Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I'm getting mine in 2 days, all the utube vids of this phone are great, super fast, screen is amazing. can't wait. Sad to be getting rid of the samsung wave as it has been a super fone but can't pass up this monster.

• 2011-05-11 10:25
  • TSBb

> In reply to Kef @ 2011-05-11 08:28 from 2@TM - click to readYEs it has notification flash for that u just have to download the app from market :)

• 2011-05-11 09:23
  • vGyV

> In reply to gadget enthusiast @ 2011-05-10 23:36 from HxdF - click to readI hope the price comes down to 26-2700 AED.
It is selling in India for 32000 Rupees on eBay.in , which amounts to 2450 AED.
Surprisingly electronics are more expensive here in Dubai.
There is a shop in Diera that gives good prices along with Axiom Warranty though.
Will wait till he gets it.
Lemme know if u find a good deal on this mobile.

• 2011-05-11 09:21
  • Hxe2

Does this great phone has notification flash like all htc phones and nokia phones have ?
Is there any other brand has that feature( )
It is bothering me to press the button to check if there is a miss(call,message,etc.)
Thanks.

• 2011-05-11 09:00
  • 3Isc

Does this great phone has notification flash like all htc phones have ?
Is there any other brand has that feature( acer metal?)
Thanks.

• 2011-05-11 08:28
  • 2@TM

I also think power saving mode uses more battery.I had this on samsung i8510 and it was best to avaoid it.I am not 100% sure yet but when i have activated power saving mode and set it at 10% to switch off all the possible items and put screen at 30%.

• 2011-05-11 08:02
  • mX73

The sgs 2 is very strong and if i grasp it both ends and try to twist i it rock solid.THE SGS 2 does NOT need a back cover as part of its design strentgh but obviously samsung had to put a back cover on to look nice and to stop battery falling out.

As of today i have had no crash and with my 32gb card at 25gb full the only slow down is the network speeds.Honestly all technology has steamed ahead yet network speeds since 2003 here in UK are stuck in a rudy mess.

I know uk has HSDPA but its very patchy and download speeds are variable from gprs speeds to 300kb/s at best.Just cause UK has hsdpa does not mean we achieve big s download or upload speeds.

Smartfones have gone from say 220MHz single core to 1.2GHz dual core and from 16MB memory cards to 32GB cards but network speeds have only increased from 52kb/s to average of 400kb/s at best.The world needs to go sattelites or wimax the whole planet. For example stop spending billions on upgrade after upgrade and just go straight to wimax.

• 2011-05-11 06:38
  • mX73

When i cant get this beast in india!?i have been waiting a long time for sick phone

• 2011-05-11 06:04
  • U@dD

> In reply to lien @ 2011-05-11 00:26 from N@Ve - click to readI did the neocore download from market and left it running till battery dead and got 5hrs 10 minutes about.I had screen set to auto with wifi connected and bluetooth on.I had twitter feeds updating every 30 minutes i think plus email.

I cannot do any old movie test because of hundreds of different codecs.The only way i can try this to be fair is to go out and record some video at 1080p then set it on repeat till fone is dead.I will do this today and video record some bits of traffic and so on give result.I will do these settings,,,

Set screen to full brightness,,bluetooth left on,,twitter set to every 10 minutes and wifi left connected, Email set to as it comes in and volume full blast through headfones.

The only other way is for you to give me the settings and you direct me to a sight to download a video to off on repeat mode.

• 2011-05-11 06:03
  • mX73

> In reply to pmacb @ 2011-05-08 19:14 from myi4 - click to readfaultless? u must be kidding cause this phone is FULL of mistakes: no 3D (this unique feature will be very useful in future, so not very futureproof), mali400 is much weaker than powerVR 543 (not gonna get into specifics, just look that up) but even iphone 5's dual-core 543 will be more powerful than this mali, and their same cheap plastic that is now thinner with larger surface area makes it more breakable than ever

• 2011-05-11 05:24
  • 4Axr

i dream about this phone daily .

• 2011-05-11 03:09
  • vG1F

> In reply to [deleted post]no not yet :(
it will be available on Jun :)

so just wait a little bit ;)

• 2011-05-11 00:33
  • 3Y10

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-10 08:13 from mX73 - click to readcan you give a review about battery lasting...how long it will stand when watch movie..
thanks

• 2011-05-11 00:26
  • N@Ve

> In reply to [deleted post]no not yet

it will be available early JUN :(

so just wait a little bit more :D

• 2011-05-11 00:14
  • 3Y10

> In reply to shashank @ 2011-05-10 12:42 from Hxei - click to readYes, I've been checking souq.com and yesterday one seller with 100% feedback sold 10 units, all for 3500. Now the lowest price on Souq.com is 3299 for U.K variant. I'm still waiting for official UAE version with warranty. I don't wanna ship my phone to U.K if anything goes wrong.Today again I spoke to Samsung and this time a guy picked up and said lots of people are calling for SG2, but it's been delayed by marketing department. lol

• 2011-05-10 23:36
  • HxdF

> In reply to joncow75 @ 2011-05-10 22:14 from 0Fji - click to readI got my first BB in november last year it was 9105 and did the lot with ease and good battery.I also got bold 9780 but found it not as good personally.The BB did Twitter/email/mp3 playback, goodish snaps and not bad video BUT i missed my things i like in a smartfone.I paid the 5GBP per month BIS and security was paramount.I prefer a d-pad not the touchpad.

• 2011-05-10 22:28
  • mX73

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-07 23:48 from gDky - click to readI find I have to refresh the emails rather than see them come up constantly like my BB did. Also with BB there is the option to delete on handset or delete on server. So far i've only worked out that you can set the SGS II to have all emails either delete on handset or server - not the choice per email. It might be there just not got to it yet, however that made the BB more user friendly and practical to me for email. Would prob stick to the Bold if it was for a business phone (unfortunately I have a Nokia E71 as my business phone through work)As my SGS II is my personal phone its less of an issue

• 2011-05-10 22:14
  • 0Fji

The s/e arc is a nice bit of kit but as ive said below its the screen and concert hall settings plus good battery and lightweight body that make me buy sgs 2.

I was going for xperia pro with liking of real buttons but sgs 2 just blew me away ..Its surprising how many good reports the LG optimus 2x is also getting.The 2x has bad visisbilty tho in reports tho but it is still a top smartfone.

I have opened up a you tube account and uploaded a video but its just stuck for 24hrs saying uploaded 100% and thats it.No preview or anything :-( .

• 2011-05-10 21:58

hater gonna hate period.
I am gonna say samsung phone is quite durable I have dropped my omnia countless time and there is only tiny dents and such.

Cant wait for this to arrive in North America.

• 2011-05-10 21:54
  • R4Rq

> In reply to anaheim @ 2011-05-10 10:33 from mT@p - click to readMany Americans don't think well of Apple, many Japanese don't think well of SE. It's just natural.

You obviously never bought any Samsung products... They don't have problem with durability. 5 months? lol you're trying too hard. Learn to troll better.

• 2011-05-10 21:10
  • qbYL
Total of 23865 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.