Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Dee @ 2012-09-04 06:56 from PWng - click to readNot saying Motorola is bad at battery, but they are not known for battery efficiency. They are known for having a gigantic battery that lasts longer than others

• 2012-09-04 07:07
  • q8Q8

With WIFI on and 3G (WCDMA) and DATA off, S3 battery seem to last very well. Samsung should license HTC weather App, It's very well made and Motorola's battery technical or cell. Motorola known for battery outlast than any other brand.

• 2012-09-04 06:56
  • PWng

> In reply to Mr.Death @ 2012-09-03 17:00 from v{Us - click to readsoya bean! lol

• 2012-09-04 06:28
  • t}AJ

> In reply to iSJ5 @ 2012-09-04 06:08 from t7Xk - click to readhey werent you a iphone fan? lol

• 2012-09-04 06:13
  • vMew

> In reply to padmaja v @ 2012-09-04 04:09 from PEmP - click to readi m sory to here that! but if battery is the problem! its not very big problem! you can read the battery issue here! just type battery in search opininion or you may click latest page in this comment section! or you may buy new battery or charger, or reset your phone! Hope its help!

• 2012-09-04 06:08
  • t7Xk

battery life is much better than HTC one x or gs2. I've been using my gs3 for about 3 weeks.

• 2012-09-04 06:07
  • v@Hi

best phone eva!!!

• 2012-09-04 05:19
  • 2Aui

I am purchase a Samsung galaxy 3 mobile three days back at Guntur dist. . But the battery charging is very poor. battery backup is also very poor. so i am very disappointed

• 2012-09-04 04:09
  • PEmP

> In reply to thy @ 2012-09-03 20:05 from 7wj7 - click to readeverything about SIII is great., but ur right., battery life is so so so poor.. i need to charge it as often as i can even if im not using it cause any moment my battery might went flat.. hope they can do something about it.. :(

• 2012-09-04 03:39
  • 9x0k

samsung galaxy s 3 the daily interest king is finaly now beaten!

• 2012-09-04 02:46
  • t7Xh

> In reply to Mee @ 2012-09-04 01:06 from JbRx - click to readAs soon as you mentioned that you mistake was from leaving your n8 (lol) to the s3, that made me realize that i just wasted 10 seconds of my life reading stupidity..

I had a N8 2 years ago lol...2 years ago, i never ever compared it with this phone, not even the iphone 3g

• 2012-09-04 02:36
  • QGMH

Very disappointed with purchasing S3 with android, OS is crap really, so many bugs ... once is ringing for msgs once is not with no change no reason, screen once goes off itself as set once isnt.... etc. Speaker is not loud enough, while useing Navigation in car is hardly to hear and also music or video in outdoor enviroment very bad !!! Battery least hardly till I come home! Camera is crap compare to my previous N8 not in resolution of course but in sharpen n other aspects !!! My big mistake to leave Nokia N8 and go for this !!!! Sorry but thats my experience

• 2012-09-04 01:06
  • JbRx

please do not criticise sony ,lg & htc here.
This for samsung S3,You can explain ,your samsung experience,we want to know,your feedbacks & defects of this phone.Not for arguements & do not use bad words...

• 2012-09-03 23:30
  • puig

Guys, the current firmwares do have issues. I'm gonna put some light on 2 of the major ones here.
1. Battery Drain
2. Memory Leak

1. Battery Drain is due to an error at Samsung's end while compiling the firmware version. Please update your devices to the latest software version to fix it. Before reporting about the battery, kindly check for battery draining apps & keep an eye on your Screen On times.

2. Memory Leak is a condition where a certain service takes a lot of RAM and locks it, making it impossible for Task Killers to free up RAM and thus, slows down the phone showing you low memory errors. This is another problem that should be fixed with an update. For rooted users, please refer to XDA forums & you should find a flashable zip that solves this.

PS: there are some apps that prevent the phone from going into sleep when you lock your phone. Such apps or services should be identified and killed. Or they would keep sucking on your batteries & CPU.

I'm a Galaxy S III user since July 6. I've had my share of problems initially but once I was rooted, I got the solutions from the great XDA Community and I'm now problem free. I can confirm that the performance & battery are much much better than what was out of the box & on being able to utilize the max of the hardware, dare I tell you what a performance beast this phone is!
So guys, read the forums, understand your phone, root it after gathering enough information about how things work in android & you'll then truly enjoy being a Galaxy S III user.
Your lame comments telling that your phone isn't giving you satisfying battery backup & performance shows how big a fool you are. :)

• 2012-09-03 23:00
  • KA4Z

> In reply to jmdvijay36 @ 2012-09-02 20:05 from s8FZ - click to readDont buy since you don't know how to make a phone call. Use landline.......

• 2012-09-03 22:34
  • KIe5

> In reply to Nevamind @ 2012-09-02 23:34 from 3Yd8 - click to readHow is the battery performance of S3 compared to iPhone 4S? Thanks

• 2012-09-03 22:31
  • KIe5

> In reply to iSJ5 @ 2012-09-03 02:51 from t7Xk - click to readIts better to turn-off the phone. You save lot of battery. I don't understand for such advices to turn off this & that, then what's the fun of buying smart phone.........,

• 2012-09-03 22:28
  • KIe5

> In reply to Ritesh @ 2011-10-11 09:58 from t}xj - click to readDon't think so.Sony HTC and LG still has a lot

• 2012-09-03 21:00
  • pRGI

I am using S3 since from past few weeks. But its battery sucks. Battery life is so poor. Other feature are really awesome. But I am not satisfied with battery back up. I already sent my phone twicely to the Samsung customer care center. I hope they will do something and fix it.

• 2012-09-03 20:05
  • 7wj7

does it not get shipped with ics, jelly bean is the update provided

• 2012-09-03 19:59
  • pJ20
Total of 23072 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.