Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Come on Samsung.. Release it... Or Im gonna buy HTC Incredible S... even though the name sounds funny.. I dont mind being called the "GUY with an Incredible S".. LOL... Just freakin release it Samsung... The wait is killing me..

• 2011-04-11 10:38
  • 9D9V

> In reply to furri @ 2011-04-10 21:34 from PT2@ - click to readif it wasnt for samsung the iphone won even be out on our self as most of the parts in the iphone are from samsung as they made the part for it

• 2011-04-11 10:25
  • vxD6

All phones are excellent. Whether they are smartphones or feature phones. But I seriously don't get the point of making a phone so powerful in terms of hardware. Yes, virual ergonomics are more than just welcome. A better UI is always demanded. And its okay upto a certain level of grooming that a phone has an upcoming OS update that will speed up the UI responsiveness and add some more features and applications - for that, sqeezing up some MHz in the processor is acceptable. But look at this - 1.2 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB of RAM, a very good mobile graphics platform on a phone - "A PHONE". Many times I feel that this is really not required. Noob phone brands are trying to create new bars in perfomance benchmarks and trying to satisfy their noob supporters who dont even buy them. I do gadgets research and I just recently got an LG Optimus 2X. I already have a PSP system, an iPhone 4, a Dell XPS laptop and a very powerful desktop PC. I never use the PSP or the LG phone for gaming. I can do spreadsheets on the laptop and play really graphic demanding games on the desktop. The only reason I got LG was because I could browse internet on the go and listen to some music when I dont carry the laptop along, and ofcourse calling. It is great for that and seriously a much cheaper feature phone is also good at it (infact better in the calling department).
A phone can never be a laptop and a laptop can never be a phone and perhaps this is what the companies should know. Let it be Apple, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, LG, they are all doing good but going in the wrong direction (making a phone into a mobile computer just like a laptop). This is what a smartphone should really not be. If it has to be, lower the price so people can buy and stop thinking of it a luxurious royal king's hereditary dining table. There is really no need of such an expensive smartphone with nuclear reactor hardware components inside when it cannot replace a laptop of the same price. I know that I am going to get a lot of negative comments on this, but really think about it - is it really required or am I the only fool around here?

• 2011-04-11 09:56
  • utKW

Also, its good to point out that the guys up there in Google and Apple, don't really hate each other as much as you guys down here. The following is from a book about Google:

"According to the Daily Mail, when Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page were on the hunt for a new CEO, their top choice was Apple's Jobs. When Jobs declined, Google instead found Eric Schmidt, who would become a member of Apple's board of directors.

"He (Jobs) turned down their offer, but because he saw the potential of Google he agreed to mentor Mr. Page and Mr. Brin, even sharing advisers," the report said."

C'mon guys, if you hated a company as a rival so much, would you ask the leader to become your leader?

Imagine if Megatron said 'I hate that Optimus Prime so much, I think my new strategy is to make him.... Leader of the Decepticons!!! I'm brilliant!"

Don't take this stuff too seriously guys, its just mobile phones.

• 2011-04-11 07:24
  • mTWB

See the top of Galaxy S2 in This Pic :

and tell me does it have Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic ?!!!

• 2011-04-11 07:21
  • k9Za

Please be clear that using a component made by a company, does not make that copying. So if Korea ran out of plastic, and had to buy plastic from Chna to make the Galaxy 2, they copied a China design?

Design is design, components are components. Feel free to take sides, choose whatever side you like, but both sides please use common sense.

Ok, back to the argument guys heh heh.

• 2011-04-11 07:18
  • mTWB

See the top of Galaxy S2 in This Pic : http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/revi...rena_018.jpg

and tell me does it have Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic ?!!!

