Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Rashmcmohsen @ 2011-05-12 22:46 from HB8Z - click to readur so wrong... check out the HTC sensation 4G
it's 4G to start with
higher screen resolution with same size

• 2011-05-12 23:02
  • nCY$

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-12 20:04 from mX73 - click to readhmmm then you hold on to it till its safe!!

• 2011-05-12 22:53
  • HB8Z

can anybody tell me if i will get a pouch with the s2 inside the box just as we indians got with s1 and what street price can i expect this beast to be in india?

• 2Ajr

> In reply to papz @ 2011-05-12 10:21 from uCrU - click to readyup the number of apps depend on the resolution, as well as the processor...
in my opinion, if u wanna buy a budget phone, go with the galaxy ace...it'll be best 4 u

• vGx8

> In reply to techjuana @ 2011-05-12 22:39 from vGx8 - click to readoh come man, don't waste your time in explaining him wat the facts are!! clearly there in no phone as of now and atleast till the next 6 months to beat S2!! and like the previous year, this S2 will win the smartphone of the year award!!

• HB8Z

> In reply to [deleted post]compare the two phones...only advantages of sensation are the aluminium built, sense and qhd resolution
samsung has much better display, better battery, 15 or 31 gb more of internal memory, better camera (htc cameras suck), better graphics chip, is slimmer and lighter, better audio quality, better connectivity options, 2 mp front facing camera (htc has vga)
damn SGS II clearly OWNED HTC SENSATION

• 2011-05-12 22:39
  • vGx8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-12 16:50 from kJX3 - click to readit never lagged oat 1.2 ghz...n they wer not hackers, they were tweakers or rather the xda developers or flashers....they do it on every phone to check out the world beyond limitations...it reached a 4000 quadrant benchmark which has never been seen before...1.2 reached around 3400, which again is d highest...
so u stick to ur old n cheap nokia phone cuz u deserve dat

• 2011-05-12 22:33
  • vGx8

> In reply to Andrew @ 2011-05-12 14:17 from NaDP - click to readFirst of all, iphone 4 won best phone for 2010. Not that im a apple fan, im just stating the truth

• 2011-05-12 22:32
  • QGMH

Just today got my galaxy s 2 and moved to it from my galaxy s. They both are very good but this one is of course much better. The improvements I see so far are the camera, gps, screen, and performance. It is much faster and smoother. The browser is exremelly smooth and good. Internet speed for wifi and 3g are also much improved. Ok this is the best phone on the earth so far!!!!!!!

• 2011-05-12 22:31
  • m58J

> In reply to [deleted post]damn...u surely r lucky

• 2011-05-12 22:29
  • vGx8

Are we going to get a full review soon

• 2011-05-12 21:11
  • nFrR

@Smat,

I got my red scone gel cover and the one i gave you a link to.The one with the stand on is absolutly brilliant its exactly what i was aftr.I am watching bbc i-player again with the stand out,its more upright than n86 stand.It does feel durable but i reckon after afew hundred in/outs it might wear but not sure.I am going to get a couple more before they run out.

I did not want to soud paranoid before but people these days do get jealous and someone could bump into me on purpose to make it smash to floor.I do hope the stock shortage is resolved soon.Samsung had the idea that a few million would do as a lauch estimate but got it wrong because on the tuesday or wednesday the o2 site withdrew the offer.

I want to say more but i know someone in o2 store and carfone.As for phones4u i cannot understand why they wont sell it sim free,sure a sale is a sale and they would make some profit ???? I can say this tho and that our carfone got 3 sgs2 one for prepay,one contract ,one simfree but the sim free can go for contract but NOT prepay??

• 2011-05-12 21:04
  • mX73

Is facial recognition unlock included in the retail version?

• 2011-05-12 20:52
  • mX$I

Demo of USB OTG

• 2011-05-12 20:49
  • Kh2m

> In reply to Rashmcmohsen @ 2011-05-12 08:26 from nqdH - click to readI wouldnt go celebrating us UK people just yet as 22 people i know cannot get the sgs2 ,,its been taken off o2 website on prepay and our o2 shop still has none in on prepay or contract.Ive been offered £500 from 2 people .I have got my cases through now from amazon and set it all up full to my liking.If i do sell it i have to wait like the others and set it up allover again.There is a new problem tho;;

At this moment i am using my n86 because i am bothered about getting robbed,,how many people know i have one.Phones4u wont sell it sim free still, even tho they say they have stock.

• 2011-05-12 20:04
  • mX73

> In reply to mark2jag @ 2011-05-12 08:54 from SgvH - click to readAfter yesterdays cyber attack I feel like Rick Grimes

You came to this forum asking for help and we (other people answered) tried to assist. I do not feel that addressing us in the manner of this post shows any respect for suggestions. So in keeping with the indignance displayed I will try to answer

You have heard of email have you not? or ven a phone call to confirm whether or not the "successful 4 or 5" reached the intended email call yes or no ?

Did you ask them to send you a text to see if you could receive
What I can confirm is that my old disconnected mobile number you can send a text to which doesn't bounce, where they end up is ??

"with regrads to my previous comment about S2 not sending text messages internationally, im not stupid "
again insufficient criteria to make an accurate assessment by samy s2 you are a rocket scientist

"but it doesnt do what I NEED IT TO DO so therefore its NO USE TO ME!!!!! "

Well did you? Did you do ask I asked in trying to narrow the situation down

let me put in in a form I hope you understand
na. na... na... na...na!

or a bad craftsman blames his tools
its called the HUMAN ELEMENT

• 2011-05-12 19:45
  • IaHa

> In reply to [deleted post]When ll you get it into your head the reason people buy these fones is because they Dont want a sodding fruit fone,, go away.

• 2011-05-12 19:44
  • mX73

Please put on review on the site quick I'll beg
.Thank you very much

• 2011-05-12 18:18
  • 0yuq

The yet to be released Iphone 5 will have an AMOLED screen with in plane switching (IPS). That's combining Lg technology (IPS) and samsung's AMOLED. That screen is gonna be great but on the other hand samsung is in the awkward position of providing its own Technology to its Competitors. Currently samsung produces 3 million AMOLED screens per month which is way below the demand. That's why there'll be a galaxy s ii variant using SC LCD. A plant is being put up and it will be completed by July 2011, which will increase the AMOLED screens from 3 million to 30 million. Now that's good news in my opinion.

• 2011-05-12 17:54
  • fu$W

i am day dreaming about GS2
come on now

• 2011-05-12 17:03
  • Y}5j
Total of 23964 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.