Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Sort by:

Pls help me . Overheating issues on 4.2 Version and rooted.and battery drain so fast...
What is the best custom rom for this and should I still root my s3???

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-16 17:38
  • 7Xb6
  • U

i like this mobil

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-16 13:57
  • 3QRU
  • C

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-15 17:42 from mySN - click to readThanks for your reply

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-15 21:10
  • Nwqy
  • R

the battery sucks

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-15 19:22
  • RxnW
  • H

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-15 13:23 from Nwqx - click to read@ x85x85

The Galaxy S3 is over two and a half years old now, and unfortunately it is showing it's age. Samsung isn't supporting it any more because their cut off point is 18 months, and to be honest it struggles now because of the low amount of RAM it came with. It was a brilliant phone when it first came out and is still a good buy for someone starting out because the price has dropped dramatically lately, but technology has moved on. I'm not going to say which phone you should go for, it's down to individual taste.
Taking 5 hours to charge the battery is far too long. I use a 2A charger which takes about 90 minutes to charge it from about 10% to FULL.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlackB...avel+charger
If yours is taking longer than that then it is either a faulty charger or else the battery isn't charging properly.

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-15 17:42
  • mySN
  • R

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-14 22:04 from NwqS - click to readi agree with @Freefaller ... This is just a sub-update for (4.3)... Mostly, it's about a package Languages.

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-15 13:51
  • D{a3
  • R

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-15 12:31 from mySN - click to readdo you think should I update to s3 neo or htc desire 816
if I want to buy new one I love my s3 but battery problem and screen size became a problem

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-15 13:23
  • Nwqx
  • R

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-15 12:31 from mySN - click to readthanks I tried to update but after download my s3 reboot and it said failed to download update with kies
so I guess I will stick with my s3 but I notice that charging take along time from 3 days it doesn't charge quickly usually I finishe after 2 hours but today it take 5 hours

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-15 13:21
  • Nwqx
  • R

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-14 22:04 from NwqS - click to read@ x85x85

If the file is only 133Mb as you claim then it is only a minor update to your present Firmware. If your phone does everything you want it to do at present then it is up to you whether you install it or not.

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-15 12:31
  • mySN
  • U

This phone is amazing!!! I Love it!!! best phone ever and its not that laggy :D

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-15 10:29
  • uH%8
  • U

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-14 21:56 from mySN - click to readWhat about update should I download it

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 22:04
  • NwqS
  • U

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-14 20:55 from NwqS - click to read@ x85x85

If you have SU then your phone is rooted, you don't need Chainfire.

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 21:56
  • mySN
  • R

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-14 20:55 from NwqS - click to readby the way I am sure I have original s3
I check imei number in several websites and I enter tgis cide*#0#* I get sscreen with phone functions and samsung apps work on it

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 20:58
  • NwqS
  • R

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-14 19:37 from mySN - click to readWhen I bought my phone it was already rooted
I found superuser app but I didn't find triangle app
what it this wired update
and my phone from Greece

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 20:55
  • NwqS
  • R

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-14 19:37 from mySN - click to readWhen I bought my phone it was already rooted and I found superuser app but I didnt fint triangle app

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 20:54
  • NwqS
  • R

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-10-14 19:35 from mySN - click to read@ x85x85

... Unless you have used 'Triangle away' to reset the binary count. Have you?

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 19:37
  • mySN
  • R

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-14 18:34 from NwqS - click to read@ x85x85

You state that your phone is already rooted. If it is then the binary count would increase by 1 and your phone would no longer be supported by Samsung; yet in an earlier post you claim that you have an update waiting to download. That is impossible.

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 19:35
  • mySN
  • R

> In reply to Freefaller @ 2014-10-14 18:05 from mySN - click to readI didn't understand I have atom and smart launcher and smart is default what chainfire will do exactly and my phone is already rooted

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 18:34
  • NwqS
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-14 00:41 from XrHX - click to read@ Anonymous

If you install a different Launcher to replace Touchwiz and make it the default then it will load before Touchwiz does.
I've always used Chainfire Root on my Galaxy phones simply because they have always proved reliable. Just make sure that you use the latest version... CF-SGS3-v6.4

http://download.chainfire.eu/1...GS3-v6.4.zip

Root your phone and it will no longer be supported by Samsung, although that doesn't matter because the S3 isn't going to get any further updates.

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 18:05
  • mySN
  • R

> In reply to x85x85 @ 2014-10-14 16:09 from Nwq5 - click to readxxugna8 this my version number niw but it asks for download 133mb update what should I do

  • Reply
  • 2014-10-14 16:11
  • Nwq5
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 22382 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.