Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Galaxy S II is good phone,but is price is not declare, so I recommend sony ericsson experia ARC in same category and is price is Rs.26500.00
some specification are better then S II

• 2011-04-16 18:01
  • Hku}
  • F

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-16 15:21 from 0xM5 - click to readHi,
Agree that you can connect MHL to present present HDMI in
but how the quality fares versus micro HDMI port. MHL guys only talk about facility of charging mobile thru hdmi which practically can be done now by pluging the charger in.

I hope the MHL-HDMI cables/convertors come cheap and widely available as phone companies gen. do not provide these

• 2011-04-16 17:52
  • nQeC

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-16 15:21 from 0xM5 - click to readcan't provide a link as disallowed but
The Samsung Galaxy S II is loaded with connectivity options 21Mbps HSPA +, 3G, A-GPS, high-speed Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, FM Radio, you name it. To top it all off, it is one of the first handsets (the rest being HTC's newest crop) to sport the Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL). It fits an HDMI-out port in a microUSB connector profile, so you can simultaneously mirror your phone's screen on an HDTV while watching movies or playing games, and charge the handset, which will ensure hours of gameplay or movie nights. We hope the adapter cable will be included in the retail box, since we couldn't find any such MHL cables online, besides one HTC accessory on preorder, which costs around $30.

• 2011-04-16 17:44
  • IaHg

> In reply to mickel @ 2011-04-16 11:01 from nt29 - click to readBy the time Samsung I9100 Galaxy SII releases, i believe it becomes out dated. It's release date has been in the news since FEB, no sign yet.

I think, Samsung must have found many bugs and try to patch it up before its release. Samsung Galaxy I9000 has also problems with GPS, sudden hang of the phone etc.

• 2011-04-16 16:47
  • t}gW

> In reply to [deleted post]d samsung galaxy s2 will b released in india in may 2011.

• 2011-04-16 16:46
  • PUhg

> In reply to [deleted post]I know I came of as trolling and crazy. Sorry. My next phone will be a Galaxy S2. I'm tired to waiting for Nokia to put on "catch-up" udates for my N8 and I also have the purple defect problem. Nokia even replaced my unit 2x and each replacement still have the defect. The fanboys on the N8 forums even think me and a bunch of others affected by the defect are just making these stories up but the fact is that Nokia admitted the defect.

• 2011-04-16 16:41
  • kJX3

> In reply to mickel @ 2011-04-16 11:01 from nt29 - click to readoh kk dear thanx a lot!!! i ll surely go 4 d samsung galaxy s 2.

• 2011-04-16 16:40

• 2011-04-16 16:37
  • t}gW

> In reply to Shanu @ 2011-04-16 11:52 from U@HW - click to readoh k dear thanx a lot!!i ll surely go 4 d samsung galaxy s 2.

• 2011-04-16 16:37
  • PUhg

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-16 15:21 from 0xM5 - click to readMHL cable is not a micro usb to hdmi cable.so you can not connect your device to a hdmi enabled tv. your tv should support MHL or you need a MHL adopter to enable your tv to support it. MHL cable is a micro usb to special 5 pin port.

• 2011-04-16 16:01
  • prmi

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-16 14:22 from nQeC - click to readThis adapter is not necessary, you can directly connect your device via MHL cable to all TV's which has support for HDMI. The only one purpose of this adapter is that you can charge your device thru it. In simple words this adapter is only for charging if you don't need chargin, you can connect your device directly to a HDMI port on your TV via MHL cable without any adapter.
(As I understand.)

• 2011-04-16 15:21
  • 0xM5

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-04-16 14:02 from Y9jD - click to readMy last post 2 u directly, simply because you can't see it. In your own words 'I think you are already there'

• 2011-04-16 14:49
  • SgvH

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-15 20:42 from 0xM5 - click to readHi,
I am not wrong. Kindly go through the video link.
It says you need to have an adapter for current tvs for MHL link

• 2011-04-16 14:22
  • nQeC

Why does all the phones have capacitive touchscreens? Ladies with long nails can not operate it, It is highly frustrated and rediculous. Please make phones that is womans friendly. Thank you

• 2011-04-16 14:14
  • Nhth

> In reply to Bing Google @ 2011-04-16 10:04 from SgvH - click to readCan you please tell me exactly how many levels I failed on?? I need to gauge myself. Was it a mere 1st 2nd, 3rd or 4th level failure? Maybe I had a decent level 5 to 9?? Or did I make it with the big boys in 10- 20 range?? Please be more specific Bing Google..so I can thank your observation accordingly.

• 2011-04-16 14:02
  • Y9jD

> In reply to imtiyaz @ 2011-04-16 13:03 from nCe7 - click to readI do believe I am missing something here... I dont understand this whole locked/unlocked and higher prices. How much higher are we talking about? Here in Canada all phones come locked to each Greedy Carrier.. But anywhere from $10 - $50 (or free hehe) you can get the phone unlocked. But that is obviously not from the provider. Anyone care to give a price differential??

• 2011-04-16 13:35
  • Y9jD

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-15 20:42 from 0xM5 - click to readfrom the other ARENA

• 2011-04-16 13:30
  • IaHd

> In reply to [deleted post]why is N8 compared to SGS 2?? N8 is, I think, in the low-end of flagships.

Apart from the 12mp camera, the N8 is just another run-of-the-mill symbian like X7 (the coffin phone).

Even with the "Anna" project, symbian still has a long way to go -- Ovi store has to be revamped, CPU speed has to be jacked up, RAM has to be improved, graphics has to be pumped up, animations must be increased, browser speed must be enhanced, etc.

10 years ago, it is enuf to have an excellent camera on a flagship phone, before everyone hails it as a best-seller. Now, it isnt. N8 must deliver on ALL FRONTS -- camera, UI, CPU speed, gaming, video, graphics, doc editing, TV out, OS updates, widgets, homescreen, notifications bar, etc.

Sadly, only 2 phones can offer the best : iphone or android. SGS2 is maybe the best of androids at the moment. That makes N8 BELOW the league of SGS 2..

• 2011-04-16 13:23
  • nCe7

Opinions only..look what they have done, insults on everyone.. Phone fanatics, it shouldnt come this way.. Always Remember, NO PERFECT phone at all.. Rather choose which satisfy your needs.. Peace fellows..

• 2011-04-16 13:10
  • U6WT

galaxy s2 beat the optimus 2x by the total RAM, the intrnal memory, n the display, galaxy s2 beat the atrix by the camera, the intrnal memory, n the display, conclusion, all hail samsung galaxy s2.., pleez come out early..

• 2011-04-16 13:04
  • v3ya
Total of 24158 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.