Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.5

One thing that Samsung has to do : they must sack their current team designer and replace them with ingenious people. A usd 600s has same design with 140 dollar phones??! Give a little bit respect to your customers.

• 2010-04-06 10:08
  • w7ha

Again
For those who are asking:

1. Why only 5mp?
-only a noob wants a 8mp or up.
-while us wants a better lens!

2. Why no flash?
-So it can have a thin body (9.9mm)

3. Can i transfer photos/videos via bluetooth?
-Yes, Android 2.1 can DO THAT, while you need an extra free app to transfer files (documents, folder, etc)

4. Looks like an Iphone!
-So what? Iphone is made out of Samsung hardwares, just look what iphone 3gs is using as its processor, A SAMSUNG PROCESSOR!

5. Why it has a poor camera?
-It is not a camera phone, i dot even have a dedicated camera key! its a multimedia phone where you get all the media from a HD video recorder or SLR!

6. 1GHZ? why it is not Snappdragon?
-Because samsung 1ghz processor is 3x better than 1gz snappdragon.

7. RAM Size?
-NO ONE KNOWS! samsung is still not releasing it. But i think it got 384MB of ram or more (probably 512MB ram)

8. Document Editor/Viewer?
-Yes! Word, Excel, Powerpoint, ANDROID CAN DO THAT.

9. Web Browser Flash?
-Out of the box? Maybe yes or no, but Adobe Promises a Flash 10 for all android device with a good processor. Now you can play games on Facebook! LOL

10. Price?
- Maybe Cheaper than HTC Android Phones! LOL

11. Release Date?
- Probably July

@Mike
That is right, S.Korea is now 2015, but japan is still ahead, 2017.

• 2010-04-06 09:14
  • 2Amc

What is multi input method? Also, can you input into the calendar in landscape mode? or do you have to go back and forth to portrait/landscape like you do with the Samsung Omnia HD?

• 2010-04-06 09:07
  • UimU

> In reply to karthi @ 2010-04-06 05:55 from 2SNP - click to read- Document viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF) Straight from the specs. all android phones can view these files. no add ons needed.

• 2010-04-06 08:19
  • U2AI

it's a samsung what good will come of it!!!!!

• 2010-04-06 06:21
  • syap

Hi all, i am using windows mobile now. I use applications like excel, powerpoint mobile,isilo,chm e-book reader, etc. Is it possible to use these applications in Android os"? Do i need to buy any software?
thanks.

• 2010-04-06 05:55
  • 2SNP

> In reply to Saurav @ 2010-04-05 21:13 from 2SUp - click to readSorry bro no chance of this being released before september. Btw, the camera performance is pretty good and on par with wave but I think due to being prototype a bit of noise is visible in full res which I haven't seen with retail wave. And mind u guys the rumor about a camera flash being included is not true. There is actually no room for that. Why want a **cking flash when u get so many things? My bro gonna let me see a android 2.1 eclair running one next month. Hope to give u guys reviews then. Stay tuned.

• 2010-04-06 04:59
  • uNVK

Does this phone hav a flash for camera ?

• 2010-04-06 01:56
  • qJ@8

> In reply to sai @ 2010-04-05 13:58 from tVw5 - click to readThat's def. not the Galaxy S. Because the report states the phones to the left of the Samsung Wave will cost less.
But who knows maybe its a 4gig version..that would still be pretty dope.

• 2010-04-05 22:41
  • 4G9{

> In reply to Mirham @ 2010-04-05 16:32 from uNVK - click to readThanks, Any chance of release in late April or start of May? or will it take more time? And How was the Picture quality of the Camera?

• 2010-04-05 21:13
  • 2SUp

> In reply to [deleted post]Yeah u r right!the company is also full of duplication of models as usual!

• 2010-04-05 21:06
  • N7Dr

Best smartphone on the planet: Super AMOLED screeen, 720p @30fps, 90 millions triangles per second (game console like feature) hummingbird 1ghz processor (3 times faster than any processor).

South Korea is one of the most advanced countries in technology today. It's like year "2015" in there.

• 2010-04-05 19:36
  • pXa1

will tmobile usa get this fone?

• 2010-04-05 18:37
  • 4c@i

I think this is good hand set but no flash....i think this phone price is not more than 50000 pakistani rupee....

• 2010-04-05 18:00
  • uW5I

> In reply to Mirham @ 2010-04-05 16:32 from uNVK - click to readThanks a tonne for the info dear :)

• 2010-04-05 17:06
  • utnN

After the Beam, my technical supervisor bro from samsung korea gave me another big treat. I just got around to twiddling this phone in my bros office. I didn't get the full taste of it 'cause as usual the pre release unit was running on android 1.6. If not for the occasional color banding of 65K of android 1.6 the phone screen looks absolutely brilliant I couldn't just wait to see its full power with android 2.1 but my bro says they usually check technical errors by installing 1.6 and it'll available in a while. I couldn't check the sunlight legibility but under direct flash light in the office it looked quite better than my omnia HD. Unlike the prototype beam I tested, the Galaxy S proto is quite fast. It beats my fw upgraded omnia hd's best performance by miles. I wonder what'll happen with the retail unit. The gallery unfortunately is bit slow but that's probably an early stage issue. The camer interface is identical to pixon12 but I couldn't use most features of it right then. What amazed me was how little time it takes for the camera to start up and focus, shoot and save a photo even for a protype. I'll tell you more about it a bit later as I have to go for some errands right now. See ya. If u have any question just ask me I'll try to answer.

• 2010-04-05 16:32
  • uNVK

Just wondering, When would be this avialable in Indian market and at what price !!!

Any idea ?

• 2010-04-05 16:08
  • PUam

i realy feel somthing missing in it like flash which is very necessaey for any camera and also its 5MP camera is less.So i thing it should be improve till it relese.

• 2010-04-05 14:14
  • TL5a

According to EngadgXX, the price is just below US$700 / 20,000 Russian Ruble.

See the full report below, Galaxy S is second from left, beside Wave. It is a reasonable price if it is true.

• 2010-04-05 13:58
  • tVw5

If this phone have camera with flash, I`m definitely going to buy it. If no flash, I`m getting evo 4g. It`s as easy as that. the whole camera is useless at night without it.

• 2010-04-05 12:18
  • m78h
Total of 13098 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S.