Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-11 12:28 from mX73 - click to readwasn't expecting a silly respond like this!! it made me laough!! :-)
I meant its so thin and flimsy and cheap that with little force (even taking it out) will change its forms, while its being handled!

people ask how often you take the back off, that is not a point at all, the build quality of the phone which you carry every day and pay £500 for it has to be good inside and out and all over and around it,

if you don't know or understand this simple fact, you have no tast or knowledge of purchasing anything, never mind the simple mobile phone

its like saying for example I am not carrying any passanger on the back sit of my car, so it doesn't matter if the seats made of plastic sheet or wood,

I don't care how the engine is been put in place in my car, and the built quality around it doesn't matter!

let me make it simple for you, its like buying a Ferrari and put a KIA interior in it!! do i make sence? or you are still dreaming? take your rosy glasses off and look at the reality!!

I have no problem with the technology inside of S2, but outside is a joke, specially the back cover,it looks like a cheap end of smart phones and not a high end
good luck dreaming mate!

• 2011-05-11 13:34
  • 95Hj

Can It read a pdf file of 150mb?

• 2011-05-11 13:33
  • ut%Z

> In reply to The 4400 @ 2011-05-11 12:44 from Tr8a - click to readMaybe you have detective qualities.

The thing is i have the fone and dont think about the back cause i am looking at the front of sgs2.I am trying to tell of my findings and will report any errors.I dont like it when folk say untruths and it can put folk off the handset when its not true.

The sgs2 is a lot of money and i got mine for 400GBP and folk need to make the right decision.All folk can do and me also is read reviews and other peoples comments.The only other way is to buy the fone which is not exactly the good option.

I look forward to gsmarena review.

Just doing video and fotos i would give fotos 7/10 and video 9/10.The best fotos from a mobile fone in my life are the s/e k750/k800i/w900i and nokias n95 and n86.The sammy d900/g600/i8510 were also nice and clear

I never got to try the moto ZN5 cause it was on contract but that is suppossed to be another good camfone.I look at a foto or print 6x4 and look if its nice and clear.I dont go blowing it up and checking if colours are precise .I look for non bluryness and good contrast.

• 2011-05-11 13:25
  • mX73

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-11 11:48 from mX73 - click to readI don't know how or why I seem 2 spot trouble. samy s2 is the worst so far. I read April 12th reply 2 this ? Whatever. Hopefully U saw it also, now he posts 2 U. 8 I/Ds & same rant what does that tell U

• 2011-05-11 12:44
  • Tr8a

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-11 12:28 from mX73 - click to readgreat one philm. Hay you Samsung haters, can you bend your iPhone or N8 battery cover like this???lolzzz..

• 2011-05-11 12:37
  • iwpJ

Hay Sammy, I want GALAXY S III with following specs.

Name : Samsung GALAXY S III (aka GALAXY EXTREME).
Screen : Super AMOLED Plus 540 x 960 (QHD) pixels, 4.3 inches (3D if possible).
Memory : 64GB~128GB (2GB dual channel RAM, 4GB ROM).
Bluetooth : v3.0
USB : v3.0
Primary Camera : 16MP, auto-focus, xenon flash + all other camera features.
Secondary Camera : 3.2MP ~ 5MP.
Video : 1080p@60fps.
OS : Latest Android.
CPU : Quad-core 2.0GHz, latest GeForce GPU and Tegra chipset.
High performance battery + all other standard features which SGS II currently has.

So who want one of this other than me? lol. Im hopping Samsung will come up with something similar to this soon. Do you Samsung??

• 2011-05-11 12:31
  • iwpJ

> In reply to samy s2 @ 2011-05-11 11:50 from 95Hj - click to readDo you mean bend it like this,watch this video

Now do you feel stupid trying to troll the sgs 2.Ha most sane people just put the back on their fones dont go around bending it.If you bend other fone backs they snap or buckle.

• 2011-05-11 12:28
  • mX73

> In reply to samy s2 @ 2011-05-11 11:50 from 95Hj - click to readWhy would i bend the back for??

• 2011-05-11 12:23
  • mX73

> In reply to samy s2 @ 2011-05-11 11:50 from 95Hj - click to readif you dont want this phone, please go and get what you want dude.. just dont underestimate this phone.

• 2011-05-11 12:02
  • iwpJ

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-10 08:13 from mX73 - click to readhave you explore the thin cheap plastic back?
when you take it out, make sure it doesn't bend , because then you can't fit it back in place
what a joke this plastic back is!
and they want £500 for this?

• 2011-05-11 11:50
  • 95Hj

> In reply to Sun @ 2011-05-11 10:29 from Mtyp - click to readI had wave throughout summer last year and it was just another top phone.The only problem was no decent twitter client and ended up using Snaptu which is a very good application,,especially as its only Java.

I cant wait till more people get the fone.They have stopped selling it on prepay at o2 stores as the quota has run out and the rest of stock is for contract.

I am going to start the battery test in next hour.

I hate this in Android,,when you go to taskiller there is always tonnes of stuff open.So you kill all tasks and exit taskiller.If you go back to taskiller a load of apps and stuff is open again.

• 2011-05-11 11:48
  • mX73

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-11 06:03 from mX73 - click to readthanks for the info.really appreciated....did s2 can last up to 2 day for light usage-call-sms- as being claims bu other user..5 nours wifi download.......hmmm..it pretty strong enough with me......what do u think my friend.......?

• 2011-05-11 10:47
  • PS6j

For User Manual, pls check this link...

• 2011-05-11 10:31
  • w7id

Since Galaxy 2 battery life looks to be pretty much the same as with the first Galaxy I'm looking for alternatives when I'm gonna buy the phone.....Has enyone used a Mugen battery? It claims to improve battery life with 50% with it's 3200Mah capacity! It thichens up the phone a bit but i guess it's an acceptable price to pay for not looking constantly at the battery indicator! So....what do you think?

• 2011-05-11 10:29
  • Mtyp

I'm getting mine in 2 days, all the utube vids of this phone are great, super fast, screen is amazing. can't wait. Sad to be getting rid of the samsung wave as it has been a super fone but can't pass up this monster.

• 2011-05-11 10:25
  • TSBb

> In reply to Kef @ 2011-05-11 08:28 from 2@TM - click to readYEs it has notification flash for that u just have to download the app from market :)

• 2011-05-11 09:23
  • vGyV

> In reply to gadget enthusiast @ 2011-05-10 23:36 from HxdF - click to readI hope the price comes down to 26-2700 AED.
It is selling in India for 32000 Rupees on eBay.in , which amounts to 2450 AED.
Surprisingly electronics are more expensive here in Dubai.
There is a shop in Diera that gives good prices along with Axiom Warranty though.
Will wait till he gets it.
Lemme know if u find a good deal on this mobile.

• 2011-05-11 09:21
  • Hxe2

Does this great phone has notification flash like all htc phones and nokia phones have ?
Is there any other brand has that feature( )
It is bothering me to press the button to check if there is a miss(call,message,etc.)
Thanks.

• 2011-05-11 09:00
  • 3Isc

Does this great phone has notification flash like all htc phones have ?
Is there any other brand has that feature( acer metal?)
Thanks.

• 2011-05-11 08:28
  • 2@TM

I also think power saving mode uses more battery.I had this on samsung i8510 and it was best to avaoid it.I am not 100% sure yet but when i have activated power saving mode and set it at 10% to switch off all the possible items and put screen at 30%.

• 2011-05-11 08:02
  • mX73
Total of 23879 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.