Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

please tell me .. it has micro sim card slot or regular mini sim card slot ... thanxx in advance

• 2014-04-22 11:28
  • rJ$@

> In reply to shiv @ 2014-04-17 11:53 from X08i - click to readbuy g2 mini

• 2014-04-22 04:58
  • tCQm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-21 04:59 from kVhh - click to readHello.

Please check if the Proximity sensor is on.
Go to Settings > My device > Call. Make sure that the "Turn off screen during calls" is ticked.

To check if the hardware is working, download "CPU-Z", select "SENSORS" tab. Put your fingers near the earpiece. If the value in "GP2A Proximity Sensor" changes from 0cm to 5cm or something, your proximity sensor is working just fine.

Good luck. :)

• 2014-04-22 04:05
  • UD}D

No official 4.4.2 Kitkat yet for i9195. I don't know, but I prefer Touchwiz over stock Android UI. Although Samsung could have chosen better color combinations, the stock android looks too generic for me. No offense to anyone. Lol.

The Touchwiz launcher is inadequate. Hope Samsung could add gesture support, icon re-sizing, and custom tabs in the app drawer (not just "Apps", "Widgets", & "Downloads"). I'm using Solo Launcher right now. There are plenty of free launchers in the play store, but there's always a feature missing like no badges, non-adjustable margins, no-label icons on the home screen, etc. Paid launchers? No-no for me. :)

The screen is awesome. Aside from the infinite contrast and deep black levels, what I like most about S-AMOLED screen is its back-lighting. It is more diffused compared to LCDs where it hits you full in the face like a flashlight.

This phone can take really good photos, when there's a good deal amount of light. It would have been excellent save for these few things:
The white-balance is off when taking pics (of your lawn/garden) in the early morning or late in the afternoon. Photos have this pinkish hue.
High contrast levels. Photos looked too clean. Some of the "brightness" of the surroundings is lost.
Unfortunately the flash issue of my unit was not resolved. Buying an S4 mini in a "grey market" was my only option considering that Samsung have not officially released it in our country.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a decent-sized phone without burning a hole in their pockets. :)

• 2014-04-22 03:54
  • UD}D

> In reply to raj @ 2014-04-21 16:39 from ut%% - click to readwalk with a charger

• 2014-04-21 22:59
  • B{11

> In reply to J4 @ 2014-04-21 05:05 from kVhh - click to readThat means your phone's proximity sensor is not working! While calling, hold the phone in front of you and cover the top part(ear piece, front cam and sensors) with your hand. The display should go off, otherwise the proximity sensor is faulty. Contact service immediately.

• 2014-04-21 19:51
  • utVn

> In reply to Umesh Giri @ 2014-04-21 16:01 from KAek - click to readhow,s the battery life friend ? using internet !

• 2014-04-21 16:39
  • ut%%

> In reply to virgo @ 2014-04-21 04:31 from t7Xk - click to readUse recomended charger n headphone.

• 2014-04-21 16:02
  • KAek

No isue . Its a fantastic phone

• 2014-04-21 16:01
  • KAek

Where are you from? tell me about the phones perfomance in day by day use.

• 2014-04-21 16:00
  • tet}

Hi guys.. I decided to buy Galaxy s4 mini. pls let me know 1) How about the Screen Resolution , camera & BATTERY. 2) only 8 GB internal memory, its enough for normal usage (i am a gaming lover). if any other issue is there, pls share your experience.

• 2014-04-21 10:58
  • PTi2

• 2014-04-21 10:56
  • PTi2

I have a new S4 mini and every time I make a call my ear causes random buttons to be pushed, sometimes numbers, sometimes windows pop up. Any ideas how to fix this? I don't want to have to lock the screen during every call.

• 2014-04-21 05:05
  • kVhh

I have a new s4 mini and when I make phone calls my ear causes buttons to be pushed every time. Sometimes numbers get typed in, sometimes a window will pop up, I can't figure out how to reduce the sensitivity or whatever is causing this. Had anyone else experienced this or am I doing something wrong? I don't want to have to lock the screen every time I make a call.

• 2014-04-21 04:59
  • kVhh

> In reply to Jake @ 2014-04-20 15:29 from ter% - click to readI'm from Philippines, I have this phone for 3 moths have no problems on heating issues on the phone.

• 2014-04-21 04:31
  • t7Xk

I've been using the dual sim version I9192 since 6 months. Yes this phone hangs a little. Mostly when Power Saving mode is on. It limits the full performance of CPU. Slightly lag a little bit. On Positive side it has features,

• 2014-04-20 19:33
  • KIRw

> In reply to jef @ 2014-04-20 02:48 from Kxny - click to readI have one and I have no problemm with him.

• 2014-04-20 19:08
  • pkVc

> In reply to sinn3d @ 2014-04-20 10:07 from Sugh - click to readI am thinking of getting the S4 mini but I heard that it had some heating up issues which has adverse effects on health. so was wondering if there was any feedback on it before i actually buy it.

• 2014-04-20 15:29
  • ter%

> In reply to Jake @ 2014-04-19 18:11 from teqB - click to readyes! mini s4 have heating issue but why???

• 2014-04-20 10:07
  • Sugh

Hi guys, can annybody tell me is this phone have any problem or hang while you play hd games? Cuz i've planned to buy this phone and i need to know your experince with this phone. Plz i need you guys opinion.

• 2014-04-20 02:48
  • Kxny
Total of 3980 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini.