Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to mughess @ 2014-08-12 18:15 from uWEZ - click to readwhat is your current version of OS?
why do you need a kitkat?

• 2014-08-12 18:32
  • 95H4

Very Cool and Slim Phone . It really works faster and smooth .Love everything about this phone .
Just need official update for Kitkat for GTi9100

• 2014-08-12 18:15
  • uWEZ

> In reply to Original-Jamaican @ 2014-08-12 01:44 from kiQ2 - click to readI 100% agree with that,
I just want to see Samsung remake GS2 once again and just add the extras like NFC etc, so I wait for GS6 and hope better to be good, if not I am actually very happy with my GS2
amazing phone

• 2014-08-12 11:38

> In reply to GS2 @ 2014-08-11 18:34 from 95H4 - click to readTo GS2:

I always say that Samsung went all out with the S2. Sometimes I hold it just for the fun of it. This smartphone has everything and it even seems faster to me than the rest and the rest of them. I have never had any form of memory issues and the CPU is lightening fast...much faster than some of the quad cores out there. The S2 is still a phone to reckon with.

• 2014-08-12 01:44
  • kiQ2

> In reply to Risky boy @ 2014-08-11 12:49 from 6Qmd - click to readInstall Clean Master from app store
that would transform your phone and junks you have accumulated,
that would improve your batter, if it doesn't then do a master reset but back up your data/files everything first.

make sure your battery is FULL before doing the master re-set

that is so important, if you battery fails during the re-set then you truly will have a big issue with the phone and may not be able to recover it.

• 2014-08-11 18:50
  • 95H4

> In reply to Original-Jamaican @ 2014-08-08 15:31 from kiQ2 - click to readThis is by far the best EVER phone made by Samsung
still relevant, still interesting and still fast, why would I need to upgrade to anything?
I bought Case-Mate for it and honestly the phone feels so different, dropped it number of times, and Case-phone PROTECTECT the phone without a single scratches.

love GS2, and truly can't stand any of the latest Galaxy versions, Samsung lost it after they made the GS2.

• 2014-08-11 18:34
  • 95H4

> In reply to Risky boy @ 2014-08-11 12:49 from 6Qmd - click to readYES there is
do the reset and then Master clean
get ride of rubbish apps you don't use
then your batter will improve

• 2014-08-11 18:30

> In reply to CodeCollective @ 2014-08-08 05:43 from y%Im - click to readOk
let me help you, don't upgrade but just go to setting and hard-reset your phone, including formatting
BUT PLEASE BACK UP ALL OF YOUR DATA first.
then go to market and download Master Clean app, then you wouldn't have problem.
You can also try master clean first before resetting your phone to see if your problem resolved, if not do the reset,
since I have done that my battery last good 36 hour on average use, and I still managed to keep my Ginger Bread version of the phone.
no issue with the phone, I love it even more than the new GS4, or GS5

I wait for GS6 or wait for Sony latest before even thinking to upgrade, GS2 is truly the best phone Samsung has EVER made, truly fantastic

so do the above and let me know how you got on

• 2014-08-11 18:28
  • 95H4

Can battery timing increase by changing battery??...if not ...thn is there any way to increse batery timing???

• 2014-08-11 12:49
  • 6Qmd

how can degrade s2 mobile android 4.1 to 4.0 android version.

• 2014-08-11 04:05
  • tUHx

Very Very Good and Balanced Phone . It's very handy having everything that we need .Best Camera / Awesome Gaming xperience . I face only bit of heating prolblem since it's the slimmest phone .

• 2014-08-11 03:32
  • 7w4f

> In reply to CodeCollective @ 2014-08-08 05:43 from y%Im - click to readA simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either.

• 2014-08-10 02:18
  • ubIh

> In reply to CodeCollective @ 2014-08-08 05:43 from y%Im - click to readmaybe you bought a different type of phone which has less than 16/32 gb or second hand or anything. there is 8 gb type for iphone and many others

• 2014-08-09 16:38
  • 3Y2H

My i9100 says 2GB for installation files and 11.49GB of built in storage. That's a combined 13.5GB out of 16GB. That's excellent if you ask me. Maybe you should do a master reset and if that doesn't work reinstall or upgrade your firmware. My S2 is amazing and it's lightening fast. I have no complaints whatsoever.

• 2014-08-08 15:31
  • kiQ2

If these are suppose to have 16/32gb Internal Storage, then why is mine saying storage 'insufficient' to install certain apps, and only have 172mb (AFTER deleting some Apps), and 2gb TOTAL? (2gb Internal Storage WTF?) CPU is always at 80%-90% constantly, if I use a Booster & Close Apps & Widgets running in background I get it down to 75%-80% (Thats closing ALOT of Samsung stuff & Loads of Apps running in background including Norton Identity Theft, Phone Tracker, and other important Samsung Stuff & Communication Apps...) - This is p*ssing me off big time! Anyone solutions on this one? It's always said Internal Storage 2gb, it's the real deal phone bought outright in 2012 for like $500

• 2014-08-08 05:43
  • y%Im

> In reply to Danny @ 2014-08-04 11:39 from N9BQ - click to readGalaxy S2 is updated up to 4.2.2 jelly bean and kitkat can be updated but flashing can do it. but couple of days ago i inquired about flashing of S2 to kitkat, the shop keeper said that in thing reagion the flash has not avialable yet. zip files are available on website but danger of loosing your phone is still there. Wait For Kit Kat

• 2014-08-07 08:13
  • TgAK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-04 09:59 from nTYm - click to readTHE CPU IN I9100 is much better than the broadcomm inside the i9105! THe mali GPU is also much better than the VideoCore insde i9105.

• 2014-08-06 21:10
  • 3buw

hi there please assist my name is danny
and i want to upgrade my S 2 to kitkat can you kindly send me a link to upgrade please
donovankyledhanny@gmail.com

• 2014-08-04 11:39
  • N9BQ

> In reply to rocky @ 2014-08-03 03:58 from iwpE - click to readNot much difference about the s2 and s2+.You can compare them on this site but there are minimal

• 2014-08-04 09:59
  • nTYm

this is a great phone!!

• 2014-08-04 01:40
  • t7{$
Total of 23828 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.