Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Hi guys the samsung Galaxy S2 comes with 2 years of warranty so you can get replacement under warranty. Well people like me change the handset after every 6-8 months and thats the longest I can used iphone4

• 2011-04-14 01:50
  • 2GQ6

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-14 00:30 from 0xM5 - click to readInstead of repeating the so called evidence which you have confirmed are part 99% INVENTION 100% speculation as to %, DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS SOURCE WHICH DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR CASE? Not one reported instance in the I9000 forum anywhere, or r u just going to the facts that disprove your case. Try not point us to this link again. product A has a problem B has same component. ergo link.

• 2011-04-14 01:47
  • SgvH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-13 19:59 from 3x8G - click to readBwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! And where did you read that? On the forum of a apple fanboys post who wished apple could be android?

• 2011-04-14 01:07
  • 4QRF

Wow! All the way back up to 90%! Amazing! What if it goes up to more than before! Samsung is amazing! I can't wait for this champion beast!

• 2011-04-14 01:04
  • 4QRF

> In reply to husu @ 2011-04-13 23:34 from nfPG - click to readThat is a bunch bs! After 6 months to a year all amoled experiance burn???? What kind of crack pot are you! And it's not like amoled is the only one with screen defects... and infact a slightly higher rate of burn in and maybe not quite the life span of lcd is it. Everything else is a complete advantage. Brighter and more vibrant, less space, less energy consumption(except in complete white), better sunlight visibility, the only type of screen that displays true black, it does not need a back light, and 180 degree viewing angles.

• 2011-04-14 01:03
  • 4QRF

> In reply to joonius @ 2011-04-13 23:56 from qbYL - click to readYes, I agree with you. I understand that maybe I was to fast talking about %, I just came across this oppinion when I have visited some forums ( talking not only about this vote: http://www.mysamsungwave.com/i...topic=2988.0 ).
Anyway, according to this vote and all these Google results, we can make an conclusion - Yes there is such problem like a AMOLED screen "Burn-In" effect and it is not so rare case.

P.S. "Gorilla Glass" has nothing to do with "Burn-In" effect.

• 2011-04-14 00:30
  • 0xM5
  • The Ex-Nokia Fanboy
  • Rating0

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-13 19:42 from 0xM5 - click to readI have a faint burn on my SGS Captivate but it's really hard to notice and it won't stop me from buying another Galaxy S. It's the AM/PM on the upper right hand of the status bar that left a burn. However, this issue isn't as big as the one found on the Nokia N8, C7.

Nokia and their fanboys don't want to get things out of hand so they deleted many pages on the thread with regards to this purple screen defect/problem. What I have below is a cached image of the thread and you'll notice that it's 82 pages long.

Now it's down to 17 pages after someone removed most of the posts.

Cover up? XD

Anyways, back on topic, the link below shows the very faint burn I have on the upper right hand of my SGS Captivate. View it on full resolution and you can see what I'm talking about.

• 2011-04-14 00:28
  • IDkH

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-13 19:42 from 0xM5 - click to readI've had my vibrant since the day it was released. Almost a year now and I have not experienced" burn in" nor do I have a single scratch!( gorilla glass) I'llgladly take my chances with GS2.

• 2011-04-14 00:13
  • RbXv

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-13 19:42 from 0xM5 - click to readSince your post I tried to confirm your facts. NOT.. by seaching on BING or GOOOGLE but in the I9000 SGS 1 forum, I mean you would expect it to show up there the predecessor. I found nothing, by nothing I mean zero, zip, nadir, zilch. Looked under 'BURN'. Any problems with screen I9000 etc. Reckless you tell me from this post in the I9100 forum picked up by GOOGLE search engine... now world wide!

• 2011-04-14 00:06
  • SgvH

> In reply to husu @ 2011-04-13 23:34 from nfPG - click to readYou do realize that there were 10 million Galaxy S sold world wide and the screen burn in hasn't made it to headlines? If this was happening to that many devices, there would be an outbreak all over the net and Samsung would have to do something about it. I'm pretty sure it would have made it on GSM Arena's front page as it seem they follow Galaxy line quite closely.

