Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I would like to get my hand on this galaxy s2,when will it arrive in the U.S or where can i get this phone. thank you

• 2011-04-19 05:42

Release date in Russia is May 18
Version is Super AMOLED+, 1.2Ghz

• 2011-04-19 02:26
  • mhJQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-18 05:38 from eeIH - click to readYeah indeed -- but my concern is with the Tegra...we all know its going to be in North America ..and these bench marks for the Tegra were not preproduction..Does anyone know 100% is the Tegra Chip 1ghz or is there a chance for 1.2ghz (maybe lie to me to make me feel better) or even if there is a chance that the Exynos may be here in North America??

• 2011-04-18 20:03
  • Ydg}

come on samsung! fullhd video with aac 16khz audio?!

• 2011-04-18 19:40
  • 3Irt

I cannot wait for this ground breaking beastly machine! I just hope that the us version does not come tegra and super lcd as well. I will definitely have to buy import than, which there is nothing wrong with. I was just hoping we would get the cool stuff. I believe the super lcd is a for sure rumor, but the Tegra chipset has been confirmed.....

• 2011-04-18 18:58
  • 4QRF

i am going to buy without any question and for me its a iphone 4 killer.

• 2011-04-18 18:41
  • fCSX
  • sticky back PLASTIC
  • Rating0

> In reply to QUALITY @ 2011-04-18 17:15 from niHx - click to readMe I am 100% with this earlier post which I cut & pasted

"I never really understand questions like this. Indicates laziness, or a desire to start an argument. Lastly, if someone actually answered "Acer!" or "Samsung!" would you rush out and buy it?

To remedy this, if you want to ask a question between two phones, please make the question more relevant, and include a bit more detail. Otherwise, go to the specs page, and just do a comparison yourself."

I add also this. How is it possible that the shortlist comprises only the premium smartphones!
Instead of looking for the features you require in the phone and picking the one that suits you best, it has to have everything.
There was a time when phone were connected to walls now we have to connect them to TV's

At this level there are no "wrong" decisions, if these are "equivalent" (he is the undecided not me )then pick one. you still have to access calendar, phonebook, www, apps etc, they are just done differently on each.

There has to be one thing that your final pick above the others.
What model has the functions you need.

sometimes you see a phone and that is it for me it was the the SGS II how do I know simple
the compare function loaded SGS II, compared it against phone "B"
SGS II was no longer there just phone "B"
that when I knew SGS II does not share the stage!

On mistakes: a mistake is when you write reams & reams on the relases date of the SGS II and get it wrong that a mistake!

• 2011-04-18 18:03
  • MWD9

@GSMARENA
Hi guys can some one please clarify the NFC option
because gsmarena says optional in the specs and on the samsung site here (just scroll down a bit)

*THICKNESS OF THE DEVICE IS DIFFERENT WITH/WITHOUT NFC

so are SAMOLED+ devices geting it and SLCD not getting it or not or will there be an extra battery cover with NFC chip inside someone please explain to me
Thanks

• 2011-04-18 17:42
  • fvB@

will this be rooted

• 2011-04-18 17:22
  • u1tu

im thinking of motorola AXTRIX, Galaxy s2 and HTC sensation. Which one would yo uchoose? which developer has a better quality in building? seems like these are pretty the same motroall has a good battery, i had nokia, never used any of the developers, so id like to know opinions about th quility of the devices? (manufatures) which one brings better quality?
or mabe i should wait for iphone 5 (which will be very expensive and probably i wont be able to buy it)
Thank you very much!

• 2011-04-18 17:15
  • niHx

> In reply to Godwin @ 2011-04-18 14:15 from PTic - click to readRAM stands for Random Access Memory. So 512mb of ram will be used to have multiple applications open at the same time. The more ram you have, the more applications you can have running in the same time without experiencing any lag on your phone.

