Can anyone plz help me out? I'm planning to buy this phone but does the indian version of this one has gorilla glass and bluetooth 3.0? Guys plz answer me.
I have purchased Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL two days before and here are my opinions about this device:
1. Price was 19500 Rs.
2. Very little paperwork in the box...
3. Got a headset, data cable, device, battery, charger and a CD for software in the box.
4. Device is much much lighter than what it looks by its appearance and Size.
5. I have compared Super Amoled of Nokia C7 and Samsung Galaxy SL's LCD display before buying in the Digital Shop..and clearly, honestly...LCD of Galaxy is looks attractive than Super Amoled...
6. Device is smooth both on surface of screen and also in User Interface...NO LAGS for me till now..:-)
7. Android 2.2 Froyo rocks ;-)
8. Installed 27 apps from Android Market, and every app worked without a small lag even once.
9. Camera is superb for taking pics during day time and when sufficient light is available, as no flash :-(
10. Videos taken by SL are awsome...when played in my System...very high quality...but 2 mins of video took 46 MB of space...
11. No Need of reading any booklet as Android is very user friendly...
12. Music is superb in Headset, and music player is also looks good...speaker is a bit dissapointing.. :-(
13. Plays only few Video formats out of the box....but after installing Real Player, Winamp, QQplayer, and VPlayer Advanced...all the formats were playing superb...MKV format rocks...and too good to watch any video of MKV format on this device...
14. I am presently using NET on my mobile through GPRS or EDGE (i am not sure, but not 3G for sure) and still speed is impressive..for loading webpages and youtube and downloading...
15. Angry birds is a must to have game :-)
16. Battery Life is really impressive for my usage which is, 1hr of Music, 40 mins of Videos, 1hr of Net, nearly 2 hrs of gaming, 40 mins of calling, nearly 30 messages....all the above in a day...I dont know if it is good or bad, but I am happy with it...
17. I have downloaded 9 live wallpapers, and 5 were really impressive, rest 4 were ok.
18. Thinkfree Office is provided and it is too good to see documents, with 4" screen and we can edit docs too.
19. No Dedicated Camera button, so I am still facing a little bit trouble while taking pics ^_^ but camera does the auto focus itself after we tap on screen...this feature is good...
20. Last but the most irritating problem with this device is..while Data Transfer is taking place using edge or gprs, we dont recieve calls, but we recieve messages...I tried myself calling while I was downloading Racing Thunder, and did not recieve any call.
Please ask me more...this is it for now from my side..
Ash, 19 Mar 2011I bought the Galaxy ACE and not the SL, coz:
1) Ace is easier to hold -- 3.5"; 4"... moreHi I am using Galaxy SL, and I dont agree with you, for the following reasons:
1) Ace is easier to hold -- 3.5"; 4" is too big...Looks like your Palms and pockets are too small..
2) Ace is affordable -- Ace costs 1520 rsand SL costs 19500, but SL has super LCD and 1GHz processor which is a lot of difference, try playing Racing Thunder Pro on ur ACE...:-) if it hangs, be ready to remove the battery and switch on the cell again... :-D
3) The screen is gorilla glass -- Gorilla glass is for SL not ACE...did u buy ACE without knowing it??:-)
4) the cpu is 800 mhz already, and comes with froyo android 2.2 and the latest Touchwiz UI...Dont compare 800 mhz with 1Ghz...its no where near to SL, try opening more than 16 apps...ACE will die at 9....
5) The best reason: ONLY THE GALAXY ACE HAS CAMERA FLASH...This is one thing that I AGREE with you...camera has no Flash...but I do like SL's pics taken in day light...BUT..ACE records only 320X240 QVGA video...it means, the videos taken by ACE are best to watch on a screen size of Nokia E63 :-D...what is the use of having Flash....SL records 720p and even more 1280X720...very good videos...
Never compare two mobiles untill ad unless they are of same Price range...just a suggestion :-)
josh, 19 Mar 2011Yes i also face similar prob The heat is due to the battery discharge...nothing to worry...but when using WiFi, better switch data conectivity and bluetooth off, as it drains more battery life and hence more heat..hope this helps :-)
Hello people, it would be grateful if any buyer could post a picture of their Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL (BROWN).
It'll be helpful for a bunch of desperate buyers like me who are uncertain of their colour choices!
Thanks in advance, btw!
Awaiting a positive reply!
Hi, just bought this fone from flip kart and its working amazingly well... Just once thing though..how and where can I purchase the extended warranty from.. I'm from mumbai...thanks :)
I have bought this phone today and its very fast...
i love this phone.
im from chennai, didnt pay any octroi....
have anyone tried putting a external microsd card. When i tried a 2gb card from my e71 it failed to recognize. Anyone facing this issue ?
shalaut, 20 Mar 2011Im in Maharashtra..Thane actually..and perhaps thats why there was an octroi charge...heard th... morecan u please tell me if u are able to install apps in memory card. some people are complaining that apps get installed in internal (1.4gb) sd partition rather than the external sd card.
I brought I9003. Can anyone tell me whether i need to go for a screen guard? Is it really required
Those people who have brough this phone from samsung galaxy SL please help me.
I m from solapur city of maharashtra...! Right now i m studying in pune...I also want to buy this phone ata cheap rate. If i buy this from letsbuy.com site with icici coupan then exactly how much price will it cost...? Also will it cost me octroi charges?
My budget is hardly 18k...so 200-300 rs more or less i can afford but more than that...! Please give me exact information.
dimpy, 20 Mar 2011good to hear that the issue got resolved. Can u upload some pics of the phone? Im thinking of... moreI hv got the one titled Brown-black on letsbuy.com... as I had posted b4, this one's back panel is complete black in color and is the dotted one...whereas the side rim is brown....I have seen the black one in hand and thr brown-black looks much better...will try n post some pics in the next 2-3 days...
Swift, 20 Mar 2011Which state you are in? I heard that octroi charges are in some states only. Please do reply.Im in Maharashtra..Thane actually..and perhaps thats why there was an octroi charge...heard that octrio is not applicable in mumbai and navi mumbai (pls confirm it)...however, since letsbuy.com sold it with all taxes paid, they picked up the octroi after my insistence...
I was just going to order this mobile via letbuy.com and i just saw something odd.
Letsbuy.com quotes PowerVR SGX540 as the gpu and when i contacted them about the issue, they said that its totally confirmed.
"I9003 has a Super Clear LCD screen and will run on Android Froyo. The smartphone is powered by a 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor and a PowerVR SGX540 GPU."
For the owners: Can somone confirm if this phone has the same mutitouch issue found on phones prior to this one e.i. (HTC Desire, LG Optimus One, Samsung Galaxy ACE, etc.)
Check the link below to see what I mean.
Change hxxp to http
shalaut, 18 Mar 2011Update: The folks at letsbuy.com resolved the issue of octroi with the courier company by toda... moreWhich state you are in? I heard that octroi charges are in some states only. Please do reply.
Bought i9003 two weeks back from letsbuy for 18431. Prompt delivery.
Very good phone at this price point.It has every thing you can think of. I feel display is much natural compared I9000's AMOLED. AMOLED has an yellowish tint IMHO.
I am little bothered abt the battery backup, since this is my first touchscreen phone. Hope thats the same with all the touchscreen phones with screens >3.5 inch.
Guys planning for ACE have a look at i9003, then decide. I am sure you will change your choice.