Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

My nokia 6630 was 399GBP in 2004 and my sgs2 was 399GBP in 2011 so its super price.

• 2011-05-09 16:27
  • mX73

damnn 850$ in swedan , its way to expensive .I think sony ericsson xperia arc wpuld be the best deal after this .SGS2 is god but if it would have been like 650 or 700 $ then i would have given it a thought. In india it will be of 39,990 i have confermed :(

• 2011-05-09 16:20
  • vGUU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 08:58 from 3Jgr - click to readApple is not doing good, they didn't even release iPhone 4 in India
and I have the iPod touch plus the samsung wave with s-amoled
ANd I find iPods retina screen less soothing than the amoled

• 2011-05-09 15:59
  • PUhn

The resolution of the screen is 960x540 not 800x480

• 2011-05-09 15:52
  • i84u

A Korean power blogger posted 9 things I hate with Galaxy S2. He said it is such a rubbish.
The things he hated are:

- Dull display
- Design your grandfather would like
- Auto reset
etc.

• 2011-05-09 15:46
  • MZb%

Funny thing about screen, iphone 4 and galaxy s 2 uses same screen specs, both phone's screens produced by samsung...

• 2011-05-09 15:16
  • MVVB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 08:58 from 3Jgr - click to readiphone 4 can't play 1080p! i own one lol

• 2011-05-09 15:06
  • xii%

Got the headset last week, its kickass!

The battery is excellent, the screen is brilliant, and its ultra fast and responsive.

Watching movies is a pleasure, surfing the net is a joy, and playing games is very graphically impressive.

The camera is the best there is (i had samsung omnia HD I8910 beforehand).

I compared the phone to Iphone 4 yesterday, and its just so much better - INCOMPARABLE.

HIGHLY RECOMEMDED

• 2011-05-09 14:47
  • MF{g

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 08:58 from 3Jgr - click to readthat's amazing, you are able to buy a phone that's haven't been mass produced, used it, and then returned it. Did you at least made a phone call with the imaginary phone?

• 2011-05-09 14:16
  • KirL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 12:13 from 3Jgr - click to readYea ok, dude owns both the iPhone4 and the SGS2... ok, sure w/e.

Look the iPhone4 display, with it's incredible 800:1 contrast ratio, just can't be compared with the SGS2's sAmoled+ display. Period. (And you can hold on thight to your beloved PPI as long as you want, it barely make any difference to the human eye...)

Hell, I only have a 3.3 sAmoled screen right now and all the iPhone4 users around me are just blown away by it... lol. Wait until Apple release the next iPhone with a sAmoled screen and all the iFans are gonna swear it's the best thing ever. ;)

• 2011-05-09 14:14
  • QyBr

> In reply to IICRASHII @ 2011-05-09 13:47 from mGCb - click to readoops forgot to discuss whether the phone heats up. With Wifi on there is some heat but nothing major. It mostly gets warm when charging but this is perfectly normal. Some peeps have been implying that its gets so hot ur face melts but this is complete BS, trust me. Components in any electronic device get warm, especially those with batteries and processors.Think of it like a mini computer, all computers generate heat and manufacturers keep the heat at bay by using fans or small heat sinks.

• 2011-05-09 14:06
  • 0CD}

> In reply to IICRASHII @ 2011-05-09 13:47 from mGCb - click to readIn terms of battery performance it depends, on mine I have live screen saver, push email constantly on (a big battery drainer) all the time, however brightness at the lowest setting and it lasts 2 days with moderate use when using internet, music and phone calls. I know from owning previous phones that if I turn off push email the battery will last longer as the internet connection is always on ready to push new emails to u. I haven't had a single crash yet. Some people will always bang on about battery life but I can assure you that considering the power of the phone Samsung did a great job here. Maybe u should wait until GSM review it for the full picture if u are still unsure.

• 2011-05-09 14:01
  • 0CD}

A truly excellent handset and a step in the right direction for Android in general. All we need now is the Android App store to fully rival that of Apple's. In theory if more people begin to switch from Apple to Android then network effects should begin in time to turn delelopers in our favour. Buy it!! You really wont be disappointed.

• 2011-05-09 13:57
  • 3WeV

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-09 13:19 from 0CD} - click to readbut there is no 100% complete system there must be something bad always .... umm tell me what about the battery dose it run out fast like my nokia N900 ?! and what about the phone temp? does it get hot when u use it for long hours ? and does it crash sometimes in some sites?! (sorry for all that questions but it will be my first samsung and i want it 2 be perfect) :P

• 2011-05-09 13:47
  • mGCb

i like this because that is very fantastic thhis is my phone

• 2011-05-09 13:42
  • 3Se}

Will i get the voice talk applicaion in my Samsung galaxy S@ when it will b launched in INDIA....???? plzzz guys help....

• 2011-05-09 13:37
  • vbRH

Mine had a stuck pixel, I sent it back. It's a rubbish phone, the screen is overrated. Others I now have returned theirs due to faulty pixels, the phone getting too hot, crashing and for being too big. Camera sticks out & gets scratched. What a let down.

• 2011-05-09 13:33
  • nUac

> In reply to IICRASHII @ 2011-05-09 12:49 from mGCb - click to readI've had the phone for about a week now and I honestly can't find any faults with it. I did mention in an earlier post that the phone is quite wide so anyone with small hands may need to use two instead of one but that's the price of having a large screen I guess. Everything just works in this phone its as simple as that which which is why most of the reviews are crazy about it. Some people think its expensive but for the performance u get I think its very good value even sim free.

• 2011-05-09 13:19
  • 0CD}

> In reply to xxmuaddib @ 2011-05-09 00:27 from M}FX - click to readNo difference..so u dont buy it..cancel the process..

• 2011-05-09 13:18
  • nx7v

> In reply to [deleted post]May

• 2011-05-09 13:03
  • SsyU
Total of 23756 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.