Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-14 00:41 from XrHX - click to read@ Anonymous

If you install a different Launcher to replace Touchwiz and make it the default then it will load before Touchwiz does.
I've always used Chainfire Root on my Galaxy phones simply because they have always proved reliable. Just make sure that you use the latest version... CF-SGS3-v6.4

Root your phone and it will no longer be supported by Samsung, although that doesn't matter because the S3 isn't going to get any further updates.

• 2014-10-14 18:05
  • mySN

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-14 16:09 from Nwq5 - click to readxxugna8 this my version number niw but it asks for download 133mb update what should I do

• 2014-10-14 16:11
  • Nwq5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-14 15:36 from Khhc - click to readI am from egypt but I have Greece version

• 2014-10-14 16:09
  • Nwq5

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-14 15:17 from Nwq5 - click to readwhich country u belong to? Last update came for S3 in India was Dec 2013 end.

• 2014-10-14 15:36
  • Khhc

I check my software update and I found 133mb update I guess its subupdate should I download it or not please help I am afraid to update and problems increase not solve

• 2014-10-14 15:17
  • Nwq5

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-13 11:12 from mySN - click to readMy phone isnt rooted and I cant disable Touchwiz, disabled is greyed out and I can only force stop it. Will that make any difference? I would like to root my phone, its the international 19300 but I'm afraid I will brick it if i get the wrong root. Can you suggest a safe, easy root that doesnt change my firmware or rom for my phone?

• 2014-10-14 00:41
  • XrHX

I want to know whether it's good to update my s3. To cynogenmode. Now it's in 4.1. In cynogenmode which rom is good for 4.4. Whether I can retain my warranty after going to cynogenmode. What are the steps to update Samsung s3 to cynogenmode.

• 2014-10-13 21:01
  • uuZU

> In reply to ak @ 2014-10-13 13:05 from vG47 - click to readYes ... of course there is a big difference in speed and save the battery .... and the most important also to limit background processes and chose 4 processes at most in developer options ....

• 2014-10-13 19:53
  • D{a3

> In reply to alsafi @ 2014-10-12 12:34 from D{a3 - click to readdid u get the speed after doing this?

• 2014-10-13 13:05
  • vG47

• 2014-10-13 13:02
  • vG47

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-13 00:44 from x{@C - click to read@ Anonymous

If you are worried about that then download an app named 'Home Switch' by Stu Alsford on the Play Store. (It's icon is a green circle with a house and 2 arrows on it). It will ask which Launcher to use by default.
I know that by disabling Touchwiz and using Nova Launcher instead my phone now has 285Mb - 315Mb Free Ram, which makes it fly along; no more delays opening apps and no lag waiting for an app to load.

• 2014-10-13 11:12

> In reply to MARK @ 2014-10-13 06:10 from i8wS - click to read@ MARK

Page 22 in the 'Quick Start Guide' that came with the phone. Try reading it!

• 2014-10-13 10:36
  • mySN

> In reply to MARK @ 2014-10-13 06:10 from i8wS - click to readGo to playstore and install screen shot app . App tells u how to get a screenshot using homescreen button and powerbutton.

• 2014-10-13 09:54
  • teqq

Fellow S3 owners please tell me how to make/do a screen capture. Thanks

• 2014-10-13 06:10
  • i8wS

Solved my s3 issues battery drain and overheating issues by installing coolify from play store. Try out guys

• 2014-10-13 03:33
  • 7Xb6

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-12 16:05 from mySN - click to readIs that safe to do? I use Lightning Launcher Extreme, but if that crashes will I be able to restart my phone if I disable Touchwiz?

• 2014-10-13 00:44
  • x{@C

• 2014-10-13 00:43
  • x{@C

> In reply to alsafi @ 2014-10-12 12:34 from D{a3 - click to read@ alsafi

Nice list, I had most of those turned off as well. I also installed Nova Launcher and disabled that awful Touchwiz; that's the biggest memory hogger of the lot!

• 2014-10-12 16:05
  • mySN

> In reply to alex @ 2014-10-12 10:30 from vbyd - click to readIn my case, I stopped ( turned off ) all of these applications and services in my phone get maximum performance ( RAM & Battery ) :

Adapt Sound .
Audiobooks .
Backup (samsung ).
Bubbles .
CapabilityManagerService (Popups when headphone jack used).
Chrome ( browser ) .
ChatON .
ChocoEukor.
Clock (digital) .
Clock (digital) .
Clock (funky) .
Clock (modern).
Cut the Rope (game) . note: turn off ( disable ) all bloatware games .
Deep sea .
Gmail .
Google Bookmarks Sync .
Google Play Books .
Google Play Magazines
Google Play Movies & Tv .
Google Play games .
Google Play Music .
Google Play Newsstand .
Google Search .
Google Text-to-speech Engine .
Google+ .
S Voice .
Samsung account .
Samsung Apps .
Samsung Backup .
Samsung Backup Provider .
Samsung Browser SyncAdapter .
Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter .
Samsung Cloud Data Relay .
Samsung Contact SyncAdapter .
Samsung Link .
Samsung Push Service .
Samsung SMemo SyncAdapter .
Samsung Syncadapters .
SamsungAppsUNA2 .
Search Application Provider .
Setup Wizard .
TalkBack .
Try panning .
Trim .
Weather Daemon .
Weather Widget . ( if you use weather widget keep it on ) .
Weather Widget Main . ( if you use weather widget keep it on ) .
Wi-Fi Direct .
Wi-Fi Direct share .
Windy weather .
Yahoo! Finance
Yahoo! ( news , weather , finance ...etc ) .

• 2014-10-12 12:34
  • D{a3

I just got my Galaxy S3 - I am VERY DISAPPOINTED about the back cover - it is a MAGNET for smudges and dust!!! And the easiest thing in the world to do is to SCRATCH that cover! PLEASE if anyone knows a solution, let me know what battery cover to buy, which will be of higher quality and will not dim the reception signal!
Otherwise I am super happy with the phone, the screen is top notch quality, it even came with Android 4.3 which is superb and much better than the stupid kitkat with its white background and awful design with the ugly ROUND icons like on the iPhone!!

• 2014-10-12 12:16
  • gyvT
Total of 22364 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.