Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Got My S2 Today.It's really cool.big and fast.sharp and nice.
just to bad tings:1.MHL Cable Wasn't incl.
and phone can't show Persian so we have to insstall lastest firefox and when u using firefox u canæt play flashplayers video :(
but it doesn't matter at all :D :D

• 2011-05-13 21:59
  • n7Fr

Nearly 2hrs to update,first had to re-install kies,then had trouble again.So started googling and suggestions were made to run kies in administrator mode ,,still trouble with dll files ..Rebooted fone taking out battery,,then it would not update without doing back up,,did back up now kies would not recognise device,,rebboted laptop and fone ,,,yes drivers installed successfully and it updated in about 20 mins.Phew...

Wifi signal has gone up by one bar and will see tomorrow if other brightness fault is fixed,it should be.Ive had enough for now.

I was on the fone to o2 ready for return before person on here told me to look at gsmarenas sgs2 update news on software update to fix the bug..Very near miss indeed.I felt really down but now back up on top ......:-)

• 2011-05-13 21:55
  • mX73

> In reply to iaminauh @ 2011-05-13 20:52 from Tr4{ - click to readImpossible! It can't be delayed that much. Any source to your claim? Where's the link to Samsung's official announcement? It should be in UAE by end of May Latest!

• 2011-05-13 21:55
  • HxdF

goodbye galaxy 2

• 2011-05-13 21:09
  • 3xGx

Guys check out my video review. I have also reviewed the LG Optimus 2X: http://www.youtube.com/user/th...feature=mhee

• 2011-05-13 20:57
  • 3JiZ

************Update from UAE ***********

Launching will get delayed again in UAE as per Samsung ! Now they announced that it will Reach here end of July2011 or first weak of August !

************************************************­**

• 2011-05-13 20:52
  • Tr4{

Be ready for the review from GSMARENA it is coming in just few hours :)

HELP ;(

Does anyone know the wired headphones with remote controls and mic functions working because the headphones coming with this phone does not have remote for Forward, Reverse and Volume Control.

I mostly listen music while riding bike and phone is in the pocket so with out remote i cant stop/play or roeward/reverse or control volume of my songs.

THANX

• 2011-05-13 20:20
  • vGyM

> In reply to iNXT @ 2011-05-13 19:15 from 3LAE - click to readI would definitely get a laptop instead of a tablet but I have a galaxy s and it is amazing. If you want to check your mail or browse the internet the quickest way is your smartphone. it is most helpful when your out.

• 2011-05-13 20:09
  • fn$e

Right i have reported myself to get link taken down.I have just been out now with same sitution as before but with high bitrate "The office" sitcom running but i could not replicate the issue.I am now going to do the software update.

• 2011-05-13 19:43
  • mX73

> In reply to iNXT @ 2011-05-13 19:15 from 3LAE - click to readO.K. You could. You won't. Maybe. Don't know. With who? I don't. NO Thank You

• 2011-05-13 19:32
  • IaHa

Lets think about it. In the price of this, i could buy a very good laptop... And, why do i have to pay $500 if i can get the same functions on a 250-300$ device (forget lag). It is a good phone, but it's too much. Phones and tablets can never overtake laptops. Discuss, without being funny. I want to know who else thinks like me and who got answers for my thoughts. Thanks.

• 2011-05-13 19:15
  • 3LAE

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-13 11:17 from vG5G - click to readYou should get a bike dock ;)
Those are pretty nice.

• 2011-05-13 19:02
  • qbYL

> In reply to [deleted post]Thanks thats good news because my phone was not hot??I checked about 30 mins ago and did not see the info you just gave me,,thanks.

• 2011-05-13 18:59
  • mX73

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 12:34 from ix1S - click to readAssuming you aren't using any apps in the background for data like twitter, weather etc etc

• 2011-05-13 18:43
  • JCqY

> In reply to Sun @ 2011-05-13 09:18 from Mtyp - click to readYou know when I said I couldn't promise you a full GSMARENA review in an earlier post, well now I can

Today 13/05/2011
ok I cheated

• 2011-05-13 18:39
  • IaHa

Had my first warning this afternoon about heat.I took it out my pocket to check time as i was listening to music through headfones and the screen looked dim.I went into settings but it kept saying brightness must be turned to stop device getting too hot .I manage to get it about 3 quarters brightness ,,if i put it up full it jumped down to 3 quarter limit with the warning.I turned it off/on and it resolved itself and cannot get it to do it again?I tried another 40 m ins and took it out of pocket but no warning?

I am at home now with screen on full blast with bluetooth on and wifi connected and playing angry birds but no heat warning???I had it in a case in my jeans with 3g and bluetooth on and screen full blast and music on volume 11 for about 45 minutes before i went to check the time and got first heat warning..

• 2011-05-13 18:37
  • mX73

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-13 08:04 from vG5G - click to readI aplogise to evrybody, I am really really really a nice person, or the again maybe not after this but hey!

Ronald has asked questions directly of ????? who gave him short shrift

he asks this question?

"If this phone has any back-illuminated CMOS image sensor like sony ericssion new expria or iphone 4 for taken pictures in dark then we can call this great phone is PERFECT but sadly its camera is simple with led flash and 8mp, for camera department samsung has not done any innovation for this phone.

But it is very close to be perfect ;)"

Then he posts these images. Don't bother trying to figure it out ENJOY!!!
If you gonna buy a phone make sure, its got to be dual core..

• 2011-05-13 18:27
  • IaHa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 12:55 from ix1S - click to readThere is no need to condition the battery, just use it and charge it when it needs it.

• 2011-05-13 16:39
  • njNE

Don't care about this huge brick !!! What happened to the Samsung S2 Mini ? That is the one i want !!!

• 2011-05-13 16:14
  • mDQr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-13 12:55 from ix1S - click to readI did initial charge of 12 hrs then flatten it and fully charge it 6-10 times ..i am on 8th charge now.

• 2011-05-13 15:29
  • mX73
Total of 24120 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.