Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to haxo @ 2014-07-26 01:24 from 0uRp - click to readhow about the battery? i've upgraded my s2 to kitkat via paranoid 4. It's quite good too, but the battery still can't last longer. i got instagram, path, bbm for 20 minutes and play let's get rich for about 45 minutes takes 50% of my battery. have u ever try cyanfox?

• 2014-07-28 20:16
  • thuH

GS2 is not designed to be upgraded to kitkat, so don't do it, you will just ruin your phone.
I heard the best OS for GS2 is only jelly bean version! can someone please confirm that?

many thanks

• 2014-07-28 12:59
  • 95H4

> In reply to haxo @ 2014-07-26 01:24 from 0uRp - click to readhow did you manage to upgrade to kitkat on your s2

• 2014-07-28 12:11
  • N9BQ

> In reply to blessie @ 2014-07-22 10:29 from wYCF - click to readDo a factory reset and then install 16 gb card.

• 2014-07-27 07:13
  • bCq0

My s2 version is 4.0.3 i want to know have soft ware update

• 2014-07-26 20:10
  • fCx%

Hey readers...!!!
Is S2 stable with cynogenmod or cynofox ..???
Does it gets warm after gaming..??? Is it lagless...
Or does it creates any probs..???

• 2014-07-26 18:01
  • KStw

Hey readers...!!! Does cynogenmod or cynofox is stable for s2..???
And how is d gaming experience after rooting it to cynogenmod...???
Is it lagless or does it gets pretty warm due to rooting..???help..

• 2014-07-26 17:55
  • KStw

> In reply to hrzky9 @ 2014-07-25 10:21 from 61QE - click to readI have upgraded my GS2 to KitKat via Cyanogenmod 11 and it works great I reccomend you doing that

• 2014-07-26 01:24
  • 0uRp

how can I choose to only upgrade to ICS?
the system gives me the latest upgrade available which would be JB I think.
can I select which one I want? from where?

Many thanks

• 2014-07-25 10:48
  • 95H4

Don't try to upgrade ur S2 to JB 4.1.2, i've tried it, battery drain really really fast. I got more than 3 times charging a day. ICS still better.
is there someone have try upgrading S2 to Kitkat?

• 2014-07-25 10:21
  • 61QE

> In reply to GS2 @ 2014-07-24 13:51 from 95H4 - click to readhi dude i have updated my galaxy s2 from gingerbread to gellybean no issues found, cool.. battery life improved.

• 2014-07-25 06:01
  • ut2m

Your reply will be much appreciated,
so is it worth upgrading from ginger bread to jelly bean?
also why suddenly my phone developed a drain battery symptoms, I deleted everything I downloaded recently still the same, new battery also the same. It takes hours to get fully charged!! why is that?

any help would be much appreciated, I love GS2 and I still think one of the best phone ever produced by Samsung.

even the latest phone doesn't excite me as much.

so please advice me how I can resolve the above matter.
Also to say my internal memory is almost full, could that have anything to do with this problem?

• 2014-07-24 17:44

I need help please
I still have my original ginger bread, if any of you upgraded to latest version experienced any problem?
do you recommend doing this?
my battery recently raining so far, I put the new battery still the same.
please advice me on both of the above issue

many thanks, I really need help please

• 2014-07-24 13:51
  • 95H4

> In reply to blessie @ 2014-07-22 10:29 from wYCF - click to readapps are saved usually into the internal memory. I think they are also downloaded and unpacked in interna memory. Try free app Clean Master, it searches for temporary and unused files and those usually go to hundreds of MB!

• 2014-07-24 11:23
  • xDtH

Fantastic device. Very nice design that looks great even after years since release. Shame the motherboard dies after a few years. I wanted to buy a used one and ran into tens of S2's with dead motherboard.

• 2014-07-24 11:21
  • xDtH

i want to disable the data and work of wi-fi. will the wi-fi disable the data coverage?

• 2014-07-22 15:15
  • N9iT

change the SD card from 8GB to 16GB but still i cannot upload any application. still "insufficient memory".

• 2014-07-22 10:29
  • wYCF

My S2 turned its self off this morning and will not stay on after restart, battery is fully charged
any ideas.

• 2014-07-22 05:53
  • PFq{

> In reply to Monday Odaji @ 2014-07-17 15:16 from ft6x - click to readWhatt App allows only one number so do not waste money downloading several whattapp application.

• 2014-07-22 04:53
  • bCq0

> In reply to kINgtArO @ 2014-07-18 13:57 from fsTy - click to readThe issue will be due to the charger port. I had the same problem just before the phone would no longer charge at all.
I tried installing a new charger prot (for an S2 plus as was cheaper and more easily available than i9100 charging port) but that didn't work. Problem fixed when i got hold of a genuine i9100 charger port.
Now phone charges and is recognised by pc and no fake charging/connected to pc issues anymore

• 2014-07-20 06:20
  • 2Tnu
Total of 23756 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.