Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Thank you Samsung very much for not giving update to Samsung galaxy s3 (I9300). We don't expect anything afterward from Samsung.

• 2014-04-16 22:02
  • PWAE

> In reply to SENTHILGANESH @ 2014-04-16 18:29 from s898 - click to readIs there any way to root S3 without losing warranty?

• 2014-04-16 19:44
  • vIca

> In reply to nikz @ 2014-04-13 19:58 from fCx} - click to readS nikz we can connet pendrive with the help of otg cable it costs 70 to 80 rs oly its plug and play type no need to install any app

• 2014-04-16 18:29
  • s898

> In reply to francoist @ 2014-04-14 23:46 from NmRZ - click to readThe term “stock version”. Means the unmodified version made by the manufacturer for your device.
The stock version of android for the SIII comes with Touchwiz and S-voice.
If you don’t have that, it means 1 of 2 things.
1. You have a fake SIII
2. You have an authentic SIII but don’t have a stock ROM installed.

Side effects of not having a stock ROM are….
a. You don’t get updates for you Android.
b. Even if you re-install the stock ROM. You still don’t get updates because your flash counter would have detected that at some point you had an un-official modification (rooting is just one example) and now your flash counter would no longer be set to zero, which is needed to get updates from Samsung.

Anyway, based on parts of your question, something tells me you are mixing up the term “stock version” with “google play edition”.

Google play edition is when the official ROM has none of the manufacturer U.I. add-ons in it and it’s just a pure version of Android. (No S-sweat, no touchwizz, no bloat ware.)
Both the stock i9300 version and the google play edition has "google now". But only the stock i9300 version has S-voice which is part of the S-sweat of apps.

So if you are asking if the SIII has a google play edition, the answer to that is YES. But it’s not for the i9300 version of the SIII. So it’s impossible to get that edition “stork” for the i9300 model. You would have to get it “Cooked”

• 2014-04-15 21:09
  • LxG4

> In reply to francoist @ 2014-04-14 23:46 from NmRZ - click to read4.3 update available through kies

• 2014-04-15 17:47
  • uNVG

its a gud phne so u tl me my phne takes 3 hrs to chrge the btry full ur s3 also tkes sme time.

• 2014-04-15 11:37
  • XuUK

yes there is so many fake s3 even u cant catch its orginal or fake..take to service center they let u knw...fake s3 had low ppi and bad camera....if u see hd wallpaper then u cant see clearly and camera quality poor at night

• 2014-04-15 10:07
  • XuT9

> In reply to francoist @ 2014-04-14 23:46 from NmRZ - click to readI think you bought the fake s3

• 2014-04-15 04:47
  • PQ9k

Helo friends......What is
Planned upgrade to v4.4.2 Kitkat...in galaxy s3 ....

• 2014-04-15 02:56
  • Hkq0

Hi guys.

I really like my S3. For me it still feels the most natural in my hand.

My phone has been really lagging lately, and I was wondering if there's a way to install the stock version of Jelly Bean 4.1.2?
I see a few sites recommend CyanogenMod but there's mentions of losing feature like the GPS and S-voice...
I know S-voice is a Touchwiz feature, but does the stock version have something similar? Google Now?

Another thing, I still have 4.1.2 and I see Samsung's released an updated version 4.3 for the S3. My auto update says it has the latest software installed? Can it be my network provider?

Thank you in advance for the help.

• 2014-04-14 23:46
  • NmRZ

> In reply to style @ 2014-04-13 16:14 from rKm2 - click to readWake up problem has been resolved in small update which was released last week, update and format phone

• 2014-04-14 07:54
  • rK9w

> In reply to style @ 2014-04-13 16:14 from rKm2 - click to read@ style

The lag opening the lock screen is annoying but it is due to the phone reading the SD card.

However, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the time it takes for the screen to unlock.

1) Turn off the double tap on S-Voice. Open the app drawer and select S-Voice. Then press the left soft button and select Settings. Untick 'Open via the home key'.

2) Turn off Location Services. Goto Settings/More/Location services, and tap on it. Then untick 'Access to my location'.

• 2014-04-13 20:25
  • mySN

> In reply to Aki @ 2014-04-13 15:48 from vIdc - click to readlol forget it aki. the rules ask you to be polite but apparently no one follows them here.

i got a similar kind of response here when i tried to help a guy here a few days ago. no respect for women dude. they think they are all knowledgeable and stuff. knowledge is seriously worthless if you're so so..

just ignore them. they will stop eventually.

• 2014-04-13 20:09
  • vIdc

is it possible to conect pendrive in galaxy s3????

• 2014-04-13 19:58
  • fCx}

> In reply to D9 @ 2014-04-13 15:04 from v}7V - click to read@ D9

Thank you.

• 2014-04-13 16:36

> In reply to EDDiCTS @ 2014-04-13 05:49 from vV5G - click to read@ EDDiCTS

The problem could be the way that the SD card has been formatted. It should be in FAT32 and not Exfat format. The best thing to do is go to Settings/More and come down to 'Storage'. Tap on that and scroll down to the SD card section and tap 'Format SD card'. Your phone will format the SD card into a format that it recognises. (This will delete everything on the card though).
Another possibility could be the card that you are using. Some Samsung phones have a problem with Sandisk 32Gb class 10 cards. There are different theories why that is, but I have had on those particular cards fail on my phone.
Before you try any of the above though I would suggest that you try the card in another phone first to see whether it is corrupted or not.

• 2014-04-13 16:34

Hai guys
I bought samsung galaxy s3.
Its a good phone .
Not founded any lag.
Battery backup is very good.
Only the problem I see is it takes 3-4s to on the display when the unlock switch is pressed.
That's not a serious problem.
Its a good phone.
Camera performance is great.
Also I like the cool voice commands.
We can control the device using the voice commands.
Gaming performance is the maximum
Guys go for samsung galaxy s3

• 2014-04-13 16:14
  • rKm2

It is indeed a great job you guys are doing.

But next time if someone else tries to help and is not accurate with his information, it'd be nice if you treated him with some dignity.

• 2014-04-13 15:48
  • vIdc

> In reply to [deleted post]Certainly you are new to this S3 page. I've seen post since the birth of this S3! and people do post some crazy questions again and again. Freefaller™ and Anthony are the most helpful and informative persons in here. They're both great in English skills and knowledges on most about this kind of product.I believe the question that Freefaller™ post was being sarcastic only. This man knows too much!

• 2014-04-13 15:04
  • v}7V

> In reply to D9 @ 2014-04-13 13:21 from v}7V - click to readI certainly do not think i gave anyone" wrong information". I simply answered the question, though i did not answer in a proper way.. The question clearly asked if people mean battery life by" battery backup".
And most people, though incorrect, do use that term in place of battery life.

• 2014-04-13 14:26
  • vIdc
Total of 21227 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.