Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

The s/e arc is a nice bit of kit but as ive said below its the screen and concert hall settings plus good battery and lightweight body that make me buy sgs 2.

I was going for xperia pro with liking of real buttons but sgs 2 just blew me away ..Its surprising how many good reports the LG optimus 2x is also getting.The 2x has bad visisbilty tho in reports tho but it is still a top smartfone.

I have opened up a you tube account and uploaded a video but its just stuck for 24hrs saying uploaded 100% and thats it.No preview or anything :-( .

• 2011-05-10 21:58

hater gonna hate period.
I am gonna say samsung phone is quite durable I have dropped my omnia countless time and there is only tiny dents and such.

Cant wait for this to arrive in North America.

• 2011-05-10 21:54
  • R4Rq

> In reply to anaheim @ 2011-05-10 10:33 from mT@p - click to readMany Americans don't think well of Apple, many Japanese don't think well of SE. It's just natural.

You obviously never bought any Samsung products... They don't have problem with durability. 5 months? lol you're trying too hard. Learn to troll better.

• 2011-05-10 21:10
  • qbYL

I do admit i am a failure at putting on these screen protectors.My sister came to me as the geek in the family to put one on her htc wildfire but cant.I have tried these things in the past but still get bubbles or put it on wonky or mess it up.Do i have one on sgs or sgs 2,,,NO they do not need it.

If i had a say on camfones and all i wanted is a fone with cam then Nokia N8 it is.It has the xenon which is the most largest on a mobile here in UK and has all the optics its a marvell.So why the sgs ,sammy bada wave and sgs 2,,

Screen colour and concert hall setting is the 2 biggest reasons.

• 2011-05-10 20:26
  • mX73

This is the first sgs over at ifixit.they are using magnesium core.Just need to wait for sgs 2 teardown.Heres link scroll down to warning part near bottom.

• 2011-05-10 20:03
  • mX73

> In reply to Opa @ 2011-05-10 16:57 from M4t@ - click to readthe Russian guy who made the review is known to be a SE hater, i got a SGS2 and compared it to my bro arc and beleive me the SGS2 is better in all aspect than the arc except for the camera, design & the material... lets be honest i didn't see the diff as he made in his review, i hope gsmarena will lunch an objective review re this issue.

• 2011-05-10 19:35
  • 9yqX

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-05-10 03:36 from Y9jD - click to readTotally agreed FURY, I really want this phone, but I'm not willing to pay more than $700, some sellers in ebay has the 16GB at $882 which I consider is too expensive yet, it happend to me with my Nokia N8, I paid more than $600 and a couple of weeks later, was sold in amazon for $445 in the black friday week, so I rather to wait a little bit more.

• 2011-05-10 18:22
  • b$LF

this handset is jst superb acording to featurewise bt whn is it comin to INDIA?wht wil be its price?more importnat is that why samsung is not releasin its standby and talktime??any idea?

• 2011-05-10 17:53
  • utg6

Woow... that's imagine phone and the programes inside what all i need it, but the style like iphone 4G and the back not hot color than price so high. Although i love it ;-))

• 2011-05-10 17:47
  • IT4}

> In reply to ansfido @ 2011-05-10 09:22 from 2ICy - click to readin holland a KIA car gets 7 years warranty
(hyundai 5) you don't get the best waranty in the WORLD for a bad product i think. do you??

• 2011-05-10 17:38
  • n$hG

> In reply to knightrain @ 2011-05-10 09:37 from vxAe - click to readIf it's not good enough for you, then why keep on buying it?

• 2011-05-10 17:29
  • t7PM

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-10 10:00 from vG{n - click to readCheck pictures quality of SGS 2 and you will see witch is better, SE Arc can't come close to SGS 2

• 2011-05-10 16:57
  • M4t@

> In reply to [deleted post]Sony Ericsson phones are made in china not japan. There are only a few phones that SE made in japan but sell only in japanese market. In my opinion, korea phones are better than china made.

• 2011-05-10 15:55
  • PUsP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-10 13:54 from PS6t - click to readAgreed mate well said. I have the original Galaxy S & it's great. Yeah it's made of plastic so what. It is still well built & is not going to fall apart. Having metal will bump up the price anyway & Samsung have concentrated on what's inside. The back cover may be thin but when it's clicked on the back it is tight. So yes shut up goto the phone section you like

• 2011-05-10 15:42
  • 3J03

I love samsung I dnt care what iphone or se fans says abt sammy.samsung is no 1 and will b no 1 ever

• 2011-05-10 14:30
  • U@ef

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-10 10:00 from vG{n - click to readRonald used 2 B 100% SGSII, & now either can't pay or won't pay! "His" comment now R taunts. This cash crisis ENVY started when he commented that the SENSATION is superior 2 the SGSII, and now almost daily pops some more flagrant than others. Innovation not when comments R not your own, COPYING! & a near perfect bad comment U can see the joins. Fyi Sensation is due out this month, so find the phone U intend 2 buy & if U can buy it. Anyone who read these columns daily as I do can see that U have little 2 say & none of it your own. If U can't even cobble together this feeble attempt at a question would U even understand the answer? Put up or.....

• 2011-05-10 14:21
  • Tr8a

agreed with it...

personally i dont have bitter experience againts any brand, only one maybe, to SE but i think there;s a defect on the product that my sister bought... so no problem.

btw i will get this phone on 1 week:D rejoice!

• 2011-05-10 14:17
  • 44rQ

this thing is awesome....just check it out in hands then comlain me anything like plastic body n all....if any body hates plastic thing then go buy an irom metal cover...hehe but this thing is more than awesome....TOTALLY IMPRESSED..

• 2011-05-10 14:10
  • bxep

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-10 13:44 from mTWB - click to readyes,totally agree^^

• 2011-05-10 13:58
  • PS6t

why so many ppl hate samsung?if u think this product doesn't suite u then don't buy it.its simple.stop arguing about the plastic material or whatever design of the sgs2,even if u win the argument in this forum but in reality u gain nothing.so what's the point of arguing about it. if u are a iphone fanboy or se fanboy read this comment and pls stop complaining at this forum coz i don't think u would buy this phone either.so goodbye.

• 2011-05-10 13:54
  • PS6t
Total of 23828 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.