Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I bought this phone in Saudi about a month ago. I have been using it heavily. Overall I am happy with the phone. However; there are a couple of problems I see with it. Fist, the alarm does not work when the phone is switched off!! I did "soft" as well as "hard" rest but none seemed to help rectify the problem!!!. Secondly, I could not download some app's (made for the US)since my phone location is locked to the country where purchased it (that's Saudi). I am really disappointed and frustrated.. I don't understand why Samsung doesn't allow changing setting for location!!

• 2012-08-22 05:05
  • 4{Ua

> In reply to jbpianist28 @ 2012-08-22 02:33 from 2CEm - click to readI bet u dunno how quad core phones work.

• 2012-08-22 04:13
  • IWQP

> In reply to Dwayne @ 2012-08-21 21:13 from wMHH - click to readThis is very true.

Whatsapp does drain battery, fast, if u are using it continuously. It is fine if its in standby mode.

Screen brightness is one of the top culprit for draining battery life. Lower to a comfy level & u will notice the battery life can last u longer throughout the day.

• 2012-08-22 04:12
  • IWQP

> In reply to jbpianist28 @ 2012-08-22 02:30 from 2CEm - click to readFrom these "problems", I think the real problem lies with the users. They likely does not know how to use a Samsung Android cell.

• 2012-08-22 04:05
  • IWQP

> In reply to s3 user @ 2012-08-22 03:45 from t7XH - click to readwow longest post in GSMArena history!

• 2012-08-22 03:52
  • t7Xk

just want to share my s3 experience..
last july 5 2012. my wife and i bought the marble white and pebble blue version respectively.. after 7 days of basic usage the white s3 of my wife got tiny scratches even it is place on separate pouch on her bag (same pouch for different phone she has own without screen guard).. since it is within the 7days replacement we are granted by the dealer to have a new one. mine got 1 unnoticeable scratches after 2 weeks.. since this is not the same scenario with the white my complain was brought to the samsung head office..sadly it is denied.. i complain that it was supposed to meet those specification like scratch resistance cgglass 2, 8mp result on camera or any of those specs not functioning as their are then you can consider it defective phones.
what the hell its totally f**k up...s3 is corning gorilla glass 2.. 20% thinner but has the same strength with the first glass which is totally reliable to other hand set like c7 n8 without any aid of plastic screen guard ( sorry i have to mentions but this phones has 1year and 3 months of the same aid,function, and usage but no scratches at all till now without those plastic screen guard). i clarify my s3 does not drop or any thing that can potentially scratches the screen..it also has separate pouch.. the bottom line there's nothing to worry at all..
samsung main reason:
costumer voice teamlead officer ask me where the h**^ ive found cgglass 2 on specs then i told them at gsmarena...then she told me that gsmarena is an international website which is reliable source of specs. but on their own website which is on samsung there is no gorilla glass 2 indicated on the s3 sheet.. and she told me that it is a user fault.. since gsmarena is an international website those specs mention is different on what we have here in the philippines to clarify it is a common glass.... im so confuse that time,first, is philippines not on the list for international version... so she just offer me to replace the touch panel with branded jacket as a gift...ill just throw my YES.. im so tired complaining...

• 2012-08-22 03:45
  • t7XH

> In reply to dhennisz20 @ 2012-08-21 18:53 from RNTL - click to readyou can blame the quads for that

• 2012-08-22 02:33
  • 2CEm

> In reply to Phone-a-friend @ 2012-08-21 21:59 from 0Bqx - click to readno I wouldnt call him a lier, this phone really dose suck big time...

• 2012-08-22 02:30
  • 2CEm

> In reply to Phone-a-friend @ 2012-08-21 21:59 from 0Bqx - click to readyeah it is the most disapointing phone i have even owned....
I always had a nokia.... this phone is not reliable and keeps changing and is so anoying...
ITS A PIECE OR CHEAP GARBAGE... nokia is way better, am going to go back to them.

• 2012-08-22 02:28
  • 2CEm

> In reply to Phone-a-friend @ 2012-08-21 21:59 from 0Bqx - click to readi bet its china phones!

• 2012-08-22 02:18
  • t7Xk

> In reply to dhakshinamurthy @ 2012-08-21 21:31 from t1$F - click to readi´ve seen that in my e7´s screen, its normal in amoled screen.

• 2012-08-21 23:40
  • Ps}b

> In reply to Phone-a-friend @ 2012-08-21 21:59 from 0Bqx - click to readI own a S3 and sound not working I'm not a liar. The Samsung consumer service told me they exchange my phone until thursday if this problem doesn't fix. I'm so disappointed

• 2012-08-21 23:09
  • HFfK

I work in a Phone store, i see these coming back with all sorts of errors, some weird ones, notifications not working, no sound, can't change ringtone, keeps going back to default, and getting them back at least once or twice a week! Some people are getting bad ones in the exchange process so swapping two or three times!! And with all the security holes in android!! good luck to you androidians!!!

• 2012-08-21 21:59
  • 0Bqx

hi brothers and sisters an using s3 mobile all the feature r good but I can see some dark mark on my screen only in the bark room when I was used Nokia n8 and e7 was the same problem what I need to dooooooo

• 2012-08-21 21:31
  • t1$F
  • F

> In reply to dhennisz20 @ 2012-08-21 18:53 from RNTL - click to readDid you check if your wifi is off,because that drains battery,and whatsapp also is permanantly on the internet so u can uninstall it if u want,and lower the phones brightness

• 2012-08-21 21:13
  • wMHH

this is an ausome phone excellent touch and resolution is very good.

• 2012-08-21 20:56
  • 8yQu

> In reply to shiyam @ 2012-08-21 16:54 from vGVh - click to readTurn on 'Drving mode'. :)

• 2012-08-21 20:49

• 2012-08-21 20:47
  • gKBe

> In reply to shiyam @ 2012-08-21 16:54 from vGVh - click to readTurn on 'Driving mode'. :)

• 2012-08-21 20:45
  • gKBe
Total of 22385 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.