Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

FVI: Just got SGS2 for 30£ per month on the one plan on three mobile over the phone... good deal? i think so, should have been 40 per month on website and instore.

• 2011-05-07 20:31
  • Tr8a

I hope that SAMSUNG Galaxy S II (I9103) will be released and I also hope that the rumours that it gonna have S-LCD, will be also true because I don't want AMOLED screen! :(

• 2011-05-07 20:31
  • 0xM5

i think its about to launch in india.. nexus s prices have dropped in india to 25.5k... check flipkart.com... till morning.. it was 27k.... they had to drop nexus s prices to achieve it's sale targets n all.... as none will buy nexus s for 27 k.. wen galaxy s2 could be yours by adding 6k more....

• 2011-05-07 20:23
  • KAb%

Still to this day playing with fone.Right i reckon its takes over 2hr to charge the huge battery ..

In settings there is dock setting option so sammy must be bringing out a dock for it.It does fit in my jeans pocket and its my L-shaped end on senheiser headfones causing problem so using stereo bluetooth dongle for now.

There is no give in the structure of sgs 2 as the whole unit has been built sturdy then a thin backplate finishes off the constrution.There is nowt wrong with backplate and forget about it till some people keep bringing it up.When its attached to fone you would not know anything about its structure till you take it off.The backplate comment is void,,it does its job.

I have 18GB of mp3 on my 32GB card and scrolling is continuous and fluent.On my sgs it stuttered and stalled even with tweaks.

I am enjoying it and still messing about ive nowhere near finished finding and altering stuff.Under settings you have motion control to do this :

Turn to mute calls
Tilt function to enlarge screen in gallery or browser.
Panning mode which not tried but moves icons one at a time to another page??
Double tap to prepare your fone for voice commands.

I do want to try out all these functions but really honestly need to settle down with it first before i mess about.At this moment i am scared of activating features and thinking its a fault whe its supposed to do that cause i asked it to.

Their is turn to mute which works in mp3 player but cannot see it rejecting calls but there could be an app for doing that,,i dont use that feature.I do like option of ending call with a real button ie, the home button just to make sure you have hung up properly.

Downloaded flashlight and just press it to use led as torch.

It did feel a bit bigger than sgs but now i have had it few days i find it fine.

• 2011-05-07 20:15
  • nF{b

> In reply to [deleted post]Hey neither samsung is fool nor gsmarena is fool, the real fool is you!! Can't you wait for some days to get the best?????. Other sites don't do in depth review as gsmarena does. No phone till today have got pre 3 small reviews in gsmarena, as you can see above the that is preview, head to head and overview. I'm not a fan of samsung, am a hard core fan of nokia but i have to admit that samsung has tried its best to make such wonderfull device with awesome processor. And about release date in india, it will soon be released don't worry samsung is working on it

• 2011-05-07 20:00
  • bJeE

Does the SII have a 3x4 text input?

• 2011-05-07 19:59
  • uZ9S

is there a 32 gb version also available anywhere in the world ??

• 2011-05-07 19:50
  • t74E
  • Roshan Jos Thaliath
  • Rating0

Yes I agree its the best phone but there is a limit for waiting for something . Even not a confirmed release date for India and most parts . Samsung people in India seems to have no idea or even heard about it I guess .What is this Samsung I agree you have good hardware specs but this delay will is too bad ......

• 2011-05-07 19:38
  • vGPH

evrythings gud in this mobile.............but the main problm i sthe battery life.i heard it on news channel wich was giving this phone's review .the bttry lie is pathetic wich is one of the main drawbacks of this phone.othrwise its real cool!

• 2011-05-07 19:10
  • utRN

I run benchmark on that samsung and Quadrand Standart i check system information and i got only one core

• 2011-05-07 18:57
  • Lh@E

The best device, ever seen on the world!
Bravo Sammy!!!

• 2011-05-07 18:14
  • pp}H

The best phone in the world!!!

• 2011-05-07 17:03
  • srpr

> In reply to i love SE @ 2011-05-07 05:37 from s8c@ - click to read@ SMAT read your response to i love SE but did not "complete" by going back to the ORIGINAL post which I meant to answer (and linking url?)
My post was meant for is to i love SE and has to be posted there to make sense.

Apple patented everything in order to what not follow its own designs read the suit filed

• 2011-05-07 16:16
  • IaHg

can anyone try using the 'Video calling' with skype or any other Software on this mobile and post the review ?

• 2011-05-07 15:54
  • vG0f

> In reply to woop @ 2011-05-05 12:21 from v6wJ - click to readHey does anyone know is this mobile support Arabic ??

• 2011-05-07 15:44
  • mg5N

> In reply to Dave @ 2011-05-07 00:42 from tUnM - click to readi think so

• 2011-05-07 15:36
  • tUnM

i have used this one yesterday and tust me there is no way u can compare it! The back plastic cover dosen't look good, but still far better and safer than steel, the plastic dosen't get heated too much. I have only a word to say "AWESOME" its best and fstest phone i have ever opreted in whole life time.
If u wanna buy it better but it now. The Quality has been improved as compared to the galaxy s (orignal).

• 2011-05-07 15:04
  • Lbct

how come the atrix, arc, optimus... don't heat up like this one?????

• 2011-05-07 14:38
  • 9y3F

Well i bought this phone, and this is funny, some post here said it's fast... i couldn't see a significant diff. compared to my SGS1 (i recall reading a review stating that dual core is significant under Android 3.0 and above), as for Android: thumbs up, As for the design i give credit for the weight and the thin but worst back cover so poor material and no design why samsung???, as for the display it's good but not better than the retina, & what really need to be mentioned is the heat, a 5min phone call and i'll fry an egg on it.
but overall it's a better upgrade over the SG1 and i thing it's better than the HTC sensation, so for the features i can stick with this good phone till we see the new iphone (that i think won't give much than a better screen) but for the design, cost, quality of the material & camera i'll recommend the SE arc.

• 2011-05-07 14:35
  • 9y3F

> In reply to sammy s2 @ 2011-05-06 16:21 from 95Hj - click to readHow pathetic! You won't by this phone becasuse of a plastic back, despite you saying how brilliant it is? I got this from Carphone Warehouse on Thursday as an upgrade through T-Mobile. This phone is amazing. I've played with it none stop since I got it, and never looked at the back once. At least I know with the none stop use, I won't burn my hand on any metal. This phone does get quite warm with constant use. I've just overed a silicon cover to protect it, and i'll now see the back even less, so what is the issue?

For all those debating whether to get this phone, then I'd say definately. I've never owned an Android handset (had a BB Bold for a few years, and the awful Tocco before that - another Samsung phone, so no Sammy fan boy either) but this beats my girlfriend's iphone 4 hands down, on just about everything. I also love apple products, so I think my review can be quite impartial.

Brilliant, brilliant phone.

• 2011-05-07 14:27
  • nHSr
Total of 23743 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.