Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

guys i am looking at changing my phone. I had been using the Nokia E71 for about 2 years now and was reviewing some phone any suggestions on the new ones on the block? My usage includes email, browsing and running the office communicators online.

• 2011-04-16 07:27
  • vGiB

sgs2 has hdmi or without hdmi? Sonyericsson,motorola,nokia,htc got hdmi for a new device, how about sgs2? Where is hdmi?

• 2011-04-16 07:14
  • t7X2

> In reply to [deleted post]obviously - he is already there

• 2011-04-16 05:43
  • Y9jD

I don't want wait it any more time.. I think it coming soon.

• 2011-04-16 04:16
  • PWaw

480x800 ? Common ... I am Atrix user and today I saw nexus S on Bestbuy and it looked so grainy compared to my phone.Now 4.3 inches and same res.?

• 2011-04-16 03:16
  • kZi3

> In reply to sunny @ 2011-04-16 02:03 from IxLN - click to readThat's standard procedure dude. You have to root a Galaxy phone and install a lag fix and this Galaxy crap 2 is no different. If you don't know how to hack or root then stay away from this phone. Good thing there are better alternatives to this phone like the Nokia N8 and E7. Both will work suprb right out of the box and you don't have to root them and install a lag fix. Give the N8 and E7 a try and you will be happier and you'll be able to do more.

• 2011-04-16 02:09
  • kJX3

having used samsung i9000 galaxy s before...i want to ask will this need to be rooted to work right? will this need lag fix? since that experience, i went to HTC. but this sure looks like a very good device. i want to also ask...will this take a minute or to boot up? anyone?

• 2011-04-16 02:03
  • IxLN

> In reply to Dante @ 2011-04-15 20:21 from j4Ap - click to readI do tune in daily just to catch up. This is a post I wish I could find more of on a daily basis. There are others of course you read when you end up learning something that you did not before, this post is one such SUBLIME. 'Linked' my Nokia & Samsung user guides as both these approach it differently. THANKS. @ Anon ymous re N8 this was a phone I considered however the Nokia changed the battery to a non user changeable so meant carrying a charger & not a spare. Reliability issues with the N8 factored in my decision not to "go Nokia". But just 1 example of 'practicality' re SGS2 Atrix say Samsung decided to include a spare battery a thing Nokia could not do, so I would still have that worry with the N8. Even with the N8 12Mp camera the phone the other choices are other dual core phones

• 2011-04-16 01:30
  • SgvH

> In reply to [deleted post]NOKIA N8 doesn't have such technical specifications as SAMSUNG Galaxy S II...

• 2011-04-16 00:09
  • 0xM5

um, good review, great pity about the SD card...

and you still have no clue about how long the battery lasts???????

• 2011-04-16 00:05
  • 3GUu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-15 20:06 from nQeC - click to readNo, you are wrong, their support it, just not all TV's can charge device (in our case mobile phone).

• 2011-04-15 20:42
  • 0xM5

> In reply to April12th @ 2011-04-15 18:40 from IaHa - click to readThe expandable microSD card needs to be "mounted" when it is used, and "unmounted" from the system before it is removed to prevent possible damages to the hardware. However, users forget to "unmount" before they pull out the card, so Samsung made it hardwarecally impossible to pull out while the battery is attached.

• 2011-04-15 20:21
  • j4Ap

Hi,

Just take care while you are thinking of giving output to tv via MHL port.
current tvs dont support it and you will end up buying convertors. I say HDMI port still better option. See link

• 2011-04-15 20:06
  • nQeC

gsmarena have previewed this phone again called second encounter
what is new to me is this on page 2

"Underneath the battery cover you can see the microSD card slot, the SIM compartment and the 1650 mAh battery. The microSD card is unfortunately not hot-swappable. Surprisingly, the SIM card is."

why make the simcard hot-swappable? any technally minded have an answer why they have chosen this route
thanks

• 2011-04-15 18:40
  • IaHa

This seems like a great phone; I am hopeful that a version with T-Mobile USA bands become available soon; would be great if it had AT&T and T-Mobile bands like the G2X. However, the main point that I wanted to make is regarding the lack of a dedicated camera button. I prefer buttons, but it doesn't seem too many manufacturers include that in their design (I can only think of Sony Ericsson at the moment). There is an app that will let you choose certain hardware keys to take a picture. The app is called Camera Zoom FX. You can choose the volume up/down button or any other hardware key (except the power button) to take pictures. It also lets you take a picture by just tapping anywhere on the screen. There are PLENTY of other photo options as well. It costs just under $5 in the market. Just thought I'd share...

• 2011-04-15 18:17
  • Mi8%

> In reply to [deleted post]It is wrong place for such questions.

• 2011-04-15 16:20
  • 0xM5

ive heard this is a ginger bread phone. i love gingerbread men

• 2011-04-15 16:19
  • M3s@

> In reply to joonius @ 2011-04-15 11:50 from qbYL - click to readDude you need to stop replying to those post or you will end up angry like me...luckily tonight is drink night after work ..that helps!!

• 2011-04-15 16:13
  • Ydg}

> In reply to Really... @ 2011-04-15 08:26 from PGHH - click to readsamsung S2... hdmi port???

• 2011-04-15 15:36
  • 8CUD

> In reply to Droid Terminator @ 2011-04-15 12:33 from fje@ - click to readThe Atrix is a SUPERB phone and is beats my currunt smartphone easily even with just a 5Mp camera. Marginal differences r not enogh to make me change my mind and there is more on just this list of pros. I have not checked but as I understand it the fingerprint reader shuts you out completely so not even emergency calls which could be problematic. Again Galaxy S2 fan so I don't see this as an alternative choice in my case even though it probably beats 90-95 % of handset released

• 2011-04-15 14:44
  • SgvH
Total of 24120 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.