Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Hello,
Anyone help me regarding security of s3 like if use PIN type security then wrongly input several times then it will be locked and ask for account password.When wifi and data service is off then how can I on wifi because notification is also lock.

I am waiting for you co-operation.
Thank you in Advance.

• 2014-10-21 09:51
  • vQ10

anyone know if this phone would work with the network from Wind Mobile in Canada, Ontario?

• 2014-10-21 02:54
  • 4xHp

how can I upgrade my s319300 to the latest software.

• 2014-10-20 01:33
  • fsWX

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-19 11:32 from mySN - click to readThanks I really appreciate your help

• 2014-10-19 22:18
  • NwqI

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-19 07:41 from Nwqy - click to read@ x85x85

The most popular ROM for the S3 is the Cyanogen one. You can find the latest version here:

That is for the International version of the i9300

Installation instructions can be found here:

Be aware though that you accept risks when you install custom ROM's and you so so at your own risk.

• 2014-10-19 11:32
  • mySN

I still have not been able to figure out re- the Kit Kat upgrade for my S3 - model- GT-19300.Android 4.3 and Device name is GT-19300. Would some one kindly let me know whether my S3 will get an upgrade?

• 2014-10-19 08:28
  • teuM

you can get 4.4 Kitkat by doing custom ROM on your s3 i9300

and you can also have the Samsung s5 firmware exactly on your S3 i9300 .. and can manage to enjoy ultra power saving .. and can fix some s3 issues

just search on google on the best custom rom for samsung s3 i9300 !!!!!!

GOODLUCK GUYS!!

• 2014-10-19 07:46
  • 7Xb6

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-18 09:40 from mySN - click to readcan you suggest a stable custom roms I am completely lost
many roms and unclear flash instructions
do you know safe easy method to flash new rom
and what is the best kitkat rom for our s3 ???

• 2014-10-19 07:41
  • Nwqy

> In reply to cycloneme @ 2014-10-18 15:09 from Rd@7 - click to read@ cycloneme

The S3 is Qi compatible because I use that method as a secondary means of charging.
First you will have to purchase a Qi charger and a Qi receiver for an S3.
If you remove the back cover of your phone you will see two brass pins on the left of the battery. They are the charging pins for the Qi receiver. Place the receiver over your battery with the pins on it aligned with the pins on the phone. Replace the battery cover and place on the wireless charger.
You will also have to purchase a 2A micro USB charger as the receiver requires a charger with at least 1A output.
Also be aware that Qi charging is convenient but slow compared to a mains charger.
Finally, you have to place the phone squarely over the charger's coil. I have one of the new type of Qi charger, it has three coils instead of one. You might consider buying one of those. They aren't any faster but you can just place the phone anywhere on it and not worry if it is in the right place for charging.

• 2014-10-18 19:41
  • mySN

I love my Samsung s3 so much !!!!!!!

• 2014-10-18 17:55

Samsung s3 problems???
Custom ROM your s3 and your problem will be gone

• 2014-10-18 17:54
  • 7Xb6

I love my S3, but lately I'm having problems charging it. I have to hold the phone and cord together to keep the connection. I bought a new cord, and that didn't work either. Would one of those charging pads work with my phone? The description says the device you want to charge has to be Qi enabled. How do you find out if it is?

• 2014-10-18 15:09
  • Rd@7

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-18 11:07 from mySN - click to readhaha. alright. it's a good thing we have someone like you here. *we are not worthy, GREAT ONE who knows everything*

• 2014-10-18 11:46
  • P%uW

> In reply to rusinstein @ 2014-10-18 10:06 from P%uW - click to read@ rusinstein

Not frustrated, just annoyed. Annoyed with people like you that come on this Forum saying 'I've got KitKat on my S3' when the model you have is completely different to the one discussed here.
Because of comments like yours, other users start asking when their i9300 will get KitKat. It will NOT, and it is irresponsible of you to imply that it is available.

• 2014-10-18 11:07
  • mySN

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-18 09:40 from mySN - click to readyou seem frustrated? that's why I said to him that it depends on the exact model of his S3. that's why I mentioned the model number on mine. calm down will you. I never said I have the I9300.

• 2014-10-18 10:06
  • P%uW

> In reply to rusinstein @ 2014-10-18 06:32 from P%uW - click to read@ rusinstein

Is your phone the i9300 model? NO, it is not! Your phone is a different model. It has 2Gb of RAM which is why it got the KK update.
As you seem confused as to which phone you have I can give you the link to your model.

You can see that it is NOT the same as the i9300. I repeat - the i9300 will NOT get KK.

• 2014-10-18 09:40
  • mySN

I think it depends on the exact model of your s3, and on what region you are in. some say they don't have the update. I just updated mine this morning and so far everything is good. I haven't noticed any bug on it yet. model number on mine is SGH-I747M, and is now running on android 4.4.2..I'm from the Philippines by the way.

• 2014-10-18 06:32
  • P%uW

Just updated mine to kitkat today. Everything is looking good so far. I'm not entirely sure why not every s3 gets the update but mine did. Model number is SGH-I747M

• 2014-10-18 03:34
  • XMV{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-17 18:07 from ePyh - click to read@ Anonymous

Amazing, isn't it. Even with all the information that is available some people STILL get it wrong.
The i9300 DID NOT and WILL NOT EVER get KitKat OS
The i9305 got KK because it had 2Gb RAM.

• 2014-10-17 22:45
  • mySN

> In reply to Keidis @ 2014-10-17 08:22 from rvh9 - click to readPretty sure they have, it might depend on carrier though. I say this because I have an S3 on Verizon with KitKat. I believe I got it in August maybe late July.

• 2014-10-17 18:07
  • ePyh
Total of 22366 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.