Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2014-04-09 13:39 from mySN - click to readYou were right on track about what you said in term of "Battery backup". They're referred to "normal battery" that power the unit.This term of language only Indian seem to use a lot.I wonder what they're called when the actual "battery backup"?

• 2014-04-13 02:06
  • N5ud

> In reply to Craz @ 2014-04-12 10:07 from vLQT - click to readI agree with you.:)
Samsung does tend to have a "cheap" look and feel to their designs. I've never been a fan of Samsung. I only had to get the S3 cause it was a choice that had to be made on a situation I had back then. I actually did like it though, great smartphone even though the amoled has that inevitable burning in of pixels. and it's very light, whihc I really liked. the build quality isn't that great specially on the white one. it looks really cheap. but overall I did like it, did every function it is made for. too bad the motherboard gave up (sudden death syndrome as they call it), I'm actually lucky to have had mine reach a year before it died. I've read on some forums they had that death syndrome on their s3 just a few months after purchase. if and when they improve on their designs maybe then I'll purchase another of this brand.:)

• 2014-04-13 01:51
  • vpY2

> In reply to Aki @ 2014-04-10 19:17 from vIdU - click to readIt's annoying when you have no idea what you were talking about, kindly please shut up!

• 2014-04-13 01:44
  • N5ud

> In reply to rattus @ 2014-04-11 19:58 from 2@x$ - click to read@ rattus

Your question is too vague. It would help if you explain exactly what the problem is.

• 2014-04-12 23:04
  • mySN

> In reply to Aki @ 2014-04-12 20:28 from vIYC - click to readAnd I don't think Samsung phones are any cheaper than their competitions.

Galaxy S4 gave Xperia Z a huge competition. Both are priced the same, but the S4 easily beat Xperia Z in the number of sales. It is just that Samsung is an old company and very much experienced in Android-phone making, which makes people confide in samsung.

Galaxy S3 gave Xperia Ion and Xperia SP a tough competition. All of them are priced the same.
The point is, people do not prefer samsung because of the price.

And when S3 was released, it was one of the most expensive android phones of its time.

The price has dropped by over $250 because it has been two years and surprisingly, the phone hasn't left the market because of public demand or whatever reasons I don't know.

• 2014-04-12 20:34
  • vIYC

> In reply to Craz @ 2014-04-12 10:07 from vLQT - click to readI think "low price" is one of the pros, not one of the cons.

S3 features a very expensive Wolfson DAC. This audio chip has been proven to provide the clearest and the best possible audio quality.

Their Quad-Core Mali is enough to run all sorts of apps all at a time without a tiny significant lag. It is true that Snapdragon is superb, has the highest benchmark scores, but still, the benchmark scores of the quad-core S3 are also way too high, and are excellent for browsing, gaming etc and S3 is, in no way, worse in performance than any snapdragon processor phone.

And the design is user-specific. I like how they keep it simple. Others like more fancy design. There are many who hate the glass-back of xperia phones. It varies from people to people. And my Pebble blue galaxy s3 has not faded any color so far.

• 2014-04-12 20:28
  • vIYC

youtube video very bad qualtity in 3g connection, but wifi connection excellent video quality. in s3
at the same time iphone4 or 3g 0r 3gs youtube video quality excellent in 3g connection.

• 2014-04-12 15:24
  • ptKu

> In reply to kr @ 2014-04-12 10:46 from t1$B - click to readGo to security

• 2014-04-12 14:50
  • uvTP

Awesome mobile which ever i had experience.. really awesome mobile.features are impressive and camera clarity awesome, 2 years old mobile even though still competitor in the market. please do not compare with grand 2.

• 2014-04-12 14:14
  • v$Cn

How to factory reset plz help

• 2014-04-12 10:46
  • t1$B

i also find this problem

• 2014-04-12 10:25
  • uwp}

> In reply to rusinstein @ 2014-04-12 02:44 from P%uV - click to readYeah,No doubt that GS3 is still one of the best selling phones out there. But regarding about the low pricing,Samsung uses cheap design materials(Like plastic) and hardware specs(like Exynos processor/Mail GPU which is no way to be compared with Snapdragon and Adreno) in their flagships like S4, Which is why I think Samsung models will be cheaper compared with other brands like Sony/HTC. Even in my GS3 the silver bezel paint is already fading. Samsung need to improve in certain aspects like design and memory management.

• 2014-04-12 10:07
  • vLQT

I did factory reset but iy is of no use. .....its still not working .idk y dis hell problem is started ....plz help me guys

• 2014-04-12 08:08
  • 2@x4

> In reply to mark @ 2014-04-12 06:25 from i8wS - click to readDo a factory reset simple.

• 2014-04-12 06:47
  • bCqn

Pls help. How can I restore the original homescreen of my S3? I previously changed it with a photo and now I want to reinstall the original but i don't know how to do it. Thanks a lot!

• 2014-04-12 06:25
  • i8wS

> In reply to Aki @ 2014-04-11 12:56 from vI1% - click to readmy point is, s3 is one of the top smartphones when it came out and it is relatively cheaper than other brands in the same range of specs. even the newer models of Samsung is cheaper than it's competitions. that's actually my point why Samsung leads on market sales, because they have lower prices. of course if anyone plans on buying a smartphone they will go for the more affordable with higher specs. like for example, some newer htc or sony models are more expensive than the s3 but has lower specs, naturally more people will go for the s3 cause it is more affordable and it has higher specs.

• 2014-04-12 02:44
  • P%uV

Hey I m using of samsung s3 their is prob regarding multiwindow ...plz help me asap ..my cell is updated at 4.3 ......I m facing dis prob from last 2 days...plz help me asap ...what to do?

• 2014-04-11 19:58
  • 2@x$

> In reply to rusinstein @ 2014-04-11 12:06 from XMV{ - click to readNo, s3 is still giving a tough competition to many new sony phones. I dont see any of the old xperia line phones or old htc phones still selling in the market. Htc desire series and the mid range sony xperia phones were not too pricey, still did not make much success.

• 2014-04-11 12:56
  • vI1%

> In reply to Aki @ 2014-04-11 10:48 from vI1% - click to readmost probably because of their prices. HTC and Sony flagships are too pricey compared to Samsung's, with same specs.

• 2014-04-11 12:06
  • XMV{

> In reply to Aki @ 2014-04-11 10:48 from vI1% - click to readbcoz due to sd card slot and removeable battery

• 2014-04-11 11:17
  • 7tKx
Total of 22095 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.