Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

This will be a great phone to use. It looks like the iphone, feels like iPhone and works like iPhone but it is much better equipped and more reliable than iPhone. I wait to see it before I make mydecision in getting a new iPhone 3Gs or 4G. I have been using a iPhone 2G for two years now and I love it.

• 2010-04-14 10:31
  • TC%I

for the RAM size, please take a look.

• 2010-04-14 10:06
  • wrXX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-14 09:34 from TKb% - click to readIf you really need that, then buy other phone, this phone is not for you..

X10, Desire, NexusOne are the other options.

they all have torch! LOL

• 2010-04-14 09:37
  • wYGc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-14 08:46 from im0M - click to readYes, it is useless to you.

But how do you know majority of consumer don’t really use the LED?
Do you have conduct a survey? If yes, where is the link?

I think, we should not act like we know what is everyone thinking, and pls read my early post, my opinion is only for me.

• 2010-04-14 09:34
  • TKb%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-14 08:54 from im0M - click to readOf course it is not true, SAMSUNG never tell us the size of the RAM..

that site is not reliable.
this thing should have at least 384MB of ram or 512Mb of ram.

• 2010-04-14 09:31
  • wYGc

For anyone that's wondering about the RAM capacity, I stumbled upon this site that states the i9000 Galaxy S to have only 256mb of RAM :S.. It's also stated that the WAVE has 512mb.. hope its not true!

• 2010-04-14 08:54
  • im0M

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-14 08:08 from TKb% - click to readits useful for you maybe, but the majority of consumers don't really use the LED flash as a torch. I've got the original omnia, and in two years, i've only ever used the flash as a torch once.. and I almost never use the flash during photos, because it always over-exposes the shot and everything is too bright = useless..

LED flash = useless

so everyone should stop whining about it -_-

• 2010-04-14 08:46
  • im0M

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-14 06:06 from 2A3a - click to readha..ha..ha..
sure I have.

But do you bring your small flash light everywhere?
Are your small flash light is almost 100% within your reach at any point of time?

My dear friend, that is what we call CONVENIENT.

• 2010-04-14 08:08
  • TKb%

> In reply to Jez @ 2010-04-14 02:45 from in%4 - click to readIt's Android... probably going to be rooted to run HTC Sense on it (i hope).

• 2010-04-14 08:00
  • qD92

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-14 03:46 from TKb% - click to readWTH?

dont you have a small flash light or something? LOL!

• 2010-04-14 06:06
  • 2A3a

I tell ya Samsung,

This is almost become the perfect phone for me. I love your superamoled, 720p video and playback (DivX), 4in display, 1 Gz processor with dedicated graphics (PowerVR SGX540), etc.

The missing thing is the flash.
It is so important to me. Not for taking picture, but to use it for a touchlight. I'm using your omnia flash as touch way more compared to taking picture. To inspect my car, to repair my fan, when walking in the dark, to find my key, to check my wife pimple, etc…..

For taking great picture with flash, I had already had my superzoom camera.

Oh Samsung, why you do this to me.....

• 2010-04-14 03:46
  • TKb%

Samsung O/S and UI is garbage! iPhone kills this.

• 2010-04-14 02:45
  • in%4

after i got N900, i also want this one....when samsung? when???

• 2010-04-14 00:52
  • v0qC

If the I9000 has a great 5MP optical lense that can let in plenty of light, & good for dark indoors over 8MP of the BEAM then good. But it would have to feature lots of Internal memory, & good speakers for me to buy this over I8520.

On the other hand

I just hope it has great sound & speakers. Otherwise I will be moving over to the BEAM & hoping they increase CPU, graphics capabilities, RAM, ROM, lense aperture & quality as good or less as the I9000 galaxy, Internal memory by a margin.

Then that would make it my perfect phone. I aren't that bothered over the difference of the 3.7" of the BEAM to the I9000 4.0" if the BEAM or I9000 has all the features that a multimedia phone should feature.

• 2010-04-14 00:02
  • n5QF

This is a bit of a hard decision. Both I9000 S & I8520 BEAM have features I like. But it's one phone or the other.

Samsung could definately look importanly for both phones at internal memory. Look at Nokia X6, N900, N97, certain HTC's, Iphone 3GS, all have massive internal memory.

Also being the top model of samsungs range I would of thought it would include the 8MP camera over the BEAMS 8MP camera.

Here is my opinion of my my perfect phone from samsung. A fusion of the I9000's CPU, graphics engine for the I8520. I900 or I8520 large internal memory which is where other brands are moving on impreesivly with this.

Samsung being a leader in NAND flash shouldn't be a problem including lots of mem. Also not sure of by heart how much ROM & RAM I9000 has, but both I9000 & BEAM could do with 512 ROM, over 384 RAM, as the HTC's are starting to include lots of RAM & ROM in their phones.

If this phone id going to be a multimedia monster with the CPU & graphics, & HD rec & playback, then it could do with some pretty decent speakers. Hopefully better or equal to my Nokia 5800 would be very nice indeed.

But I like the look of the beam without the projector to make it look slimmer & sleeker & more elegance. Problem is, I like the 8MP of the BEAM, the look from the front & bottom of BEAM, but the slimmness of the I9000 with the Galaxys processor & 3d Graphics with the Beams stereo speakers which look like at the mo may be better than I9000, but thats speculation on my part.

Also I like the 1800MAH of the BEAM where you only get 1500MAH on the I9000. SO it's a very difficult decision for me, I'm torn between two phones which both have the ideal features but in split up into two seperate packages. Because I like the 4" screen of the I9000 also.

I have no idea which decision I am going to make. I guesse we can only wait for the final products & make another difficult decision when the time comes. I for one can wait till then, because I in no rush to decide over them both.

• 2010-04-13 23:48
  • n5QF

I honestly dont know why everyone is making a big deal about the cameras or flash or MP or video recording... honestly, its a phone! if you care about all that.. go buy an actual camera. look at what counts here. Eclair, 1GHz processor, Super AMOLED screen... amazing stuff!!!

• 2010-04-13 22:39
  • 5%X9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-13 17:49 from ps0I - click to read100% agreed =) u said it!

• 2010-04-13 21:01
  • im0M

The major problem is.....no flash in it.....

• 2010-04-13 20:40
  • uWxd

Have you read what gsma said?

It will be out in a month..
So, May is the release date. :)

• 2010-04-13 18:55
  • 2Am}

I've owned a 3.2 MP, 5 MP and now an 8 MP phone. 3.2 MP might be enough for some uses, but 5 MP is IMO the ideal compromise between definition and the size of the file it generates. I wish that manufacturers started to focus on stuff that REALLY influences picture quality, like good lenses, noise management and photometry. When will people stop believing that more MP equals better pictures?

• 2010-04-13 17:49
  • ps0I
Total of 12977 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S.