Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I am from Samsung Korea, specifically the factory for AMOLED. And we are in the prototype of the next screen for the super phone (not smart phone). This Super Phone will be a 3D capable phone sporting a 4.5 Ultra AMOLED. Ultra AMOLED is: a very thin flexible screen with 640x960 resolutions. It has a Light absorbing technology in which the more it is exposed to direct sunlight, the more it is very readable (Mirasol display?), and it has 900 nits of brightness but lesser battery consumption. The screen is still in prototype but it will surely be the BEST BEAST!

• 2011-04-14 08:03
  • t7T9

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-04-13 16:12 from Ydg} - click to readYeap.. I wil wait till May Mid.. let me see how much it cost.. when it comes live...!

• 2011-04-14 08:02
  • v}gV

Hey..
Is the SD card can be support hot unpluged/pluged ?
What about the audio quality ??
what about the quality of the back ?
thx

• 2011-04-14 07:41
  • mZQI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-14 04:31 from 4QRF - click to readLol I re-read what I wrote, and yup sounds like I said that, my bad. What I meant was Steve Jobs was their first choice. Good catch.

My point remains tho, we dont really need to be at each others throats. Just cos I like Apple doesn't mean I can't like Android too right? Just cos I like Apple, do I HAVE to hate Android? And vice versa.

• 2011-04-14 07:14
  • 3x8G

1. Playing .mkv (Blu ray)/.avi files directly?
2. Whether 32 GB internal is confirmed in India?
3. USB on the go?
4. HDMI port
5. Call recording option
6. Using LED flash as Torch functionality
7. Video ringtones support
8. Y it is not designed to support 3D as like LG Optimus 3D
9. Does it have similar audio effect like Sony mobiles [Arc etc]?

• 2011-04-14 06:59
  • cerM

THIS PHONE IS INSANE in BENCHMARKING !!!

• 2011-04-14 05:26
  • vG0@
  • Rating0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-14 04:31 from 4QRF - click to readI missed that part. :P

• 2011-04-14 04:58
  • IDkH

> In reply to amyr @ 2011-04-13 06:15 from KipF - click to readYour suggestion is great, however, how about having a look at my own suggestions which were posted one day almost before yours?

• 2011-04-14 04:46
  • ft0k

Released date on UK is April 27. Look the link...

"This item is due to be released on April 27, 2011."

I hope to be available in US on May...because I'ill be there.

• 2011-04-14 04:43
  • PjxY

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-04-14 03:56 from Y9jD - click to readI completely agree except it might rise when this mean machine is released! I can't wait!!

• 2011-04-14 04:33
  • 4QRF

> In reply to The Ex-Nokia Fanboy @ 2011-04-14 02:33 from IDkH - click to readEven if that's true it is not technically what was stated below. The statement was that steve needs a job was hired and that apple and google were together. Not they wanted needs a job and had a former employee....

• 2011-04-14 04:31
  • 4QRF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-14 01:04 from 4QRF - click to readListen I will be happy when the interest is Zero... that will mean we all finally have the phone!!!

• 2011-04-14 03:56
  • Y9jD
  • Rating0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-14 01:07 from 4QRF - click to readIt's true. Google almost hired Steve Jobs as their CEO back in 2000 and Google's Eric Schmidth sat as a member of Board of Directors at Apple.

• 2011-04-14 02:33
  • IDkH

Hi guys the samsung Galaxy S2 comes with 2 years of warranty so you can get replacement under warranty. Well people like me change the handset after every 6-8 months and thats the longest I can used iphone4

• 2011-04-14 01:50
  • 2GQ6

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-14 00:30 from 0xM5 - click to readInstead of repeating the so called evidence which you have confirmed are part 99% INVENTION 100% speculation as to %, DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS SOURCE WHICH DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR CASE? Not one reported instance in the I9000 forum anywhere, or r u just going to the facts that disprove your case. Try not point us to this link again. product A has a problem B has same component. ergo link.

• 2011-04-14 01:47
  • SgvH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-13 19:59 from 3x8G - click to readBwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! And where did you read that? On the forum of a apple fanboys post who wished apple could be android?

• 2011-04-14 01:07
  • 4QRF

Wow! All the way back up to 90%! Amazing! What if it goes up to more than before! Samsung is amazing! I can't wait for this champion beast!

• 2011-04-14 01:04
  • 4QRF

> In reply to husu @ 2011-04-13 23:34 from nfPG - click to readThat is a bunch bs! After 6 months to a year all amoled experiance burn???? What kind of crack pot are you! And it's not like amoled is the only one with screen defects... and infact a slightly higher rate of burn in and maybe not quite the life span of lcd is it. Everything else is a complete advantage. Brighter and more vibrant, less space, less energy consumption(except in complete white), better sunlight visibility, the only type of screen that displays true black, it does not need a back light, and 180 degree viewing angles.

• 2011-04-14 01:03
  • 4QRF

> In reply to joonius @ 2011-04-13 23:56 from qbYL - click to readYes, I agree with you. I understand that maybe I was to fast talking about %, I just came across this oppinion when I have visited some forums ( talking not only about this vote: http://www.mysamsungwave.com/i...topic=2988.0 ).
Anyway, according to this vote and all these Google results, we can make an conclusion - Yes there is such problem like a AMOLED screen "Burn-In" effect and it is not so rare case.

P.S. "Gorilla Glass" has nothing to do with "Burn-In" effect.

• 2011-04-14 00:30
  • 0xM5
  • Rating0

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-13 19:42 from 0xM5 - click to readI have a faint burn on my SGS Captivate but it's really hard to notice and it won't stop me from buying another Galaxy S. It's the AM/PM on the upper right hand of the status bar that left a burn. However, this issue isn't as big as the one found on the Nokia N8, C7.

Nokia and their fanboys don't want to get things out of hand so they deleted many pages on the thread with regards to this purple screen defect/problem. What I have below is a cached image of the thread and you'll notice that it's 82 pages long.

Now it's down to 17 pages after someone removed most of the posts.

Cover up? XD

Anyways, back on topic, the link below shows the very faint burn I have on the upper right hand of my SGS Captivate. View it on full resolution and you can see what I'm talking about.

• 2011-04-14 00:28
  • IDkH
Total of 24003 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.