Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I don't see why they added a 1.2GHz dual-core instead of the originally planned 1GHz dual-core. The only thing the new processor is going to do is boost the price of the phone and drain the battery quicker.

I think I'll stick and wait for the Xperia Pro. It's still fast enough to do pretty much everything and it's half the price of the Galaxy S2. If I was a rich man on the other hand though...

• 2011-04-11 14:53
  • 9EbE

what will be the price of this phone ? Plz let me knw and when ll it get released ?

• 2011-04-11 13:30
  • t1}M

well, i knw we can edit / view - word/excel/ppt/pdf but i want to knw can we open a new word/excel/ppt file in SGS and SGS2??

Any1 who used it..pls reply.

• 2011-04-11 13:05
  • vGMT

Don't play us Samsung. Release the phone asap, one of my friend was waiting for it, he purchased NEO in the end, I'll wait two weeks more, if not released I'll go for ARC.

So stop this joke and release the phone.

• 2011-04-11 13:03
  • 2SUk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-11 11:40 from cerM - click to readyes i play mkv :d

• 2011-04-11 12:30
  • nvY{

> In reply to furri @ 2011-04-10 21:34 from PT2@ - click to readAre you a fool? it is a new destine, BTW i am tired off all this whining, it´s a iPhone copy.
if you focus your eyes on the pictures on the link, and compare them you shall see that there are lots of deferents. and if you watch the specs and compare them you will see that the iPhone is good phone but that it will no´t go as far as the SGS2. The SGS2 is faster have more memory and up too 32+ 32Gb compare to iPhone 32 gb only and it runs android 2.3 its a n open source code and that is beret and do not lock the phone. , and the IOS is a very boring and stiff platform if you ask me. And one thing thats a important note. is that today the phone is a personal hub for us human to communicate and interact with each other, and i thing that the prefect gone to tho this is SGS2, because it the SGS2 has it the 4 new hubs and it has customizable pages. so i think this is the best phone 2011. and forget and forget all about his iPhone killer stuff, because its silly and unnecessary, if you want to compare phones do that with what the phone can deliver not and not with appearance / design, because you want a god phone or do you?

[Samsung 9100 GS2]

[Iphone 4]

this is what the iPhone not have today

do the iPhone have flash 10.1 ?
do the iphone have full had camra (8 MP ?)
do the iPhone have 2mp front camera `?
do the iPhone have amoled + screen?
do the iPhone have HSDPA- 21 Mbps ?
do the iPhone have Bluetooth v3.0+HS ?
do the iPhone have 1.2 ghz dual core prosesor and -
Tegra 2 chip ?
do the iPhone have 1bg ram.

and so on.

BTW. I think that the next iPhone will be better that iPhone 4.
ofc it will XD.

But it will never become a price worth phone.
because when you buy a new Product, You what too pay for a good phone?.
when it comes to iPhone 40% of the price is only because it has an apple logo on its back. the logo stands for apple and thats what you cud have save you 40% to something else. why pay more when it do not give me any benefits...?

• 2011-04-11 12:29
  • nvY{

> In reply to Syth @ 2011-04-11 10:38 from 9D9V - click to readThumbs up! But I would go for sony ericsson arc instead of ~S. The price ARC is also comprehensible.

• 2011-04-11 12:15
  • MHx0

Does this phone plays MKV (Blu ray) videos directly? Whether USB on the go feature is confirmed?

• 2011-04-11 11:40
  • cerM

Come on Samsung.. Release it... Or Im gonna buy HTC Incredible S... even though the name sounds funny.. I dont mind being called the "GUY with an Incredible S".. LOL... Just freakin release it Samsung... The wait is killing me..

