Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to [deleted post]its not as "cheap" as your think...
theres a youtube video of a guy bending the case 360 degrees and it doesnt snap or go out of shape

• 2011-05-09 06:21
  • v6wJ

> In reply to atx @ 2011-05-08 05:58 from S1U7 - click to readwell i got mine for 700 dollars aus

• 2011-05-09 06:19
  • v6wJ

> In reply to fadz @ 2011-05-08 15:13 from IAfD - click to readall galaxy s2 phones will have the samsung logo unless its from korean which might be different(carrier models)

• 2011-05-09 06:18
  • v6wJ

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-08 19:30 from vGxF - click to readget the phone and then reply

from a galaxy s2 user

• 2011-05-09 06:16
  • v6wJ

amoled burn not true. ive been using my galaxy s since it was released last year till today didnt experience any screen burn or rather any fon problems

• 2011-05-09 05:44
  • sxuk

Hi all, I was wondering which of the of two would be better the Exynos 4210 SoC or the Nvidia's Tegra 2 SoC?

• 2011-05-09 05:24
  • LBy{

I got 5hrs 21 minutes on the Neocore battery test using parameters i stated in last post.Pretty good.I am loving this high powered smartfone,i cant wait for MHL cables.

• 2011-05-09 02:10
  • nEfU

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-08 19:30 from vGxF - click to readI have had to register with facebook to get posts put through because of the amount of bad comments or lies.I did not want to register because i am bit by bit getting rid of facebook but ,oh well.

Right when playing back video on bbc i-player with twitter feeds (4 of them)email updates txt messages coming in the sgs does get warm.That said so do many other fones ive had.My tele gets hot so does my dvd player and my laptop and sandisk v-mate video recorder and my adapter for this and that its normal.

I have the power of my laptop in 2009 in a 8.5mm chassis with no heatsink attached to a fan ,of course its gonna get hot.Samsung will have run tests and its passed through the fCC for crying out loud,,its natural to get hot.

To persons on here saying about fruit fone,,please go buy that fone ..do not come on here discussing it please it is not a smarfone.I do however not mind s/e arc or lg optimus comments or any other fone because we are here to discuss smartfones.I do go to arc forum and all the other new top fones forums for a look and see how that fone is doing.

I wont comment on screen burn,its just pathetic, i had sgs for 8 months on full screen brightness and never noticed anything.Most folk turn brightness down but full blast for hours of video/tweeting email and the battery icons did not burn onto screen.

I am doing a Neocore test for battery leaving bluetooth on and wifi connected with auto brightness screen and usual email polling and twitter set to 20 mins.Its nearly over.I will give results soon ,its at 4hrs 45 mins ATM.

• 2011-05-09 01:25
  • nEfU

I have just bought this Galaxy S2... Still waiting for delivery...

My actual phone is Siemens C25... Will I experience any difference?

• 2011-05-09 00:27
  • M}FX

i also had iphone 4 ! maybe it s true about amoled screen life but it s way ahead of iphone4 ! i head that piece of ....for 3 months and in that period was 2 months on repair 4 various reasons so....happy to have galaxy s2 now with no problem at all !

• 2011-05-09 00:26
  • 3qJ1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-08 18:07 from wHrS - click to readLCD IPS made by LG not by samsung by the way LG has better displays than samsung lol

• 2011-05-09 00:12
  • Tr08

Had this sinse Thursay and really happy. Only issue i have is a few random reboots. Anyone else having this problem?

• 2011-05-08 23:38
  • nx$Z

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-08 19:30 from vGxF - click to readWhat are u talking about, parts made is Korea are faulty and cause bugs and its all over the net? Haha what a load of BS! I think we are seeing ur true colours- u are a jealous hater of a troll and we all know it pal!

• 2011-05-08 22:13
  • 0CD}

Man this phone heats a lot, and my bro who got arc always bugging me that i have a monster phone but without charisma, no style and low material quality... i think he's right this phone is the best in feature and performance aspect but in design and good quality material it suckssss but whyyyy Samsung, i think i'll switch it with arc, lower price and good looking.

• 2011-05-08 21:47
  • nt29

> In reply to Bing Google @ 2011-05-06 10:40 from SgvH - click to readHaving just posted on this, the individual who both I and Joonius replied to has again raised the issue of screen burn in super amoled, it beggars belief having already stated directly there are no reports of this iin the Galaxy 1 forum it is raised again by this very same person. The previous time it was admitted that the percentages quoted were fabricated and the only evidence offered was not a Samsung model not super amoled and 'old'. If you don't want the S2 then your free to buy another phone and post there. This is the 2nd time in 2 days you have tried to cause panic in this forum and I do hope that the moderators @ gsmarena do their jobs in vetting your submissions prior to publication. I do not understand why you do what you do. Having NOT ONE case in SGS1 and causing the panic you did, why do it again? Link to other forums is not evidence, you cannot show accuracy. Enough is enough.

• 2011-05-08 21:47
  • SgvH

i9100 is the killer

• 2011-05-08 21:38
  • HKxM

Guys, i have actually got this handset, and previously had the iphone 4! i had no hesitations in ditching the iphone 4 as the S2 is easily the best phone on the market right now. the iphone feels more of a premium handset due to build quality, but the S2 beats it on every point, the screen quality, camera, usability, looks and above all the speed, i mean its got a 1.2ghz dual core processor!!! the only thing that is going to take some getting used to is the android markets lack of apps compared to apples app store, but that is an easy compromise.
i would rate this phone 10/10.
buy one and you will not regret it.

• 2011-05-08 20:49
  • Sgv7

OLED display is really amazing thing, but Lifespan and Burn-in effect is essential disadvantages of it. And it is pretty serious disadvantages. Sad because SAMSUNG Galaxy S II is really good device. :(

• 2011-05-08 20:20
  • 0xM5

Couple of retailers said that here in Finland its released MAY 15 or sometime on week 20 .
yours at 599 euro
and from an operator about 450 euro ( still SIM free)

• 2011-05-08 20:19
  • nmQi
  • Roshan Jos Thaliath
  • Rating0

> In reply to [deleted post]That price is way to high mate ...

• 2011-05-08 20:15
  • vGPH
Total of 23822 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.