Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Just got a load of app updates,

Google Goggles,
Shop savvy barcode,
Google Docs,
Chess and 4 in a row games,
Unit converter,
Adobe reader,
Flash Player,

It shows how committed Android platform is..I remember my first Android the t-mobile Pulse and it was update day after day.Great stuff.

• 2011-05-14 22:33

hi everyone!
does this phone have a voice recording opetion?
can you record voice?
there is no where (even in the recent review talk about this)

can someone who has this phone confirm please?

thanks very much

• 2011-05-14 21:50
  • myP3

> In reply to Danutz @ 2011-05-14 18:37 from 33fx - click to readI can star emails and you can select standard view or conversation view.these are under options,,

signature
period to sync email shows earliest as 1 day?

Always cc/Bcc myself,
Notification in status bar whe email arrives,

Ringtone

Vibrate

Incoming settings

Forward with files,

Split view mode

Synschedule which is divided into peak schedule,,off peak schedule,,peak days,peak start time,,peak end time.

While roaming eith manual or follow sync schedule.

While power is low ,,use manual or sync schedule.

I cant see it being as powerfull as blackberry email but it pretty good.

• 2011-05-14 21:41
  • mX73

> In reply to abhi @ 2011-05-14 20:35 from uvH2 - click to readYour best bet is XDA developers,you will have to get into some serious altering to get what you want.I am not a gamer but i dont know much that operates at 60FPS.If you are talking about slowmotion video the sammy i8510 is superb for that and you can pick it up used for not much.If its gaming it depends how much samsung have locked down the GPU.I am fine with overclocking to 1.5GHZ but above that once you atart messing with voltages i gaurantee other bugs will arise .

I have done neocore test but come on give me some thing you want me to do and i will terst it for you.

• 2011-05-14 21:29
  • mX73

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-14 21:05 from vGx@ - click to readI say this to most people for a long time now.Sit down and write down what you use youir smartfone for.Is it worth waiting ages for sgs 2 just for a music fone.I love the 1080p and cannot wait to get mhl cable.I love the audio quality and concert hall setting,,i love the display and battery stamina.Also today have been doing word ,excel documents and trying 13MB PDFS using polaris software built in,,the calculator goes to scientific mode in landcscape ..You can alter screen temperature just it does the lot and use nearly everything.

I dont have a car but use gps for other features but not a neccessity.To be honest if i could get a good twitter client and a few other things the wave or wave 2 would do but they are only 100GBP less than what i paid for this beast.

See if you could buy just a music fone if thats your main venture.

• 2011-05-14 21:23
  • mX73

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-14 21:05 from vGx@ - click to readI have tried my nokia remote control headfone controls (with 4 poles) and it does not work.THe only other way is bluetooth (A2DP) but i bought one and the songs go fast and slow so not good.I dont want to open my headfones that come with sgs 2 in case i sell it.

• 2011-05-14 21:12

HELP ;(

Does anyone know the wired headphones with remote controls and mic functions working because the headphones coming with this phone does not have remote for Forward, Reverse and Volume Control.

I mostly listen music while riding bike and phone is in the pocket so with out remote i cant stop/play or roeward/reverse or control volume of my songs.

THANX

• 2011-05-14 21:05
  • vGx@

> In reply to scoopyscoopy @ 2011-05-14 04:11 from x$KK - click to readThnax for relpying ,nice name "scoopyscoopy"

But i am searching for wired headphones ;(

• 2011-05-14 21:03
  • vGx@

> In reply to shashank @ 2011-05-14 15:55 from Hxe2 - click to readSure, I'll let you know. Just keep calling 8004885 and 800Samsung. It makes sense that the phone should be in UAE by end of this month because it's launched in other countries last month! Samsung should think and release this beast quickly to gain the market, before people jump on iPhone5 which will get announced in June as all previous iPhones.

• 2011-05-14 20:58
  • HxdF

> In reply to abhi @ 2011-05-14 20:35 from uvH2 - click to read60fps r more than enough for current games in market 400 mali can provide more frames per sec but its needless that will discharge the battery soon so they have did the limitation

• 2011-05-14 20:42
  • utd4

Can someone tell me how to solve the gaming/gpu problem in sgs2(60 fps limitation) ???
If this problem is solved than it might very well be my 1st samsung phone.........

• 2011-05-14 20:35
  • uvH2

[GALAXY S II] Official Live Demo -- HD
the official hands-on video of Samsung GALAXY S II.

• 2011-05-14 20:21
  • vGCH

> In reply to [deleted post]I was going 2 go with 'Not the sharpest etc' but anything I say U will consider genius. All I know is that U somehow found this web page.

• 2011-05-14 20:18
  • Tr8a

hi to all, if anybody kind enough to give me some feedback on this phone will be much apreciated. how fast is the gps. i had the htc hd2 and it would lock in a few seconds even from cold start. the nokia n8 i have now takes 2-3 minutes. also can you install igo software? also is it stable on the bluetooth. i have 3 cars 2 with factory fitted b/ths and 1 with parrot and the n8 works diferently on all of them with many issues. i dont really care for games and apps. 3 things are importand for me.
1. reception with sound quality

Is this phone better than iPhone 4

• 2011-05-14 18:51
  • sp0i

Hey,

I have problems deciding between this model and the blackberry bold 9900.
Do you know what the e-mailing experience is like ? I mean the viewing, writing, receiving emails. Is it close to a blackberry or not ?
As i know the blackberry uses some kind of special internet connection that won't use you internet all the time while receiving e-mails. Is this avaible for the Samsung galaxy s II or do i need a special kind of connection ?
I would like some feedback from some ppl that know more than i know.

Thank you.

• 2011-05-14 18:37
  • 33fx

is this device GPU(400MP) more powerful than HTC Sensation's GPU (adreno 220)?

• 2011-05-14 18:20
  • PTUn

is 400MP GPU more powerful than adreno 220?

• 2011-05-14 17:58
  • PTUn

its a ossom phone compard wit models

• 2011-05-14 17:40
  • ub69

Hy,

I'm very undecided between this model and the blackberry 9900 bold.
I don't know if this phone is good for sending and receiving e-mails and how is the writing experience.
Also i don't know if i need a special internet connection. As far as i know blackberry uses a special connection that doesn't uses your internet.
I could use some advice from some ppl that know more than i do.

• 2011-05-14 17:37
  • 33fx
Total of 24184 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.