Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

knock knock... anyone can tell me does galaxy s2 support skype video call?

• 2011-05-12 02:54
  • PxYC

> In reply to Roshan Jos Thaliath @ 2011-05-11 21:14 from vGNQ - click to readyou can set the vibration sesitivity and it can also ring and vibrate at the same time

• 2011-05-12 02:18

> In reply to [deleted post]get the phone and then talk like me =}

• 2011-05-12 02:17
  • v6wJ

Which carrier will this phone be on?

• 2011-05-12 02:17
  • jgj%

> In reply to S.AlYousuf @ 2011-05-12 01:49 from 3Y10 - click to readits the usual heat you get from any other phone.
in galaxy s2 its little to no heat when browsing and ect but it gets warm when playing games.

• 2011-05-12 02:16

> In reply to em @ 2011-05-11 20:58 from 3AxW - click to readHi EM
Thnx a lot man for the useful info
But could u tell me about the heating that other users r talking about, please?
Is it that bad?

Thnx :)

• 2011-05-12 01:49
  • 3Y10

> In reply to [deleted post]A piece of crap that millions of people around the world will be buying. Ppl wont listen to you, because its you who are the crap. . . . Cheers! !!

• 2011-05-12 01:26
  • u{EH

can anyone tell me when will this device will be released in indonesia?

• 2011-05-12 00:11
  • txFU

People r so blinded on this forum, so let me enlighten u:
Galaxy S2 is a sorta a fail in my opinion actually or should i call it a midstop in a right direction:
1) First bad graphics choice. mali400 is much weaker than Power VR543 (so chances are this time iphone will have better graphics especially since it's software will be build specifically for it). If they go for mali t604 next year it will be roughly 20 times more powerfull (5 times mali400 core to core)
2) No 3D (not completely necessary at the moment since software needs to be optimized for it first, but certainly not future-proof).
3) Same cheap plastic iphone-like design (least make it something different for once, i like optimus 3D design for instance)
4) To take advantage of multicore and it's improved battery life u need Ice cream Sandwich (in ur face) which wouldn't be out now till Christmas and last time i checked Samsung doesn't have good update history and by THAT time u will hearing about quad-core phones being released shortly (just google- already a bunch of rumors about it). What gives the S2 speed at the moment is 1.2 GHz vs 1ghz from the last and EXT4 and other optimization of gingerbread with better drivers

Via twitter back a few month ago samsung was also considering about quad-core and 3d in their next phone, but i also found this topic about Eldar Murtazin which still exists next post.

As u see it also has some very interesting info about new screen technology and direction that Samsung is heading to, although i highly doubt about 6 month release table (it will most probably be carrier specific, aka galaxy S2 captivate with 4.5 inch screen, 2GHz dual-core, 4g etc for AT&T like Samsung infuse 4G, for Christmas), it certainly gives u an idea that this phone will be outdated within just few month. So whether u like it or not (or ignore my comment), just see for urself next year when u wasted money!
I certainly wouldn't spend 700 dollars on unlocked phone when a better one will be out in 6-10 month

NOW, many of u might say to me that this is either just rumors or that u can't catch up to technology, but this actually quite false.
First of all many of these rumors are originated from information leaked during prototype testing phases.
Second technology moves in steps.
For instance, while we will see quad-core phones next year (and no doubt about it, Sony NGP (not phone) will be first portable quad-core coming out by end of this year already), we will NOT see 8 core phones any time soon since cortex a9 only supports up to 4 cores and cortex a15 only up to 2 in a phone. Also how many laptops have 8 core CPU- most have stopped at 2 or 4.
we already witnessed how mega-pixel race has ended in 2009 since no phones since then went for 16mp or more. In fact Samsung galaxy s went back to 5 after developing 8mp camera phones (innov8 and i8910 HD) for 2 years.
Screens wouldn't go larger than 4.3 inch (otherwise wouldn't be portable), and 1080p video recording is as high as it can get, so in those things S2 maxes out already on what is possible. Also it's 1GB ram should hopefully be enough to run multiple apps this time although not as many as symbian. But it isn't perfect by any means.
Still if Samsung continue to push forward like in S2, their next phone will be maxed out in just about everything that the software will require.
After that it will mostly be smaller cpu architectural changes and while CPU may stay at 4, gpu can go up to 16 cores, however how much would u really need??
this is what i mean by software cause no developer will be willing to develop crysis 2 for phones and sell it for 10 bucks. power 543 is needed for Sony NGP more than anything else. (i still have Samsung i8910 and it can run all the games ur S2 can as long as it's out for Symbian^3)

• 2011-05-11 23:58
  • 4Axr

this is a great one of my whole life. this handset is very lovely and smart touch.. i want buy.

