Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!

This brought tears in my eyes. This made my day. I am happy anyway.

"Disappointed with the news of Galaxy S II getting delayed till June? Well, here’s some good news coming directly from Samsung Electronics’ official twitter account. They’ve confirmed that Galaxy S II will be released in April as planned indicating there is no delay whatsoever. Samsung also said the phone will be rolled out gradually depending on the “local launch timetable” of different countries.

So there you have it. You can expect Samsung’s powerful flagship device from later this month."

Source Thanks, Jeonn!

• 2011-04-07 13:12
  • HsEm
  • F

Samsung Galaxy S II will be released in April as planned
Source:

• 2011-04-07 13:01
  • pu0p

Samsung Galaxy S II will be released in April as planned.... Huuuurraaaaaaaaaaa :D

• 2011-04-07 12:24
  • g5Ng

A 200MHz increase is not giving a major boost... Don't think that consumers are stupid, we know 200MHz is not a very big leap in computing power. If you want a huge computing power, you should do at least 1GHz leap. One more point, with just 1650 mAh of charge stored in your battery, 1.2GHz processor will suck it dry in no time... I know the math, so don't fool me and keep me waiting for a stupid 200MHz extra in processing power... I rather stick to a 1GHz dual core power, which will balance the battery consumption and yet, provide the optimal speed for the phone. I am not doing any programming with my phone, and even I do, I need at least a processor comparable to laptop's... What a joke for making a 200 MHz increase, and kept everyone here waiting.

Now samsung fans are angry because their long awaited Galaxy SII will have a delay in release date. In the meantime, some of them who can't wait for it will purchase another dual core model such as Motorolla Atrix 4G. By the time Samsung release Galaxy SII, IPhone 5 will reach the market with more superior specifications such as 1.4GHz dual core processor and a better 8MP camera sensor.

• 2011-04-07 11:51
  • Ia2L

O.o, The date has been pushed back to June -.-" ...
What the hell is Samsung doing !? The phone was extremely good with its original 1 dual-core processor and we were hoping to buy at the end of April or early May...
This is just so unprofessional from Samsung and I'm starting to lose interest in the phone now >.>

• 2011-04-07 11:27
  • nXwp

Amazing Phone , i like it

• 2011-04-07 09:58
  • Iaj4

> In reply to techjuana @ 2011-04-05 10:10 from vGxN - click to readIf beggars can buy Xperia's, especially xperia Neo's, then they MUST be rich beggars, coz the Neo will come in at around $500 unlocked. You must be referring to Nokia, coz you can buy Nokia for $30 unlocked.

Besides, it's not the cheap-os that are outrageous. Its the expensive ones, that turn out to be turds, thats gonna kill ya. Samsung is notorious for pushing out half-baked products, which have very slow updates or none at all. Take my Galaxy Ace -- despite having 800mhz, it is NOT eligible for update to gingerbread. And the phone which I almost bought -- The original Galaxy S -- has GPS bug, sensor bug, RAM bug, and no LED flash, but it still cost around $600 !! What sammy do with all that profit??

• 2011-04-07 09:02
  • nCe7

happy to hear about 1.2ghz ,, but when , waiting , is it available in Dubai

• 2011-04-07 08:44
  • utKd

Damn that's thin.

• 2011-04-07 08:31
  • YcjF

> In reply to Abes @ 2011-04-07 03:18 from KRV} - click to readWhy is noise cancelling headphones a must for mobile phones? I can imagine how useful that would be while crossing a busy street.

• 2011-04-07 06:57
  • mTWB

I just saw the browser performance in youtube.And the video run in 720p i have'nt heard a phone running youtube videos at 720p,hell yeah.

• 2011-04-07 05:32
  • bJf9

cpu changed from 1ghz to 1.2ghz

NICE!!

Can't wait !

• 2011-04-07 04:53
  • xpcV

I am waiting for the preview.

• 2011-04-07 04:33
  • bJf2

a true beast

• 2011-04-07 03:55
  • ibpR

nice one!!!!

• 2011-04-07 03:39
  • P$uD

If it's going to have the same success of Galaxy S, beside CPU, few other upgrades are crucial. Display pixel density must increase (480*800 is not enough for 2011). Battery capacity must increase (1650 is no longer on top). Finally, a noise cancellation microphone must be added.

• 2011-04-07 03:18
  • KRV}

> In reply to android fan @ 2011-04-06 09:14 from PAY2 - click to readit's called Ice Cream

• 2011-04-07 03:18
  • xxFi

I will be the first to buy this phone , I have htc desire hd only the issue with htc is battery performance highly poor

• 2011-04-07 01:49
  • 3ReZ

> In reply to ashoka @ 2011-04-06 13:21 from QIuL - click to read1-Metal gets to fingerprint,and even it looks like,its not cheap plastic! XD
2-Yes,it has MHL,that uses an HDMI proper cable on the USB connection of the phone and shows in a television what you see on the phone. So is actually mirrorim HDMI!
3-I don't know,but I guess it has no limit for now!

• 2011-04-07 01:33
  • 8Qp2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-07 01:30 from 8Qp2 - click to readnext* sorry

• 2011-04-07 01:30
  • 8Qp2
Total of 23907 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.