Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I really hope the next ULTIMATE S II will bring,Wide Screen 5"(16:9) , 1920 X 1080.res fullHD,Hyper real Engine, Hcneycomb,Stronger DUAL CORE, RAM 2 GB DDR2,ROM 2 GB,32 GB internal,64 GB external memory.HDMI Port,Video (1920x1080) FullHD,Bang&Olufsen sound system,Dolby Digital,Tru Surround sound,DTS.No matter howmuch money,I must spend to catch it.DRAVO SAMSUNG.

• 2011-04-13 06:15
  • KipF

> In reply to Mninoni @ 2011-04-11 01:18 from 012q - click to readHow long before we see screen burn-in and deterioration with this Super AMOLED Plus? 6 months? 480 hours on the blue OLED with a fixed image?

It's unbelievable how Samsung and everyone else advertise how the black levels is so rich and how the colors are vibrant, yet they don't speak of the screen lifespan.

Don't tell me to set the brightness to the lowest, to turn the screen off asap and not leave it on too much. If I'm paying a premium price for such a phone, I want it to use it at the best setting and however I want without having to worry the screen colors washing out or whatever deterioration within less than a year.

I'll wait for the inventory of its Super AMOLED Plus stock depleting and get the version equipped with SLCD (if there isn't a better phone available), so still on the quest to find a new phone.

VERY GOOD POINT
CAN ANYONE ANSWER THAT ?

• 2011-04-13 05:11
  • vGxP

ROM???

• 2011-04-13 04:32
  • t4vH

> In reply to Smat @ 2011-04-12 23:14 from 0CD} - click to readexcellent point dude

• 2011-04-13 04:13
  • 8yTr

> In reply to Momino @ 2011-04-12 00:40 from 012q - click to readPlease buy a Chinese phone with multiple LED and Speakers, possibly they are coming with subwoofers with a phone too...but please dont expect these sort of stuffs from nice brands...:)

• 2011-04-13 04:13
  • 957d

Galaxy S2 will sure conquer the market of year 2011,if the poisoness apple not plan to release their new iphone in this year.

2.I hope Samsung better be focus on what material that they use to build their phone because people starting to feel sick about to buy a crappy material device.

• 2011-04-13 03:31
  • tug}

I wish/ dream / hope to buy this amazing one. It's almost the best mobile phone ever. Formerly I thought Samsung i997 Infuse 4G is better but now I have just realised - despite the smaller display size a fifth inch - still it has greater specifications.
On the other hand, after seeing this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q....C3.97240.29 I'm really surprised to discover a resolution of about 37 Megapixels, while the highest one is for Nokia N8 which is only 12. Therefore, I'm longing for seeing better specifictions, especially that I need a larger display to read more comfortably, let's say more than 5 inches and less than 7 inches. As a conclusion I'm going to suggest some of the dreamt of future specifications which may appear in markets after 2020, and then you may REMEMBER ME :)
THE FUTURE SPECIFICATIONS I DREAM OF ARE:
-37 MP Camera
-1 TB memory, with a cardslot accepting up to 200 GBs.
-1000 hrs standby, 100 talking or playing music
-UHD video (Ultra HD)

In your opinion, mates, when can Samsung manufacture mobile phones with such specifications?

• 2011-04-13 03:30
  • ft0w

> In reply to Momino @ 2011-04-12 00:40 from 012q - click to read"1 speaker? Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass." HAHAHA never mind all the other spec, he complains about only 1 speaker. must be an only child, and a poor one too if he can't afford a good set of BT earbuds.

• 2011-04-13 00:55
  • pmKZ

People i really need to know the audio/music quality of this phone. Anyone???