• 2011-05-11 23:26
  • P5p$

When will this phone be avabile to the us?

• 2011-05-11 22:57
  • N%x$

> In reply to [deleted post]yeah man...u read wat u wrote sumwhere n got blind n started cursin galaxy s ii..great

• 2011-05-11 22:44
  • vGx4

> In reply to em @ 2011-05-11 20:58 from 3AxW - click to readcongrat my friend to have this phone..i really envy with u .and thanks for the review..in my country it not out yet.....sad.
i hv ipad-nokia e7-galaxy s1...hopping to upgrade galaxy s2 replace s1.....
cheer mate !!!!

• 2011-05-11 21:53
  • FcD%
  • Roshan Jos Thaliath
  • Rating0

> In reply to em @ 2011-05-11 20:58 from 3AxW - click to readHi EM,

Can you please tell me how is the ring volume and vibrator affect . I always travel in a bike so will it help . Please tell me .Cheers !!!

• 2011-05-11 21:14
  • vGNQ

> In reply to em @ 2011-05-11 20:58 from 3AxW - click to readCan you please tell us about picture,video,music quality...?Have you had eny lags or frezees with it?....

• 2011-05-11 21:12
  • Mtyp

> In reply to em @ 2011-05-11 20:58 from 3AxW - click to readHi EM, thanks for your useful comments. I have one on order and have been trying to find out if the facial recognition unlock feature using the front camera is included. This was demonstrated at MWC, but I have not seen it since. Thanks for your help.

• 2011-05-11 21:08
  • mX$I

> In reply to [deleted post]"It's just an opinion,... it's true" Wtf does that even mean?
Relax man and make some sense. The back cover of SGSII is perfectly appropriate and the quality is also perfectly appropriate. If that is the deal breaker for you, you'll be missing out on all the greatness for something so silly. Good luck finding a better phone.

"Ohhhh I don't like the back cover" lol QQ more

• 2011-05-11 21:05
  • Ti8v

hi there guys,
I have had the samsung galaxy s 2 for over a week now and I absoloutly love it. I had the iPhone 3gs for ages and didnt even consider upgrading to the 4 being as my only reasoning would be because of the apps. The screen quality is unreal if I'm honest nothing I have ever seen before with regards to quality and everything else it plays superfast and is good with games ad other applications on the internet it is fantastic and with its large screen you are able to browse easily. Its very touch reactive being very fast and responsive. With regards to battery life I was very impressed being used to the iPhones and having to charge them every night with out fail and the unknown applications going on in the background I was getting a bit fed up. I thought that with this phone it would be the same as it runs on a lot more. However I was completely wrong I charge my s2 once every 2 days which isn't a huge difference but its still a difference to most smartphones out there. The back cover that we keep hearing so much about is a bit plasticy but there's nothing wrong with it to be honest its perfectly fine and never comes off randomly and theres really nothing wrong with it.

If you have any questions comment me back and i'll tell you wat I think... having waited for this phone and seeibg new phones everyday im very pleased with it and I think its gunna take a lot to top it
hope this helps :)
Em

• 2011-05-11 20:58
  • 3AxW

> In reply to [deleted post]If you are so bothered about G2 built quality you are free to choose from a variety of handsets! It's you right! Buy Arc,Atrix,or whatever you want! Just finish with this back cover thing already and let people who like G2 to share their opinions without interfering!

• 2011-05-11 20:17
  • Mtyp

My video results,,non-stop 1080p video i recoreded on sgs2 itself,screen full brightness,,full volume through headfones,,wifi on and connected,,bluetooth on ,,2g (edge)twitter polling every 30 minutes plus email arriving as it happens (about 20emails).

Time was 5hrs 22 minutes.

Thats not bad since everytime i look at battery info the screen is the biggest power guzzler.

I am on my 6th charge/discharge cycle.I charged for 12 hrs on first charge the do 10 charge/discharge cycles then do what i want after that.

i got one of my 2 covers today,its a red silicon one which is good but not good for in/out jeans pocket days just jacket or shirt pocket days.The other one is a back case with built in stand.Oh i am usually bored with smartfone by day 5 but its day 8 and getting better and better.

• 2011-05-11 20:08
  • mX73
Total of 24003 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.