Those who experience the problem are more inclined to find these forums to talk about it and this factor skews the statistics. Of course the polls on such forums will show high number of users that experience this issue. But think about it. 35% of 10 million is 3.5 million devices. That's a huge number. How many out of 10 million users were sampled? How many devices are being shipped back to Samsung? How many people actually experience this issue?

If even half of 3.5 million people reported this issue, I'm pretty sure Samsung would do something about it. I know Samsung doesn't have the best software support but they have decent hardware support.

If you are aware of this problem and know how to take care of your phone, you can enjoy all the benefits of the AMOLED. I'm pretty freaking sure people won't mind not leaving their phone on for long periods of time, people won't mind that they lower the brightness down when it isn't needed.

• 2011-04-13 23:56
  • qbYL

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-13 19:42 from 0xM5 - click to readWrong, sadly. After 6 months tops (maybe a year if they keep the brightness at minimum), ALL Super AMOLED phones show some burn-in on a blue screen, like a test screen or a bright web page.

65% of the users just don't give a damn.

• 2011-04-13 23:34
  • nfPG

Old good Maemo 5 was far more powerful and flexible than this version of Android

• 2011-04-13 23:10
  • 3PAt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-13 19:59 from 3x8G - click to readyou have a good point

• 2011-04-13 21:54
  • Let}

> In reply to Laurynas @ 2011-04-13 19:42 from 0xM5 - click to readThe lifespan of the shorted blue oled was 62000 hours in 2007. It is 2011 and the technology is improving fast. Even it is 60000 hours, your display will last more than 30 years if you turned on the display 5 hours a day, but who uses 5 hours everyday? In my case, it will last about 100 years. I am using Galaxy S for almost one year. No burn-in at all. the display is fantastic. Black is pure black, and the color is amazing. Once you experience the super amoled, you will not look for a LCD display. It's sooooooo good.

• 2011-04-13 20:24
  • j4Ap

Samsung Galaxy S 2 is better than Sony Ericsson Arc Because Samsung has Super Amolad Screen and Sony does't have. But does't matter he has bravia screen but I told u. he does't know about Bravia engine he can't explain right know its so lol..........M Talking about North west Delhi Mkt.

• 2011-04-13 20:13
  • vbxi

this is just another copy of i phone!please samsung just leave us alone!can't u just do it in termes of design better?i love sony ericsson cause it's the best in design,and i hate u samsung for that.

• 2011-04-13 20:01
  • 3c7@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-13 07:25 from mTWB - click to readYup people are getting too emotional about things. Wonder if they knew that Eric Scmidt the CEO of Google sat on both Apple and Google boards. Also wonder if they knew that when the google founders were looking for a CEO, they chose Steve Jobs.

Relax guys, the top guys at Google and Apple are hanging out enjoying themselves having fun with your money, what's the point of you guys fighting down here in some comment section on a website.

Just enjoy the tech and cihill.

• 2011-04-13 19:59
  • 3x8G

Best spec i have ever seen in a mobile phone.. good one samsung.. My only concern is ur good looking phone department.. You guys really need some good creative guys to work on design part of the phone. Better and louder ringtone is also welcome.. Design wise Optimus 2x is good.

• 2011-04-13 19:47
  • 2@r8

Best spec i have ever seen in a mobile phone.. good one samsung..

• 2011-04-13 19:45
  • 2@r8

I have searched some info about a "Super AMOLED" and its "Burn-In" effect and seams that about 35% of "Super AMOLED" users are telling that their screens are affected by Burn-In effect. And that is pretty sad!
So, it would be useful to know more official news about "Super AMOLED Plus" lifetime and "Burn-In" effect, I think it may be a big disadvantage! :(

• 2011-04-13 19:42
  • 0xM5
Total of 24150 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.