please

• 2013-11-04 08:33
  • mDrE

how to focus d camers?while taking pics.like how do i use the megapixels?

• 2013-11-02 03:27
  • ut9L

hello i also upgrade my galaxy beam
gb to jb
i have no problem i download from odin
my phone much better than old
pls backup your phone and try it
dont agree with other people say
just try it.for get more better
trust me.

• 2013-10-28 19:05
  • ibpR
  • F

Hi,

I updated a friends Galaxy Beam to Jelly Bean. I kept .y one running on Gingerbread. I am not sure about Youtube but the instructions for updatin on the ibtimes website are incorrect. I got the instructions from a different website and even those were not right. However, I figured it out and the update was done. I used the phone for several days while it ran on Jelly Bean and I am afraid it is not worth updating to the leaked version. It makes the phone terribly laggy. It regilarly freezes and the projector videos often slowdown and become jerky. To make matters worse you cannot exit thw apps if the start freezing. For instance, I was listening to music and hen I got a phone call. The phone froze for ages. Once it started up again, it froze again. I removed most of the apps that would take up a lot of ram but to be honest that does not realy solve the problem. The reason Samsung have not rolled out this version of Jelly Bean officially is obvious. It slows the phone down and makes it less usable. It is a pretty snappy performer on Gingerbread and I personally think the upgrade just makes this phone less usable. Of course, it is cool to be able to run Google Chrome or any other apps made for Jelly bean but to be honest there are not that many JB exclusive apps I want to run anyway. The people who own this device probably bought it for the projector and that feature works fine on Gingerbread. Updating the phone to a less usable OS is quite pointless and rather senseless so my recommendation would be to stick to GB unless Samsung make an improved version of JB for the Beam. This laggy version has some cool features. I like the new music player and some of the sound effects you can play with. I don't know about anyone else bt the battery life improves dramatically when the JB update is performed. The battery life was good enough to begin with but I never seem to run out of juice on JB. I wish the whole hing didn't freeze and lag as much as it does. Sometimes you cannot afford to have the slowdown. Urgent calls can become a problem. Sometimes when an app opens in the background (for example Facebook Messenger) the phone just staggers. If you are listening to music and you get an sms or email the soind breaks up. Games freeze and lag. It is a shame because if it ran well I would prefer this but at present it offers no practical advantages. I also doubt that, at the time of writing, there are that many useful JB exclusive apps, so unt Samsung make a better version (I doubt that will happen now to be honest), stick to GB which is a very capable OS and works well with this device. My friend intends to downgrade to GB and I do not blame him.

• 2013-10-27 19:43
  • n5px

Where is the promised official update by Kies jelly bean. Do not want to upgrade buggy and risky by odin. How long will we have to wait samsung?? Already spent the time to fulfill the promise!!

• 2013-10-23 18:46
  • tA$R

Use Tubemate. It' an app which has been banned for Google Play, because you can download or watch videos. It's flawless. Try it

• 2013-10-12 22:09
  • piSp

Where is the promised official update by Kies jelly bean.
Do not want to upgrade buggy and risky by odin.
How long will we have to wait samsung??
Already spent the time to fulfill the promise!!

• 2013-10-10 17:27
  • 8MV8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-19 10:57 from utxx - click to readif you want to upgrade to JB (offical leaked), downgrade to GB, OR just want to know more about the Beam, go to youtube.com/allabouthegalaxybeam

• 2013-10-10 14:10
  • wYK}
Total of 697 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I8530 Galaxy Beam.