• 2011-04-13 00:36
  • 4Fmy

> In reply to Momino @ 2011-04-12 00:40 from 012q - click to readwhat the hell are you talking about you want colorful led for miss call you should buy silly Chinese phone it has this capability and you should visit doctor to see
your eyes because you did not seen the specification of galaxy sII well

• 2011-04-12 23:59
  • smX9

It doesn't look like an idiot-phone anyway. idiot-phones have huge black spaces between the screen and the top/bottom of the phone due to the pointless non wide screen. Add to the fact that this phone isn't a piece of crap like the idiot-phone and any comparsions between them become meaningless

• 2011-04-12 23:21
  • myIW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-12 07:15 from mTWB - click to readSo u say it looks like the iPhone Yawn. What's ur argument does that make it bad in some way? It looks similar to an iPhone so Samsung is taking a bite of the apple a bit like apple taking a bite out of Nokia most people couldn't give a toss. Everyone copies each other from hairstyles to phone design so we can talk about it until the cows come home. As long as its a good phone then its no big deal. We are talking about form factor and lots of companies make products that appear to be the same shape. Its a bit like saying my LG flatscreen tv looks like my Sony flatscreen.Give me a break!

• 2011-04-12 23:14
  • 0CD}

> In reply to sticky back PLASTIC @ 2011-04-12 17:34 from MWD9 - click to readDont really understand what you are saying.

• 2011-04-12 23:09
  • 3x8G

Hi Guys,

Can any one tell. How is the multimedia part of this phone. And when can we expect this phone to be launched in India ?

Any input will be appreciated.

Regards

• 2011-04-12 19:52
  • Mehn

> In reply to Prateek Gupta @ 2011-04-12 18:19 from vI99 - click to readAs the song goes 2 outta 3 ain't bad
1Gb isn't enough storage that is why there is an 8Gb card
second only HSPDA 900/2100 not a world phone

"Also in the benchmark tests, SGS2 lagged behind Optimus 2x." this really benefits gamers and LG 2X was only marginally better.

the reason I cut+pasted you comments is the 1.2Ghz was a recent addition per comments.
the so called lag was when tested against the 1Ghz so are you using old data ?

• 2011-04-12 19:49
  • IaHa

Some things that i am concerned about:
1)HTC sensation has adreno 220 GPU and i guess it's better than SGS2's mali 400 or even Nvidia's Geforce as adreno 205 is already renowned and tested. Also in the benchmark tests, SGS2 lagged behind Optimus 2x.

2)But SGS2 on the other hand has more internal storage(useful since many applications still cannot be moved to the SD) and RAM as compared to sensation.

3)SGS2 has a better battery(suitable for sustaining seveal battery draining operations).

Would appreciate your opinions in this regard

• 2011-04-12 18:19
  • vI99
  • sticky back PLASTIC
  • Rating0

> In reply to Mfk @ 2011-04-12 16:09 from 3Cgv - click to readThe specs are out and here is the comparison which I do not have to add to.

We have the same argument statement touted again & again what I can say is that in my opinion SAMSUNG used plastic for its qualities ESPECIALLY STRENGHT WHILST BEING LIGHT
I guess the use of AL does add grammes to a phone.
BTW i see more and more smartphones with some sort of protection e.g silicone skins etc
The only time I and others SGS II future owners know of the plastic body is when others remind us.
and in fairness GORILLA GLASS & PLASTIC
Only 2 defectors (brothers I understand) so far to other brands... SLIM & NONE
what am I looking at again ??

• 2011-04-12 17:34
  • MWD9

This phone is a dream come true....... The only thing it would need to be the ultimate phone is a qHD display (960x540).... Other than that, Super Amoled plus screen, 21 Mbps modem, 4.2 Inch Display and HD cameras... sign me up!

• 2011-04-12 17:27
  • 43pi

wht abt battery life does it stays long for 2 days using all appls like gps,sync,web browsing

• 2011-04-12 17:23
  • wp2K

Yes seems that HTC Sensation (a.k.a. Pyramid) is a good phone, but it is still a question if it will have a better specifications than Galaxy S II.

(ACCORDING TO THE LATEST NEWS)

1) Galaxy S II has Super AMOLED Plus screen while HTC Sensaion has only S-LCD screen.
2) Galaxy S II has 1 GB RAM while HTC Sensaion has only 768 MB RAM.
3) Galaxy S II has 1650 mAh battery while HTC Sensaion has only 1520 mAh battery.

Waiting for final releases and Samsung Galaxy S II vs HTC Sensation: Head to head. :)

• 2011-04-12 16:53
  • 0xM5
Total of 23912 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.