Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

nooooooooo sammy plz dont drop 64GB version..... i want one

• 2012-07-18 16:56
  • KI1w

For those complaining about the tasks starting up on their own, read this.....
Android was designed from the ground up as an operating system (OS) for mobile devices. Its built-in application and memory-management systems were engineered with battery life as one of the most critical concerns.

The Android OS does not work like a desktop operating system. On a desktop OS, like Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu Linux, the user is responsible for closing programs in order to keep a reasonable amount of memory available. On Android, this is not the case. The OS itself automatically removes programs from memory as memory is needed. The OS may also preload applications into memory which it thinks might soon be needed.

Having lots of available empty memory is not a good thing. It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data. So, like every other operating system in use today, Android does its best to keep as much important/likely-to-be-used information in memory as possible.

As such, using the task manager feature of SystemPanel to constantly clear memory by killing all apps is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED. This also applies to any other task killer /management program. Generally speaking, you should only "End" applications if you see one which is not working correctly. The "End All" feature can be used if your phone/device is performing poorly and you are uncertain of the cause.

• 2012-07-18 16:48
  • fnHp

Thumps up to Samsung. This phone is da one. l cn communicate w all my frnds w Android fone using Viber. if u dnt hv jus

• 2012-07-18 16:44
  • MfyY

S-Beam Is Very Nice But Other Off The Phone Not Nice

• 2012-07-18 16:41
  • uC4Q

Very nice phone all features are great

• 2012-07-18 16:39
  • 2wID

pack u samsung..!!! i've got jelly bean on my gs1 now..you just lied to ur costumer to make market..!!! hope ur company burn to ashhhh....!!!!!

• 2012-07-18 15:40
  • Px06

I want a mobile with ability to play games without lag(or less laggier) so, can somebody tell me which mobile has the best performance?
I want you to choose from One X or SIII..
I see that there is an advantage on One X for Tegra 3 but cant say much until i have actually tested it..
Any help is appreciated..

• 2012-07-18 15:25
  • YQEG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-18 13:27 from ixsG - click to readI have the same problem with apps loading up. I have a task killer and manually force them to stop in the application settings but they constantly keep appearing. This was my first move to Android and although I am impressed with some of the phone features, the Android software which has the potential to be the best needs some solidness to it. Battery not great either and I am not a big user. For me the potential is there but Android software definitely needs to be looked at. One other thing I don't like about the applications is the access some of them want. Seriously where is the privacy!?

• 2012-07-18 13:54
  • Mq1r

I have been with Android since 2.1 n have been with Motorola (was nice) then sonyerricson (also nice) then moved to 7" GSM galaxy tab even played around with my cousin's note but I have to say no phone b4 n currently is as well built, thought, n a pleasure to use as the S3 : )
I got one for my wife n dat nite I felt so left out n left behind I went n got myself one the very next day ;) get one if u can it is perfect n an experience not to be missed if u can afford one. WELL DONE SAMSUNG. S3 is a job very well done! This phone was "crafted" not made.

• 2012-07-18 13:46
  • f3DG

What really annoys me with this phone is the apps that start up in the background. I can kill all apps, not use phone then when I look at what is active, maps, chat on, e mail, messages, google + etc. It's so frustrating because clearly this is dfraining the battery more. Luckilly I have a chance to send this back as it's upgrade. May wait until the I phone 5 to come out and see where to go. I do like Android but this opening apps when I have not selected them is really annoying!

• 2012-07-18 13:27
  • ixsG

Can i have it?

• 2012-07-18 11:44
  • S0ui

trully intelligent phone camery quality is good......:)

• 2012-07-18 10:43
  • 7tDp

> In reply to SGSII WITH ICS @ 2012-07-17 16:44 from tesv - click to readIf you are looking for good, not good kidding "BEST PHONE" in the world buy this, every bug from S2 is fixed it's just awesome.

• 2012-07-18 09:50
  • mcHG

> In reply to SGSII WITH ICS @ 2012-07-17 16:44 from tesv - click to readgo for it. get the new Samsung, I've had them for years with no probs, you probably just had a one off bad one.

• 2012-07-18 09:45
  • MSME

> In reply to Gadgetmaster @ 2012-07-17 15:33 from YTP0 - click to readHave to agree with you before i had the S3. I have tried all lower versions from single core htc hd2, atrix 3g, samsung tab 7.7 dual core, samsung note dual core.. iphone 4 iphone 3gs. And iPhone 4 really is smooth. And iphone have lower specs then any phones above..

But once i get s3 .. all lag is virtually gone.. and battery life is good!! really for once i have zero complaint about jerkiness of UI or lag or battery. its like the hardware is so good it overcomes everything. And the upcoming 4.1 jelly bean is supposedly trying to further solve this issue. Sure android DVM means slower, but that gap is closing to a point it doesnt matter anymore

• 2012-07-18 09:39
  • uREv

I'm only one didn't notice this?.. Samsung Apps > Category > More Services > (Scroll Down) Polaris Office 4.0.. (v4.0.3207.03 ; July 12, 2012 ; 22.81Mb)..

• 2012-07-18 08:45
  • ibjW

hi guys who uses or has expert knowledge about this phone...

i have been trying to deactivate 3g and leave H+ open even if drains my battery faster. with my country's limitation only selected areas has availability of LTE or 4g so i got a 3g phone which is this s3. i selected wcdma only but stil when it fluctuate to 3g from H/H+ it sucks like hell... when i stream H/H+ works great. but when it stoops down to 3g... it's like i'm lucifer thrown down from the land of gods.

again all i want to ask if there is a way to deactivate HSUPA and leave HSDPA open... i tried *#197328640# there is the desired option but still it's no good. i was able to see the RCC control but it seems not to work at all... is there like a video or walkthrough on setting this up...

• 2012-07-18 08:27
  • t7@4

yay! i'm the 97000 voted 10 for SGS3!!!

• 2012-07-18 07:28
  • SugK

> In reply to SGSII WITH ICS @ 2012-07-17 16:44 from tesv - click to readBuy this phone and wait for Jelly Bean update I'm sure you'll love the amazing features, which iOS 6 does not have. :)

• 2012-07-18 05:28
  • vFaF

planning to buy samsung i9300.any suggestions?

• 2012-07-18 04:48
  • Hxe1
Total of 22607 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.