Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

• Pieter from Holland
  • Rating0

I've been using an S3 for the last few months, and since two weeks I've put the custom ROM CyanogenMod 11 on it (Android 4.4.4). It has made the phone considerably faster, and you can now compare it to an S4 easily. Samsung may not release 4.4 for the S3, with CyanogenMod you can get it anyway, and boy is it worth it. No more waiting times when I open Spotify or some other heavy apps, and much less internal memory in use.

• 2014-08-18 16:27
  • MsbJ

> In reply to Abanoub Kamal @ 2014-08-15 21:09 from fkN1 - click to readreal will get registered with samsung update immediately.

• 2014-08-18 11:49
  • bCq0

> In reply to Abanoub Kamal @ 2014-08-15 21:09 from fkN1 - click to readPlease can you tell me...
Does the phone haves any bugs (because it is the version 4.3) ? how long the battery can stay standby? and if it gets warm easy?
ty

• 2014-08-16 00:54
  • i8j3

> In reply to Abanoub Kamal @ 2014-08-15 21:09 from fkN1 - click to readIf it's working then it doesn't matter if it's fake or not because the Siii not getting any updates past 4.3 from Samsung

• 2014-08-15 22:59
  • PHur

I really want to buy this phone but I am thinking of it's shape.. I like to write my messages with one hand.(hand size : around 16cm)
and second if the new phones s3 are okay now? of the problems the old have?

• 2014-08-15 21:19
  • i8j3

i bought s3 yesterday but i found it made by samsung not made in .... by samsung and it was 4.3 is this fake or real

• 2014-08-15 21:09
  • fkN1

> In reply to Nirav @ 2014-08-13 13:09 from rK0Q - click to readCan u tell me what is mean by non usb charger...and pls also can u tell me that how much is the warranty on charger..my phone is under warranty (9 months completed)..thanku

• 2014-08-15 19:52
  • u1Jy

hi, i found this link to update your s3 with the cyanogenmod kitkat 4.4.4 accidently while surfing: http://www.samsungsfour.com/tu...ogenmod.html

• 2014-08-15 11:58
  • pRy}

> In reply to sad @ 2014-08-13 21:52 from wv%k - click to read@ sad

Remove the battery and wait a few seconds before replacing it.
Then start your phone by holding down the Vol UP and Home button together, and while holding them down press the Power button until the Samsung logo appears. (Three button reset).
Your phone will enter Recovery mode. Use the Vol Up/Down button to select 'wipe cache partition' and press the Power button once. After the cache is clear and it returns to the Menu select 'reboot system now' and press the Power button once again.

• 2014-08-14 16:47
  • mySN

Plz tell me the sudden death issue is solved or not

• 2014-08-14 09:38
  • KIge

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-08-14 00:13 from LBi} - click to read@Anthony is your device a I-9300? Of course its just a fraction of the phones that are affected, my buddy was one of the first few customers to buy I-9300 in the UK from 3 and is using ever since its launch, which is more than 2 years he never faced with the issue. But I guess the mobiles which were produced in the latter bit of its production life would have not come from the same manufacturing plants as the once which were produced in the begining.Much of samsung products now come from Vietnam as for my knowledge for the asian countries and I guess its mostly customers from the Asian countries are much affected. Mine is made in India, I did purchase it from india as well.But there is some issue that is Similar to SDS or SDS.

• 2014-08-14 05:36
  • s%{0

> In reply to Empulze @ 2014-08-13 18:47 from s%{4 - click to read I think it was resolved in 4.1 because in only got 4.3 earlier this year. Needless to say my phone didn't die. September will make it 2 years I got it from my service provider

• 2014-08-14 00:13
  • LBi}

> In reply to Mr. AlboZZ @ 2014-08-13 22:59 from mD6Y - click to readYou donít know what it has to do with release date. LOL
Manufactures are in business to continually make money. They continually make that money but getting you to stop using what you have an upgrade to the new model. But at the fast rate at which new versions of mobile OS come out. It would make must consumers hesitate to buy a new phone if they knew it was going to be stock on an old OS just days after being released. To solve that problem the lager brand name manufactures decided you will get free OS updates up to 18-24 months after the phone was lunched. So early adopters of a model would have a phone the correct OS for a 2 year span. Not a few months or days span like the smaller brand names. If you decides to buy a big brand name model at the end of its update cycle you have no one to blame but yourself.
Btw Samsung, sony, LG, HTC, Nokia, Motorola Blackberry all do this. Apple do this as well but as there updates are slower to come out, There update window is longer.
Note. Donít feel because Samsung is not bringing out 4.4 for the I9300 mean you canít put it on yourself from a XDA download. Itís not like you have to worry about missing out on updates from Samsung for this phone any more.

• 2014-08-14 00:08
  • LBi}

-Thats soo bad that it doesnt get updated to 4.4 it has the capacity why shouldnt it.? I really dont know what it has to do with tha release date its still powerfull enough to handle kitkat ...Such a shame desepointed from you Samsung.

• 2014-08-13 22:59
  • mD6Y

my phone sits on the samsung page does not go any further have charged and taken battery out...has anyone got any ideas..,,not happy...

• 2014-08-13 21:52
  • wv%k

plz help
when I make a call,ppl seem 2 hear me when I put the phone on loud speaker.....what must be the problem?

• 2014-08-13 21:33
  • A8rH

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-08-11 19:41 from LBi} - click to read@Anthony, mate is the SDS sovled in 4.1.2 or 4.3, sorry I don't recall your explanation before.

• 2014-08-13 18:47
  • s%{4

4.1.2 is a better platform than 4.3, but I'm not sure whether the SDS(Sudden Death Syndrome) issue was solved in 4.3.

• 2014-08-13 18:44
  • s%{4

> In reply to kishor @ 2014-08-12 20:15 from U$0P - click to readI had the same problem.

The micro-usb connector of the phone was damaged.

Try some new charging cables until you find one that makes better connection.

• 2014-08-13 15:12
  • M8XG

> In reply to kishor @ 2014-08-12 20:15 from U$0P - click to readChange your samsung charger to a new one. Many of the chargers of Samsung give this type of problems and yes, they are original chargers as supplied by the company. See that you take a non usb attached charger.

• 2014-08-13 13:09
  • rK0Q
Total of 22094 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.