Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Guys check out my video review. I have also reviewed the LG Optimus 2X: http://www.youtube.com/user/th...feature=mhee

• 2011-05-13 20:57
  • 3JiZ

************Update from UAE ***********

Launching will get delayed again in UAE as per Samsung ! Now they announced that it will Reach here end of July2011 or first weak of August !

************************************************­**

• 2011-05-13 20:52
  • Tr4{

Be ready for the review from GSMARENA it is coming in just few hours :)

HELP ;(

Does anyone know the wired headphones with remote controls and mic functions working because the headphones coming with this phone does not have remote for Forward, Reverse and Volume Control.

I mostly listen music while riding bike and phone is in the pocket so with out remote i cant stop/play or roeward/reverse or control volume of my songs.

THANX

• 2011-05-13 20:20
  • vGyM

> In reply to iNXT @ 2011-05-13 19:15 from 3LAE - click to readI would definitely get a laptop instead of a tablet but I have a galaxy s and it is amazing. If you want to check your mail or browse the internet the quickest way is your smartphone. it is most helpful when your out.

• 2011-05-13 20:09
  • fn$e

Right i have reported myself to get link taken down.I have just been out now with same sitution as before but with high bitrate "The office" sitcom running but i could not replicate the issue.I am now going to do the software update.

• 2011-05-13 19:43
  • mX73

> In reply to iNXT @ 2011-05-13 19:15 from 3LAE - click to readO.K. You could. You won't. Maybe. Don't know. With who? I don't. NO Thank You

• 2011-05-13 19:32
  • IaHa

Lets think about it. In the price of this, i could buy a very good laptop... And, why do i have to pay $500 if i can get the same functions on a 250-300$ device (forget lag). It is a good phone, but it's too much. Phones and tablets can never overtake laptops. Discuss, without being funny. I want to know who else thinks like me and who got answers for my thoughts. Thanks.

• 2011-05-13 19:15
  • 3LAE

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-13 11:17 from vG5G - click to readYou should get a bike dock ;)
Those are pretty nice.

• 2011-05-13 19:02
  • qbYL

> In reply to [deleted post]Thanks thats good news because my phone was not hot??I checked about 30 mins ago and did not see the info you just gave me,,thanks.

• 2011-05-13 18:59
  • mX73

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 12:34 from ix1S - click to readAssuming you aren't using any apps in the background for data like twitter, weather etc etc

• 2011-05-13 18:43
  • JCqY

> In reply to Sun @ 2011-05-13 09:18 from Mtyp - click to readYou know when I said I couldn't promise you a full GSMARENA review in an earlier post, well now I can

Today 13/05/2011
ok I cheated

• 2011-05-13 18:39
  • IaHa

Had my first warning this afternoon about heat.I took it out my pocket to check time as i was listening to music through headfones and the screen looked dim.I went into settings but it kept saying brightness must be turned to stop device getting too hot .I manage to get it about 3 quarters brightness ,,if i put it up full it jumped down to 3 quarter limit with the warning.I turned it off/on and it resolved itself and cannot get it to do it again?I tried another 40 m ins and took it out of pocket but no warning?

I am at home now with screen on full blast with bluetooth on and wifi connected and playing angry birds but no heat warning???I had it in a case in my jeans with 3g and bluetooth on and screen full blast and music on volume 11 for about 45 minutes before i went to check the time and got first heat warning..

• 2011-05-13 18:37
  • mX73

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-13 08:04 from vG5G - click to readI aplogise to evrybody, I am really really really a nice person, or the again maybe not after this but hey!

Ronald has asked questions directly of ????? who gave him short shrift

he asks this question?

"If this phone has any back-illuminated CMOS image sensor like sony ericssion new expria or iphone 4 for taken pictures in dark then we can call this great phone is PERFECT but sadly its camera is simple with led flash and 8mp, for camera department samsung has not done any innovation for this phone.

But it is very close to be perfect ;)"

Then he posts these images. Don't bother trying to figure it out ENJOY!!!
If you gonna buy a phone make sure, its got to be dual core..

• 2011-05-13 18:27
  • IaHa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 12:55 from ix1S - click to readThere is no need to condition the battery, just use it and charge it when it needs it.

• 2011-05-13 16:39
  • njNE

Don't care about this huge brick !!! What happened to the Samsung S2 Mini ? That is the one i want !!!

• 2011-05-13 16:14
  • mDQr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 12:55 from ix1S - click to readI did initial charge of 12 hrs then flatten it and fully charge it 6-10 times ..i am on 8th charge now.

• 2011-05-13 15:29
  • mX73

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 08:59 from wYLN - click to readi don agree with u... nokia is not the best...

• 2011-05-13 14:37
  • IVUv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 03:46 from IaaL - click to readNow isn't this the truth, not.

Get out of here isheep.

• 2011-05-13 14:10
  • j%4b

anyone have any opinions/facts about how many times to recharge battery from flat until it is properly conditioned ?

• 2011-05-13 12:55
  • ix1S

> In reply to The 4400 @ 2011-05-13 12:24 from Tr8a - click to readI have n79,n86,n96,6659,6630,n91,s/ek770,sammy d900,sammy g600.I have had nearly all the top fones bar fruit fone which i hate with all my life.

I am one of the people who understood the n97 and got it working fine but for the normob it must have been a nightmare.

I have been getting up each morning to miserable alarm via clock >> alarm option..I have sat down this morning and oh my god what have i been missing.Its got one off alarm,weekdays only,mon-fri or weekly.

Then alarm type>>melody,vibration,vibration and melody briefing....This is brilliant ,you can set the volume of alarm,none of my nokias do that.Alarm tone allows the ones by sammsung or go to files and their are my s/e ringtones ive built up over years ie ravi,sc-fi and cosmic.

Then snooze it says 5 minutes 3 times BUT if you tap on it you can customise to 3 minutes snooze,5minutes,10minutes,15 minutes half hour or just 1 reapeat.

Smart alarm sets off the alarm at a set interval before your main alarm goes off.Then their is notes setting so when you wake up you have written reminder on screen.When alarm goes off you have a zzzz icon on one side and big X on other and you drag these icons across screen for what you want to do.

Also there is option to end or start calls using main home button which is a blessing for me.

• 2011-05-13 12:44
  • mX73
Total of 24056 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.