You can use JBak TaskMan to kill off some useless background processes. Be warned that JBak doesn't list separately processes that can crash your phone when killed etc. Alternatively you can also use an app called KillMe for this. Here's a list of several processes that I found can be safely killed with JBak:
- AutoLock: pretty obvious, when you kill this you will disable the automatic keylock function
- ScreenCapture: seems to be a left behind process from an app that never made it to the retail version of the phone. CMIIW but it really does nothing than eating chunks out of your battery.
- Screensaver: pretty much the same as ScreenCapture, seeing that with or without it, the INNOV8 still doesn't support screensavers.
- Anything with Shozu in its name. If you re-run the app, they will reappear.
- NimbuzzWD.exe : appears only if you have Nimbuzz installed. Also a left behind process.
- Anything with YApp in its name : background processes from DrJukka's apps.
- SamsungAudioServer : kills off all sound. Just play any sound file to bring them back again.
- HomerDaemon : not really sure what this is, but killing it doesn't seem to affect the phone in any way. Probably language related?
Anonymous, 26 Sep 2009I want to know What to buy i8910 or n97.Is anyone there to reply?N97 is the "goodbye" of the nokia N-series
visk, 26 Sep 2009Hi All,
Just one question to anyone who has this phone . Can I play videos copy-pasted from... morewhere the heck they said u dont need to convert any video??
They just said u could play ur divx/xvid videos on ur phone without conversion
DVDs and VCDs both have(mpeg1/2) format which they wont be played on ANY phones without conversion
visk, 26 Sep 2009Hi All,
Just one question to anyone who has this phone . Can I play videos copy-pasted from... moreTo Visk,
As per specification details, it can play
So, if your DVD/VCD contains other than those forms you can not play them directly. You need to convert them to any of above format.
As per example maximum DVD available in market containing 'mpeg'format and older VCD contain Dat files. If you just copy them in i8910 it will not work.
Anonymous, 26 Sep 2009I want to know What to buy i8910 or n97.Is anyone there to reply?In my opinion i8910 is better phone than N97 in all respect.
Just one question to anyone who has this phone . Can I play videos copy-pasted from a dvd or a vcd on the phone without converting. although many have asked this question there are diff answers. gsm arena review mentions u dont need any conversion for any videos..hope someone can clarify which files need conversion( if any ) and which dont .
Guys i want a reply what is better this phone or the new N900 nokia ?? plz i want a replyy with some comparison
sameer, 26 Sep 2009right said battery performance is the only issue in hd
1500mAh of giant and drains very fast ... moreInstall Jbak Taskman and stop 'screen capture' which runs all the time but really has no function.
Voila, battery life is tripled.
sajad khan, 25 Sep 2009yes bro im having the same problem samsung hd battery sucks,its the worst battery i had seen s... moreright said battery performance is the only issue in hd
1500mAh of giant and drains very fast can,t understand
i am from bhopal mp india
hey wooo omnia hd is realy the best phone in the market now.no other phones can compete.best phone
Anonymous, 25 Sep 2009i8910 and the Disaster of Voice Quality in Modern Phones
I bought an i8910 and sold it 1 we... moreVery lenghty post boddy about a very simple issue!!!
Anyways, im using my hd with a nokia bh-900 bluetooth headset and the voice quality is way better than the phone itself. But i myself have not too many issue with the phones reciever unclearness
nearly ALL gsm/3g phones have more or less bad conversation quality and its a shame. It seems this technology remained untouched from early 90s
freaking retards keep asking the same questions over and over. use the search button! read a little!
hi every body
who can help me!!!!!! ,the really omnia hd is good phone or not and also abt n97?
tnx a lot,if hellp & say to me
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Looks like we have the same potential terrorist again. Or maybe the same AMERICAN troll? Maybe this troll is depressed or just a plain ol' whack job who for some reason or other has some serious unresolved issues with his fellow Americans?
So...some Americans are fat and stupid? So are some Europeans, Arabs, Koreans, Chinese, Mexicans, Canadians, etc...etc...etc.. What's your point again? And we Americans all live in a prison cell with no freedoms whatsoever? Wow, it's good that I managed to escape to another country before I was imprisoned forever!
Look, dingaling, if you can't keep it decent in here, then stay out of here. I think most of the world is already sick of the anti-American sentiment comments. Your blabbering proves stupidity and immaturity at best. Be careful. There are many Americans who are nutty enough to track people down like yourself.
Well then....how 'bout that sweet i8910!
1. battery problems-----try to turn the GPS receiver off if u don't use gps!!!, turn off bluetooth, wifi scan.......
2. voice quality-----mine is normal, but the headphone sound quality is terrible (noise and statics!!!)
3. can't install apps, it requires cerfified signature, limited apps.!!!!1
4. has picture messaging problem with t-mobile USA. can't receive pix message.
If you update to the latest firmware, i think it will fix most of the problems
Hey Guys have you'll tried upgrading your phone firmware. just try that and if it does not then get a replacement bcoz the hd that i have does not have an volume problem,,
Anonymous, 25 Sep 2009i8910 and the Disaster of Voice Quality in Modern Phones I bought an i8910 and sold it 1 we... moreyes there is a big problem with samsung hd voice quality.....many people r complaning.... such a good fone but basic thing abt voice quality is nt upto mark......i think u shld by N 97 wic is an awesome fone....i have been using it since 3 months now,,,,,no problem at all....big screen..amazing keyboard....huge 32 gb memory....