Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

The yet to be released Iphone 5 will have an AMOLED screen with in plane switching (IPS). That's combining Lg technology (IPS) and samsung's AMOLED. That screen is gonna be great but on the other hand samsung is in the awkward position of providing its own Technology to its Competitors. Currently samsung produces 3 million AMOLED screens per month which is way below the demand. That's why there'll be a galaxy s ii variant using SC LCD. A plant is being put up and it will be completed by July 2011, which will increase the AMOLED screens from 3 million to 30 million. Now that's good news in my opinion.

• 2011-05-12 17:54
  • fu$W

i am day dreaming about GS2
come on now

• 2011-05-12 17:03
  • Y}5j

Haha! It's been overclocked to 1.5 GHz. The hackers needs to do that because Android lags even on 1.2 GHz dualcore. No thanks. I'll stick to my N8 until Nokia does dual cores and when they do it, they will do it right unlike Samsung.

• 2011-05-12 16:50
  • kJX3

> In reply to [deleted post]what may be the cost??
2000$ ???

• 2011-05-12 15:15
  • tUcQ

> In reply to [deleted post]Dude, thoes here commenting here don't care about iPhone, otherwise the wouldn't have bought Galaxy S at the first place. So go wait for your precious iPhone 5 leave us alone.

• 2011-05-12 15:13
  • pX9p

> In reply to [deleted post]just wait and watch :) :)

• 2011-05-12 15:09
  • tUcQ

Those who are using this phone please answer..
1.does this phone freezes on multitasking?
2. Does it have office document viewer and editor pre installed?
3. Is copy paste can be done easily?
4. Does it support JAVA application?
5. Does it have built in sterio speaker?

• 2011-05-12 15:06
  • s82q

Samsung Galaxy S was voted the best phone in 2010 and it will continue to be the best with the Galaxy S2. Trolling and bad mouthing a product is not going to help you in any way as the marketing and the constant good reviews will persuade the people to buy the product. I love my Galaxy S2 and will be overclocking it to 1.5ghz this evening.

• 2011-05-12 14:17
  • NaDP

I am going to be in heathrow airport on a stop over. Is there a store in the airport to buy the galaxy 2? or maybe close to the aireport? this q is for uk people. Thanks.

• 2011-05-12 14:03
  • 0@2x

hello i have a question (why Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II ?)

• 2011-05-12 12:55
  • 3SeW

> In reply to mark2jag @ 2011-05-12 08:54 from SgvH - click to readI'm assuming you've tried putting in the international dialing codes as full digits and the + method...ie: for ireland its either 00353... or +353... If this doesn't work why not download an app that allows you to send them through your online account with your international provider as most providers give you up to 500 free online txts. Btw, I'm from the Republic of Ireland and I've no bother with msgs, just make sure you're imported contacts have the correct extension

• 2011-05-12 12:09
  • myi4

> In reply to samy s2 @ 2011-05-12 11:16 from 95Hj - click to readGive us some sort of evidence to believe you or go and cry to your mama about the back cover.

• 2011-05-12 11:54
  • bJgX

> In reply to [deleted post]Dude, GSM Arena's reviews are something else! They are the only site that put a thorough review of every aspect of the phone and they are not biased like lots of other sites out there (engadget) I hate them. When I was reading their review of N8, in the first paragraph that good-for-nothing Chris wrote "forgettable 5800 and N97" well, maybe N97 was for forgettable but 5800 weren't, isn't, and won't. The goddamn phone sold 15 million worldwide. How the hell is 5800 forgettable?! I hate them. They are on Apple payroll!

GSM FTW! I should choose between this and N8 soon. I still don't know that android 2.3 support my native language (Persian) or not (N8 does)! :(

• 2011-05-12 11:34
  • pX9p

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-12 11:09 from vGxT - click to readU mean DIM! Better than U 4 sure OK

• 2011-05-12 11:24
  • Tr8a

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-11 12:28 from mX73 - click to readI had a chance to look at your fake video, nice job I have to say,
my friend tried the same think (much less force) and he could never put the back inplace,
how long you spend to make this fake video?

• 2011-05-12 11:16
  • 95Hj

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-12 10:00 from 0CD} - click to readI just want to know from the review that how this phone camera perform in low light and dark night as campared to new sony ericsion expria series which has Exmor sensors for good low light pictures and videos.

• 2011-05-12 11:09
  • vGxT

i love this phone very much....

• 2011-05-12 10:48
  • tYZq

does the number of supported apps for a android phone depends on the type of resolution it has (i.e. 240x340,
340x480,
Or
480x800

I want to buy a budget android phone which has most supported apps
Reply immediately

• 2011-05-12 10:21
  • uCrU

Hi All,

Does this phone has free GPS like how Nokia provides life time free OVI Maps? Can soomebody please comment?

Thank you.

• 2011-05-12 10:12
  • b%L6

Impression from my Galaxy S which I bought some time ago, I believe this will be really dream phone in current market. If I am not owning Galaxy S this will be my phone.

• 2011-05-12 10:10
  • mKY4
Total of 23966 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.