Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

very good phone (y) !!!

• 2014-11-27 16:30
  • fvbD

> In reply to fuz @ 2014-11-23 13:38 from KIUN - click to readGo to the fpllowing Link
Download the zip file, Follow the Instruction, Upgrade by Odin v3.09 (to be downloaded as well).

• 2014-11-26 15:47
  • srgw

download from:

• 2014-11-26 12:48
  • rq@x

how do you get a different alert sounds for text messaging versus email and alarms, etc,,,,

• 2014-11-23 19:35
  • QUw1

Hi, I have samsung galaxy s2 i9100.
android version is 2.3.5
And it is not getting updated.
I have tried from software update but it says no update available, I am from Pakistan. Kindly help me with this issue if anyone knows.

• 2014-11-23 13:38
  • KIUN

you can flash back to gingerbread rom . just download gingerbread rom from sammobile and flash back to gingerbread using odin . i too have flashed back as the camera quality gets pathetic on jelly bean

• 2014-11-23 07:22
  • utnh

> In reply to Dusty @ 2014-11-19 04:47 from ki8S - click to readDusty,

Many thanks for informative and technical post, really appreciated, it seems you know what you are talking about, and I am glad someone like to posted here at last. I am not so technical and if you read my past posts you see how much problem I have had with this phone, first started with battery, then I upgraded to useless JB and I am now stuck with it and it is truly rubbish.
My phone is not rooted, first question I have is what is the disadvantage of rooting the phone? second question is how do I do it?
also you talked about SlimSABER ROM, is that mean you needed to open the back of the phone and physically change the ROM? what happens if you root, then upgrade to Kitkat and keep the inside the phone the same? would it run smooth still?

I am sorry, but I am not techy, but I always work my way around it, so if you explain in simple term I would most appreciated.

I love this phone, and want to keep using it, so please help me with above.

thanks very much

• 2014-11-20 12:18
  • M3Yd

Everyone's problems with this phone seem to revolve around the stock firmware and its updates. It's almost like Samsung is encouraging the use of rooting and different ROMs by doing this.

I've had my S2 i777 for a couple years now, and I have had absolutely zero problems (for my rather pretentious personal use) with this phone since I rooted it and put a SlimSABER ROM on it. The SlimSABER ROM is developed around optimization and smooth performance as its central idea. Because I'm running Android 4.4.4 KitKat, performance is better than ever before with the increase in performance that inherently comes with KitKat's new RAM management.
Thanks to SlimSABER, people with way better phones than mine are in awe, while their stock OS continues to lag, crash, glitch up, and otherwise just not do the right things.

• 2014-11-19 04:47
  • ki8S

can someone please share with me your experience with jelly bean OS!?
I am regretting it so much upgrading my beautiful smooth ginger bread to this utter rubbish OS, I honestly can't believe Samsung gone backwards with Jelly bean than forward.
everything is worse with JB , while GB was efficient simple and logical,
for example : when you making a call and receiving a call the caller ID appears at the top left hand corner with JB while with GB was bang in the middle of screen where it makes sense, who come up with this piece of crap !??

please tell me what is better in JB?
nothing from my experience, and sad part is you can't go back to GB!! WHY???

• 2014-11-18 11:11
  • M3Yd

Namaste....My phone is blocked since two days.....It is not taking my Google account to make it unlock,and unfortunately I forget my pin no too.Please suggest me what should I do.
Thank you.
Mukesh Sherestha

• 2014-11-18 09:34
  • 7w4V

I'm having a problem receiving telephone calls from my son. It would seem like his number is blocked, although he can message me and I can phone him. But it is not blocked - at least not by me.
Has anyone any suggestions.
Many thanks

• 2014-11-17 21:37
  • L6AF

> In reply to Jeelaibatoon @ 2014-11-14 00:37 from 6ku2 - click to readTry hard reset!!

