Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Finally samsung s3 wont get update of kitkat sooooo sad for it....

• 2014-05-12 19:51
  • sUwx

Today I received a new official update firmware no(I9300XXUGND2)for Samsung GT-I9300 (android 4.3) to improve performance for the system (Samsung report) . I thik that Samsung will bring more of these updates to make the system (4.3) more stable and effective , rather than update to (4.4 KitKat)!!!!!

ukraine - kharkiv

• 2014-05-12 19:35
  • D{a3

> In reply to killer droid 4.3 @ 2014-05-12 17:57 from xECu - click to readAnything would be faster than Touchwiz in my opinion. LOL
But would Nove Launcher solve the delay in the dialer and contacts? The delay that drove me nuts on the SIII, is still there in the S5. But if that delay didnít bother you then go with the S5.
b.t.w. Is there any reason why you are not interested in the M8 or Z2?

• 2014-05-12 19:28

good mobile.

• 2014-05-12 18:55
  • 6pJe

My S3 is on jelly bean 4.3 when i install viber phone ccrashes & restarts till I uninstall. Pls. Advice

• 2014-05-12 18:37
  • X06h

My S3 is on jelly bean 4.3 when I install viber phone crashes & restarts till I uninstall pls. Advice

• 2014-05-12 18:34
  • X06h

My S3 is on 4.3 jelly bean,after installing viber phone crashes & then restarts but after uninstalling viber it works fine, pls.advice

• 2014-05-12 18:26
  • X06h

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-05-12 16:49 from LKnt - click to readOk if I use nova launchers on the new S5 it's should be OK then??

• 2014-05-12 17:57
  • xECu

> In reply to killer droid 4.3 @ 2014-05-11 15:41 from qd}X - click to readIím not going to tell you what to buy because our likes in a device may not be the same, but I will tell you what to look out for.

With the new Android 4.4.2 there is no smart phone with a SD card slot that will function the way you are accustom with downloaded apps. Because of this even if you want a phone with a SD Card slot, make sure it has a large amount of internal storage also, the phone you pick should come with the editing apps that you want saving files directly to the EXT SD pre-installed on the phone.
My reason for saying this is as follows.
Apps that come pre-installed with the phone seem to still have full access to the SD card for doing write commands but downloaded apps are very restricted with what there write capabilities are.
Eg.
Poloris Office 5 came pre-installed with my ONE MAX and can save files directly to my EXT SD but the downloaded Kingsoft office canít.
The photo editor that came built into the Gallery can save directly to the EXT SD but the downloaded MySimple Sketch canít
Downloaded Torrent apps canít save torrents to the EXT.
The downloaded ES File Explorer canít copy/move/delete from the EXT SD
Clean Master can see junk on your EXT SD but canít remove it.
Moving apps to EXT SD from settings was also limited and frankly i would say is pointless.
e.g. FIFA 14 when total on internal storage is 1.8GB but when moved to EXT SD the total jumps up to 1.82GB this is because only 37.59mb is moved/copied to EXT SD and 1.79GB remains on the internal storage.
If the phone you pick does not come with a file manager pre-installed like the ONE MAX (for example) paste/move/delete/rename/create new, Will only be able to be done on the EXT SD by
1. The apps that were pre-installed that can do that task
2. Using a USB OTG cable and a micro SD card reader (remover your card and put it in the reader)
3. Connect to a PC and use file explorer/MY computer on the PC.
When I was deciding what to upgrade to I was deciding between the ONE MAX & the Note 3 but because how much touch wiz frustrates me with its sluggishness I went with the MAX. Sense U.I runs circles around the Touchwiz UI.

• 2014-05-12 16:49

> In reply to sakr @ 2014-05-12 13:08 from rkag - click to readno it does not

• 2014-05-12 14:27
  • LKnt

is it mobile support FM transmitter ?

• 2014-05-12 13:11
  • rkag

is it mobile support FM transmitter ?

• 2014-05-12 13:08
  • rkag

Nothing new in 4.4 kitkat. U can share ur files, movies, photo with the help of bluetooth. The only thing i miss in android is memory card option for applications.

• 2014-05-11 18:10
  • ut2j

> In reply to Freefallerô @ 2014-05-11 16:20 from mySN - click to read@freefaller, thanks a lot, i wil give a try both of them

• 2014-05-11 17:27
  • t1$A

My main problem is that i cant downgrade to 4.0 or 4.1 because of generique imei. I tried many times and same problem so im blocked in this version 4.3 just to resolve battery buckup.

• 2014-05-11 17:02
  • fvjF

> In reply to minku12 @ 2014-05-11 15:47 from t1$A - click to read@ minku12

There are plenty of Launchers to choose from on the Play Store.
I have tried out a lot of them and finally settled on Smart Launcher 2 on my S3. It is low on RAM resources and there are plenty of themes to choose from. The PRO version supports widgets on the screen. It also supports icon packs so you can customize it further.
Nova Launcher is also a popular launcher but it hasn't been updated for a long while. At the end of the day though it down to your own preference.

• 2014-05-11 16:20
  • mySN

anthony and freefaller,
can u suggest me wic is the best launcher for s3? Samsung touchwiz is taking huze ram

• 2014-05-11 15:47
  • t1$A

> In reply to Anthony @ 2014-05-10 21:57 from PHur - click to readAnthony I want to upgrade this summer I had an S3 for like 2 year since day one. The main reason I bought the S3 was because of an micro SD card slot. I really don't care about the update, but I do care about a micro SD card slot. Which new smartphone should I buy then Anthony???

• 2014-05-11 15:41
  • qd}X

What did you buy for your upgrades??

• 2014-05-11 15:20
  • qd}X

Oh my God, Oh my God, what's happening? I purchased the phone GS3 three months ago instead of GS2 to get official updates from the Samsung ... All reports of Samsung says that GS3 will get the updat(kitkat) during this month and I am waiting day after day. after that the sad news broke the hearts of 40 million users of GS3 (there is no update to the kitkat!!!!!!) because the internal memory of GS3 less than 1 GB !!!!! the reason is not convincing and proof is the mobile galaxy ace style (internal memory 500 MB only)!!!!! ....This is a shame ... Why Samsung did not tell us the truth all this time. Why there is no respect for the promises ... Samsung want us to throw the phone in the waste basket to buy a new mobile every year. Not everyone has a budget to buy high-priced phones every year. Thank you Samsung!!!!! It's really disappointed!!!!

• 2014-05-11 12:23
  • D{a3
Total of 22425 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.