ryan, 18 Oct 2008Yes, you have make a wrong choice because Omnia phone is simply too good for you. I don't even... moreYeah, you are right Omnia is a very good looking phone. I have used WM devices since WM 2003. I know which one is good and which one is bad because simply I have so many experiences with WM. Omnia is still too far from stability as HTC devices.
The annoying things I found out were as follow:
- most programs couldn't run due to resolution
- HJ1 rom so far is very good, unless you install other programs, otherwise, you will have many problems
- screen autorotation dies many times
- doesn't wake up
- can't touch anything sometimes, the touch feature is frozen.
I have owned rx3715, rw6828, p3600, htc touch and TYTN II and Omnia. If you have been used those wm devices, you will khow what the different with Omnia. Well, otherwise, you won't understand what I am talking about.
I bought Omnia, because it is the best size for me for its features. But typing in Omnia is a pain as Samsung disable WM's word suggest feature.
JP, 18 Oct 2008Hi friends, I have 2 questions regarding the settings, pls can anyone help me in this regard,... morego to " settings " , system , " motion sensor " and adjust the sensitivity the way you want it. for mp3 ringtone, press start button , programs , file explorer , music , and choose the song that you want to set as ringtone by pressing the title of the song for about 2secs. phone will ask you to set as ringtone ? just click it. there you go !!!
JP, 18 Oct 2008Hi friends,
I have 2 questions regarding the settings, pls can anyone help me in this regard,... more1. go to - setting --> system tab --> rotation "Automatic". If it is not rotating automatic then, you need to nard reset. That is typical Omnia problem.
2. Put all your mp3 in my documents/ringtones
And then - setting --> personal tab - phone and change to the one you like.
I have 2 questions regarding the settings, pls can anyone help me in this regard,
1. How to set the rotating desktop ( i.e., automatical alignment)
2. How to set MP3 songs as my ringing tone.
I have the iPhone 3g and I do like it and I know it's pros and cons. I've been looking at the Samsung Omnia and seem to like it a lot more as it offers a lot more, as in better camera and mms support.... so I ask you all out there, Do I stick with iPhone 3g or move over to the Samsung Omnia, whats your thoughts?
Thanks in Advance
i'm concern about the GPS.Is this Samsung Omnia GPS via satelite, means functioning like GPS navigator? As i called Samsung they said only via 3G or wifi. If via 3G it will be costly when using GPS.
someone posted this at the se x1 opinion and i thought it would be useful for people who wnats to buy samsung omnia.
bought Samsung Omnia.
But it turned out a disappintment as follow:
- same ear piece and loud speaker so the sound quality is terrible.
- frozen and didn't wake up most of the time.
- terrible sunlight readibility. can't use GPS in bright daylight even in the car. what's the point of GPS then?
- touch screen is not very sensitive as HTC devices and at some points, touch is not possible expecially, near ok button. I tested touch testing, only one point near ok button. That's why so hard to press it.
- full of Samsung stuffs in rom and can't remove them and hard to update software like flash lite, google map, opera.
- terrible dialer interface
- bluetooth stereo is not as good as HTC devices..
- Stylus can't be carried all the time and difficult to deal with small things sometimes.
- hard to take pictures in bright sunlight. it's all funny color.
Oh, My god, I have made the wrong choice... Should have waited for X1.
Jhake (UAE), 18 Oct 2008Finally I got my i900 Omnia 16GB, what I can say is this a great phone. One question only, Ho... moreyo dude , i myself already asked this question here , and so far no one answered it. they just keep on saying that this rom etc... is good but they cant say whats the difference. i think you should stay in the rom that you have to be safe. for i read in modaco that flashing your omnia to new rom has a possibility of crashing your expensive omnia. till i get an answer to someone who has new rom, that will be the time to think about it.
scoopyscoopy, 17 Oct 2008I bought Samsung Omnia las week.
But it turned out a disappintment as follow:
- same ear p... moreYes, you have make a wrong choice because Omnia phone is simply too good for you. I don't even think you should use a smart phone. Why don't you learn your Omnia phone by reading the manual or asking other people instead of blaming on the phone? Many others are happy users of this phone just like myself.
Likewise, SE X1 which is a also a WM phone, you will also have your own difficulties. So stop Whining!
I'm so confused now, what is HH3? how many tyoes of rom i900 has? which is the best . . . can pls. sombody reply? and how to download? which site? do i need to download it directly by phone or I need to download it first in my laptop? pls. reply . . ..
Finally I got my i900 Omnia 16GB, what I can say is this a great phone. One question only, How will I know if which rom my omnia has and what will be the benifits if I will have HJ1 rom? Pls. reply as it is very hard to read all previous comments. thanks in advance
PRIDE, 16 Oct 2008To the poster regarding about where to find free software, you should find loads by googling s... moreCan the i900 be used to watch mp4 movies as can be done with the iphone? How does this phone comepare to the Lg KC910?
please i want know if there is a difference between omnia 8gb and 16gb in rom and in any thing except the memory ofcource