Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Really... @ 2011-04-15 08:26 from PGHH - click to readBe carefull, Atrix it's very good phone even if they is not 8MP or Gingerbread still Atrix make nice pictures, record HD video will even record at 1080 after update.

Talking about update Atrix will get Gingerbread too and that not a problem.

But there is other featuring that Atrix have but missing on the Galaxy S2:

* Bionic Fingerprint
* qHD Display
* Battery 1930mAh
* Laptop Dock
* Multi Media Dock

For this Atrix is special although Galaxy S2 have more power.

* Dual core 1.2Ghz
* Super Am display
* 16/32GB
* 8MP at the back and 2MP front.
* Thin 8mm

For me it is difficult to see the winner late see how both will perform in the market.

BRAVO! Samsung. Very good phone.

• 2011-04-15 12:33
  • fje@

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-04-15 02:03 from Y9jD - click to readYou know when you need to get the info needed you're tied up. UK may have a smaller number of handsets but we have do have a higher proportion of smartphones users overall and more people % wise with more than one handset. We also have a only 5 'similar' sized networks all of which have HSPDA 3G+. The last article I read on this commented on the fact that the US is catching up but will be a with its sppreciation of smartphones as some carriers are not 3G even 384Kbps. So UK networks are more likely to have this item on contract handset part subsidised whereas US not which means in order to get this purchased sim free. At the time if reading e.g none of the US had 3G video calling, so things may have changed a bit but we in the UK do love our smartphones.

• 2011-04-15 12:00
  • SgvH

> In reply to i love SE @ 2011-04-15 07:12 from s8cF - click to readSony devices look quite nice I'll agree to that, but only that. If you have noticed, Samsung engineers very well. They do produce the thinnest and the lightest mobile devices and this is considered designing well. How can the leading company not spend "a lot of time" designing? Plain looks are great in my opinion, it suits the power very well. The extremely thin profile gives you the option to use a case and still keep it thin.

Good designs will obviously show itself again and again. SGSI had a great success and one of the reasons was thin and light design. No doubt they will reuse them over and over again. Samsung did repeat in producing the best hardware specification to be precise. No they did not repeat the specs, they very much doubled the spec they used on Galaxy S. I don't think people will be angry with the power of this phone.

WTF is headphone quality?... They give you nice headphones? I don't even...

You made it clear that you love Sony, but don't come to a Samsung page with half-ass knowledge on mobile devices and expect not to get your insensible comment criticized by people who know what they're talking about. Only makes Sony fans look bad.

• 2011-04-15 11:50
  • qbYL

> In reply to little taker @ 2011-04-15 04:18 from LC6x - click to readYou my frnd are one of ur own kind! You are comparing Galaxy S with Galaxy S2? and saying Galaxy S2 is stupid?! :D

• 2011-04-15 08:34
  • vIYF

> In reply to Hunky @ 2011-04-14 09:39 from tYVx - click to readWell... lets see if TFT can beat Super Amoled Plus. Oh.. btw, It's running 2.3 gingerbread... not like the Atrix 2.2 Froyo...... lets see... further more... This has 8MP while Atrix has a common 5mp... What else... lalala... ah... It is much more slimmer and has .3 in. more than the Atrix... What do you say them apples...

• 2011-04-15 08:26
  • PGHH

galaxy s2 or xperia arc. which one has a better camera?

• 2011-04-15 08:17
  • t}gs

Is it possible to put different wallpapers for different home screens on android?

• 2011-04-15 08:13
  • t}gs

in reply to grewsober. Hey frnd samsung phones are packed full of specs.but they forget to spend time on their design.they hav such a bad design.people attracted in gud design.bt sonyericson gave importance to their design.SE is so userfriendly.and people like the camera performance and userinterface and especially the headphone quality.samsung repeats their specs and design again and again.this makes people angry.

• 2011-04-15 07:12
  • s8cF

SAMSUNG GALAXY S
II NOT COMING TIL
Q3
Worth Reading?
-5 [7 votes]
This doesn’t sound good. I know
good things come to those that
wait, but these are very crucial
times and everyone has been
pushing hard to get the latest
and greatest out in terms of
android phones. According to
some new information the
Samsung Galaxy S II wont see a
launch til at least Q3. This is not
good news, but then again they
are working with all carries and
will probably launch on Verizon,
T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint just
like the first phone. So that
might be part of the delay, that
and building enough CPU’s.
According to Mobilesyrup during
the Nexus S launch event this
morning he had a quick
conversation with Samsung VP
Paul Brennan about the Galaxy S
II we all know and love, I mean
look at its quadrant score.
Brennan mentioned that the
incredibly thin and light device
(meaning the SGSII) was still in
carrier negotiations, and that it
should be released in Canada
sometime in early Q3.
There was no talk about pricing
but we can expect the usual
$199 with new contract here in
the states. Oh, and the last bit of
news is probably the biggest
part for us in the States, and
where this news starts to go
south. VP Brennan stated that
Canada might beat the United
States in releasing this device. So
that means we possibly wont
see the Galaxy S II til Q3 or even
later. I sure hope he is wrong,
for our sakes, and Samsung.
[via MobileSyrup]
RELEVANT ENTRIES:

• 2011-04-15 06:43
  • fj6N

> In reply to [deleted post]I recommend you not to buy it, As i have SGS already,
cos it's make me fell not holding an expensive phone at all comparing to other htc or iphone (cos of plastic) body...

I also live in Cambodia.. ;-)

• 2011-04-15 06:00
  • uCv$

> In reply to Hunky @ 2011-04-14 09:39 from tYVx - click to readboth galaxy s ii & atrix are super phones .

• 2011-04-15 04:18
  • 7qE1

hey guy's witch one is better the i9000 or the s2 i dont like the s2 is stupid but the camera is a 8mp so can you help me should i buy the i9000 or the s2
thankx

• 2011-04-15 04:18
  • LC6x

You know what ... I am not going to even comment..because this is just adding to my already day

• 2011-04-15 03:27
  • Y9jD

India and UK getting the Exynos 1.2ghz SGSII model.. I am just curious as to why the UK gets the release before North America snd is s smaller market??

• 2011-04-15 02:03
  • Y9jD

Please let the new galaxy tab have this exynos cpu

• 2011-04-15 00:13
  • Rbqd

Why is it that so many people hate samsung? I am a new samsung fan and I've been getting some scrutiny from Sony Ericsson fans. I must admit that I used to be a big Sony Ericsson fan before but never did I lambast anyone who's a fan of other phone manufacturing brand. Kindly check these links: http://www.facebook.com/#!/son..._comment,and http://www.facebook.com/#!/Xpe...303669991872

• 2011-04-14 22:13
  • PB1v
  • The Ex-Nokia Fanboy
  • Rating0

> In reply to hotchocolate @ 2011-04-14 21:42 from wc6x - click to readThat 3053 is stock. Imagine the score when it gets rooted. Btw, anyone knows if the SGS2 is still on RFS or is it now on EXT4?

• 2011-04-14 22:01
  • IDkH

3053 on benchmark =( My overclocked 1.5Ghz Desire Z only scored with 2065.. And that's the difference between single core and dual core processor..

• 2011-04-14 21:42
  • wc6x
Total of 24056 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.