why does the version info tell me I have 97.40MB of internal memory when I should have at least 8GB?? is there a fault?
Omnia owners, is it true thar there's a problem with the video recorder, some say that image and sound don`t match (sync). Other thing, is it true that the voice recorder is very bad and gives the sound of daisy duck or something like that?
blackwebb, 28 Dec 2008how 2 make this phone ring harder,anybody pleaseto make the ringtone sounds louder, you need to modify the ringtone itself by using mp3 editors!
Samsung, please upgrade firmware to include (1) dictionary and (2) sound/audio recorder. Thanks.
I'm in north america. 3g netwwork won't work here. is there any way of modifying phone so that it can receive 3g network. if you know, please advise @ pharok@Hotmail.com
to make music to to download to become ur message tone go file explorer copy ur music file to my document n juz paste it than go setting than notification than message n when u choose u should see the music
i jst bought mine. Phone is so nice. And im not having problems with it.
It will be important to have a stylus as that will help CEO's and the likes of us to jot down notes in our own handwriting.... we still use sharpened pencils you see.
DeViL13, 28 Dec 2008No please tell us the bright side of this device...1-Its purely a multi tasker, the cpu wouldnt let u down
2-16GB of space is great for storing movies
3-Divx player is embedded
4- Sound quality is really good, both on the speaker and on the earpiece
I got it as a present for my dad the other day.. completely perfect for him as he is a Windows Mobile fan from ever since (I have Nokia n82)..i played around with it too and heres what i found:
#1- The optical trackpad is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.. its like a mousepad on laptop..very innovative and practical
- Huge Screen..i believe 3.2"
- Much much much more quick than other Windows Mobile devices ive used
- Great battery life
- Sleek and Elegant Deisng
- 5mp camera not up to par (like my N82)
- Somewhat slippery in hand
- Too attractive & people like asking bout it lool
I would advise anyone buying a Windows mobile to buy it.. better than HTC diamond, Tytn II, and even the new weird shaped I'mate's
I would say the only option is Xperia which i havent tried till now
My Rating: 9.5/10!!
This is stupid WinMo device. Samsung should stick to their clamshell designs and leave the WinMo devices to companies with more experience.
1- the camera is aweful, the flash is useless and the pic is terrible, its just a 5 MP camera with no quality whatsoever.
2- the optical scroll key is something which will make u furious,very difficult to navigate .u cant scroll through web pages easily. try scrolling through your contacts. You will want to bang your head to the wall
3- there is an Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate.
engineers at samsung think WinMo users are a bunch of kids who need toys.why does it have 7 diff ways of rotating the screen? whats the use?
4- The 256K color screen (65K effective) is not as sharp as the ones u see on the HTC's, plus the screen size is not standard. Its almost impossible to see whats on the screen in sunlight
5- why the hell the stylus has to be attached to the lanyard. u cant keep your phone in any pouch because the the stylus will be dangling or if u put it in your jeans pocket either u will break the stylus or scratch the phone.Whats smart in that design?
6- because of its design its a very slippery phone.
these were the problems i have faced with this device. Its also got some positive points, but the negative points are so bright that u would never want to look at the bright side.
Dear Omnia users,
I have few questions about it. Please help me with answer.
1) It was suffering for battery problem with it’s beginning ROM. I read in review that it has been shorted out with latest version of ROM. Is it correct?
2) I read in many review that it is with an uncommon resolution of 240 x 400 pixels. That will be the reason of incomparability with other program. What is your opinion about it?
3) What about the speaker quality. Is it stereophonic or mono? Is it loud enough to listen songs / movie etc?
4) Samsung generally uses “Digital Natural Sound Engine” (DNSe verson 2 or 3) for their MP3 / MP 4 player. Is it available with Omina?
5) I read in review about poor legibility at sunlight. Is it so poor that it is very difficult to use at outdoor?
6) There is support for DivX and XDiv file out of the box. Is it also capable for running RMVB files (Real movie)?
Please Omnia users help me answering those questions. I want to purchase Omnia, but I am felling problem with those matter.