Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Your reply will be much appreciated,
so is it worth upgrading from ginger bread to jelly bean?
also why suddenly my phone developed a drain battery symptoms, I deleted everything I downloaded recently still the same, new battery also the same. It takes hours to get fully charged!! why is that?

any help would be much appreciated, I love GS2 and I still think one of the best phone ever produced by Samsung.

even the latest phone doesn't excite me as much.

so please advice me how I can resolve the above matter.
Also to say my internal memory is almost full, could that have anything to do with this problem?

• 2014-07-24 17:44
  • 95H4

I need help please
I still have my original ginger bread, if any of you upgraded to latest version experienced any problem?
do you recommend doing this?
my battery recently raining so far, I put the new battery still the same.
please advice me on both of the above issue

many thanks, I really need help please

• 2014-07-24 13:51
  • 95H4

> In reply to blessie @ 2014-07-22 10:29 from wYCF - click to readapps are saved usually into the internal memory. I think they are also downloaded and unpacked in interna memory. Try free app Clean Master, it searches for temporary and unused files and those usually go to hundreds of MB!

• 2014-07-24 11:23
  • xDtH

Fantastic device. Very nice design that looks great even after years since release. Shame the motherboard dies after a few years. I wanted to buy a used one and ran into tens of S2's with dead motherboard.

• 2014-07-24 11:21
  • xDtH

i want to disable the data and work of wi-fi. will the wi-fi disable the data coverage?

• 2014-07-22 15:15
  • N9iT

change the SD card from 8GB to 16GB but still i cannot upload any application. still "insufficient memory".

• 2014-07-22 10:29
  • wYCF

My S2 turned its self off this morning and will not stay on after restart, battery is fully charged
any ideas.

• 2014-07-22 05:53
  • PFq{

> In reply to Monday Odaji @ 2014-07-17 15:16 from ft6x - click to readWhatt App allows only one number so do not waste money downloading several whattapp application.

• 2014-07-22 04:53
  • bCq0

> In reply to kINgtArO @ 2014-07-18 13:57 from fsTy - click to readThe issue will be due to the charger port. I had the same problem just before the phone would no longer charge at all.
I tried installing a new charger prot (for an S2 plus as was cheaper and more easily available than i9100 charging port) but that didn't work. Problem fixed when i got hold of a genuine i9100 charger port.
Now phone charges and is recognised by pc and no fake charging/connected to pc issues anymore

• 2014-07-20 06:20
  • 2Tnu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-18 11:25 from PBU3 - click to readYou can use phone silent mode.

• 2014-07-20 05:19
  • X}jh

> In reply to kINgtArO @ 2014-07-18 13:57 from fsTy - click to readyou need to change the power flex

• 2014-07-19 18:44
  • Puih

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-18 11:25 from PBU3 - click to readShoot on silent mode,this sound is security

• 2014-07-19 16:18
  • bCq0

Hello, my Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 JB 4.1.2 Official ROM non-root thinks it is charging even when it is not connect to any power source. Any suggestion as to what is wrong with it and the SOLUTION ti it?

• 2014-07-18 13:57
  • fsTy

can I upgrade my s2 in to jellybean 4.3 how? someone can help me please!

• 2014-07-18 11:28
  • PBU3

how to off the sound of camera when you shot picture?

• 2014-07-18 11:25
  • PBU3

Hello, listener, i ope is possible for me 2 download WhatsApp Messenger with my Samsung Galaxy S II.... ur candid advice is awaiting.... chez!!!

• 2014-07-17 15:16
  • ft6x

Great phone:
Pros:
1.Great camera, even better than some digital cameras.
2. Great media support
3. No need to unlock bootloader for custom ROMs.
4. Great Design, sexy looks.
5. Nice and vibrant screen.
6. Speedy phone, lag free gaming with Mali-400MP4 (yes its MP4 variant, just check anandtech's review of galaxy s2)
7. Jelly Bean update has decent features.
8. Unofficial Android L support via Cyanogenmod 12 is coming.

Cons:
1. Battery life: onscreen time is very bad with Jelly Bean.
2. Low resolution screen, but not a big issue.

You can also install CM11 on it but according to my experience official JB is better, because CM makes screen look too dull (in JB its vibrant and colorful), camera quality is bad, and you lose stock FM radio (you can install spirit fm).

My advice is, stick with official JB until Android L comes out.

• 2014-07-16 15:24
  • w9DL

Can I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S2 to the Android Kit Kat version?

• 2014-07-16 10:34
  • S35r

i guys im currently using a S2 and from south africa just wondering if i can now upgrade to kit kat
please can you please send me the link to donovankyledhanny@gmail.com
thanks guys

• 2014-07-15 12:43
  • N9BQ

> In reply to Absolutely stumped @ 2014-07-10 02:43 from YdYR - click to readur lcd doesn't work

• 2014-07-14 21:16
  • 6QvQ
Total of 23805 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.