Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to mark2jag @ 2011-05-12 08:54 from SgvH - click to readI'm assuming you've tried putting in the international dialing codes as full digits and the + method...ie: for ireland its either 00353... or +353... If this doesn't work why not download an app that allows you to send them through your online account with your international provider as most providers give you up to 500 free online txts. Btw, I'm from the Republic of Ireland and I've no bother with msgs, just make sure you're imported contacts have the correct extension

• 2011-05-12 12:09
  • myi4

> In reply to samy s2 @ 2011-05-12 11:16 from 95Hj - click to readGive us some sort of evidence to believe you or go and cry to your mama about the back cover.

• 2011-05-12 11:54
  • bJgX

> In reply to [deleted post]Dude, GSM Arena's reviews are something else! They are the only site that put a thorough review of every aspect of the phone and they are not biased like lots of other sites out there (engadget) I hate them. When I was reading their review of N8, in the first paragraph that good-for-nothing Chris wrote "forgettable 5800 and N97" well, maybe N97 was for forgettable but 5800 weren't, isn't, and won't. The goddamn phone sold 15 million worldwide. How the hell is 5800 forgettable?! I hate them. They are on Apple payroll!

GSM FTW! I should choose between this and N8 soon. I still don't know that android 2.3 support my native language (Persian) or not (N8 does)! :(

• 2011-05-12 11:34
  • pX9p

> In reply to RONALD @ 2011-05-12 11:09 from vGxT - click to readU mean DIM! Better than U 4 sure OK

• 2011-05-12 11:24
  • Tr8a

> In reply to philm @ 2011-05-11 12:28 from mX73 - click to readI had a chance to look at your fake video, nice job I have to say,
my friend tried the same think (much less force) and he could never put the back inplace,
how long you spend to make this fake video?

• 2011-05-12 11:16
  • 95Hj

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-12 10:00 from 0CD} - click to readI just want to know from the review that how this phone camera perform in low light and dark night as campared to new sony ericsion expria series which has Exmor sensors for good low light pictures and videos.

• 2011-05-12 11:09
  • vGxT

i love this phone very much....

• 2011-05-12 10:48
  • tYZq

does the number of supported apps for a android phone depends on the type of resolution it has (i.e. 240x340,
340x480,
Or
480x800

I want to buy a budget android phone which has most supported apps
Reply immediately

• 2011-05-12 10:21
  • uCrU

Hi All,

Does this phone has free GPS like how Nokia provides life time free OVI Maps? Can soomebody please comment?

Thank you.

• 2011-05-12 10:12
  • b%L6

Impression from my Galaxy S which I bought some time ago, I believe this will be really dream phone in current market. If I am not owning Galaxy S this will be my phone.

• 2011-05-12 10:10
  • mKY4

> In reply to [deleted post]Its true that there are other decent reviews on the net but GSMarena do a full in depth review such camera and sound features whereas others only scrape the surface. I can only imagine GSMarena are having difficulty getting hold of the phone or that that they are working on the mother of all reviews! Despite owning the phone I'm looking forward to their opinion on this beast!

• 2011-05-12 10:00
  • 0CD}

I've got a crush on this phone!!!... I dream about it all night and daydream about it all day. The wait is freaking me out!!

• 2011-05-12 09:59
  • vapE

I currently own iphone, though this samsung looks great.
One thing is bothering me on all samsung phones. Design of their menus, icons etc. Look at those 4 main icons: Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Applications. They look like if some 5-year old kid draw them. Did they ever look at some iphone icons? Jeez...

• 2011-05-12 09:41
  • mFmb

Except for the big and bad design, this is a good phone.

• 2011-05-12 09:24
  • up1C

> In reply to mark2jag @ 2011-05-11 19:08 from nxb% - click to readwith regrads to my previous comment about S2 not sending text messages internationally, im not stupid and have tried my sim in 4 or 5 different handsets, and they all work fine. the galaxy s2 will not send international text messages and comes up with an error message saying failed all the time. If i reset the phone completely then it will allow the sending of just one text message complete with delivery report but after the first message any further messages come back with a failed report meaning not delivered......
Incidentally UK text messaging seems unaffected. Samsung cant or wont help despite going to their head office, Phones 4u Camberley dont seem to give a damn, so unless I can get IT sorted then I'd really be ooking at getting it returned. Like i said before in the review I still rate the phone but it doesnt do what I NEED IT TO DO so therefore its NO USE TO ME!!!!!

• 2011-05-12 08:54
  • SgvH

just got this phone a couple of hours ago, first thing it is big but it feels really good in the hand. Screen is amazing and it is blazing fast. I picked up a gps signal within ten seconds and that was indoors. voice app works really well and the navigation by voice is amazing. Haven't had a chance to do much else but will post back when i've spent a day with it.

• 2011-05-12 08:30
  • TSBb

Well Well well, congrats to all the s2 users out there. you guys are lucky ones who have got it first in your country!! we here in Mid east are still waiting and hoping that it might come soon.. And to all those S2 haters out there, i guess u should sit down with samsung designers and get ur choice done :).. And please stop commenting on the back cover!!! its cool!

• 2011-05-12 08:26
  • nqdH

S2 looks just huge. Too wide and too long. Is it a phone or something between phone and tablet..?

• 2011-05-12 08:19
  • nqj2

> In reply to [deleted post]I am an iPhone 4 fan, but you are a troll. If you like iPhone 4, say good things about it in iPhone 4 section. if you dislike something in particular about SGS2, state it. But mindless trolling, neither Samsung fans, or true Apple fans appreciate. Reported you, on behalf of real Apple fans, who do not troll.

• 2011-05-12 08:08
  • mTWA

Hold off on purchasing this phone peeps... The samsung Galaxy S III comes out later this year... The specs will blow your mind!!!

• 2011-05-12 07:14
  • 4FPw
Total of 24056 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.