Yeah, I cant find any other apps like those on the Samsung Apps application.The apps I want are all on the review...
Is there something I am doing wrong?
I got this phone yesterday. Here are my first impressions -
1. Display is simplty brilliant!! No, that's an understatement. You need to see it to believe it, really! HD avi videos play smoothly and look superb. Live wallpaers look super cool as well.
2. Sound through the bundled ear phones are superb as well. You hav eq preset and sound enhancers like Bass Boost, virtual 5.1 ch etc.
3. I had a few issues with tht UI though. At places it didnt seem as smooth as I'd expected. Is anyone else facing this issue? I didnt close programs after opening, cuz i'd heard that Android does this automatically as and when the free memory decreases. Coming from Symbian (my prev phone was a Nokia 5800), I found this a bit disconcerting as I'm quite used to opening up the task manager and closing open programs. I couldn't find any option in the default task manager to close apps either. Restarting the phone generally fixed this problem.
4. To be frank, I found the 4 inch screen a little too big for single handed operation. Reaching the far end of the screen was a real pain :(Perhaps that might have been cuz i've got small hands :P
5. Threaded messaging and the swipe keyboard's pretty intuitive.
6. I found the build quality to be excellent. It looks way better than in photos. Its really slim, and fits in my pocket well!
7. Lack of a camera flash was the only major disadvantage I found. :( But then, my 5800 with flash didnt take any better pics in low light. :P
All in all a great buy! Worth the 28000 INR I spent on it.
Can any body tell me weather this phone supports a 3G video call over a 3G BSNL network? Has any body tried? Any person here who can answer this question? I have also emailed samsung mobile but did not get response as yet..Arijit can you try that one since you already own this phone...Another thing? Is it relesed in India? Wats the best price?
hey i am quite new with this smart phone and this is my first smart phone....my ol phone was samsung sgh f480...i want to know about the battery life...how long is the battery life for normal use??? my old phone can stand for 1 week w/o charging and lots of mp3 played...with this phone i got only about 2 and half or 3 days witg normal use w/o making any call...is it normal???
Arijit Gupta, 01 Jul 2010I just got mine 4 hrs back... and trust me... it rocks... my brothers iphone 3gs (with IOS 4.0... moreHi
I'm planning to buy this one in a week. Jus hav few doubts...
> What about the earphone volume? is it good in a noisy environment?
> What about the loudspeaker volume?
> Is the plastic build looks ok?
Pls let me know, it'll be a great help for me to decide on this phone. I'm also from India, in Chennai.
SpaceQ, 01 Jul 20107 hours later, after i wrote my answer that GPS is working fine, I found one problem... it ... moreAh, snap. Do you think they can fix it with a firmware update? One user wrote you need to lay it down for a while, with clear view to the sky, so it could update its satellite database for the location you're at. Can't imagine that as a solution. Would be great if you'd keep us updated! Thanks a lot so far.
If the phone have white colour more helpful then. coz i like the white or pink phone...haizzz
all u owners of this gorgeous phone, u'll love it even more if u download the launcher pro app. it runs fast than touch wiz. an it eliminates the iphone look to it!!!
Anonymous, 02 Jul 2010what's with the "original"? hey are you saying that galaxy s's in middle east other... morehe means original as in the i9000 galaxy S, and the M110S korean galaxy S.... these came out b4 the US variants (who all have slightly diff specs like flash, QWERTY keyboard etc).
spaceq, 29 Jun 2010Yep i got one for a week and its coool fast and panorama and stop motion features of camera a... morewow that is so cool...can u tell me if this phone has slow motion according? an whats the action shot settings?
Samsung Galaxy S Own, 30 Jun 2010Well, I have a Samsung Galaxy S (8GB, but it's also possible to have it with 16GB, however onc... moredude jus go into the browser settings an enable flash.
it comes disable for sum reason..wat u waitin on froyo for!?
I got my Galaxy S just few Days ago. It is a great phone with supper sharp screen never seen before. only one problem to report is that from application to application. it does lag little. i do not have this problem with my Desire.
pmoo, 01 Jul 2010Anybody knows that the UK/Asia version (original) Galaxy S comes with gyroscope or 6 axis acce... morewhat's with the "original"?
hey are you saying that galaxy s's in middle east other parts aside from you mentioned UK & asia are fake? you sound racist dude.
Anonymous, 01 Jul 2010how to make sure make galaxy s is 256mb or 512 mb???? pleaseee help me!!!!it's really 512, you just have to believe.. now did i help you?
how to make sure make galaxy s is 256mb or 512 mb???? pleaseee help me!!!!
hello people i tried the iphone 4 did not like had it for one week i get a samsung galaxy s moro ..my first apple and never again will i entertain one.. will give you my verdict on the sammy in a few days
I just got mine 4 hrs back... and trust me... it rocks... my brothers iphone 3gs (with IOS 4.0) looks blown away...
Will do an unboxing video tomorrow... hopefully it would come out fine... the Indian package is a little different...
Trust me guys... its an experience not just a phone... here comes the new way of Mobile Communication!!!