Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

My video results,,non-stop 1080p video i recoreded on sgs2 itself,screen full brightness,,full volume through headfones,,wifi on and connected,,bluetooth on ,,2g (edge)twitter polling every 30 minutes plus email arriving as it happens (about 20emails).

Time was 5hrs 22 minutes.

Thats not bad since everytime i look at battery info the screen is the biggest power guzzler.

I am on my 6th charge/discharge cycle.I charged for 12 hrs on first charge the do 10 charge/discharge cycles then do what i want after that.

i got one of my 2 covers today,its a red silicon one which is good but not good for in/out jeans pocket days just jacket or shirt pocket days.The other one is a back case with built in stand.Oh i am usually bored with smartfone by day 5 but its day 8 and getting better and better.

• 2011-05-11 20:08
  • mX73

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-11 14:42 from mX73 - click to readIf you have the phone would you mind giving it a full review...the speed of G2,picture and video quality,how long the battery lasts with heavy usage,music quality...have you encountered any lag or frezees......enything that find usefull to share....I'm tyred of reading page after page of fierce debates about a damn back cover!!! Thanks!

• 2011-05-11 20:06
  • Mtyp

software problems with galaxy?try reboot if still not work contact manufacturer for solutions...

• 2011-05-11 20:02
  • nHPg

> In reply to mark2jag @ 2011-05-11 19:08 from nxb% - click to readThat sounds like your network provider has put a lock on the account r sim card.If i want to call overseas i inform my provider and get an international bolt on.

I am o2uk but would never ever deal with phones4u.I was stood looking in their window and the bloke come out and started questioning me on the street.They arte a high powered selling company and would not sell my nate it sim free eve tho he was prepared to pay the £530 sim free price,they wanted him to sign a 24 month contract.He walked away.

• 2011-05-11 19:59
  • mX73

> In reply to [deleted post]Whatever you say you don't seem to be able to express yourself well, more incoherent.
check out my favorite video of all time! just posted today by pritesh thanks pritesh.

My view are this as much as you keep promising to buy another phone you never will why you haven't used another moniker except SAMSUNG, even this phone is beyond you limits you will be window shopping NEVER BUYING never ever buying, never ever buying, never ever buying just making utterings.

This phone is extremely expensive and I think that Samsung have included functions you will definitely NOT need in my opinion based on 8 i/d & your comments.

Things I think you whoever you are today won't need
ANSWERS
Conference call: for obvious reasons and similarly
call waiting: one of you can pick up
3g video call: see above
Camera function self timer:* 7 in shot one takes photo
GPS* all 8 can't be lost one can read a map surely
(* just 4U hint is at least one person)

also you may find that your "favourite contacts" and voice mail number BOTH connect you to voice mail.

This is my final response to you but to clarify, the date today is MAY 9th, I post under the name of April 12th, I thought I had better explain it just in case you had to be somewhere special and you know, well actually you don't.

• 2011-05-11 19:44
  • IaHa

> In reply to lien @ 2011-05-11 00:26 from N@Ve - click to readdepends on the quqality of movie.............

• 2011-05-11 19:44
  • 9ABK

> In reply to mark2jag @ 2011-05-11 19:08 from nxb% - click to readYou have provided really too little detail to say your comment is fair.
We don't know if you are recieving any error messages, whether or not you get a dial tone when you call the number, did you ask the person to whom you are trying to contact to send you a message?
All we get is can't send a international sms = SGS bad.
there are setting which tell you whether or not the SMS was sent.
So "not dissing" but also not fair

• 2011-05-11 19:27
  • IaHa

> In reply to mark2jag @ 2011-05-11 19:08 from nxb% - click to readim confused coz ur problem should be related to the network provider and not the handset.

• 2011-05-11 19:21
  • vQ1r

If you intend on sending international text messages on this handset AND you are in the UK give the S2 a massive miss. I'm on my 2nd handset now. and neither of them would send international text messages. Samsung dont want to know, nor does the place I got them from (Phones4u, camberley). I'm not dissing the handset because if you can live without international text messaging then this phone is quite brilliant, however if you need international text messaging then it really isnt!!!!I'm just giving an honest appraisal of this phone and see no reason why my comments should not get posted......

• 2011-05-11 19:08
  • nxb%

Back cover problem I already through one nokia some years ago. another gt540 still using though back cover as thin as baloon. I would surely buy such gaget but when the price of sgs2 down to about 300 USD which is my capacity to buy. Shall I wait 2012 for this price? Please help.

• 2011-05-11 18:57
  • utUH

> In reply to [deleted post]ferrari inside KIA car... LOL, good comment

• 2011-05-11 18:29
  • vG5i

One thing really missing in this Galaxy S II is FM transmitter. I wonder why they didnt put it else it would have been a complete package.

• 2011-05-11 18:05
  • vbTi

> In reply to sammy lover @ 2011-05-11 12:31 from iwpJ - click to readSgs 3 sneak peek
Ultra amoled
2 gigabyte dual core processor
3d
Etc...

• 2011-05-11 17:43
  • ibbr

I get between 7-8 hrs of battery life if playing angry birds constantly on 70% brightness
using as just a phone with no 3g and aprrox. 45 mins of calls and about 30 texts, I get just over 2 days use before a recharge is needed.
not tested video usage

• 2011-05-11 17:36
  • mTxg

> In reply to vikram @ 2011-05-11 03:09 from vG1F - click to readme too! im trading my N8 though my carrier (purple screen defect, warranty= exchange ;-) ) to get this baby! i have already downloaded tons of apps like penetrate, java emulator, psx4droid etc! android is wayyy better than symbian in some things, one android is optimized like symbian it will rule the world!

• 2011-05-11 17:07
  • 9yxe

> In reply to sammy s2 @ 2011-05-11 13:34 from 95Hj - click to readMr. sammy s2 is having a huge problem with others back sides. I like to say, please look at your "back side (aka as*)" before others...got it?

• 2011-05-11 16:55
  • PEdE

> In reply to sammy s2 @ 2011-05-11 13:34 from 95Hj - click to readStop looking and actually feel it... lol

It's far from flimsy. It doesn't go out of form, it fits fine after bending it... Wtf are you complaining about?

• 2011-05-11 16:39
  • qbYL

Got rumours that will come the Galaxy s3 in this year. True?

• 2011-05-11 15:32
  • uEDH

Jesus where are you.. my galaxy 5 is gone now let me get ths

• 2011-05-11 15:31
  • N9Ph

> In reply to sammy s2 @ 2011-05-11 13:34 from 95Hj - click to readyou should take 2 sleeping pils n forget abt its back cover prblom hv fun

• 2011-05-11 15:25
  • 0vHC
Total of 23964 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.