Arnel, 21 Oct 2012Hi Bittu
1) 2GB ROM means 1.97 of space which is user accessible, which means you can insta... morei don't think so guys. ROM is read only memory, and read only means that we may view or read its content but we can't modified it (add or remove, except via recovery mode)
mine is 8gb version and here is detailed memory:
- 4gb (3,9gb usable) called sd card memory, which you may use it to store common data like musics, videos, pictures or any other files including sd data when we install any hd games
- 2gb (1,91gb usable) called internal memory, which you can only use this to install apk files (games and application installer)
- 2gb (mine shows only 631mb usable via titanium backup) called ROM, which can only be used to install the OS, including build in / default application like messaging, contact, camera, browser for example
normally we can only install any application to the 2nd memory i mentioned. we can, yes we can install any application to ROM, but we must do it through recovery mode and the applications we will install are not apk, but zip.
to prove whether my statements are right or not, use any file manager to see them.
Please help which better
I want mobile just good in viber , Skype and Internet good camera vedio call
Raj, 21 Oct 2012In this phone ,in india now available jelly bean? Pls reply....nope buddy,i came with gingerbread!!but samsung promised to upgrade it to jelly bean!!
sam, 19 Oct 2012I want buy ths . Can i buy or not plz tell me frndU can buy it.
i am using S advance last one month. my experience this mobile is too valued for money. no any type of lagging and i didn't face network problem. performance very good. disadvantage that no camera zooming and os gingerbread. am waiting for higher version of android version.....
Oh my, it is not possible to zoom while capturing photos even with 3rd party camera app, i'm just wondering is it hardware's limitation or it is up to OS? let's wait Jelly Bean update and we'll see
bittu, 21 Oct 2012Hi frnds...I am planning to buy this device.. going thru all the reviews n all... still I have... moreHi Bittu
1) 2GB ROM means 1.97 of space which is user accessible, which means you can install applications upto 2 giga bytes.
2) I never had a network problem, though the problem exists in the devices that are currently in the market. However my SGSA had an issue wherein the GPRS connectivity was intermittent which was sbsequently resolved after the OTA update(to GINGERBREAD.DDL1 I'm sure you too can do it after you buy this device)
3) Remember Smart phones always have digital zoom and not optical zoom... Digital zoom is not a true form of a zoom function. The image itself doesn't actually come any closer as the optics in the phone camera stay the same. The way the digital zoom works is much the same way as it does on your PC at home. It takes a portion of the image and expands it to the full size of the picture. What happens here is that the section of image that you are looking at becomes bigger, not closer thereby reducing the image quality......SO FOR ME ZOOM REALLY DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL UNLESS IT SAMSUNG COMES UP WITH SOME OPTICAL ZOOM TECHNOLOGY IN ITS COMING PHONES....
Hope this answers all your concerns....
Priya, 21 Oct 2012Ya i know...But lower version S duos is having ICS..then why not GSA??
I think we should w8... mores duos also hav more ram than s advance.....
s advance have only 515 MB ram user availsble
s duos got 656MB of user available RAM....
bittu, 21 Oct 2012Hi frnds...I am planning to buy this device.. going thru all the reviews n all... still I have... moreBittu : 5mp cam is very good at outdoors compared to sony neo L and its front cam is also perfect for skype video calls....zoom option is not an issue even sony neo L lacks it.....these phones cums without image stabilisation so even if there was option for room it will lack perfection..
bittu, 21 Oct 2012Hi frnds...I am planning to buy this device.. going thru all the reviews n all... still I have... morebittu : idont knw wats the use of rom but it may help for the processor to boost....
Network issues are common but it didnt effect me on calls n browsing...
owerall s advance is a nice,good phone compared to other phones at this price range...go for it....
superdenz-215, 20 Oct 2012Is the rumor about the Samsung Galaxy S Advance getting discontinued to make way to the Galaxy... more...rumors are true. samsung pulled out the device frm d stores here in the philippines. darn samsung. its still a week before i cn buy this phone but now i dont know where to buy it.
hey i just buy this phone and i have probleme with midddle key (home key)it is not working..... Plz plz help me wat i do
Hi frnds...I am planning to buy this device.. going thru all the reviews n all... still I have some question unanswered ..can anybody please help me out getting me the answers to the following question?????
1.Wat z the use f 2GB ROM in dis devise..
2. network related issue
3.poor camera zoom option..
chaith, 20 Oct 2012hey friends........
i think samsung is gonna stop the production of GSA.
coz galaxy s3 mini ... moreI m a user of this set nd it performs all the evryday tasks efforlesly btw s3min has smallr scrn lessr internal storage immobile lens no rom it just has more ram
mahtab, 19 Oct 2012even samsung hasn't upgraded s3 in india.hoe can u expect an upgrade foe sgsa. it will receive... moreYa i know...But lower version S duos is having ICS..then why not GSA??
I think we should w8 for that.. :(