ROM, on the other hand, stands for Read Only Memory, and is a type of memory that you can't access and is used in the factory to store your OS. 512MB of RAM and 512MB of ROM are two different memories. You should only take into consideration, most of the time, the amount of RAM you have which is 512MB in your case.

Hope this helps!

• 2011-04-18 16:09

Hope this helps!

• 2011-04-18 16:09
  • p7Kt

Some mobile phone has specification like 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM. What does it mean? what is the actual RAM?? 512 + 512 =1GB or its Just 512 MB RAM. What is the significance of 512 MB ROM??? Please tell...

• 2011-04-18 14:15
  • PTic

torn between HTC and samsung

• 2011-04-18 13:33
  • vGFW

> In reply to Russel @ 2011-04-18 08:49 from PTic - click to readPretty much what was said.... Absolutely Galaxy S2.
The only thing on the Iconia better is the 4.8inch screen with 1024x480 resolution and that it has two speakers.
Galaxy has faster cpu and dual core, much more powerful gpu, super amoled plus, 8.49mm compared to 13.6mm, 1080p over 720p more battery, more wifi channels, gorrila glass, more memory, more ram, and so on and on and on.

• 2011-04-18 11:34
  • eeyx

> In reply to Russel @ 2011-04-18 10:08 from PTic - click to readIf you take a look at the comparison between the new Samsug Galaxy S2 and Acer Iconia Smart, the only "better specs" I can see that the Acer has got over the Samsung is the larger screen size and resolution. Imo, a 4.7inch screen which makes the phone a total of 142mm long is too much for a phone to hold it comfortably in ur palm.

On the other hand the Samsung has got better internal memory (16/32GB compared with 8GB), better RAM (1GB compared with 512MB), much better CPU (1.2GHZ DUAL CORE compared with 1GHZ Scorpion SINGLE CORE), better video capture (1080p vs 720p), much better display (Super AMOLED Plus compared with TFT) and a larger battery (1650mAh compared with 1500mAh). Furthermore the Samsung has got NFC and a Gorilla Glass display.

However if I were you, I would wait for both phones to be released since both of them are going to released sometime in April/ May and then compare them. However I should add that if both phones cost the same amount of money, I would go for the Samsung Galaxy S2 without any doubt, but that's just me =)

• 2011-04-18 10:32
  • p7Kt

> In reply to Russel @ 2011-04-18 10:08 from PTic - click to readSamsung Galaxy SII is the better smartphone of the two. First of all the Acer iconia smart is bigger and thicker. I don t see myself carrying a phone of 141mm long, but that's just me. Further more imo, the 4.3inch screen size of samsung is the perfect size. 4.7 inch of the acer is enormously large. Other than the screen size and of course the resolution, the Samsung Galaxy S2 has better specs.

The Samsung has got more internal memory (16/32GB compared with 8GB), more ram (1GB compared with 512mb), much better cpu (1.2GHZ DUAL CORE compared with 1GHZ Scorpion SINGLE CORE), better video capture (1080p compared with 720p) and most important of all better display (Super AMOLED plus compared with TFT)

Apart from the larger screen size which I don't really like cause imo 4.7 is too big for a phone, the Samsung Galaxy S2 is without any doubt the better phone. However since both are going to be released in April/May,I suggest you wait a bit for both of them to get released and compare them then =)

• 2011-04-18 10:22
  • p7Kt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-18 09:18 from mTWB - click to readBoth are highly costly Mobiles.I wont bother if i am going to buy mobile phone of 20K. But these 2 phones costs around 40k and acer costs around 45K.So have to be little careful,inorder not waste the money.I opt for Acer iconia smart.But before that,wanna get some opinions. Both have almost similar specifications.Acer has bigger screen with Dolby speakers.I have been following Acer Iconia smart for a very long time.But suddenly i read about this Samsung Galaxy II. NOw a little confused. May be GSMARENA experts can clearly Suggest.

• 2011-04-18 10:08
  • PTic
Total of 24183 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.