Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.5
6.4
6.5

just a personal suggestion to phone manufactures out there. If a person is worried about over exposure of images,i would hope that there is this mechanism where we can set the brightness of the flash according to our preference (just like those lights in cinemas).. so, the light flashed out would be just right.. hmm, is it possible to do so?

• 2010-04-26 07:09
  • wwN0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-25 08:42 from 2T0E - click to readyeppppp... but give us the option... there are times when i need a flashlight

• 2010-04-26 06:17
  • 4b8w

how about multitasking on this samsung i9000 ?

• 2010-04-26 04:38
  • sE8v

> In reply to [deleted post]maybe the person feels unsafe without the trackball... LOL

• 2010-04-26 00:40
  • jxYH

it is a big mistake to make full touch screen phone without optical trackball

• 2010-04-25 22:52
  • 0pAu

512mb of ram

• 2010-04-25 20:51
  • 0Sxe

Does anybody know how much does this phone have ram?

• 2010-04-25 20:29
  • 0x@G

31 May is available ... wait

• 2010-04-25 17:13
  • 0Sxe

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-25 08:42 from 2T0E - click to readThanks for your kind and polite reply bro :)

Even if I disagree a little with you because I think that this feature is a must in every high end phone even if your not using it but it must be enabled since we are speaking about a high end phone with HD recording, but still I respect your opinion and point of view, and if this is what your convinced in and your fine with it, then go for it, and I hope you will be happy and satisfied with the device in the future, let's just hope samsung sticks to their word and provide you with good support, not like what they did with the omnia hd in the past :>

Best wishes,

• 2010-04-25 10:55
  • 9xdQ

> In reply to SE 2010 @ 2010-04-24 19:30 from kJqe - click to readLED flash doesn't do much bro, I understand what you're getting at.. but from my past experiences with compact digital cameras and mobile phones, the LED flash on them are not very useful. They tend to over expose the picture so i never have them enabled, even with my 12mpx digital camera, and my samsung i900 omnia, I turn the flash off with both of them.

Like others who have posted here, the picture quality is determined by the lens, not the damn flash. for all we know, the lens on this phone could be very good, enabling it to let in enough light through it's aperture which will result in great pictures/video.

Pretty much, having an LED flash is only good for a flashlight, which, unless u have a blackout of something, is not that very useful. If you can show me some pictures taken with an LED flash, in low light conditions, AND manage to make them look good, i'll take back every single word i've said.

• 2010-04-25 08:42
  • 2T0E

i have jet at min ang wants me to 2 get iphone but this phone looks so cool ..venice is such a boring place maybe ok for chicks i need my shades and the hot breeze in my face and my HOG . hell i hate Europe

• 2010-04-25 02:20
  • 3x%3

If only the Samsung HD ICON looked like this

• 2010-04-25 01:27
  • i2sR

bit bland looking but top spec,,unsure of samsung with updates..

• 2010-04-25 00:39
  • mX7p

are making "commercial" about phones ho can be used like a entretainment center, to watch videos, listen music and surf in the internet...

Have Led flash or not is relative, this type of cell need to have a Xenon. In this point we can have a really discussion. But Laggs in system or poor video or audio quality is completly unacptable...

PS: Sorry, i create some words, i think, hahaha

• 2010-04-24 19:48
  • LkWy

> In reply to SE 2010 @ 2010-04-24 19:30 from kJqe - click to read Yes, you are Rigut, but i disagree in some specs.
I have an Omnia HD, and this cell phone have a impressive camera and video qualitty. BUT, when i need to take a photo or a video recording at night, or in a darkness place, im simple dont make anything, because the video and the camera have a bad quality, with a lot of lines and image distorcions, using i a flash or not. For me, doesen´t matter have a led flash or not. I think that a phone ho have this hardware, ned to have a Xenon Flash, not a Led...
I use LED only like a torch...
The biggest problem for me, is the possibility that the galaxy S or the HTC desire have a bad sound quality. Phones with this screem type (amoled or supermoled), can not have a bad audio quality. It is a disrespect with the consumer. Because those images inviting the consumer to watch movies in the Phone, and the experiency can not be ruined...

Flash lack i agree; if you like to take night pictures, buy a professional camera, not a cell phone. But, slow system or poor audio/video quality is not ("excusable?"), because HTC and Samsung are making (propaganda, commercial, i don´t know the correct word)about multimedias phones...

• 2010-04-24 19:43
  • LkWy

Who says the phone doesn't come with a flash? It has a LED flash. I saw that bit of info on another site in the UK. Unless its posting mis-information I am not sure, but that is what it said on it.

• 2010-04-24 19:37
  • kiQC

Personally this is one of the best touch screen phones I have seen. I usually prefer phones with a full qwerty key-board, but the features on this phone is enough to make me switch from my Bold 9700...wow!

• 2010-04-24 19:30
  • kiQC

> In reply to Thomy @ 2010-04-24 14:46 from LkWy - click to readLooL don't worry about it bro, your english is fine and I can understand everything :)

If you know that lacking a flash will limit the good pictures you can take, and also limit the HD recording and your fine with that, then it's bro it's you call and I totally respect it :)

I'm just saying that, since your paying at least try to look for other alternatives that may also have a lot to offer and not lack a simple hardware like a flash. After all your paying for a high end phone and it should have most of the important things.

Good day :)

• 2010-04-24 19:30
  • kJqe

> In reply to L.K. @ 2010-04-24 18:59 from veT3 - click to readVery good comment bro, that's exactly my point. I'm not here to bash or annoy others. I just believe that a high end phone that lacks a flash is just something that is not acceptable at all. In fact, I find it insulting adding HD recording features with out a flash. It's like fooling people that you have HD recording and even the phones with VGA recording will record far better specially in low light conditions and in night time.

It's nice to see people who are wise and still using their brain :)

• 2010-04-24 19:27
  • kJqe

> In reply to Jack @ 2010-04-24 14:30 from i2sR - click to readEven if it didn't have a flash the screen specs alone would make up for it. In either case it does come with a flash.

• 2010-04-24 19:24
  • kiQC
Total of 13056 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S.