• 2014-11-16 16:26
  • syea

> In reply to zishu @ 2014-11-06 23:19 from vGxA - click to readDefinately u all will get android L on your samsung SII gti-9100 by custom ROM, root ur device & make it more powerful device by getting 4.4.4 android kitkat on it.

• 2014-11-16 08:06
  • rANv

> In reply to Jeelaibatoon @ 2014-11-14 00:37 from 6ku2 - click to readGo to youtube and type how to unlock pattern on s2! Follow the instruction.

• 2014-11-14 17:00
  • v0qT

Pls let me know how can I open my phone I forget the lock screen coz longtime ago I do not use my phone so please reply me now what to do?

• 2014-11-14 00:37
  • 6ku2

Pls! Kindly help me how to open my phone s11 the probably is I forget the password
I really sad how can I open and write now I can't use my samsung galaxy s 11
Pls help!
Immediately thank you!

• 2014-11-14 00:14
  • 6ku2

its gd

• 2014-11-13 13:44
  • uubP

> In reply to Original-Jamaican @ 2014-11-10 20:26 from kiQ2 - click to readDear Original.
many thanks for taking time to share your finding with me. Yes as I said I have tried all the power saving apps, including the one you mentioned, while I had a little improvement still battery drains to 50% of charge within 3 hours only on couple of short phone call and 10 minutes of browsing.!!

It is now 2 days I have installed the jelly bean and I hate it already, it has taken my beautiful lovely phone and made it to semi brik piece of rubbish, who said Jelly bean is faster, it is not! I want my Gingerbread back but I know that is now gone forever!

Samsung haven't done a good job with jelly bean and it is certainly not design for GS2, so if you thinking to upgrade to Jelly bean PLEASE DON'T!

What is your OS? are you running JB?

also regarding the battery apps, since yesterday I have been trying PowerMax from apps store, it is free. Actually I like it far better the Battery Saver and any other apps, give it a try it works.

but still not fully sorted my battery saving problem, I guess the next step is reformatting the phone to original factory reset!

I will do that in couple of days and report back here.
but I have already tried those suggestions you made and in my case only made a little difference.
My battery is brand new, original Samsung and still is a issue, which I believe is the phone/software!

anyone else have any other suggestions??

but try PowerMax, it really save you some battery, but in my case there is a deeper problem somewhere else...

MANY THANKS

• 2014-11-11 11:22
  • M3Yd

> In reply to GS2 fan @ 2014-11-10 17:56 from M3Yd - click to readI always have a SII and use to suffer like you. I then learnt all the tricks of the trade to let the phone consume less power. First of all...install EASY BATTERY SAVER from the play store and set the mode to SUPER POWER SAVING...it will kill your wi-fi connections when the phone goes to sleep...which is especially good if you fall asleep leaving wi-fi on. Turn off all the radios when you don't need them eg. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Mobile Data. Turn off features like auto-sync, auto-backup etc. Reduce the brightness to little and nothing (you can have EASY BATTER SAVER do this for you as well). Let the batter deplete completely at times (as in that the phone shuts off due to a dead battery) before plugging in the charger and allow it to charge in off mode at times. There are many little tweaks you can do to get more battery life. I listed the main ones. Do some searches online for more tips. Please let me know the outcome.

• 2014-11-10 20:26
  • kiQ2

seems no one could answer me , but since then I have found the following solutions which can help

1. there is one app which I never tried called PowerMax from the market, I installed it for few hours now and that seems to have improved the power consumption.
2. Also you need to go to your setting and activate your power SAVING mode, yes all the four options needs to be active.
3. If you using google Now then deactivate it

if above failed try factory reset which means you need to back up ALL OF YOUR DATA/PIC/FILES etc, there is a second level of factory setting which it will keep your pictures/files but you lose texts, and apps etc, I suggest to try that one first.

I am giving this a try for few days before re-set and report back, but so far I don't like jelly bean, don't upgrade because Gingerbread was fantastic.

please share anything else that you tried and if that worked to save battery.

Many thanks

• 2014-11-10 17:56
  • M3Yd
Total of 24007 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.