Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-07-25 00:27 from PHur - click to readYes, your HTC phone is definitely not "perfect", it's so "not perfect" that personally I consider it a piece of crap. From the UI and various idiotic decisions they made in it and utter unintuitiveness of it, to the many bugs. Yes, Samsung is far from "perfect" as well, but at least they have a far more sensible interface.

The fact that you spend time on this page telling people to switch away from Samsung phones means you have an agenda. You can "LOL" all you want, but it's obvious. No one does that unless they have an agenda.

There are "better phones" now and I need to "get over it"? I have news for you: "better" is not objective, and I happen to like this phone better than many phones that are "better on paper". I like its shape and feel, the screen size is just right for me, the brightness under light is still much better compared to almost all other "better phones", the sound quality is better than most of them as well (including Samsung's), the camera performs better in the real world than many of them and it's fine for me, the performance is fast and "smooth" in every single application I use, and it's just a damn fine phone FROM 2012 that I consider much "better" than phones that can't even give me proper grip because they were designed by monkeys.

You can keep trying to convince people that their Samsung phone is not good enough, *on a Samsung phone's discussion page*, and "LOL" when people see your clear agenda. We get it, you "moved on" to a "better phone" from HTC, that's great for you.

• 2014-07-25 01:46
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-24 21:11 from 3bUF - click to readSo because I say something you view as negative it means I'm being paid. LOL.
So I guess because you can't say anything negative means you are under contract with Samsung. LOL. Grow up man.
If you go back to post from September 2012 - February 2014 you would realize I own a SIII. And have been here helping and complaining all that time.
don't believe because I don't praise a device and recommend another means I'm being paid to do so.
I'm loyal no brand and spend the money I work for to buy the phones I own.
In 2012 the SIII for its price was the best on the market in my opinion so I got one. But it is over 2 years old now and for Android that is a lifetime and there are way better devices out now. I always had some basic complaints with this phone if you would just take the time to go back and read. And my complaints were not fixed in the S4, S5, or note3 so it would have been stupid of me to upgrade to any of them so I switched brands..... It's as simple as that. If you choose to believe there is nothing after Samsung than that's to bad for you, I don't regret my decision. As for why I'm still here..... My wife is now using my old SIII so I come from time to time to see if anyone is writing anything that is useful to her.
I'm not saying the phone I have now is perfect but I'm happier because I don't have to deal with touchwiz. So don't paint this picture for the SIII as still the best phone to buy for the price.

• 2014-07-25 00:27
  • PHur

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-07-24 20:54 from LBi} - click to readSure, whatever, I hate HTC's entire interface and logic, so no. Samsung's TouchWiz is great. I wonder what people like you are doing on this page telling people to switch away from Samsung. More likely you're not "putting your 2 cents", you're earning your two cents.

• 2014-07-24 21:11
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-23 12:12 from 3bUF - click to readHad to put my 2cents in.
It's pointless to go from SIII to S4 because they both have the same laggy touchwiz interface.
But think bigger move away from Samsung altogether.
I upgraded to HTC and could tell you it's UI is much faster and better. With updates coming over the playstore so you don't have to wait on a ROM update when one HTC app has a bug.

• 2014-07-24 20:54
  • LBi}

> In reply to k @ 2014-07-24 13:46 from bCq0 - click to readWhy 32 and not 8? Maybe because he wants 32gb and not 8gb?

• 2014-07-24 15:21
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Sathish N @ 2014-07-23 08:35 from tZbx - click to readWhy 32,8 is the choice.Change to 8gb Sandisk

• 2014-07-24 13:46
  • bCq0

> In reply to hany Davinci @ 2014-07-23 23:19 from fmpr - click to readThese run in the background like android applications.
Nothing spooky about it.

• 2014-07-24 13:43
  • bCq0

hahaha Samsung fan boys. am laughing at u. so u called this mobile. 1 of my friends x using this I collect it n used x very worst fone. battery x worst drops within 2~3 hours. bad network. always searching for network in my village.

come to nokia and witness.
lumia _ windowsphone
Nokia xl_ Android 8hours continues browsin best battery ever

• 2014-07-24 09:03
  • fuvG

When using battery doctor, it always shows a message that it ends 6-8 applications every time even though there is no app is working. How come

• 2014-07-23 23:19
  • fmpr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-21 03:55 from wHrS - click to readdon't update to 4.3... keep the 4.1.2

• 2014-07-23 23:13
  • rtHc

> In reply to Angry Mobile Nerd @ 2014-07-23 15:16 from bExY - click to readYour reply is really great and to the point, and it contributed a lot to everyone, thanks.

• 2014-07-23 15:27
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-23 12:12 from 3bUF - click to readWow I really got you all worked up.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know I read your comment since you put so much energy and passion into writing it. I didn't want you to lose sleep pondering if I came back to read your reply or not.

That's all.

:-P

• 2014-07-23 15:16
  • bExY

> In reply to Angry Mobile Nerd @ 2014-07-23 11:32 from bExY - click to readNo, YOU need to get over yourself. It's a phone from 2012 that still performs better than S4 in most games, because it has better frame rate because of the display resolution, and generally it never lags in any other application either. Get over your brainwashed opinion that newer is always better and that synthetic benchmarks and company propaganda actually mean anything for real-world performance.

• 2014-07-23 12:12
  • 3bUF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-23 08:53 from 3bUF - click to readIt's a 2012 phone, it sucks now.

Get over it.

(BTW I owned one before and don't miss it a bit)

• 2014-07-23 11:32
  • bExY

i have samsung galaxy s3 when i check for software update they told me that the latest updates has already been installed ( the software installed is 4.1.2 )
any help ?

• 2014-07-23 09:53
  • 0kIY

> In reply to Sathish N @ 2014-07-23 08:35 from tZbx - click to readWhatever. Obviously, you can't express in any words what exactly is bad about the performance, because there isn't.

• 2014-07-23 08:53
  • 3bUF

Bought S3 I9300 2 months ago. Without SD card used the device for 20 days and was worried as "why did I buy this mobile" wasting lots of hard earned money. Then after reviews and suggestions from friends, bought 32GB class 10 SD card and installed in the device. Kept almost all the data in SD card. Even then there was no improvement in the performance. Could not express my feelings in words after wasting so much money for this device. I suggest all the viewers to go thru the reviews and buy it.

• 2014-07-23 08:35
  • tZbx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-22 23:21 from t1$C - click to readNice tip works on Grand too,same 7 taps.

• 2014-07-23 04:23
  • bCq0

> In reply to MASwalih @ 2014-07-22 12:40 from 2T66 - click to readGo to settings then about device after that tap on build number 7 times and tap back.Now u will see developer options. Tap on developer option and there u will see window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator during scale. Now turn them off. Sure it will work.

• 2014-07-22 23:21
  • t1$C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-22 16:09 from 3bUF - click to readActivate developer option and turn off window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator during scale. Try it should work

• 2014-07-22 23:07
  • t1$C
Total of 21989 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.