Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Popularity

Daily interest
7.4%
Total hits:
23563267

Voting results

Design
6.5
Features
6.4
Performance
6.5
Votes:
238

Sort by:

If this phone have camera with flash, I`m definitely going to buy it. If no flash, I`m getting evo 4g. It`s as easy as that. the whole camera is useless at night without it.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 12:18
  • m78h
  • C

this year i think theres going to be a big clash between nokia,samsung and lg
nokia with n-8
samsung with m8920
lg with gw990 and opollo

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 11:45
  • tZtV
  • U

> In reply to Sandeep @ 2010-04-05 09:33 from uWty - click to readSure, a Chinese replica.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 11:11
  • QxpX
  • R

> In reply to Sreerag @ 2010-04-05 08:53 from s81Q - click to readHey Its available in India now.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 09:33
  • uWty
  • R

I hope it would have a dual SIM capability.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 09:11
  • RBB1
  • U

I think this phone is gonna revolutionize the phone market...Guys is this coming to India??Plz reply!!

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 08:53
  • s81Q
  • U

> In reply to Vijay @ 2010-04-04 17:42 from Mfxg - click to readVijay, All you need to do is register yourself for emails from website like this one, mobilegyaan, medianama and so on. It is no rocket science, in this age of instant info. on the net, or even your mobile. Chill! Jatin, New Delhi, India

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 08:16
  • vGhZ
  • R

is FLASH really important even more than Trackball/D-Pad?

It may sometimes prove to be a nightmare for touchphone to not have Trackball/D-Pad for all those common activities, especially for an heavy-texter.

Trackball/D-Pad is way more important than FLASH in my opinion, which unfortunately it lacks! Think of manipulating 4" touchphone only with your fingers, even Nexus has trackball!

I love my spica in this regard!

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 08:09
  • utnQ
  • U

> In reply to ReVan @ 2010-04-04 21:01 from 2@tU - click to readWhy the heck do you think it will have flash??
The most it may have is a mobile TV turner and being released in Korea only by what I had read else where but this could well be yet another rumour.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 06:05
  • pKdv
  • R

> In reply to stefan @ 2010-04-05 01:07 from 0Zvp - click to readi don't get what's your point. samsung jet screen is NOT scratch resistant! so just put a screen protector on the screen when you've bought it. have you put the screen protector?

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 03:36
  • wrXp
  • R

hi,i used 2 phones samsung jet s8000 and iphone 3gs.only 1 to say.about 4 months use and screen on samsung start to full with stains,scratces and special loose in the sun!iphone have nothing at all!!!!!!!!i noticed that the materials are complete different in both screens.iph is glassy special hardened and jet some kind of plastic.i think that jet wont take a year with my use!finall i hope samsung galaxy s have abetter screen.keep that in mind also and not only specs!or else you have 2 change 2 mobiles in the same year!personal i will check it for good and then i will decide.its pitty to loose money because they want!and this in end SCREEN IS EVERITHING IN TOUCH PHONES!(IT HAS TO BE WITHOUT SCRATHES FOR LONG)

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 01:07
  • 0Zvp
  • C

it's ideal phone.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-05 00:55
  • mNGp
  • C

Im sure the final release will have Flash. If the phone has ALL the latest hardware then its obvious they cant miss out on a Camera Flash.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-04 21:01
  • 2@tU
  • C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-04 13:58 from 2Amn - click to readi think samsung should made the thickness of the phone (10.9mm)like the wave,because the flash is very essential for a lot of people ,for me i rarely use the flash but i can not buy a phone that does not have it ;)

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-04 20:02
  • fwMx
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-04 13:58 from 2Amn - click to readHi this is Vijay form India (chennai)

How you get this kind of information's Tell me pls


Thanks

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-04 17:42
  • Mfxg
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-04 13:58 from 2Amn - click to readTotaly agree with you .

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-04 16:45
  • prmy
  • R

mob is great

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-04 14:00
  • 0mIC
  • U

For those who are asking:

1. Why only 5mp?
-only a noob wants a 8mp or up.
-while us wants a better lens!

2. Why no flash?
-So it can have a thin body (9.9mm)

3. Can i transfer photos/videos via bluetooth?
-Yes, Android 2.1 can DO THAT, while you need an extra free app to transfer files (documents, folder, etc)

4. Looks like an Iphone!
-So what? Iphone is made out of Samsung hardwares, just look what iphone 3gs is using as its processor, A SAMSUNG PROCESSOR!

5. Why it has a poor camera?
-It is not a camera phone, i dot even have a dedicated camera key! its a multimedia phone where you get all the media from a HD video recorder or SLR!

6. 1GHZ? why it is not Snappdragon?
-Because samsung 1ghz processor is 3x better than 1gz snappdragon.

7. RAM Size?
-NO ONE KNOWS! samsung is still not releasing it. But i think it got 384MB of ram or more (probably 512MB ram)

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-04 13:58
  • 2Amn
  • R

> In reply to Wow @ 2010-04-03 23:42 from Ti8t - click to read@Wow its always easy to judge something after the facts come to light and yes iphone 4G, iphone Pro iphone 4th gen what ever they feel to call it might have better spec since this Samsung has released its spec to the world, where as you lot are still waiting for spec let alone photos of the iphone king/queen.
Where did the iphone get it's design from????
Any how its seem's (Samsung I9000 Galaxy S)a good phone on paper so does some of the HTC phones until we/I use one we are no more wise to how the handset performs.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-04 12:55
  • pKdv
  • R

Excelent spec.
I hope they are able to push this product to market in time, because HTC is already shipping legend Legend and Desire in Europe.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-04 11:02
  • S7yw
  • C
Sort by:
Total of 13059 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S.