Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Nokia will remain the best in quality construction and materials! This Chinese box with poor materials (look for the back cover) and the battery that you 5 hours. Size, they make you wear a bag - comes summer-shorts have room for this box!

• 2011-05-05 10:16
  • n3xX
  • F

> In reply to [deleted post]It is not available in UAE markets. you can contact 800 samsung

• 2011-05-05 10:12
  • mT$T

> In reply to [deleted post]hi

• 2011-05-05 10:10
  • mT$T

> In reply to Vijay @ 2011-05-04 12:00 from t@50 - click to readyes dude this phone is very very class buy now

• 2011-05-05 09:35
  • u1DY

At the MWC launch,Face Recognition Unlock was included. Is this still present, as I have not seen any mention in recent reviews? Thanks.

• 2011-05-05 09:13
  • nGRK

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-05-05 06:11 from Y9jD - click to readAs much as I prefer having the Exynos over the Tegra, The tegra 3 would way out do the Exynos. Lol. I doubt it, but it is a nice dream :) I just hope, and I do believe, tat we are luckily getting a SAmoled Plus and Exynos rather thatn SLCD and Tegra2.

• 2011-05-05 08:19
  • FJqH

Ordered mine today.. will be arriving Monday/Tuesday.. cant wait!!

• 2011-05-05 07:36
  • sEVm

> In reply to Goldest @ 2011-05-04 09:24 from vw6h - click to readThat is for North America ...
Just Curious Anyone Fathom what the two Events Samsung is having this month in New York is about..
Do you think this phone will be in the discussion mainly the North American Version..Could it be that Samsung is giving the N.A. SGSII the Tegra3 Kal-el Quadcore Chip.. I mean the end of June would be close to the projected release date of that chip(I know I know I am dreaming but that is all I have right now)

• 2011-05-05 06:11
  • Y9jD

The Galaxy S2 is one of the stupid-phone in the World. Usally The Samsung spread to their money for an exaggerative advertisement. They use electronic components in the Galaxy S2 so that stupid-phone has lots of equipment-faults. In Korea there are lot's of communication blog about consumer's discussion. there is Lot's of Q&A about the Galaxy S2's faults in every 7 or 9 min. First of all it's miss-design. This phone has a plenty of bugs. Do you really want to buy a hot water pack. The Galaxy S2 can help your hand at cold winter because it generates heat every 20 min.

• 2011-05-05 05:01
  • RQct

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-05 01:00 from 0CD} - click to readWill give you some detail tommorrow,it has o2 splash screen whilst powering off and o2 arena screensaver.I will put another sim in as well to see if its locked.

A 16gb class 10 for that price i must get one.My Sandisk 32gb is class 2 and slow.I have a kingston 16gb class 4 and thats slower than 32gb class 2??

• 2011-05-05 02:23
  • nG3@

Today I received the phone from O2.

The first thing I noticed is the display.
I could see the band of colours everywhere in the phone.
It looked as if the phone has got only 65k colors rather than 16 million colors.

I could clearly see the band of colors in the images like sky, 3d cartoons etc. Even the default wallpaper in the galaxy s2 shows the band of colors.

It is pretty disgusting to see the high quality images!

I am so pissed off..
Is it just me or everyone got the same problem? or Is there any settings or update to change this?

Please reply immediately! I have to decide wheather to keep it or return it!

• 2011-05-05 01:27
  • 3JaL

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-05 00:19 from nG3@ - click to readGood choice with the case by the way the stand will be handy, i got myself a hydro gel one from Amazon and a screen protector. Weird thing is its just too slim and could do with a bit more bulk at the back but the case should sort it out. Ordered PNY 16GB class 10 card from play dot com as was only £17.99 bargain. Agree the back cover is a sod to get on, u end up having to push each part of the cover clips in to close up any gaps not great but hopefully they will sell better back covers later and not looking to take it off too much anyway.Curious is yours heavily branded with 02?

• 2011-05-05 01:00
  • 0CD}

> In reply to SOLID SNAKE @ 2011-05-04 23:57 from q{m8 - click to readExpansys says 32gb not out yet.I cannot find any info from my usual sources.I wonder if 32gb version may just be sim free cause i cannot see any carriers taking it on.

• 2011-05-05 00:23
  • nG3@

Heres link to what case i am buying.

• 2011-05-05 00:19
  • nG3@

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-04 23:51 from 0CD} - click to readRight had a 10 minute play with it.It so slim and light as you say.The original sgs has a little delay probably milliseconds,the sgs 2 is instant.I am not a big gamer but angry birds for a few minutes seems fluent as silk.i have tried one song using my beloved concert hall setting and just pure gold with Wolfson DSP chip.

Screen is sharper to me and yellows seem more yellower.Did a quick quadrant score and got 3011 and its back on charge till morning.I knew i could not resist.

Going to get set up tommorrow but feels like i need to get back into things.I had sgs for 6months and built up my settings and apps to my liking,,i need to do this with sgs 2.

I had bit of trouble with back cover but got hang of it now

..I have my 32gb card ready for tommorow and have formatted it for a nice fresh clean start.It is a beautifull device.

I have been to amazon but not ordered yet a case,i am getting one with a built in stand.it will make the device a bit thicker also.I will get you a link.

• 2011-05-05 00:18
  • nG3@

Can anyone please verify if they have seen or heard of a 32GB version available anywhere in the world? Thanks in advance

• 2011-05-04 23:57
  • q{m8

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-04 19:28 from nG3@ - click to readI still can't get my head around how thin it is too, its like sammy were on a mission to shave off any bumps they could! Its wide too so for those with small hands it could be difficult to reach the bottom controls with ur thumb. Weight wise u get used to it, most of us have had phones that are considerably heavier than this so it feels like a feather at 1st. Thought that sound quality through headphones is great but forget enabling 5.1 effect as it tends to make it sound worse. Tried a few demos of games like assassins creed and it turns out the phone is perfect again due to the size, speed and the quality screen so zero complaints there. Haven't seen any accessories or cases for it in any shops yet as its so new so best bet is online. Overall a big thumbs up.

• 2011-05-04 23:51
  • 0CD}

Hi Guys , Any one know when SGS2 comes to Dublin??

Thanks

• 2011-05-04 23:49
  • sw{C

> In reply to DA @ 2011-05-04 15:43 from uttw - click to readthe case must have been that it must b availabe in that store on 2nd june...i'm from indore n they said it'l be available in one of the official samsung shoppes within 2 weeks, before may 20th...so just check out bhopal's best official samsung showroom and ask them :)

• 2011-05-04 23:48
  • vGxu

Another score for the gadget god, Samsung
No other company does their products from ground up almost using parts made by them

CPU Samsung S5PV310 Exynos 4210
Battery Samsung,
;)

• 2011-05-04 23:29
  • vGxM
Total of 23550 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.