Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

The sgs 2 is very strong and if i grasp it both ends and try to twist i it rock solid.THE SGS 2 does NOT need a back cover as part of its design strentgh but obviously samsung had to put a back cover on to look nice and to stop battery falling out.

As of today i have had no crash and with my 32gb card at 25gb full the only slow down is the network speeds.Honestly all technology has steamed ahead yet network speeds since 2003 here in UK are stuck in a rudy mess.

I know uk has HSDPA but its very patchy and download speeds are variable from gprs speeds to 300kb/s at best.Just cause UK has hsdpa does not mean we achieve big s download or upload speeds.

Smartfones have gone from say 220MHz single core to 1.2GHz dual core and from 16MB memory cards to 32GB cards but network speeds have only increased from 52kb/s to average of 400kb/s at best.The world needs to go sattelites or wimax the whole planet. For example stop spending billions on upgrade after upgrade and just go straight to wimax.

• 2011-05-11 06:38
  • mX73

When i cant get this beast in india!?i have been waiting a long time for sick phone

• 2011-05-11 06:04
  • U@dD

> In reply to lien @ 2011-05-11 00:26 from N@Ve - click to readI did the neocore download from market and left it running till battery dead and got 5hrs 10 minutes about.I had screen set to auto with wifi connected and bluetooth on.I had twitter feeds updating every 30 minutes i think plus email.

I cannot do any old movie test because of hundreds of different codecs.The only way i can try this to be fair is to go out and record some video at 1080p then set it on repeat till fone is dead.I will do this today and video record some bits of traffic and so on give result.I will do these settings,,,

Set screen to full brightness,,bluetooth left on,,twitter set to every 10 minutes and wifi left connected, Email set to as it comes in and volume full blast through headfones.

The only other way is for you to give me the settings and you direct me to a sight to download a video to off on repeat mode.

• 2011-05-11 06:03
  • mX73

> In reply to pmacb @ 2011-05-08 19:14 from myi4 - click to readfaultless? u must be kidding cause this phone is FULL of mistakes: no 3D (this unique feature will be very useful in future, so not very futureproof), mali400 is much weaker than powerVR 543 (not gonna get into specifics, just look that up) but even iphone 5's dual-core 543 will be more powerful than this mali, and their same cheap plastic that is now thinner with larger surface area makes it more breakable than ever

• 2011-05-11 05:24
  • 4Axr

i dream about this phone daily .

• 2011-05-11 03:09
  • vG1F

> In reply to [deleted post]no not yet :(
it will be available on Jun :)

so just wait a little bit ;)

• 2011-05-11 00:33
  • 3Y10

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-10 08:13 from mX73 - click to readcan you give a review about battery lasting...how long it will stand when watch movie..
thanks

• 2011-05-11 00:26
  • N@Ve

> In reply to [deleted post]no not yet

it will be available early JUN :(

so just wait a little bit more :D

• 2011-05-11 00:14
  • 3Y10

> In reply to shashank @ 2011-05-10 12:42 from Hxei - click to readYes, I've been checking souq.com and yesterday one seller with 100% feedback sold 10 units, all for 3500. Now the lowest price on Souq.com is 3299 for U.K variant. I'm still waiting for official UAE version with warranty. I don't wanna ship my phone to U.K if anything goes wrong.Today again I spoke to Samsung and this time a guy picked up and said lots of people are calling for SG2, but it's been delayed by marketing department. lol

• 2011-05-10 23:36
  • HxdF

> In reply to joncow75 @ 2011-05-10 22:14 from 0Fji - click to readI got my first BB in november last year it was 9105 and did the lot with ease and good battery.I also got bold 9780 but found it not as good personally.The BB did Twitter/email/mp3 playback, goodish snaps and not bad video BUT i missed my things i like in a smartfone.I paid the 5GBP per month BIS and security was paramount.I prefer a d-pad not the touchpad.

• 2011-05-10 22:28
  • mX73

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-07 23:48 from gDky - click to readI find I have to refresh the emails rather than see them come up constantly like my BB did. Also with BB there is the option to delete on handset or delete on server. So far i've only worked out that you can set the SGS II to have all emails either delete on handset or server - not the choice per email. It might be there just not got to it yet, however that made the BB more user friendly and practical to me for email. Would prob stick to the Bold if it was for a business phone (unfortunately I have a Nokia E71 as my business phone through work)As my SGS II is my personal phone its less of an issue

• 2011-05-10 22:14
  • 0Fji

The s/e arc is a nice bit of kit but as ive said below its the screen and concert hall settings plus good battery and lightweight body that make me buy sgs 2.

I was going for xperia pro with liking of real buttons but sgs 2 just blew me away ..Its surprising how many good reports the LG optimus 2x is also getting.The 2x has bad visisbilty tho in reports tho but it is still a top smartfone.

I have opened up a you tube account and uploaded a video but its just stuck for 24hrs saying uploaded 100% and thats it.No preview or anything :-( .

• 2011-05-10 21:58

hater gonna hate period.
I am gonna say samsung phone is quite durable I have dropped my omnia countless time and there is only tiny dents and such.

Cant wait for this to arrive in North America.

• 2011-05-10 21:54
  • R4Rq

> In reply to anaheim @ 2011-05-10 10:33 from mT@p - click to readMany Americans don't think well of Apple, many Japanese don't think well of SE. It's just natural.

You obviously never bought any Samsung products... They don't have problem with durability. 5 months? lol you're trying too hard. Learn to troll better.

• 2011-05-10 21:10
  • qbYL

I do admit i am a failure at putting on these screen protectors.My sister came to me as the geek in the family to put one on her htc wildfire but cant.I have tried these things in the past but still get bubbles or put it on wonky or mess it up.Do i have one on sgs or sgs 2,,,NO they do not need it.

If i had a say on camfones and all i wanted is a fone with cam then Nokia N8 it is.It has the xenon which is the most largest on a mobile here in UK and has all the optics its a marvell.So why the sgs ,sammy bada wave and sgs 2,,

Screen colour and concert hall setting is the 2 biggest reasons.

• 2011-05-10 20:26
  • mX73

This is the first sgs over at ifixit.they are using magnesium core.Just need to wait for sgs 2 teardown.Heres link scroll down to warning part near bottom.

• 2011-05-10 20:03
  • mX73

> In reply to Opa @ 2011-05-10 16:57 from M4t@ - click to readthe Russian guy who made the review is known to be a SE hater, i got a SGS2 and compared it to my bro arc and beleive me the SGS2 is better in all aspect than the arc except for the camera, design & the material... lets be honest i didn't see the diff as he made in his review, i hope gsmarena will lunch an objective review re this issue.

• 2011-05-10 19:35
  • 9yqX

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-05-10 03:36 from Y9jD - click to readTotally agreed FURY, I really want this phone, but I'm not willing to pay more than $700, some sellers in ebay has the 16GB at $882 which I consider is too expensive yet, it happend to me with my Nokia N8, I paid more than $600 and a couple of weeks later, was sold in amazon for $445 in the black friday week, so I rather to wait a little bit more.

• 2011-05-10 18:22
  • b$LF

this handset is jst superb acording to featurewise bt whn is it comin to INDIA?wht wil be its price?more importnat is that why samsung is not releasin its standby and talktime??any idea?

• 2011-05-10 17:53
  • utg6

Woow... that's imagine phone and the programes inside what all i need it, but the style like iphone 4G and the back not hot color than price so high. Although i love it ;-))

• 2011-05-10 17:47
  • IT4}
Total of 23879 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.