Samsung i927 Captivate Glide - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
6.8
6.9

Where can i get the flex of this phone?.i need it badly,it doesnt allow me to enjoy my phone.

• 2014-07-20 00:35
  • fuN1

excellent smart phone, everything is good except the battery back up, got to charge sometimes 3 times a day....

• 2014-07-03 19:49
  • 7qBm

I have this phone for a good year, if you ask me it is the most usable phone there is...

• 2014-06-25 20:39
  • gFq@

> In reply to Ba lang nhang @ 2014-06-24 17:05 from tR$x - click to readI bought one since 6 months ago, and it a great smarthphone! the qwerty and processor are great and camera and video too, the only one bad thing is the battery only lives 1 day a full time (wi-fi, calling, etc, etc)

Make sure that is unlocked and sensors are ok.

• 2014-06-24 22:40
  • 95{M

I intend to buy this secondhand phone, should i buy it? Is it a good phone?

• 2014-06-24 17:05
  • tR$x

superb I have it for a year...I bought a s4 yesterday, but on my apartment signal is weak and the i927 had strong signal where s4 can`t work... and more: on my hyundai i30 with standard radio with USB I can charge it and make calls at the same time, but on S4 no...

• 2014-05-31 22:56
  • JqmZ

I owned this phone from last 1 year but recently I dropped it by mistake in water. Maybe my phone is damage but I luv this phone so much.

Its a superb phone, Battery recharge time is only 25 to 30 minute and standby time is 24+ hours.

1. Physical keyboard (Hard to press buttons in starting but latter you will become a expert and it will become so easy for you to press buttons)

2. Strong: I dropped it many times from table, 7ft,etc but it work and still don't have a scratch marks on my phone.

3. Easy to carry

4. 1GB RAM, no freeze issue ;)

5. 4G internet connection, easy to use your phone as a internet modem via datacable.

6. Wifi - Also you can make your phone as a hotspot.

7. Use charger cable as a datacable.

8. Big screen, Good Camera, Good Audio/video recording.

9. I still use 1st scratch guard. LOL.. Most of my new phone's scratch guard removed after a few month but scratch guard of this phone is really good.

10. I was irritate with Automatic screen rotation but in this phone I can easily stop it without going to settings >> screen/display,etc..

11. When you will unplug earphone then music will automatically stop which is a great feature.

12. Battery is good If you live in Metro City and If you live in Village then you can buy a 3500Mah battery.

13. Touch screen is really good and responsive

14. My phone is rooted and I remove all Adware Apps, etc.. ;)

• 2014-05-12 07:45
  • bCX7

I have owned this phone for a year now, and I am impressed with it. The reason I bought it was because of the physical keyboard merged with a touch screen smartphone, and for this purpose it is a great phone. The keyboard is great to use, the keys are very flush to the back but they are not hard to press once you get used to it, which shouldn't take long. The keys light up and you can change settings to choose how long you want them lit for after pressing. The sliding mechanism is great and hasn't become loose or stiff after a year. However the plastic back is very flimsy, and although I don't often remove it, it has cracked and the top corner has broken off. This isn't a problem for me but it doesn't look as nice as it once did. Aside from the back the build quality is good and it has survived a few drops without showing any damage. The screen is unscratched despite not using a screen protector.

I have found the camera to be very good, it takes very nice photos and the front camera is fine for all it is required for. There is a lot of pre-installed software on the phone which I can't take advantage of because it's an American phone, so they are American services. I disabled all of the apps I don't and won't use because you can't fully delete them. I recently found that I have run out of space a few times, even though I moved all the apps I could onto my SD card. There are some apps which cannot run off the SD card so won't be transferable, and I found that I had used up all of the space in the internal memory when trying to update the small number of apps I had (about 20). I don't use this phone for games, although it is powerful enough to run most mobile games.

The problems I have had with this phone are regarding the battery. With the screen brightness always on minimum I still find myself using the 'power saving mode' activated through the settings. Even with this on, it will only just last a day and if you leave mobile internet on it will struggle to top 10 hours of use. If you want the screen at a comfortable brightness and use your phone a lot during the day don't expect it to last long at all, I often have to top up my phone charge when a plug is available so carry a phone charger round with me. Also, recently I have been having problems with the phone battery where the phone goes from having >50% charge left to thinking it's run out of battery completely and switching off. After waiting for a few minutes and turning the phone on again it will be back at around the same level of battery as it started at, although the first time it happened the battery graph showed the phone charging itself from 4% up to 42% without being connected to a charger. It has happened a few times, although the most recent time left the phone unable to fully turn on (it would switch off again after about 30 seconds after each reboot) until I connected it to a charger. This is really becoming a problem as it begins to do it more frequently, and I am unsure whether it is a problem with the battery or with the phone itself.

• 2014-05-06 12:32
  • sr}A

ive watched on youtube about the at&t os upgrade from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich but how bout for those handset from rogers?

• 2014-02-09 21:43
  • 3YgQ

> In reply to Olusegz @ 2014-01-27 04:20 from YcX% - click to read
Hi,
Where I can buy this battery, in Dubai UAE

• 2014-02-08 09:02
  • mTZg

I bought this one and it is great! But there is not 8GB on internal memory, there is only 2 GB.. Am I missing something?

• 2014-01-28 23:07
  • 95{M

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-24 21:02 from fuN1 - click to readMaybe the battery is bad and needs to be replaced.Try installing greenify and use it to freeze apps to see if your battery performance will improve.

• 2014-01-27 04:20

OS gradable to v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) NICE
Camera Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash VERY NICE

• 2014-01-25 22:12
  • Lf0s

> In reply to xcevaxc @ 2013-11-12 01:26 from PtJV - click to readMy samsung i927 dischargings battery but i still want to use it. How do i resolve the problem

• 2014-01-24 21:02
  • fuN1

samsung kies on pc does not detect my handset, sumsung i927 capativate glide. why?

• 2014-01-07 13:09
  • fuvx

> In reply to nummy.southern ont @ 2013-10-15 16:01 from 4fLD - click to readI agree. I went in to the stores so many times and asked what options they had with the keyboard and they always say they don't have any other options. Now I found a few options online. if they aren't in the stores and the employees don't know about them of course they don't sell well!

• 2013-12-26 19:54
  • 6DDJ

> In reply to edemstone @ 2013-10-23 16:54 from QIZv - click to readu need to download Samsung kies to ur computer then go from there. make sure u have data cable for it.

• 2013-12-14 14:46
  • ICdP

> In reply to peter86 @ 2013-10-19 01:22 from ut39 - click to readSamsung i927 is better than samsung s2 becauz
my hanging problem is now solved

• 2013-12-10 07:53
  • U@7K

> In reply to luvly @ 2013-10-14 19:23 from fmg0 - click to readThere's a good chance your OS is gone.. Try reinstalling the OS.. you'll find most of your questions answered at xda-developers :)

• 2013-12-08 23:22
  • v$Dp

> In reply to Ja3R0c @ 2013-11-19 19:44 from 988H - click to readThanks a zillion. I wish you a safe getting back home. Waiting for your reply.

• 2013-12-01 05:27
  • Nkrn
Total of 435 user reviews and opinions for Samsung i927 Captivate Glide.