• 2011-04-11 10:38
  • 9D9V

> In reply to furri @ 2011-04-10 21:34 from PT2@ - click to readif it wasnt for samsung the iphone won even be out on our self as most of the parts in the iphone are from samsung as they made the part for it

• 2011-04-11 10:25
  • vxD6

All phones are excellent. Whether they are smartphones or feature phones. But I seriously don't get the point of making a phone so powerful in terms of hardware. Yes, virual ergonomics are more than just welcome. A better UI is always demanded. And its okay upto a certain level of grooming that a phone has an upcoming OS update that will speed up the UI responsiveness and add some more features and applications - for that, sqeezing up some MHz in the processor is acceptable. But look at this - 1.2 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB of RAM, a very good mobile graphics platform on a phone - "A PHONE". Many times I feel that this is really not required. Noob phone brands are trying to create new bars in perfomance benchmarks and trying to satisfy their noob supporters who dont even buy them. I do gadgets research and I just recently got an LG Optimus 2X. I already have a PSP system, an iPhone 4, a Dell XPS laptop and a very powerful desktop PC. I never use the PSP or the LG phone for gaming. I can do spreadsheets on the laptop and play really graphic demanding games on the desktop. The only reason I got LG was because I could browse internet on the go and listen to some music when I dont carry the laptop along, and ofcourse calling. It is great for that and seriously a much cheaper feature phone is also good at it (infact better in the calling department).
A phone can never be a laptop and a laptop can never be a phone and perhaps this is what the companies should know. Let it be Apple, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, LG, they are all doing good but going in the wrong direction (making a phone into a mobile computer just like a laptop). This is what a smartphone should really not be. If it has to be, lower the price so people can buy and stop thinking of it a luxurious royal king's hereditary dining table. There is really no need of such an expensive smartphone with nuclear reactor hardware components inside when it cannot replace a laptop of the same price. I know that I am going to get a lot of negative comments on this, but really think about it - is it really required or am I the only fool around here?

• 2011-04-11 09:56
  • utKW

Also, its good to point out that the guys up there in Google and Apple, don't really hate each other as much as you guys down here. The following is from a book about Google:

"According to the Daily Mail, when Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page were on the hunt for a new CEO, their top choice was Apple's Jobs. When Jobs declined, Google instead found Eric Schmidt, who would become a member of Apple's board of directors.

"He (Jobs) turned down their offer, but because he saw the potential of Google he agreed to mentor Mr. Page and Mr. Brin, even sharing advisers," the report said."

C'mon guys, if you hated a company as a rival so much, would you ask the leader to become your leader?

Imagine if Megatron said 'I hate that Optimus Prime so much, I think my new strategy is to make him.... Leader of the Decepticons!!! I'm brilliant!"

Don't take this stuff too seriously guys, its just mobile phones.

• 2011-04-11 07:24
  • mTWB

See the top of Galaxy S2 in This Pic :

and tell me does it have Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic ?!!!

• 2011-04-11 07:21
  • k9Za

Please be clear that using a component made by a company, does not make that copying. So if Korea ran out of plastic, and had to buy plastic from Chna to make the Galaxy 2, they copied a China design?

Design is design, components are components. Feel free to take sides, choose whatever side you like, but both sides please use common sense.

Ok, back to the argument guys heh heh.

• 2011-04-11 07:18
  • mTWB

See the top of Galaxy S2 in This Pic : http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/revi...rena_018.jpg

and tell me does it have Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic ?!!!

• 2011-04-11 07:16
  • k9Za

Hey guys dnt fight let it came ist in the market then we will discuss abt its pros and cons.dont complaint abt its resoultion dnt forget sammy using world class super amoled plus screen.i m using wave and s.amoled is just amazing and i m damn sure s.amoled plus will b double amazing it has 50% more sub pixel than s.amoled

• 2011-04-11 06:35
  • wdM6

> In reply to furri @ 2011-04-10 21:34 from PT2@ - click to readthe iphone has a samsung processor

• 2011-04-11 06:23
  • jxIp

hehehe... i thought no SAMSUNG name at the front unit. so cute and simple with no samsung name front only at the back cover. i am discourage to buy it now!!!

• 2011-04-11 06:05
  • t7si

please release this phone already..

• 2011-04-11 05:45
  • vpH5
Total of 23832 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.