Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 12:55 from ix1S - click to readThere is no need to condition the battery, just use it and charge it when it needs it.

• 2011-05-13 16:39
  • njNE

Don't care about this huge brick !!! What happened to the Samsung S2 Mini ? That is the one i want !!!

• 2011-05-13 16:14
  • mDQr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 12:55 from ix1S - click to readI did initial charge of 12 hrs then flatten it and fully charge it 6-10 times ..i am on 8th charge now.

• 2011-05-13 15:29
  • mX73

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 08:59 from wYLN - click to readi don agree with u... nokia is not the best...

• 2011-05-13 14:37
  • IVUv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 03:46 from IaaL - click to readNow isn't this the truth, not.

Get out of here isheep.

• 2011-05-13 14:10
  • j%4b

anyone have any opinions/facts about how many times to recharge battery from flat until it is properly conditioned ?

• 2011-05-13 12:55
  • ix1S

> In reply to The 4400 @ 2011-05-13 12:24 from Tr8a - click to readI have n79,n86,n96,6659,6630,n91,s/ek770,sammy d900,sammy g600.I have had nearly all the top fones bar fruit fone which i hate with all my life.

I am one of the people who understood the n97 and got it working fine but for the normob it must have been a nightmare.

I have been getting up each morning to miserable alarm via clock >> alarm option..I have sat down this morning and oh my god what have i been missing.Its got one off alarm,weekdays only,mon-fri or weekly.

Then alarm type>>melody,vibration,vibration and melody briefing....This is brilliant ,you can set the volume of alarm,none of my nokias do that.Alarm tone allows the ones by sammsung or go to files and their are my s/e ringtones ive built up over years ie ravi,sc-fi and cosmic.

Then snooze it says 5 minutes 3 times BUT if you tap on it you can customise to 3 minutes snooze,5minutes,10minutes,15 minutes half hour or just 1 reapeat.

Smart alarm sets off the alarm at a set interval before your main alarm goes off.Then their is notes setting so when you wake up you have written reminder on screen.When alarm goes off you have a zzzz icon on one side and big X on other and you drag these icons across screen for what you want to do.

Also there is option to end or start calls using main home button which is a blessing for me.

• 2011-05-13 12:44
  • mX73

is that for real, stand-by 710hrs 2G 610hrs for 3G
I experimented with 3G and not using the phone and needed to recharge after 4 days....

• 2011-05-13 12:34

is that for real, stand-by 710hrs 2G 610hrs for 3G

• 2011-05-13 12:33
  • ix1S

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-12 20:04 from mX73 - click to readThanks 4 the regular updates. U have kept your Nokia smartphone any others? I 2 have kept my Nokia smartphone non qwerty and don't see any reason 2 get rid of it despite the imminent review & then buying SGSII. So not flying the Nokia flag & seeing SGSI being sold 2 buy SGSII. I am curious 2 find out if U have any regrets now of items sold as in keeping my Nokia I sold a 'newer' S/eric which some do not understand

• 2011-05-13 12:24
  • Tr8a

> In reply to ansfido @ 2011-05-13 11:47 from 2ICy - click to readCool why not if they pay me a fee for the privilege? They must review under my supervision of course as I really don't want it to disappear lol!

• 2011-05-13 11:57
  • 0CD}

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-13 11:14 from 0CD} - click to readI don't think it's so hard for them to get one.....Most profile sites including Arena have connections with the manufacturers staff....They know people over there so they can get a unit easily...not to mention it's in the the manufacturers interest to provide units for the reviews knowing that a segment of costumers take into consideration reviews in profile sites in deciding their next phone! So the reviews in the other profile sites were made with a final unit.....From my point of view Arena has no excuse in making so many people wait so long!

• 2011-05-13 11:51
  • Mtyp

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-13 11:14 from 0CD} - click to readwhy don't you contact GSMarena personel, aks them to visit you at your home and provide them all your feedback and review. I'm think they are very happy and we all also happy.

• 2011-05-13 11:47
  • 2ICy

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-13 09:47 from vG5G - click to readhey, the earphones don't have forward, reverse. it only has answer/end. which also doubles as a play/pause and maybe even skip. you can always buy another set, or an adapter.

• 2011-05-13 11:36
  • AejS

> In reply to knightrain @ 2011-05-13 10:34 from vxAh - click to readHELP ;(

Does anyone know the wired headphones with remote controls and mic functions working because the headphones coming with this phone does not have remote for Forward, Reverse and Volume Control.

I mostly listen music while riding bike and phone is in the pocket so with out remote i cant stop/play or roeward/reverse or control volume of my songs.

THANX

• 2011-05-13 11:17
  • vG5G

> In reply to Sun @ 2011-05-13 09:18 from Mtyp - click to readYeah definitely odd that GSMarena haven't put a review up. I'm guessing that most review sites get given a retail sample to review that gets passed from one site to another so there is definitely something not right here. If I were GSM Arena I would send someone on a flight to London all expenses paid for and get them to look in every store for the phone, its hard work and costs money but I'm sure they could afford it easily. I know the phone is difficult to find so I consider myself very lucky indeed to have got one!

• 2011-05-13 11:14
  • 0CD}

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-13 09:47 from vG5G - click to readha! ha! ha! no body will be able to reply you, because they all don't have this phone yet .... except you. Hah ! so pity ...

• 2011-05-13 10:34
  • 2ICy

I've had this phone a full day now and it is really good. I have noticed no lag or delays in anything I do. The touchwiz 4 is a huge improvement. Browser is excellent and fast on wifi and 3g, the gps gets a lock within ten seconds indoor. The screen is mind blowing and the back cover which everyone keeps going on about is great, fits like a glove doesn't feel cheap and all the people I showed the phone to had no prob with design or being plastic (and most of these ppl have iphone4). the only complaint I have is the battery drained rather fast but being my first android phone I might not have my settings right or it will get better as I condition the battery. Put Green Day Awesome as F*** concert on and it was amazing on the 4.3inch screen. Oh and it does send texts overseas, I read something on here about it not being able to do this from some post, works fine.

• 2011-05-13 10:34
  • vxAh

HELP ;(

THANX

• 2011-05-13 09:47
  • vG5G

> In reply to estxuan @ 2011-05-13 09:12 from 2ICy - click to readThis isn't new...Most of Nokia's phones have been produced in authorised chinese factories for a long time....Also other manufacturers are producing different phone components,batteries,chargers in China....It's because of the cheap labour work...!

• 2011-05-13 09:28
  • Mtyp
Total of 24003 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.