Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Hi All,

Does this phone has free GPS like how Nokia provides life time free OVI Maps? Can soomebody please comment?

Thank you.

• 2011-05-12 10:12
  • b%L6

Impression from my Galaxy S which I bought some time ago, I believe this will be really dream phone in current market. If I am not owning Galaxy S this will be my phone.

• 2011-05-12 10:10
  • mKY4

> In reply to [deleted post]Its true that there are other decent reviews on the net but GSMarena do a full in depth review such camera and sound features whereas others only scrape the surface. I can only imagine GSMarena are having difficulty getting hold of the phone or that that they are working on the mother of all reviews! Despite owning the phone I'm looking forward to their opinion on this beast!

• 2011-05-12 10:00
  • 0CD}

I've got a crush on this phone!!!... I dream about it all night and daydream about it all day. The wait is freaking me out!!

• 2011-05-12 09:59
  • vapE

I currently own iphone, though this samsung looks great.
One thing is bothering me on all samsung phones. Design of their menus, icons etc. Look at those 4 main icons: Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Applications. They look like if some 5-year old kid draw them. Did they ever look at some iphone icons? Jeez...

• 2011-05-12 09:41
  • mFmb

Except for the big and bad design, this is a good phone.

• 2011-05-12 09:24
  • up1C

> In reply to mark2jag @ 2011-05-11 19:08 from nxb% - click to readwith regrads to my previous comment about S2 not sending text messages internationally, im not stupid and have tried my sim in 4 or 5 different handsets, and they all work fine. the galaxy s2 will not send international text messages and comes up with an error message saying failed all the time. If i reset the phone completely then it will allow the sending of just one text message complete with delivery report but after the first message any further messages come back with a failed report meaning not delivered......
Incidentally UK text messaging seems unaffected. Samsung cant or wont help despite going to their head office, Phones 4u Camberley dont seem to give a damn, so unless I can get IT sorted then I'd really be ooking at getting it returned. Like i said before in the review I still rate the phone but it doesnt do what I NEED IT TO DO so therefore its NO USE TO ME!!!!!

• 2011-05-12 08:54
  • SgvH

just got this phone a couple of hours ago, first thing it is big but it feels really good in the hand. Screen is amazing and it is blazing fast. I picked up a gps signal within ten seconds and that was indoors. voice app works really well and the navigation by voice is amazing. Haven't had a chance to do much else but will post back when i've spent a day with it.

• 2011-05-12 08:30
  • TSBb

Well Well well, congrats to all the s2 users out there. you guys are lucky ones who have got it first in your country!! we here in Mid east are still waiting and hoping that it might come soon.. And to all those S2 haters out there, i guess u should sit down with samsung designers and get ur choice done :).. And please stop commenting on the back cover!!! its cool!

• 2011-05-12 08:26
  • nqdH

S2 looks just huge. Too wide and too long. Is it a phone or something between phone and tablet..?

• 2011-05-12 08:19
  • nqj2

> In reply to [deleted post]I am an iPhone 4 fan, but you are a troll. If you like iPhone 4, say good things about it in iPhone 4 section. if you dislike something in particular about SGS2, state it. But mindless trolling, neither Samsung fans, or true Apple fans appreciate. Reported you, on behalf of real Apple fans, who do not troll.

• 2011-05-12 08:08
  • mTWA

Hold off on purchasing this phone peeps... The samsung Galaxy S III comes out later this year... The specs will blow your mind!!!

• 2011-05-12 07:14
  • 4FPw

Is it available in Saudia now?

• 2011-05-12 07:04
  • nTpT

Hi
can anyone tell me hows the sound quality of Music Player and Video Player of this phone.
we all love Sony and Apple phone bcoz of the Sound quality of music player as well.
i am waiting for this phone from past 6 months, as some pple here already bought this phone.
Kindly share your views for Music player and video player sound quality of this phone.
Thanks in advance.....

• 2011-05-12 06:05
  • fCRH

> In reply to vikram @ 2011-05-11 03:09 from vG1F - click to readWaiting for this baby.....when will it arrive in Singapore?

• 2011-05-12 05:20
  • 9FjK

Iphone 5 will never be made/ realized coz samsung will not sell anymore to apple thier hardware, no, not anymore. Huhuhu, too sad, what is a software without the hardware?

• 2011-05-12 05:07
  • w0QV

> In reply to [deleted post]Ya !!! I agree ...Anonymous, you really a crazy person, are you some sort of terrorist ?

• 2011-05-12 04:54
  • 2ICy

Guys, two questions:

1. what is the aspect ratio of this phone? for example iPhone has a ration of 3:2 and Nokia N8 has 16:9... But I don't know the exact aspect ratio of this one.

2. Does Android 2.3 support Unicode characters (Particularly Persian language characters)?

• 2011-05-12 04:51
  • j012

> In reply to [deleted post]WOW, dude! You really must hate this phone! Calm down! It's just a phone! It will be outdated two years later and something new will come out! Go get a life, dude! you are Pathetic!

• 2011-05-12 04:46
  • j012

To all people who was desprated waiting for this phone. If you want to have this phone to maintain its quality and performance, please do not rush them (Samsung) too hard. Normally for for Asian people tend to ignore the quality once it come to quantity, they will rush to fulfill the demand of customer and will ignore the quality of their product.

• 2011-05-12 04:39
  • 2ICy
Total of 23928 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.