Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I just got mine today and WOW !!! I just wanted to know because I used it for a few hours before charging the battery, will that mess up it's life ?

• 2011-05-04 19:48
  • nxXp

I expected this but i got no HML cable or micros sd card.The battery is lithium ion only not polymer type.

• 2011-05-04 19:44
  • nG3@

Its here and on charge for 12 hrs.I know its not supposed but its what ive done for years.I then fully charge/discharge about 7-10 times and then do what i want with reguards to charging.

I did wonder what the hole was next to the 3.5mm jack and in quick start guide its another microphone for when on speakerfone and video recording.If its got 2 mics onboard that leaves it open to stereo recording like htc sensation.

Its really thin but quite big i think on first impressions.I had to go to book to get back cover off ..There really is nowhere to put all the chips and electronics its unbelievable what sammy has done.I do remember when they brought out d900 they used SSMT or smart surface mounting technology but this is off the planet.

• 2011-05-04 19:28
  • nG3@

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-03 23:11 from 0CD} - click to readlast and final comment by me re this matter
I April12th posted the original comment, it would seem that other people bing google is also not convinced

In you reply to bing google you correctly stated i posted the link for the Galaxy which can be added to the basket but in this post you state you saw the CPW link and you could have ordered it from CPW I said no!

"I was going to buy it online with CPW as they had it in stock last time I checked this morning"

Just on timings
1st May Sunday
2nd May BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY
3RD May your post
So even, even if you could have ordered it online 01/05 with the 2 days 2nd & 3rd it may have been a stretch to have recieved it on 03/05
so we now onto had a play on 0305, all I said I not on website 3 at your store! whatever
I stated not online so I doubted your post

As you can see your post is the post challenged as even the researchers such as myself can see when you can and can't make an online purchase.
My reply is this "if you say so!" to each change in stance(post).

• 2011-05-04 19:11
  • IaHa

> In reply to DA @ 2011-05-04 15:43 from uttw - click to readchill bro . these stupid dealers doesnt have any idea at all about release date and price . i'm from indore and they tell me 15 may is the release date . they dont have any information more than us :p

• 2011-05-04 18:37
  • ut0s

i think with dual core 1.2GHZ with 8mp camera 1080p 30phs and android 2.3 is the best what you got today. I say galagy s II Is the best phone of 2011. No mather of iphone 5 coming soon in june. I hate iphone. It will be no better than galaxy s II. Good so KOREA. best of the phones....

• 2011-05-04 18:22
  • mnet

> In reply to Bing Google @ 2011-05-04 04:24 from SgvH - click to readCPW had the phone available online as of the 03/05/2011, that is a fact and i've checked today and they still have it in stock online so are u saying it isn't? Before committing to buying it online with the help of one of their sales advisors I checked in one of the Croydon stores of CPW and surprisingly they had it in stock so I bought one. I too checked on forums about the 02 deal at 399 however there was no concrete proof that it could be unlocked or debranded just hearsay and rather than go through the hassle I bought it sim free as money was not an issue. Some people are prepared to pay a little more to get a product right away and be sure that it will work so there's nothing wrong with that! I'm being defensive because I'm actually contributing and trying help people on this forum make a choice in what mobile they choose only to have some jealous fool posting a link for the older Galaxy S to prove that the SGS2 is not available at CPW! U would be the same fella. I am with Vodafone and halfway through my 18 month contract hence why I purchased it sim free. End of story

• 2011-05-04 17:57
  • 0CD}

hello everyone!!! can someone tell me when will it arrive portugal???
thanks

• 2011-05-04 17:46
  • LcbK

Samsung Has remarkable done a good job by making this masterpiece.....Keep it up Sammy...

• 2011-05-04 17:09
  • vbRF

new interface for ANDROID...SPB SHELL 3D http://megaupload.com/?d=ZC4QFT5R

• 2011-05-04 16:42
  • Lax3

> In reply to Anup @ 2011-05-04 12:23 from b$LF - click to readCan i have all good apps from froyo in this gingerbread phone? Like Angry birds etc. ? Heard it got only a beta of swype yet.
Also would like to know the same about Launcher Pro Sense UI

• 2011-05-04 16:13
  • t@Gk

> In reply to Vijay @ 2011-05-04 12:00 from t@50 - click to readjust wait till this month end

• 2011-05-04 16:08
  • t}yb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-04 11:52 from NaDP - click to readIn South Korea, there are galaxy s2..............

• 2011-05-04 16:01
  • IV5T

> In reply to Vijay @ 2011-05-04 12:00 from t@50 - click to readR u lamn...dont u understand whr will u get the cell phone...ofcourse u will get it in a samsung gallery...

• 2011-05-04 15:57
  • vGFW

It's gotta very strong processor, gun like R.A.M 'n bulky phone storage. A class gaget for multitasking.

• 2011-05-04 15:53
  • s89d

> In reply to Vijay @ 2011-05-04 12:00 from t@50 - click to readhi..its nt yet available in india..im also waitin for this to release..hope v get it soon..!!!

• 2011-05-04 15:43
  • ut96

Hello guys!!
i m frm BHOPAL (INDIA)
yesterday i contact the samsung dealer and he said that it will be available at 2nd june
its bad that we have to wait till june :(

• 2011-05-04 15:43
  • uttw

Its not fair that 62GBP of the 399GBP ive paid goes straight to government in tax.Its free delivery so theres another 10GBP gone so o2 UK are getting about 329GBP for sgs 2.Add shipping charges and so on and o2 UK have bought these cheaply.

What i am getting at is even with all this ultimate bleeding edge tech installed samsung must make these for 50GBP to make any profit.Also the battery and mains lead and earbuds would cost about 30-50GBP as its a big 1650mA job so how do Sammy make these for the price.

Its was at Leeds last night and my order is completed so it should be on way now today .

• 2011-05-04 15:41
  • nG3@

> In reply to Vijay @ 2011-05-04 12:00 from t@50 - click to readit's great device in the market today. what is your email address. I can send u a site.

• 2011-05-04 15:36
  • x0{h

Samsung I9100 Galaxy SII is good. Any idea this phone to be launched in Malaysia?

• 2011-05-04 15:34
  • ib40
Total of 23546 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.