Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to SENTHILGANESH @ 2014-04-18 06:34 from U{Id - click to readtry to root the mobile phone it'll help delete the inbuilt apps ! hope it helps

• 2014-04-18 09:25
  • PAZx

Guys my s3 consumes lot of ram about 500mb I erased all the data by formet then it recoverd oly 100 mb oly nw it consumes 400 of ram i there any solution plz help me thanks in advance

• 2014-04-18 06:34
  • U{Id

> In reply to estelle12 @ 2014-04-17 20:28 from vIYm - click to read@ estelle12

You can, but you have to make a backup of your EFS folder first, because the EFS folder on v4.3 is written in a different format to the v4.1.2 and it can't read it. Your phone will just go into a bootloop.
You can do that with an app like ktool. It isn't easy, so learn how to do it before you begin. There is a helpful video on:

• 2014-04-18 00:10
  • mySN

> In reply to aaloksingh123 @ 2014-04-17 20:31 from 7w58 - click to readvery true
At least if they cannot update it to kitkat, they should have fixed the endless number of bugs on 4.3.

Poor people who updated their phones are stuck with a terrible battery life .

• 2014-04-17 20:39
  • vIYm

so that don't buy Samsung......choose only those brand which is taking care of customer rather than earning and sending 100 of new model in market. people want stable phone rather than lots of bug.

• 2014-04-17 20:31
  • 7w58

> In reply to estelle12 @ 2014-04-17 19:34 from vIYm - click to readAlso, I have 4.1.2 currently. If I flash a mod on my rooted s3, and after sometime no longer want the mod, how can I get back the stock 4.1.2?

Will it be possible?

• 2014-04-17 20:28
  • vIYm

> In reply to tiestolord @ 2014-04-17 04:00 from 3q5c - click to readThanks :)

And if samsung thinks that the S3 users will be "forced" to buy the newer models, I think their strategy isn't really going to work very well.
because we no longer trust samsung on future updates, and out of frustration, people might just turn to other companies!

• 2014-04-17 19:34
  • vIYm

> In reply to aaloksingh123 @ 2014-04-17 15:24 from PWAE - click to readIf? LOL.
Thatís a BIG if.
Think about it.
Look how many model phones and tables they make each year. And look how much stock of each the make to keep up with demand. You really think updates for old phones will ever be on time with them?
Just looking I the update history of past Samsung phones before I got the SIII I knew that would never happen.
You talk about HTC & how long kitkat has been out. But there are regions where the HTC ONE M7 & Max still donít have kitkat 4.4.2. HTC also makes a lot of differ devises each year but itís nowhere close to the amount different devices like Samsung makes and mass produce.
You want timely buy iphone or nexus
They donít try to flood the market with 100 different phones each year. & they donít have to wait on some 3rd party to make the OS, then add a skin & shit to it after, which have to be tested on all the different versions of phones before it can be sent out.

It as simple as that. You want timely, donít buy from manufactures that are stretching them self too thin trying to bring out 100 versions every year.

• 2014-04-17 17:46
  • LxG4

My gs3 consumes lot of ram , is there any solution to reduce ram consomption I totally erased the data by formating the phone

• 2014-04-17 17:22
  • GQiQ

how to make my s3 to detect sim

• 2014-04-17 16:35
  • apMf

please tell me i bought new s3 pebbel blue it was sealed when i open it it was having china batterty and black wire air phne etc.but the s3 was made in vietnam GT-19300 every thing was working fine BUTTT when i insert sim it is not detectin it.The sim works with others WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE TELL ME ?

• 2014-04-17 16:22
  • apMf

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-04-17 14:17 from LxG4 - click to readLatest version of kit kat is in market from one year....if Samsung update s3 in time then definitely time limit was not problem but every other brand like sony and htc give update in time. but Samsung wait to expire the time limit and not giving update to s3. You don't understand the their intension. they only want to sell new brand so they don't give update.

• 2014-04-17 15:24
  • PWAE

> In reply to aaloksingh123 @ 2014-04-17 09:06 from PWAE - click to readThere are 2 major reasons.
1. Not everyone region has 4.3 as yet.
2. It is common practice of Android phone manufacturers to stop updating a phone after it is 2 years old. And the SIII is officially 2 years old.

So don't feel like the same thing with not happen with a next brand if you switch brands.

• 2014-04-17 14:17
  • LxG4

samsung is greedy, and never give kitkat to s3, they just looting customer

• 2014-04-17 11:05
  • 9Dg1

Yap, we are eagerly waiting for kitkat update

• 2014-04-17 10:23
  • uNVC

we are also waiting for kit kat for so long for my s3 (i9300. each time I search news for update but Samsung ignore it...so leave it and don't choose Samsung phone when you purchase next time. How funny it is when Samsung is producing kit kat mobile with 500 Mb ram but they said s3 is not capable. They just want to sell newer brand...there is not other reason for not giving update for s3.

• 2014-04-17 09:06
  • PWAE

> In reply to adnan @ 2014-04-03 22:50 from KIqy - click to readIn 4.3 update it was removed,so only qwerty keypad is available.

• 2014-04-17 07:41
  • w4Yd

I need kitkat update for my s3.There are so many bugs in 4.3 jelly bean & every body say kitkat is more stable than jelly bean.I don't know why some people are complaining about kitkat update.

• 2014-04-17 06:22
  • uNVC

> In reply to estelle12 @ 2014-04-16 19:44 from vIca - click to readyes mate there is ;) use vroot english version

• 2014-04-17 04:00
  • 3q5c

Thank you Samsung very much for not giving update to Samsung galaxy s3 (I9300). We don't expect anything afterward from Samsung.

• 2014-04-16 22:02
  • PWAE
Total of 21226 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.