I started using samsung when blue tooth was i truoduced into the GSM mkt, and till now my best is samsung, but this i8910, i wish i think i i plan and look forward to have.
little friend, you forgot to mention the followings:
1.this phone (from 2009!) is faster with 600Mhz than an android phone with 800Mhz
2. we have 160Mb FREE from 256Mb ram (with running spbshell, isms, roadsync, tsunami) while an android phone has less free ram from 512Mb (without running applications)!
3. when this phone came out the top android phone had 240*320, so yep the 640*480 in 2009 was really bad... don't compare that to new phone, but there is still many middle category android phones with lower resolution
4. "Bad screen, only amoled and bad sunlight legibility." one word: did you tried LCD or sLCD phones in sunlight? try it and after come back to talkin about.
5. did you ever tried that LG phone with 1080p recording? I'm sure you don't.
6."no fw updates" yep that's true. but it's not omnia's fault, samsung does the same with their top android phones too.
7."samsung has quit symbian OS" and what?
8.ovi maps 3.04 works on omnia too. you man never had omnia or you're just a kid. why, has android free OFFLINE (please leave me with gigabyte/money eater shit googlenav) navigation? NO.
9."no eye candy UI" I think the spb is same eye candy as launcher pro, but it depends from your needs. but if you wanna lick something then buy real candy not a phone :)
10. "Touchscreen UI has lot of flaws" what r u talkin about? LOL what a dumb reason...
11. "Web browser is not upto the mark" see above
12. "No good resale value for samsung" which manufacturer's phone has "good resale"?
13. "No good resale value for this set as it is far far outdated and there are no takers because of above reasons." same stupid reason as above...
14. "Few applications as compared to android" if you need 5000 fart program and 2000 taskmanger then go ahead, buy android. True, the ovi store is a joke, but if you have brain then you can use google and could find hundreds of sites where are thousends of free/cracked apps.
15."no support or service from samsung whatsoever" if you're repeating your same stupidity in every 5th line, they still won't be true.
16. "No warranty for this set as samsung has qiut symbian os" LOL, that was the best. so, sorry but you're so dark like the moonless night. warranty is for the phone and independent from OS support or color of your refrigerant.
I really don't understand dude, it seems you're a kid (you can't install eye candy shell, you didn't found programs, your phone's camera can't record good 720p video) so which phone could be fine for you? Android? Definitely not, android for geeks who can find programs and can solve the video problems. Maybe iphone? If you like to be a slave who follow Steven the god, then go ahead.
The thing is, I'm following the annouced new phones but still no better price/value phone on the market. Maybe LG optimus 2x / 3D or galaxy S2 (if they will be in the shops) will give reasons to change omnia hd, but now the galaxy S / desire hd / n8 / nexus s (the top price phones on the market) doesn't give any better for me. So, if you want to buy a new phone and you're rich then wait copule of weeks and buy GS2 or LG 3D, but if you don't have uncle Rockefeller but you want a stable and still top-middle category phone with these features: 3,7" amoled, 256ram, cpu+gpu (oc'ed upto 900Mhz), stable 720p video, 8mpixel photo with led, 2-3days battery life, 8/16GB internal storage then you should buy an omnia hd with ~300$ (which latest phones has same features on this price?).
Anonymous, 03 Mar 2011Drawbacks of this phone are: 1.low processing power of cpu which is just 600mhz 2.low RAM of... moreYou make it sound like this phone is literally a dinosaur. Yes in the past two years it has been way outdated for sure, but is still an epic phone and huge placement in phone history! There are way better phones now and yes Samsung quitting on it is the biggest draw back, but the phone by no means at all sucks. Also just because we now have super amoled plus does not mean amoled is bad. It still outdoes lcd and a billion companies still use lcd. There are also still many phones only getting 600mhz cpus that cant record hd. And 20fps in 720p for the first 720p phone and up to 24fps is decent. Lastly with custom roms that help give it better software to use the full potential of the hardware it runs really smooth.
nonpo, 28 Feb 2011whats the bad side of this phone?Drawbacks of this phone are:
1.low processing power of cpu which is just 600mhz
2.low RAM of 256 mb only
3. Low resolution of screen 640*480 only
4. Bad screen, only amoled and bad sunlight legibility.
5. 720p video recording is bad. It hardly reaches 22fps whereas others are now providing 720p at 30fps and even better 1080p at 30fps.
6.no firmware updates from samsung.
7.samsung has quit symbian OS.
8.no free voice voice guided navigation like we have in nokia
9.no eye candy UI
10. Touchscreen UI has lot of flaws
11. Web browser is not upto the mark
12. No good resale value for samsung
13. No good resale value for this set as it is far far outdated and there are no takers because of above reasons.
14. Few applications as compared to android
15.no support or service from samsung whatsoever
16. No warranty for this set as samsung has qiut symbian os
To understand each and every above points u need to see specs and user opinion of samsung galaxy s. In short i8910 is way outdated and reached its end the proof is how many user opinion is updated everyday in this forum?? I have i8910 for sale in best condition but no taker for even rs8000. I have kept it in drawer next to nokia 6600.
Used i8910 in best condition like new is costing around 8000 to 9000 rupees in mumbai with full accessories and box. Price will further go down with all new high end phone coming to the market. Also n8 used is 12000 to 14000 rupees.
Anonymous, 19 Feb 2011reflash 2 android 2.1 eclairReally. Can I reflash to eclair? Could you provide me with the link to tutorial?
I didn't steal your words..Also I bought the phone EARLIER..
I haven't read the comments,I just wrote my own ideas..
And also it is not just you and I that think in same way..
So many people want ANDROID for their I8910 HD..
In conclusion, it is just a coincidence that our ideas are in the same way, like the other users..
Ive flashed my phone to HX-V11. Then Ive tried unlocked the key for julyplayer and something wrong happened to HX-V11. Can I do the flashing again?
Noah, 04 Feb 2011Dear Han,
Please go to http://hx-custom-roms.com/ or i8910tuning.com and follow the steps of ... moreHi. Ive just flashed my i8910 to HX-V11. I just tried to install Need for speed shift hd but i didnt work. The same happened to Asphalt 5 hd. Cound you give me some help?
siju, 15 Feb 2011can anyone tell is this phone support voip call?For start you can use fring
i looooooooooooooooooooooooove you omnia, i want to have one of you but i dont :-(
I have it for 2 years..in my opinion, s60 v5 is the worst part of this strong phone..HD camera & amoled screen & 16 GB storage are so great to take advantage of..on the other hand, so many times, I thought that i8910 hd must have ANDROID..I searched everywhere for it..maybe one day, somebody will adapt ANDROID for our strong hardwared phone..
It would be great if every phone with "scratch-resistant" display had that expression in the specs, so if one searches for that expression, all of them would be listed. like iphone 4 and some others. Thanks.