Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-25 11:03 from 3bUF - click to readOh you know what? Since it's the UK, it may actually be true that you get screwed with artificial overpricing. Blame your country.

• 2014-07-25 11:07
  • 3bUF

Look at the trolls who came to troll on a Galaxy S3 thread. Go on making up way too high prices and writing idiotic crap like "99% of the time newer is better". It's just hilarious. I wonder how it feels to be a shill who spends time on a page dedicated to a product you don't even like. It must be terrible. Get a better job.

• 2014-07-25 11:03
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Angry Mobile Nerd @ 2014-07-25 10:33 from bExY - click to read@ Angry Mobile Nerd

Nice post. You summed it up perfectly. That 'Anonymous' guy fell out of the Idiot tree and hit every branch on the way down.

• 2014-07-25 10:42
  • mySN

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-07-25 06:25 from PHur - click to readDon't waste your time with this guy. I'm guessing he bought a S3 just this year and now is vigorously defending his purchase.

It was a great phone in 2012, and ok phone in 2013, but it's 2014 now. It can still hold it's own (somewhat) to 2014 mid-rangers but fact is I'd still rather have a 2014 mid-ranger over a 2012 flagship just because 99% of the time, newer is in fact better, and buying a 2014 phone in 2014 lets you enjoy the phone for the duration of its lifecycle from start to finish VS buying a 2012 flagship in 2014 only to find out the manufacturer has ceased support and future updates such as the case with the S3.

• 2014-07-25 10:33
  • bExY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-25 05:04 from 3bUF - click to read@ Anonymous

The current price of a S3 is around £239. I purchased my Nexus 5 for £240, so the price is about the same.
The Nexus 5 blows my S3 away in performance.
I have 1.30Gb of Free RAM on my N5, the S3 has 185Mb.
The N5 runs on Vanilla Android, the S3 has that awful memory sucking Touchwiz. Every app opens INSTANTLY on my N5, while I have to wait on the S3.
The camera on the N5 is now superior to the Samsung because Google update it.
While we are on updates, the N5 is running Android 4.4.4 - What is your S3 running on? Will it ever get a Firmware update? NO, because Samsung has deserted that model.
Will my N5 get Android 4.5 when it is released soon? Yes, like everything else on that phone -INSTANTLY.
I appreciate your loyalty to the S3, but it is over 2 years old now and it shows.

• 2014-07-25 10:31
  • mySN

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-07-25 06:25 from PHur - click to readkeep spreading lies, it makes you a great person. "lags". hilarious.

• 2014-07-25 10:28
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-25 05:02 from 3bUF - click to readI made my point and it doesn't matter if you get it or not, because the fact that you think I'm a monkey and your still replying to every post I put up clearly says a lot about your reasoning stills. Enjoy you super fast SIII that never lags Alice.

• 2014-07-25 06:25
  • PHur

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-07-25 03:01 from PHur - click to readGive everyone a break with your propaganda nonsense already. There is NO better for for the price that S3 sells today, not even close, and S3 is much better in many ways, especially ergonomically, screen quality, sound quality, than most new "flagship" phones.

• 2014-07-25 05:04
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-07-25 02:44 from PHur - click to readThe dialer has no delay
Contacts has no delay
Home screen has no delay and S-Voice is crap and disabled. If I wanted something similar I'd get a better thing from the app store.
To answer an incoming call while on a call is so quick and easy that only a monkey like you would find it hard.

Eye tracking is useless to me and it doesn't work with any phone in darkness, not just this one.
The speaker is not "soft", you must be deaf.
It takes about an hour or an hour and a half at most to charge the phone from ~15%. Your charger is broken.
I have no idea what your problem is with "smart dial", you can't even explain yourself properly.
You use qwerty? Just wow.
The dialer doesn't take long to close, it closes instantly when you click back, and it closes after a couple of seconds otherwise, giving you a chance to call back or do something else. Yes, sane people like that.
Indoor pictures don't look like crap, they look good compared to new phones, which may have the capability to take more detailed and less noisy pictures (only a few of them), but are crap compared to S3 as far as blurriness goes, so all that "advantage" is merely on paper most of the time.
You use the included web browser? Get a proper browser, fool.
Yes, you're right, this phone is the best for me, and many others.

• 2014-07-25 05:02
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-25 01:46 from 3bUF - click to readIf you don't know what my agenda is, it's simple......
It's to let people that looking to buy a smart phone now know that the SIII is not the big deal it was 1 year ago. It is good enough for the people that already have it and don't want to upgrade but is a waste of time to buy NEW now.

