Pooja, 21 Oct 2011Finally i have enough money to buy this phone, i am buying two phones :D one for my Brother. ... moreSG S2 gets fully charged in almost 3 hours, and thereafter further charging is stopped. You can keep it connected to charger as long as you wish but it will not help. You can search torrents for apps.
i'am a nokia player for15 year, everytime i buy is nokia brand, but now compare to s2, I quit nokia, spent to much money$$$$$$$ can't make me satisfy, since s2 come out, I swich to samsung brand, then I find out s2 is super,quality and style. specially SPEED. this is important today for the internet use, so what you think ? my friends.
Edward, 22 Oct 2011I was an N8 user before,, I traded off my n8 with s2. After reading all comments. I would say ... moreI see that you are concerned about the camera images, well SGS2 is not a camera phone.
There are other units which are walkman/music phone, game phone, TV phone, and etc..
N8 is a just camera phone nothing more, that's all.
I was an N8 user before,, I traded off my n8 with s2. After reading all comments. I would say this is one of the best phone currently out in the market,, fast browsing and amazing screen.
BUT after two weeks of used the wow factor has gradually diminished. everytime I look on the pictures taken on my s2 ,, they are not as crisp as my n8.
Its also big if you are type of person who usually put the phone inside their jeans pocket,, you wont likely bring this phone out with you.
And finally value for money, its expensive and the design is not eye catchy... this might be the best phone out there in terms of specs....
People are so un-educated, they are comparing phones which have entilry different specs, even NOKIA dest not compare N8 with SGS2 , because they know very well that SGS2 is thousand times better device than N8.My request to foolish people is compare SGS2 with HTC Sensatioin and Iphone 4s. Take care and think with logic....
geroldine, 22 Oct 2011You dont need to become harsh to other sgs2 user based on their usage and observation for thei... moreExcuse me...
Can you point out which part of my comment is harsh?
I am just correcting his misleading post.
Your experience is not the whole story that will describe the performance of the unit.
Think first before you post because you are not the only user of SGS2.
Yes I do respect true opinion but not the wrong ones.
Ssup guys,i recently bought this galaxy s2 i cant operate d phone coz is asking me of my service providers code n am nt from europe.plzzzz i need ur urgent help
Listen...Problem with S2 here and there...it's sometimes how u handle it...giving it much more pressure than it should actually receive. Guys relax with em phones. I got my N8 and we both koolio with each other, i ain't gonna persuade some1 into buying it. It's okay for me. It might or might not be for U.
itumi, 22 Oct 2011How dare you compare a unit you have been using for only five days with the one you have been ... moreYou dont need to become harsh to other sgs2 user based on their usage and observation for their sgs2.. Respect others opinion of their sgs2 ,and accept the downside of these samsung galaxy s2...i think your paid poster of samsung..and according to my tracker your i.p/proxy is similar to nokia forums that says harmful and trash thing about n0kia...so be fair.....android will eaten alive by symbian belle..android is only just a copy cat os..samsung dont have originality..
Anonymous, 22 Oct 2011hey guys can i ask something guys.. does your sgs2 heats when it charge and used for almost a... moreYes, if you play games or browse on the Internet at the same time as you charge the S2 battery it will become warm, but every phone become warm if you use it at the same time as you charge the battery!
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... moreHow dare you compare a unit you have been using for only five days with the one you have been using for a longer time.
You have to use this phone a minimum of one month with thorough familiarization with its settings before you have to comment.
And some of your post were not true:
Number 7 "I can connect N8 in my PC & sync with outlook, S2 can only sync with gmail & yahoo & facebook contacts. N8 can also sync with facebook contacts".
Number 8 "I can create my schedule in my outlook & sync with that in N8, but to do the same I need to do it in gmail calender".
Answer: For your information all my outlook messages including contacts and calendars were synchronized with my SGS2 online without using any USB cable. As well as my Facebook, Yahoo and Gmail contacts and events.
Number 11 "The ringer is much louder in N8 than S2. I never missed a call in N8 when I'm out in the road, but S2 made me miss quite a few".
Answer: My SGS2 rings loud enough even outdoor I never miss a call and when indoor the sound is not irritating.
Number 13 "That reminds me, I wanted to put my own songs as ringtone in S2. For that I had to wait three days until I got a third party software which let me select something other than the built-in ringtones. Whereas N8 can do it out of the box".
Answer: That is not absolutely true! I just downloaded and install a couple of apps in a matter of minute afterwards I can already customize my ringtone to my preferred songs or tones other than the defaults.
Number 18 "The size of N8 is perfect for using anytime. S2 feels bigger in hand (even after five days of use, I don't like the size of it). S2 is good to look at the screen, but N8 is good to hold and use".
Answer: Because you have been holding N8 for a longer time, your hands get used to its feel thats why it felt different when you hold SGS2. But for me, SGS2 feels good to hold due to its slim body.
Number 21 "The microSD card of N8 in hot-swappable, but S2's microSD card is under the battery (I wonder, why?)".
