Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Freefaller @ 2012-07-03 11:00 from 3G54 - click to read@Freefaller:
Thanks for your suggestion.
Actually that's what I used to have in my SGS2.

Now it is showing "Connected as a MEDIA DEVICE" in notification bar. Clicking the notification taking me "USB PC Connection" page where two options available, 1. Media device (MTP) and 2. Camera (PTP). In my Laptop in windows explorer, it is showing as "Digital Still Camera"
MTP is telling that it 'Allows you to transfer media files in Windows
PTP is telling that it 'Allows you to transfer photos using camera software, and transfer any files onto PC that do not support MTP'
If I select PTP, windows explorer is not showing anything (any drive connected).

• 2012-07-03 12:48
  • PA}g

> In reply to itumi @ 2012-07-03 12:12 from NyjE - click to readThanks buddy for the info...is a good help

• 2012-07-03 12:42
  • vw7p

> In reply to khan @ 2012-07-03 11:40 from vw7p - click to readI did it all!

First I bought an iPhone 4 which also uses a micro SIM.
I trimmed the SIM card myself and it got damage, what a pity.
So I decided to buy a new micro SIM available from the network provider but with different mobile number.
I have another regular SIM, a roaming SIM card, and brought it to a mobile shops where they trim regular SIM to micro SIM using a micro SIM puncher and paid around $2.60.
I kept the trimmed part and uses it when I swap SIMs from iPhone 4 to S2.
Now I got the S3 and uses the same micro SIM card I used in iPhone 4. The trimmed roaming SIM I put in iPhone 4 and bought another regular SIM for my S2.

• 2012-07-03 12:12
  • NyjE

> In reply to khan @ 2012-07-03 11:38 from vw7p - click to readNo cell phone is perfect, it all come down to what you are looking for in a phone.

Phones were meant to be for calls, but not anymore to most people, especially the younger generation.

So picking a cell phone depending on what you need your phone for. If your concern is with the strength of reception, then you have no other choice but go for Nokia phones (Vertu even better -from my experience). If you want the best in-call voice reproduction quality, then Motorola is definitely the first choice.

If the above mentioned is not priority for you, then there are so many different choices from different makes...depending on your own requirements then.

• 2012-07-03 12:06
  • TCvM

> In reply to itumi @ 2012-07-03 11:32 from NyjE - click to readthanks itumi...did u trim it or bought a new micro?...guess trimming might face issues (if not trimmed properly)..

• 2012-07-03 11:40
  • vw7p

I bought this phone two days ago and this is thing amazes me avery minute (still exploring it ;-))the security aspect of things blew my mind.(am from South Africa, where these toys get stollen everyday).I like the face recognition to unlock the phone,the S voice is quite cool,faster web access and the crystal clear screen among lot's of features bundled on it.used to have a SE but i feel that Sansung have really stolen the Smartphone market.As i said, am still exploring this little baby.Who knows? maybe i will get to ask it to make me some coffee!! ;-)

• 2012-07-03 11:38
  • N9kP

> In reply to itumi @ 2012-07-03 11:20 from NyjE - click to readthe more i hear abt the s3 issues, more i think abt my decisiom....hope they are not more than one x.. lolz

• 2012-07-03 11:38
  • vw7p

S3 is the ultimate device... read more here http://www.indiapricepoint.com...xy-s3-price/

• 2012-07-03 11:33
  • vG15

> In reply to khan @ 2012-07-03 10:29 from vw7p - click to readYour network provider may convert your existing regular SIM to micro SIM with the same mobile number free of charge. It depends on the regulations of the network provider.

Shops may charge you for trimming the SIM card from $2 to 3$. Others do it for free if the unit is bought from them.

So the choice is yours...

• 2012-07-03 11:32
  • NyjE

> In reply to khan @ 2012-07-03 10:30 from vw7p - click to readI am not fully satisfied with my S3, the network signal receiver is weak when inside my office and the web video player freezes many times.

Unlike my year old S2, the network signal is fair when inside my office and the web video always plays smoothly without freezing.

• 2012-07-03 11:20

> In reply to BDDHK @ 2012-07-03 10:11 from PA}g - click to read@ BDDHK

If you are using a Windows laptop click the Start button and then click on 'Computer'. Your S3 will show there. Click on that and you have the options 'Phone' and 'Card'.

• 2012-07-03 11:00
  • 3G54

> In reply to itumi @ 2012-07-03 10:12 from NyjE - click to readnoone is complaining here....u looks to be a satisfied s3 user.. :)

• 2012-07-03 10:30
  • vw7p

> In reply to [deleted post]thanks buddy...so what would be the wise option...trimming the old sim or get a new micro sim issued..and how much does it cost btw??

• 2012-07-03 10:29
  • vw7p

Nokia N9 and iPhone 4s uses micro SIM card, why complain when S3 uses the same?
Don't be bias!

• 2012-07-03 10:12
  • NyjE

I'm unable to connect my SGS3 to my Laptop.
In phone, it appears as an MTP connection, Laptop is showing as a camera is connected.

Unlike SG2, there's no USB setting option in SGS3.

Any suggestion?

• 2012-07-03 10:11
  • PA}g

> In reply to lits @ 2012-07-03 09:22 from YTNx - click to readyeah :)....its not like an iphone :p

• 2012-07-03 10:05
  • vGyk

Sgs3 not gud no batry back up only 5-6 hour norml use.
Hanging problm. Not gud s-siri nd sound qulti is vary low catagiri.

• 2012-07-03 10:04
  • fCSP

this is the future...this is definitely almost better than the galaxy note

• 2012-07-03 09:52
  • RmC1

Htc one x is the best

• 2012-07-03 09:51
  • 7qA2

> In reply to sonu @ 2012-07-03 08:37 from TRaa - click to readsuper.............

• 2012-07-03 09:31
  • uWu4
Total of 22576 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.