• 2011-04-11 07:16
  • k9Za

Hey guys dnt fight let it came ist in the market then we will discuss abt its pros and cons.dont complaint abt its resoultion dnt forget sammy using world class super amoled plus screen.i m using wave and s.amoled is just amazing and i m damn sure s.amoled plus will b double amazing it has 50% more sub pixel than s.amoled

• 2011-04-11 06:35
  • wdM6

> In reply to furri @ 2011-04-10 21:34 from PT2@ - click to readthe iphone has a samsung processor

• 2011-04-11 06:23
  • jxIp

hehehe... i thought no SAMSUNG name at the front unit. so cute and simple with no samsung name front only at the back cover. i am discourage to buy it now!!!

• 2011-04-11 06:05
  • t7si

please release this phone already..

• 2011-04-11 05:45
  • vpH5

Hi Guyz
First i wanna tell you it supports ARABIC :)

Then:
I would like to say It gonna be THE BEST PHONE EVER
and for people who are saying its a copy of iphone just let tell you THAT'S BULLSHIT and i advice all of you to go and search for the main event or launch that Samsung did for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and Samsung Galaxy Tap2 on YOUTUBE and see how many company SAMSUNG cooperate with in order to make that significant phone and tablet ... AFTER THAT YOU CAN JUDGE ... oohh by the way guyz i forgot to tell you that I'm an iphone user but ill definitely change to Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 because I don't care about the BRAND NAME and i really care about the QUALITY and i do believe that Samsung is giving us the best quality and the best price.

Thanks :)

• 2011-04-11 05:41
  • nChj

800 * 480 is enough

• 2011-04-11 04:55
  • q{LA
  • SmartphonFreakKARTIK
  • Rating1

jst saw the video by gsmarena of comparison of browsers of S2 and lg optimus 2x ................ and s2's browser's performance ws jaw dropping........... pages were loading 2 times faster than 2x and zooming and scrolling were also 1.5 times smoother in S2 (there ws no lag)............. there ws a little lag in 2x though it has a dual core too .......... and even the screen is multi-times better ............... the browser performance of even the single core SGS far is better than 2x ............... are lg fooling us by writin in dual core in 2x's specs .......... its name shud have been "LG OPTIMUS (1/2)X" NOT 2X ..... LOL........ »»(:D)««

PS: 2 YEARS BEFORE I USED TO BE A NOKIA FAN AND UNDERESTIMATED SAMSUNG BT NOW MY MISCONCEPTIONS ARE GONE.....NOKIA IS CRRRAAAAAPPPPP

• 2011-04-11 04:32
  • 7tBE

Ok I am sorry for what I said to you joonius -- I actually reported myself to get it removed.

But Guys come one look at what I wrote I put "new" and coming out in JUNE... all these things are already here and they are going to bring the same things in June or Later and the Apple fans will be chirping IP5 is the greatest and Samsung is a copy.. how the can Samsung be a copy of a phone that isn't out yet??? This year Apple will be the follower.

• 2011-04-11 04:27
  • Y9jD

> In reply to furri @ 2011-04-10 21:34 from PT2@ - click to readactually its a fact that iphone use samsung manufacturers and thats why theyre similar so its actually apple that took design from samsung. LOL

• 2011-04-11 04:17
  • QZYy

Gunna get this bad-boy when its available to buy..! :)

• 2011-04-11 03:25
  • M0N$

Shame on symbian. Nokia will lose market share day by day, apple also. Samsung will be leader in market through android. Android is the boss, long live android as king of king.

• 2011-04-11 03:23
  • uNVD

> In reply to furri @ 2011-04-10 21:34 from PT2@ - click to readi would tell you please think before you speak but that would involve u having a brain which clearly u dont

• 2011-04-11 03:03
  • 8yUg

> In reply to furri @ 2011-04-10 21:34 from PT2@ - click to readResearch before you talk, apple Iphone hardware is Samsung so Samsung didnt copy anything they just used their own product, and if your also going on about the design. its a brick touch screen its of the most basic of design so get real.

• 2011-04-11 03:02
  • PBCs
Total of 24003 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.