• 2014-07-25 03:01
  • PHur

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-25 01:46 from 3bUF - click to readIt take it you also like the delay for the dialer to load
You like the delay for contacts to load
You like the delay to go to the home screen because the UI things every time you press the home button you may want to go to svoice.
You like that s-voice never gets anything right on the first try.
You like that to answer an incoming call when you are already on a call is a 2-3 step process.
You like that eye tracking to rotate the screen delay the rotate when in a dark room.
You like that the speaker phone is so soft.
You like that it takes more than 3 hours to charge from dead. When phones using quick charge 2 technology takes less than Half that time.
You like that smart dial don't know to jump the the names you call the most first.
You like that the dialer has do qwerty option for quite dial of numbers that are posted as words in ads.
You like that the dialer takes so long to close when you end a call.
You like that indoor pictures from the camera look like crap compared to new phones.
You like that there is no text reflow option in the web browser.
You are right this phone is great for you! What ever was I thinking. I'm sorry. Samsung is the best and nothing will ever beat the SIII on jelly bean.

• 2014-07-25 02:44
  • PHur

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-07-25 00:27 from PHur - click to readYes, your HTC phone is definitely not "perfect", it's so "not perfect" that personally I consider it a piece of crap. From the UI and various idiotic decisions they made in it and utter unintuitiveness of it, to the many bugs. Yes, Samsung is far from "perfect" as well, but at least they have a far more sensible interface.

The fact that you spend time on this page telling people to switch away from Samsung phones means you have an agenda. You can "LOL" all you want, but it's obvious. No one does that unless they have an agenda.

There are "better phones" now and I need to "get over it"? I have news for you: "better" is not objective, and I happen to like this phone better than many phones that are "better on paper". I like its shape and feel, the screen size is just right for me, the brightness under light is still much better compared to almost all other "better phones", the sound quality is better than most of them as well (including Samsung's), the camera performs better in the real world than many of them and it's fine for me, the performance is fast and "smooth" in every single application I use, and it's just a damn fine phone FROM 2012 that I consider much "better" than phones that can't even give me proper grip because they were designed by monkeys.

You can keep trying to convince people that their Samsung phone is not good enough, *on a Samsung phone's discussion page*, and "LOL" when people see your clear agenda. We get it, you "moved on" to a "better phone" from HTC, that's great for you.

• 2014-07-25 01:46
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-24 21:11 from 3bUF - click to readSo because I say something you view as negative it means I'm being paid. LOL.
So I guess because you can't say anything negative means you are under contract with Samsung. LOL. Grow up man.
If you go back to post from September 2012 - February 2014 you would realize I own a SIII. And have been here helping and complaining all that time.
don't believe because I don't praise a device and recommend another means I'm being paid to do so.
I'm loyal no brand and spend the money I work for to buy the phones I own.
In 2012 the SIII for its price was the best on the market in my opinion so I got one. But it is over 2 years old now and for Android that is a lifetime and there are way better devices out now. I always had some basic complaints with this phone if you would just take the time to go back and read. And my complaints were not fixed in the S4, S5, or note3 so it would have been stupid of me to upgrade to any of them so I switched brands..... It's as simple as that. If you choose to believe there is nothing after Samsung than that's to bad for you, I don't regret my decision. As for why I'm still here..... My wife is now using my old SIII so I come from time to time to see if anyone is writing anything that is useful to her.
I'm not saying the phone I have now is perfect but I'm happier because I don't have to deal with touchwiz. So don't paint this picture for the SIII as still the best phone to buy for the price.

• 2014-07-25 00:27
  • PHur

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-07-24 20:54 from LBi} - click to readSure, whatever, I hate HTC's entire interface and logic, so no. Samsung's TouchWiz is great. I wonder what people like you are doing on this page telling people to switch away from Samsung. More likely you're not "putting your 2 cents", you're earning your two cents.

• 2014-07-24 21:11
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-23 12:12 from 3bUF - click to readHad to put my 2cents in.
It's pointless to go from SIII to S4 because they both have the same laggy touchwiz interface.
But think bigger move away from Samsung altogether.
I upgraded to HTC and could tell you it's UI is much faster and better. With updates coming over the playstore so you don't have to wait on a ROM update when one HTC app has a bug.

• 2014-07-24 20:54
  • LBi}

> In reply to k @ 2014-07-24 13:46 from bCq0 - click to readWhy 32 and not 8? Maybe because he wants 32gb and not 8gb?

• 2014-07-24 15:21
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Sathish N @ 2014-07-23 08:35 from tZbx - click to readWhy 32,8 is the choice.Change to 8gb Sandisk

• 2014-07-24 13:46
  • bCq0

> In reply to hany Davinci @ 2014-07-23 23:19 from fmpr - click to readThese run in the background like android applications.
Nothing spooky about it.

• 2014-07-24 13:43
  • bCq0

hahaha Samsung fan boys. am laughing at u. so u called this mobile. 1 of my friends x using this I collect it n used x very worst fone. battery x worst drops within 2~3 hours. bad network. always searching for network in my village.

come to nokia and witness.
lumia _ windowsphone
Nokia xl_ Android 8hours continues browsin best battery ever

• 2014-07-24 09:03
  • fuvG

When using battery doctor, it always shows a message that it ends 6-8 applications every time even though there is no app is working. How come

• 2014-07-23 23:19
  • fmpr
Total of 21980 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.