Samsung I9105 Galaxy S II Plus - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.6

If someone of you have the non-NFC variant (GT-I9105), can you plase tell me if the Croatian (Hrvatski) language comes pre-installed on the device? Go to "Settings > Language" and see there. Also, is the same language available as input language in Samsung keyboard? Many thanks.

• 2014-01-22 17:15
  • 3q{L

If there are 804 specified that means the reset should be 220MB. 1GB has 1024MB in total. And yes maybe the reset is used by the system but as far as I know the RAM should be recorded as it is not as it's used, shared etc. Could be only 804MB, 1G is told just for the market.

• 2014-01-20 16:22
  • Ia1A
  • F

> In reply to peter @ 2014-01-16 13:24 from sr3k - click to readHi,
You just download KIES in your PC, After downloading you just connect your mobile in the PC and open Kies. That will automatically check your updates. After you can update your mobile

• 2014-01-19 09:45
  • S9e7

> In reply to g8 @ 2014-01-17 14:18 from IWR@ - click to readYes I also own a galaxy s2 plus and for me is the same 804 MB ram. I think that's all the ram that they put in the smartphone, or perhaps there is 1GB ram but 196 are used by the system and they only show you only the ram that you can use for apps and such. Just guessing.

• 2014-01-18 13:22
  • sphP

• 2014-01-18 13:19
  • sphP

It's very fast and smart phone and the update 4.2 is very nice and fast I advice anyone to update it to 4.2 its more stable and smother than 4.1 but I notice battery drain a little fast and I think it is normal because the performance is better than 4.1 and it is not a problem for me .my phone is s2 plus I9105p (with nfc)

• 2014-01-17 18:17
  • 0kP@

Hi. This is a marvellous phone. When checked the hardware specifications of this phone using device info apps, they indicate that this has just 804mb RAM. Not 1GB RAM. Is this common to the other Samsung phones also? Is this true?What about original s2?

• 2014-01-17 14:18
  • IWR@

Perfect ... fast phone smart and best graphic & cool camera too

• 2014-01-17 12:58
  • PEdJ

> In reply to peter @ 2014-01-16 13:24 from sr3k - click to readI dont recommend updating unless it is from an authorized samsung service centre because there is some risk that the phone may go death. In such an occasion, the warranty can be terminated. So be safe always. In addition, once updated, we cannot go back to the previous version in case of misperformance or any fault.

• 2014-01-17 09:23
  • IWSu

Hi!
Please, can someone explain me how to install manaully update to 4.2.2? I'm afraid that something can go wrong, I have never tried to update software.. My phone is from Poland, and the update is still not available for them..

• 2014-01-16 13:24
  • sr3k

> In reply to Farid - Qamar @ 2014-01-16 06:02 from Sdu6 - click to readYeah. The complete memory is 8 gb. But 4gb of it is taken over by the android system so that the user is left with just 4 gb. Dont worry. Its normal. ..I dont recommend u to update the software becausr there may be some adverse effects. In my country the new update for this, android 4.1.2jb is available. But I did not get that update.

• 2014-01-16 09:04
  • IWRQ

AOA!
I buy this phone yesterday and i found its Touch, Camera Results are amazing. I just want to know my phone memory is 4GB but here is mentioned that phone memory must be 8GB. Its made by Veitnam, Samsung Korea.
Please tell me about MEMORY and Should i update the Software?
Waiting for your kind replies......

• 2014-01-16 06:02
  • Sdu6

> In reply to mad r @ 2014-01-15 18:16 from w9K9 - click to readHi. You go and buy this phone frm a reliable phone shop. This phone has two versions
1. NFC version (model no. GT-i9105p)
2. Normal version (GT-i9105)
The NFC version is better because it has nfc wireless connectivity (like bluetooth) and it comes with a small packaging box. My one also is an NFC one and it is "made by samsung"-this is the international version and it is the best. Remember to check this under the battery. How much is this phone now?

• 2014-01-16 05:43
  • IWSL

> In reply to Danyal @ 2014-01-15 02:12 from fBhn - click to readInstall manually very easy and comfortable

• 2014-01-15 22:08
  • i8wS

i am gonna buy this phone next week . is thre any advice.. (manu).. i am a sri lankan. :)

• 2014-01-15 18:16
  • w9K9

> In reply to Danyal @ 2014-01-15 02:12 from fBhn - click to readme too !!!!!

• 2014-01-15 16:46
  • Ntgp

Hi friends, I have been using this phone for 3 months and this is what I feel about this device.
The phone is actually very good for its price ( in sri lanka, around Rs. 39,000/=
The display(The glass is Gorilla glass though it is not mentioned), Sound quality, call quality and the volume, finishing, screen resolution, application support, games performance, internet speed, camera and video quality are actually very good. Apart from these positive features, I found some minor issues.
Cons.
1. sound of the music player lacks a little bit bass( but good and very clear. Could have been better)
2. Unable to send very long SMS messages.(we cannot send an SMS message if it exceeds the total number of characters of 3 SMS messages(160×3) We have send such long messages in mms format because it automatically turns into mms format) So we have to send such a SMSes as a seperate sms messages. Dont worry there is a solution.
3. Unable to receive business cards from nokia phones ( contact numbers via .vcf format. Don't worry. There is a solution.
4. Unlike in nokia phones,The alarm clock does not work if we turn the phone off.
Theses are the major priblems I found in my s2 plus. Don't worry there are solutions for all the above problems.
For the sms issue there is an app in the play store called "Handcent sms" Using this app we can send long sms messages.
For the business card receiving issue, we can install the app "bizcard manager" app available in play store.
We can activate aircraft mode for the alarm clock issue but we cannot switch the phone off.
So considering all these things, though this has some minor issues we can overcome them.. so I can say that this is an excellent phone..

• 2014-01-15 16:20
  • IWSg

> In reply to Danyal @ 2014-01-15 02:12 from fBhn - click to readme to have the same problem !!!!!!
im from Egypt. ....hope someone helping us

• 2014-01-15 15:51
  • Ntgp

Android 4.2.2 Updates for Galaxy S2 Plus (I9105) is Still not Available in Pakistan, What Can I Do? Any Body Help Plz!

• 2014-01-15 02:12
  • fBhn

> In reply to gha88 @ 2014-01-13 09:43 from SsG5 - click to readhow many MB update to jelly bean4.2.2??it large files??

• 2014-01-14 17:04
  • KZ8M
Total of 1797 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9105 Galaxy S II Plus.