Answer: I agree with you on this. You were asking why? It is to protect accidental removing of microSD card without ejecting while the phone is powered on, this is for the reason that the microSD card might be corrupted when removed while the phone is powered on without ejecting. That's why they put it under the battery to make sure the phone is off while removing the microSD card. Anyway you will not remove your microSD card every day, every hour or every minute. What's the use?
There are many features you need to know with SGS2 before going to conclude on commenting.
You need to explore every corner, every setting details and every possible enhancement of SGS2 to see the true beauty of this phone compared to others.
SGS2 the best phone of the year!
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... moreI just got S2 y'day, my bro have N8, just one thing i want to say is Android/IOS/Win > Symbian, and thats everyone knows.
I wish people would cared for more technology rather than being a "Brand" Fan. seriously if Iphone ever come out without those restriction they have, and with 3.5mm jack and removable battery and 1000 other things, i will definitely buy it, if nokia will ever come with android with better specs and better display ill buy it...
c'on don't be pathetic fan they don't pay you lol care for more technology and freedom that you can have....
oh dude no offence this is not just for you its for everyone :)
you what free games go to market download four shared but in text theire hd.apk and there is all gameloft games for free
this phone is tihs read it back wards
how is this phone?should is bay it?is there any prblm with this thing??
I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it in mind, it is also a comparison with Android 2.3.3 with Symbian Anna (PR2.0). So here is my comparison with the two gadgets:
01. As S2 has more power under the hood, it is more powerful than N8. N8 feels slower compared to S2
02. The touch response in N8 needs more pressure on the screen where S2 works on light touch.
03. The camera in N8 is definitely better than S2 in the still picture form. But S2 is not bad either, but not upto the mark with N8 (N8 grabs clearer pictures in low light, with less noise)
04. In terms of video, S2 beats N8 with full HD video - crisp & clear. Mind it, when you record HD (720p) in both the phones, they are the same. (I hope N8 gets full HD with Belle.)
05. The S2 is more of an eye candy. N8 is not an eye candy, but get the works done.
06. When I want to connect a bluetooth device, N8 can done it with only two clicks while S2 needs at least five to do the same.
07. I can connect N8 in my PC & sync with outlook, S2 can only sync with gmail & yahoo & facebook contacts. N8 can also sync with facebook contacts.
08. I can create my schedule in my outlook & sync with that in N8, but to do the same I need to do it in gmail calender.
09. S2's office (polaris) is far more better than N8's (quick office) & can do almost everything I can do in my PC.
10. In terms of android market, most of them are free & free with ads. You'll barely find a program with ads. N8's ovi store supports a lot more programs free without ads. I remember someone told me here "when you buy android, you buy a bilboard." Believe me, it's absolutely true.
11. The ringer is much louder in N8 than S2. I never missed a call in N8 when I'm out in the road, but S2 made me miss quite a few.
12. Same goes for the vibration. S2's vibration is very low compared to N8.
13. That reminds me, I wanted to put my own songs as ringtone in S2. For that I had to wait three days until I got a third party software which let me select something other than the built-in ringtones. Whereas N8 can do it out of the box.
14. The built-in memory in both of the phones are 16GB, but I got 13.5GB in N8 & 11.2GB in S2.
15. I can install any programs in SDcard in N8, but can't do all in S2.
16. I simply love to browse in S2. I downloaded mozilla firefox & it grabbed an awesome 313 (+11 bonus) points in html5test.com whereas N8 couldn't reach 100 even after Anna update.
17. I love the widgets in the market of android. It helped a lot to use my S2 (remember external ringtones?). N8 didn't have a lot of widgets available to use. They don't have shortcut widgets to quickly turn on/off wi-fi, bluetooth, gps etc.
18. The size of N8 is perfect for using anytime. S2 feels bigger in hand (even after five days of use, I don't like the size of it). S2 is good to look at the screen, but N8 is good to hold and use.
19. Both the phones come with HDMI, but N8 has HDMI cable included whereas you have to buy an extra device for S2 to enjoy HDMI directly from your phone.
20. N8's 3.5mm port also works as video port (connect the cable you got with N85), but S2 can only do it with HDMI.
21. The microSD card of N8 in hot-swappable, but S2's microSD card is under the battery (I wonder, why?).
22. Both the phones can get their SIM changed by qwitching into offline, changing the SIM card & qwitching to online again.
23. In-call sound is slightly better in N8 than S2.
24. S2's calender can put to give you multiple alarms for a single entry, but N8's single entry can only give a single alarm.
25. Both the phones have smart dial. Suppose, there is a conact named "Albert Einstein" in my phonebook with the phone number "12345678". If I type "albe" (or 2523), both the phones will find the contact. If I type "1234", S2 will find the contact, but N8 won't. If I type "Eins" (or 3467), S2 will not find the contact, but N8 will.
In the end, I can say that, both the phones have their pros & cons. But in my opinion, I love my N8 as a phone whereas I love my S2 as a mini PC. If you have anymore queries (regarding N8 & S2) you can directly mail me in firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll not tell you to buy anything particular, but I'll be able to help you to understand what do you need. The rest depends on you - what you're gonna buy.
Suhanoo (formerly known as N8 Lover S)