I had a Black model of S II for nearly one year, then I exchanged it for White S II, which had out of the Box ICS Android... Now I regret having done so.. I think ICS is not at all stable with SII and there are quite lot of compatibility issues... It has been just 2 months of White SII... n it has been to the Service Center twice and there has been some or the other issue, for which I am forced to factory reset my phone (number input method, which is more beneficial).
Kindly let me know, when is the next Upgrade coming, if not Jellybean, I think an Upgrade for ICS with better stability should come asap. Firstly I had camera issues (getting blurred vision through lens), then there was audio problem (as recipient)- for which I had been to the Service Center. Now I have network problem for which my calls get disconnected within 3-5 minutes. I am highly disappointed with the stability issues. Kindly let me know if others have the same typo things cropping up with ICS upgrade. Just need to know, as I m thinking to change my phone...
I Still agree that its a superb phone, but it was better with Gingerbread !!!
Thanks in advance... :(
I am using this phone for last 8 months. Still now I am very happy with my phone and its service. I found some useful methods by which I have got a long battery backup. So those who are facing battery backup problem can use this.
1. If you are a 2G network connection user with 2G internet, then switch your phone to only 2G mode.
(settings-more-mobile network-network mode-GSM only)
2. Switch off WI-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS if you donít need those.
3. Turn off hyper feedback and vibration on touch option.
4. Donít use vibrate and ring or only vibrate option all the time. Use vibrates option only when you need most. Decrease vibrates intensity at settings as you need.
5. If instant mail service is not important to you then turn off account synchronization.
(settings-accounts and sync-off). As because I need instant mail service, I usually turn it on. But if you turn it off then you can see a huge difference on battery backup.
6. Choose some darkish wallpaper for background. You can choose HD darkish wallpaper.
7. Set brightness to 30-40%
8. After completing any task use back key for going to home page. Donít use home key.
9. After completing all tasks lock your screen. Donít wait for automatic screen lock. If you canít do this then decrease your screen timeout time 30 sec to 15 sec.
Most important things-
10. After full charge detach your charger port from your mobile. Never charge your phone through whole night. It will decrease your mobiles battery life.
11. After full charge switch off your mobile for 10-15 minutes.
12. If you found that you will not need to use youíre mobile for some time (I mean for 2 or 3 hour or more), then switch it off.
13. And use that type of mobile network connection whose network coverage is very good at your locality.
I use these methods for increasing the battery backup. Now my mobile gives at least 40 hour service on standby mode. On normal use it gives 24 to 30 hour service and on heavy use it gives 15 to 20 hour service. My mobile is running on ice-cream sandwich (4.0.3).
SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH...
After firmware upgrade my s2 to ICS 4.0.3 it is like shit-
-Music player frequently misbehave & music sounds funny & very distorted
-Many apps frequently hangs- perfect viewer, opera mini
these problems solves only by restarting phone
(NOW I KNOW WHY THEY INTRODUCED RESTART BUTTON)
- No option to choose between 2g ,3g
-camera performance decreased
-contacts/phonebook look anoying with same contact repeating again for different location
-no exit options for many apps specially sms box
And many others
-Only thing SEEMSimproved is battery life
A VERY FUZZY UPGRADE
IS THIS WE WERE LOOKING FOR IN THESE EXPENSIVE SMART PHONE, PROVIDED SAMSUNG HAD HANDS ON FREE O.S.-ANDROID
My previous Lava KKT 30 performed better
Can Anyone tell me how can i download nimbuzz and facebook on s2
hi, please help..
would like to ask if there's a big difference when it comes to features with the S2 compared to S Infuse?? your comments would be helpful.. thank you.
Jamshed, 08 Sep 2012Please help me decide whether to buy SII or SIII? My main concern is battery time as I am most... moreBuy s2 , its more good looking than s3 beside if u download the battery saver from app store , the s2 battery will last for 2 days even if u use game and net
i am getting this phone very soon.but i am scared about battery life,can anyone please help me out of this.m just thinking to buy this phone or not.all features are superb awesome.what all features i want is available in this phone but is there any problem in this phone?
Heyy how can i connect my laptop's net to my S2
my laptop is wifi enebled......
suggest any pc app...:)
Anonymous, 08 Sep 2012Hi mate, we have the same experience when my phone not in use on air condition room the temp i... moreu can use with laptop joining with cable when u use internet and charging without over heat.
SSKhan, 08 Sep 2012I am in Oman and since the software update on my S2 it is doing strange things, like resetting... moreme too my phone turn crazy, and i don't know what to do, do you got any solution for this
Jamshed, 08 Sep 2012Please help me decide whether to buy SII or SIII? My main concern is battery time as I am most... moreu should buy s3....it s great...got new feature,.s3 got quad core ..s2 only got dual..and s2 also got lots of issue..u have to update it to solve it..after update, it s still hv lots problems///
my new s2 3g doest work after many attemps to configure, its ICS already. cAN anyone give me advice what to do. i tried to manualy configured my s2 but nothing happened. pls help
Have the phone for about 3 weeks, really happy discovering new features everytime. Great phone with everything working flawlessly. Really like to personalize my phone exactly as i want with all the apps. But battery could be better, one day only if you play with your phone. Would prefer a bigger battery, even if that means thicker phone.