Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Momino @ 2011-04-12 00:40 from 012q - click to readHi,
You can use the app 'NoLed' for LED like notifications on your screen.

• 2011-04-12 02:24
  • vGeL

Dual-core 1.2ghz bla bla bla bla bla...
1 speaker?
Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.

Samsung please come with a better design and I'll give you my money.

When will we see multicolored LED notification when I have a miss call? I don't want to turn on the screen on my phone that is on the table every single time I get back from the bathroom or wherever I get back from.

I miss the old days of Samsung with multicolored LED notification.

• 2011-04-12 00:40
  • 012q

Iv'e heard from a friend that S2 will be released here in the Philippines this May2011. Hope we can get a price quote soon. I'm pretty excited to have this phone and looking forward to have it as a Christmas present for myself or maybe next year ☺ I must say i'm more ecstatic now with Samsung that with Sony Ericsson before.

• 2011-04-12 00:24
  • PB1v

this plays mkv files guys. even the wave plays mkv. samsung rockssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2011-04-12 00:12
  • t7EE

Here is a video where Pre-Release of the Galaxy S II having a serious problems with Auto-Rotation and only after restarting, Auto-Rotation works again.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kyCbEUUaQ

Problem with Auto-Rotation since 6:50 till the end of video.

• 2011-04-11 22:37
  • 0xM5

> In reply to Prateek Gupta @ 2011-04-11 20:55 from vGeL - click to readI would definitely go for the gs2. First of they said there was an issue witht that shrek game on the galaxy. Also that is the benchmark between the 2x(released) and the gs2(pre production). There is something that hadn't been fixed yet that had an obvious major cap on the gpu. Idk if its just not finished or a bug or what but its almost gaurrenteed even besides the cpu increase that the performance should be much better when its released. And as you can see nothing looks better then the super amoled plus. Also almost everyone saying the battery isn't big enough hasn't even had their hands on this phone let alone a dual core phone. Although I agree it could always be bigger. We will see. The only thing I'm worried about is that it might not have epic speakers. Beside up to 64gb mem, 1gb ram, 1080p 30frs, 8.49mm, 4.3 super amoled plus, and even in pre production it had a very nice and smooth ui and one of the best ever in internet browsing with flash.

• 2011-04-11 21:44
  • 4QRF

the Galaxy S II, will be available in the United Kingdom on May 1st

Good news for those of you reading this from across the pond. Samsung has let it be known that its new flagship handset, the Galaxy S II, will be available in the United Kingdom on May 1st. The company confirms that the S II — which will be knighted with the model number GT-I9100 — will indeed have its processor upgraded to 1.2GHz as rumored last week. Other specifications include a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, 21Mbps HSPA+ radio, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p video recording, front-facing camera, and the Gingerbread operating system (Android 2.3). Price was not specified, but Samsung noted that the handset would “be available in the UK across all major networks and retailers.” The official press release is after the break.

• 2011-04-11 21:39
  • nC2C

> In reply to christine79 @ 2011-04-11 20:18 from mhnt - click to readGalaxy S II is better in terms of hardware, but UI depends on your preference and the price depends on your budget. SGSII is more expensive.

• 2011-04-11 21:02
  • qbYL

Hi guys,
I have been following the SGS2 for quite some time now and have become really impatient to get my hands on this device. I will be using the device primarily for HD gaming,watching movies,TV shows,reading e-books and GPS navigation apart from other functions and therefore need your advise about how this device will fare. I have seen the GPU benchmark tests and its Mali 400 GPU falls some way behind the Nvidia geforce in the optimus 2x.For instance, there was a video showing the comparison between them while playing the game 'Shrek Kart' and there was a significant lag in the SGS2. Also there have been talks of introducing the powerVR sgx543 and adreno 220 GPUs in future phones. Some people also claim that the 1650 mAh battery would not be able to support the dual core processor of the SGS2. I am also wary of the GPS bug that is there in the original Galaxy S.
SE arc,motorola atrix,LG optimus 2X and of course the SGS2 stack up quite nicely against one another and earlier i got really carried away by the arc's looks. The only problem it seems to have is the low internal storage and the adreno 205 GPU which most of the HTC phones already have. Of course we cannot compare it with the dual core processors but it is still a phone to be given some heed. This is why i want your opinion whether SGS2 is the best out there and is it worth the wait and investment of money or are there (or will be) other phones better than this(in the near future). Thank you.

• 2011-04-11 20:55
  • vGeL

I saw a video on YouTube where pre-release test unit of the Galaxy S II was having a serious problems with Auto-Rotation! Interesting if final release will be having same problem too?

Also, I think that it would be useful if Galaxy S II had an Notification LED.

• 2011-04-11 20:24
  • 0xM5

can somebody tell me which is better, samsung galaxy s2 or xpria arc? takk.

• 2011-04-11 20:18
  • mhnt

Samsung Estonia FB page confirmed that phone will be avalable in may. In germany there is a price tag for the phone 599 eur

• 2011-04-11 19:55
  • pdhx

it's quite simple, either u like the phone or u don't, if u hav a problem with it then don't buy it. No need to make petty issues about it, its either u want it or not. i personally luv this phone and can't wait for it to come out so i can buy it. it may not have everything or 'be perfect' but it has the features and app i luv and will use

• 2011-04-11 19:42
  • 8yTr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-11 11:40 from cerM - click to readGet MoboPlayer, it works great for my Galaxy S

• 2011-04-11 19:02
  • 9Fx9

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-04-11 18:29 from Ydg} - click to readIt's called Ebay for us Canadians... QQ

• 2011-04-11 19:02
  • qbYL

See the top of Galaxy S2 in This Pic :

and tell me does it have Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic ?!!!

• 2011-04-11 18:47
  • k9Za
  • Na worry bou the nam
  • Rating0

> In reply to Gary @ 2011-04-11 09:56 from utKW - click to readUmmm, the LG Optimux 2X is not a feature phone, it's a smart phone with the same 1 GHZ dual core processor. Seems like you don't know much about your phone.

• 2011-04-11 18:35
  • kbh7

Bloody UK .. Confirmed May 1st release date of the SGSII in the UK -- that equates to October for Canada

• 2011-04-11 18:29
  • Ydg}

Hi guys,
I have been following the SGS2 for quite some time now and have become quite impatient to get my hands on this device. As i will be using the phone primarily for HD gaming, watching movies, TV shows, read ebooks and navigating via GPS, i want your opinion about how this device will fare. As far as i know, SGS2 has not performed well in the GPU benchmark tests and it falls someway behind the Nvidia Geforce GPU. Also its Mali 400 GPU lags in the race with powerVR sgx543 and adreno 220 which will be introduced in future phones. Some people are also claiming that the small 1650 mAh battery won't be able to sustain the dual core processor. The original galaxy is also reported to have a GPS bug which i am wary about. So i wanted your opinions about the phone which will suit my needs and whether it is worth waiting for SGS2 and investing money in the same. And also whether there is or will be any phone better than this in the near future. Thank you

• 2011-04-11 18:27
  • vGeL

As to the Why 1.2 most likely to address the few lag spots it has .. if you watch the LG Optimus 2x vs SGSII vid it did lag in a few spots I am guessing w a 1.2ghz chip that wont happen...to the person who stated it will raise the price just buy the phone YOU want and stop worrying about this one...Still I dont get it -- is it just me or do others think it is plain foolishness to waste your time and go on a phone site you DO NOT like?? I mean do you really think you are going to sway us.. Guys I will be right back I am going to make an ass of myself too and go to the Atrix link and talk about the SGSII...lol

• 2011-04-11 18:27
  • Ydg}
Total of 23926 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.