Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Im ready for this bad boy!! Although I love my HTC Desire :) it really does everythig I want. *Genuine ex-iPhone 4 user.

• 2011-05-09 19:59
  • vCAb

y all people talking like they own the actual company (samsung), am tell ya ,iphone 4 if you go to youtube and play 1080hd. (by the way it does play) maybe the SGS2 i had was faulty. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IT ITS UP TO YOU ALL. ( U CAN GO TO THE SHOP AND COMPaiR IT BY YOUR SELF) . and i was asking originally did any one experience that .
retina display is 320 pix while SAMoLED is 200 pix .so its sharper.

• 2011-05-09 19:52
  • 3Jgr

> In reply to Hover @ 2011-02-26 04:00 from myP3 - click to read@ sammy s2 as he is now check out what he posted then

and from my penultimate post

"I had to search back cover 2 find out if any other criticism made. who r u? how many names are you going to post under? all trashing this phone this just a search of the words plastic and back cover showed up. this guy sorry these guys is/r just here 2 provoke
sammy s2
Supperman
Hover
gala baby
samy
Super galaxy
Galaxy S2
Rador

Whatever you say you don't seem to be able to express yourself well, more incoherent.
check out my favorite video of all time! just posted today by pritesh thanks pritesh.

My view are this as much as you keep promising to buy another phone you never will why you haven't used another moniker except SAMSUNG, even this phone is beyond you limits you will be window shopping NEVER BUYING never ever buying just making utterings.

This phone is extremely expensive and I think that Samsung have included functions you will definitely NOT need in my opinion based on 8 i/d & your comments.

Things I think you whoever you are today won't need

Conference call: for obvious reasons and similarly
call waiting:
3g video call:
Camera function self timer:*
GPS*
(* just 4U hint is at least one person)

also you may find that your "favourite contacts" and voice mail number BOTH connect you to voice mail.

This is my final response to you but to clarify, the date today is MAY 9th, I post under the name of April 12th, I thought I had better explain it just in case you had to be somewhere special and you know, well actually you don't.

• 2011-05-09 19:19
  • IaHa

There is no such thing as a phone PDA android system which is all things to all men , seek and find what suits you, the simpler the better, life is already over complicated these technologies are running our lifes and in most case keep us from what is important.

A human more holistic communication is a better way technologies speed things up not always for the good. What happened to the Okie pokie.

• 2011-05-09 17:44
  • m5Cy

> In reply to [deleted post]LCDs are definately brighter but only an AMOLED can be truly darker. Colors explode on the AMOLED and have the richest blacks.

• 2011-05-09 17:05
  • RKky

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 15:46 from MZb% - click to readI'm not sure what that blogger was smoking but the display is anything but dull! If it were any brighter it would probably blind u!

• 2011-05-09 16:34
  • 0CD}

My nokia 6630 was 399GBP in 2004 and my sgs2 was 399GBP in 2011 so its super price.

• 2011-05-09 16:27
  • mX73

damnn 850$ in swedan , its way to expensive .I think sony ericsson xperia arc wpuld be the best deal after this .SGS2 is god but if it would have been like 650 or 700 $ then i would have given it a thought. In india it will be of 39,990 i have confermed :(

• 2011-05-09 16:20
  • vGUU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 08:58 from 3Jgr - click to readApple is not doing good, they didn't even release iPhone 4 in India
and I have the iPod touch plus the samsung wave with s-amoled
ANd I find iPods retina screen less soothing than the amoled

• 2011-05-09 15:59
  • PUhn

The resolution of the screen is 960x540 not 800x480

• 2011-05-09 15:52
  • i84u

A Korean power blogger posted 9 things I hate with Galaxy S2. He said it is such a rubbish.
The things he hated are:

- Dull display
- Design your grandfather would like
- Auto reset
etc.

• 2011-05-09 15:46
  • MZb%

Funny thing about screen, iphone 4 and galaxy s 2 uses same screen specs, both phone's screens produced by samsung...

• 2011-05-09 15:16
  • MVVB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 08:58 from 3Jgr - click to readiphone 4 can't play 1080p! i own one lol

• 2011-05-09 15:06
  • xii%

Got the headset last week, its kickass!

The battery is excellent, the screen is brilliant, and its ultra fast and responsive.

Watching movies is a pleasure, surfing the net is a joy, and playing games is very graphically impressive.

The camera is the best there is (i had samsung omnia HD I8910 beforehand).

I compared the phone to Iphone 4 yesterday, and its just so much better - INCOMPARABLE.

HIGHLY RECOMEMDED

• 2011-05-09 14:47
  • MF{g

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 08:58 from 3Jgr - click to readthat's amazing, you are able to buy a phone that's haven't been mass produced, used it, and then returned it. Did you at least made a phone call with the imaginary phone?

• 2011-05-09 14:16
  • KirL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 12:13 from 3Jgr - click to readYea ok, dude owns both the iPhone4 and the SGS2... ok, sure w/e.

Look the iPhone4 display, with it's incredible 800:1 contrast ratio, just can't be compared with the SGS2's sAmoled+ display. Period. (And you can hold on thight to your beloved PPI as long as you want, it barely make any difference to the human eye...)

Hell, I only have a 3.3 sAmoled screen right now and all the iPhone4 users around me are just blown away by it... lol. Wait until Apple release the next iPhone with a sAmoled screen and all the iFans are gonna swear it's the best thing ever. ;)

• 2011-05-09 14:14
  • QyBr

> In reply to IICRASHII @ 2011-05-09 13:47 from mGCb - click to readoops forgot to discuss whether the phone heats up. With Wifi on there is some heat but nothing major. It mostly gets warm when charging but this is perfectly normal. Some peeps have been implying that its gets so hot ur face melts but this is complete BS, trust me. Components in any electronic device get warm, especially those with batteries and processors.Think of it like a mini computer, all computers generate heat and manufacturers keep the heat at bay by using fans or small heat sinks.

• 2011-05-09 14:06
  • 0CD}

> In reply to IICRASHII @ 2011-05-09 13:47 from mGCb - click to readIn terms of battery performance it depends, on mine I have live screen saver, push email constantly on (a big battery drainer) all the time, however brightness at the lowest setting and it lasts 2 days with moderate use when using internet, music and phone calls. I know from owning previous phones that if I turn off push email the battery will last longer as the internet connection is always on ready to push new emails to u. I haven't had a single crash yet. Some people will always bang on about battery life but I can assure you that considering the power of the phone Samsung did a great job here. Maybe u should wait until GSM review it for the full picture if u are still unsure.

• 2011-05-09 14:01
  • 0CD}

A truly excellent handset and a step in the right direction for Android in general. All we need now is the Android App store to fully rival that of Apple's. In theory if more people begin to switch from Apple to Android then network effects should begin in time to turn delelopers in our favour. Buy it!! You really wont be disappointed.

• 2011-05-09 13:57
  • 3WeV

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-09 13:19 from 0CD} - click to readbut there is no 100% complete system there must be something bad always .... umm tell me what about the battery dose it run out fast like my nokia N900 ?! and what about the phone temp? does it get hot when u use it for long hours ? and does it crash sometimes in some sites?! (sorry for all that questions but it will be my first samsung and i want it 2 be perfect) :P

• 2011-05-09 13:47
  • mGCb
Total of 23802 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.