Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I recently purchased a 64Gb Flash Drive (Read Speed: up to 24 MB/s - Write Speed:up to 24 MB/s so it's easily fast enough) for £20; and an OTG (On The Go) cable for £2.
I then used a DVD Ripper program to convert my favourite DVD's into .mp4 format. I have estimated that I will be able to save approximately 60 films onto the drive.
This solution is perfect for me. I can connect the Flash Drive to my SGS3 and watch a film whenever I want without clogging up my SD card.

• 2012-09-04 19:45
  • 3G54

can galaxy s3 mobile install internet explorer 8.0

• 2012-09-04 19:40
  • bJf@

The only reason i am buying s3 is-

a)i need to make a lot of calls and s3 have a bigger keypad than one x

b)i need a lot of battery so i have brought another battery

NOTE-i have came from motorola razr maxx so i feel battery very less but other wise its ok

• 2012-09-04 19:28
  • t}jT

> In reply to Julie @ 2012-09-04 15:08 from rwa7 - click to readHtc one x does't support video call

• 2012-09-04 18:51
  • utAX

> In reply to iSJ5 @ 2012-09-04 18:07 from t7Xh - click to readSymphatising or spying? Looks like the latter to me.

• 2012-09-04 18:48
  • IV%w

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-04 18:20 from PG5b - click to readis the the name of the app (things?)
im trying to find it

• 2012-09-04 18:48
  • LxG4

Stop whining God!! Phones will not go anywhere special over the coming years so just deal with it. How much can they change the design of a flat phone ffs hardly any. All that will happen from now on is better Batteries/1080 screens/Better video/photo capabilities There gets to a point where you can't really go forward that fast. This phone has more power than some work Laptops I dealt with from 7yrs ago and people cry about a little battery. WAKE UP and stop expecting the IMPOSSIBLE

• 2012-09-04 18:37
  • ceE9

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-09-04 17:07 from LxG4 - click to readHave you tried using Things? It does exactly what you described.

• 2012-09-04 18:20
  • PG5b

> In reply to iSJ5 @ 2012-09-04 12:06 from t7Xh - click to readYou are a funny guy and also an ifan. May I know why is an ifan guy doing in this S3 forum?

• 2012-09-04 17:33
  • IV%w

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-04 16:51 from vMew - click to readA zip file that has no strong alpha-numeric password dose not help you if your phone gets in to the wrong hands. I need the files to be none viewable even if it is found. Unless I put in the password.
E.g. If I was to take a video with my wife, I donít need a prying individual to see that.
Or bluetooth it to them self for later viewing. Password protecting the file is the only solution.

is there a app on Android that can do that.
zip and winrar did it in windows mobile. come on people there must be somthing on Android that can do this simple fuction.

• 2012-09-04 17:24
  • LxG4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-04 16:01 from vMew - click to readOk I looked and wunderlist. And it has the same problem as task in S planer. Added to which it dose not sync with Microsoft outlook on my PC.
For a recurring bill there is no way to till it the task happens every month
For task that are going to start next month on a particular date, There is no way to tell it when the task starts.
For task that go on for more than 1 day, there is know place to put in the start date.

Appointments in S planer let you put in a start and end dated and even lets you say if it is recurring. problem is appointments donít let you mark them as completed.

Really hope you understand what Iím looking for now.

• 2012-09-04 17:07
  • LxG4

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-09-04 16:37 from LxG4 - click to readwhy dont you just use the zip app and then hide it?

• 2012-09-04 16:51
  • vMew

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-04 15:55 from vMew - click to readI donít want to lock apps
I want to lock individual files. I hope I donít have to spell out what kind of files so you can understand.
In my HTC HD2 I could just zip the file with a password and when you pick the file to view/edit it you would have to put in a password to unlock and view it.
The zip app I found here does not support password protect. Is there some other app I can use that could do the same thing?

• 2012-09-04 16:37
  • LxG4

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-09-04 15:38 from LxG4 - click to readalso for tasks an app like Wunderlist is awesome

• 2012-09-04 16:01
  • vMew

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-09-04 15:38 from LxG4 - click to readthere are apps you can download with password protection for apps/photos etc..
also you know you can hide apps in the app drawer which is a stock feature of the phone

• 2012-09-04 15:55
  • vMew

> In reply to Julie @ 2012-09-04 15:08 from rwa7 - click to readreviews seem to disagree with you :)
actually rather the feel of the s3 btw plus u get the bigger screen

• 2012-09-04 15:53
  • vMew

Iím a HTC HD2 user that just got this phone at a price I could not refuse, so I took it.
I would like a recommendation for a task and calendar app that can syn with Microsoft outlook on my PC and allow me you put start & end dates on task.
Also give me the option to make task recurring.
The S Planner that came with the phone dose what I want for the calendar event/appointment
but the task part of it is missing what I mentioned above.

I will live with the short comings of the contacts sorting of the Android OS but I really need to get a solution for the (calendar task) or Iím going to have to get a WP8 phone for the Microsoft outlook and office compatibility.

Also need I app to password protect individual files on the fly. There are some things I would like to keep on my phone that my 4year old should not see if playing with my phone.

• 2012-09-04 15:38
  • LxG4

Can I use ps3 controller without rooting or sixaxis on my s3 with usb OTG cable?

• 2012-09-04 15:38
  • Hw$7

My feeling is that Samsung battery backup is terrible

• 2012-09-04 15:26
  • 9E19
Total of 23071 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.