Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

samsung phones are designed by apple.so next model of the iphone should be different from their previous model.apple cant follow their treditional model coz its a familiar design to everyone(familiar by samsung).

• 2011-05-07 05:37
  • s8c@

i luv the phone,except the colour satauration on the display,and ui isnt that beautiful,although it is high speed in performance.gud phone.and i dont like the back side of the phone,though the front side is a copy from iphone,it looks beautiful.

• 2011-05-07 05:31
  • s8c@

> In reply to romeo @ 2011-05-07 03:06 from PNf{ - click to readhei friend,u really hate iphone.then how u could love this samsung models.bcoz it is the perfect copy of iphone.but the back side of the phone is cheep looking.

• 2011-05-07 05:23
  • s8c@

its been a week SGS2,iphone 4 white,optimus 3d,Xperia arc,optimus 3d.comes to Nepal....guess what in cheap price... only 45000-50000 Nepali rupee..
and today iam going to buy SGS2...

• 2011-05-07 05:07
  • ttwK

When Samsung Galaxy S2 ever be coming to Singapore?

Boring Samsung Singapore, everytime so slow in launching.

• 2011-05-07 04:41
  • TII%

I got it for two days. it's the best android phone atm. good camera, great call quality, very fast ui... so far everything is great!!

• 2011-05-07 04:25
  • 2GPE

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-05-06 23:29 from 0CD} - click to readKind Sir your are a 10%er ...what does that mean?? you are part of the 10% of people here who have common sense..but sadly you watch in about a day or two someone else will be saying "it has the cheap plastic back" That would equate not buying the Bugatti Veyron because the seats are not leather. But the explation you gave is on point.

• 2011-05-07 04:23
  • Y9jD

Hey guys I used the phone last night and the only word comes to my mind is AMAZINGG!!!!!

The phone is real fast and doesn't lag at all. camera is pretty cool at night as well. I could clearly see the faces in the pic.. 8MP is pretty much similar to the camera of Desire HD, but when to comes to focus and other multiple camera options, Galaxy SII camera is a like a F1 car.

Firefox works brilliantly on Android 2.3 and the flash player is quite responsive and gives you options to select the quality of display you want.

I used to hate Iphone-4.. now I hate it more!!!

Galaxy s 2, will change the way you use the phone..

A Diff experience

• 2011-05-07 03:06
  • PNf{

> In reply to sammy s2 @ 2011-05-06 16:21 from 95Hj - click to readI don't reallly care how the back looks or how slim it is. I will probably only take it off the first time i insert the battery. I have seen the unboxing videos and they say that it fits perfectly and there is no movement, so that is good enough for me. I used to have the Samsung wave and being in a metal body the phone would heat up very quickly, I think they have used this plastic back to disperse heat better that a metal case would. peace out.

• 2011-05-07 01:32
  • TSBr

please read below mentioned comment any let me know is this true what i noticed ?

• 2011-05-07 00:44
  • tUnM

after little research abt uk version and Korean one..i found tht back side of korean is not as same as uk version....battery attachment is on opposite side and in korea version sd card slot is not noticeable and little bit thicker thn uk one tht is 8.89 mm include nfc as well

• 2011-05-07 00:42
  • tUnM

> In reply to sammy s2 @ 2011-05-06 16:21 from 95Hj - click to readThe back cover is not great I admit but after having the phone for 4 days I forgot about it and appreciated the positives. I now have a gel case which covers it (and gives phone added weight which is welcome) anyway its not as if the back cover will be removed too often so its not an issue. Just because something is made of plastic does not indicate that a product is of inferior quality. Its possible that Samsung chose a plastic cover to keep it light and slim and also to help with heat dissipation as its a powerful phone. I truly hope that people don't base their buying decisions on the back cover alone as they really would be missing out big time! Peace

• 2011-05-06 23:29
  • 0CD}

I like carrot juice it tastes nice :)

• 2011-05-06 23:07
  • 3Z%c

I'm pleased to say I've had a week with both this and the Optimux 2X and that was long enough to decide which one I prefer.

To begin with, in my opinion, the O2X is built better of the two. Neither are going to win any quality awards (for that I still think the iPhone 4 sets the bar) but as a modern, well screwed together handset the O2X takes it. Unfortunately that's where LG's superiority ends. Samsung's UI feels faster, smoother and more polished. The weight is good (a bit light for me in fact), the screen is delicious and the power saving is vastly superior.

Power saving may be down to Android 2.3 (The LG ships with 2.2 with an upgrade due later) but the reason I returned the LG is that in work where reception varies between patchy and nothing, but where I can't switch to aircraft mode as I need to see the few texts that make it through, it would get worryingly hot as it tried in vain to lock on to a signal. This would not only suck the life out of the battery it would also eventually leave the handset with no network connection even when I moved into a good signal area and it would stay like that until I rebooted. Not sure if hardware or software was shutting the radio off? Add to this the occasional software freezes and two hard lock-ups and it was clear this piece of stunning hardware wasn't ready for the big time (yet). 2.3 might make it all sing but I didn't want to take that chance.

The G2S however behaves impeccably in the same situatuion (as did my iPhone 4) with no unexpected heating and no obvious battery drain either.

As for the flimsy back, if you're forever changing your memory card it might be an issue but for regular users I doubt it'd be a big deal. I'd imagine it's not too expensive to replace if it did break anyway. In fact think yourself lucky you can get into the back.
If you can get over the hype (I never deliberately look at my phone from accute angles or invite groups round to watch films, have never missed a train because my phone lagged by a few milliseconds and never pulled a muscle carrying a handset that weighed 20g more than another) then I think the Galaxy S2 is probably the best out there at this precise moment, but as we all know we'll be wanting something else in 3 months time. Excellent phone, not a new messiah.

• 2011-05-06 22:51
  • nEq0

Oooooh man,

When will it get to the US? I have been waiting for it for ever now....

• 2011-05-06 22:40
  • x4X$

> In reply to Oliver @ 2011-05-05 12:52 from 0Fg4 - click to readWhere in UK i can buy it?

• 2011-05-06 22:12
  • na0J

> In reply to Oliver @ 2011-05-05 12:52 from 0Fg4 - click to readYeah i got mine the other day, this phone is a beast...seriously..i dont think i've even scratch the surface of what it can do

• 2011-05-06 22:01
  • n5Ps

Has anyone ordered from Korea? I am interested in the Korean version which includes NFC.

Is there any difference in UK and the Korean version of Galaxy S2 apart from the presence and absence of NFC.

Any language problem in the software?

• 2011-05-06 21:37
  • u1y4

please can any body told me when dose Released samsung galaxy s 2 32gb whith nfc

• 2011-05-06 20:23
  • 3EH8

I have One question: Gorilla Glass for galaxy S2 will be Scratch-resistant surface or not?

• 2011-05-06 19:06
  • 3ChS
Total of 23762 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.