Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

i just got my s4 3 weeks ago but suddenly the camera flash and video recording got into trouble. the main board overheats even it is not in use... there's my s4 spending time in the samsung service center..

• 2013-10-01 06:58
  • wHrS

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-09-30 14:22 from rK26 - click to readThanks shubham.

• 2013-10-01 06:36
  • PB8i

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-09-30 19:54 from U{xf - click to readThanks a lot shubham. . By the way am from india and am using i9500 model.

• 2013-10-01 05:25
  • t@BV

> In reply to cherl @ 2013-09-30 21:09 from bCcB - click to readI have just recently bought it a few days ago and it's packed with features, the screen size is awesome, however if you have been an iphone user for a while then you might have some troubles getting your head around it, the I phone will win with it's simplicity, the Galaxy will win with its features and screen size and Camera. I don't know ,much about the HTC though rather than it still runs android of course so it would be lots of features also but I think u can't expand the memory in that one. good luck.

• 2013-10-01 04:42
  • UimT

> In reply to cherl @ 2013-09-30 21:09 from bCcB - click to readtry note 3. It's better than anything.

• 2013-10-01 04:27
  • upid

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2013-09-30 22:20 from mySN - click to readI am just a first year college student who just completed school. how could I have even half the experience of the world as you. but do you keep a track of those ip addreses too. This time I was really trolled. I didn't see it coming.

Anyway thanks a lot.

• 2013-10-01 04:22
  • upid

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2013-09-30 22:20 from mySN - click to readyeah I understand it now. But how could you know so much ?? you are great. The newest comment of newbie made me alert. Thank you

• 2013-10-01 04:09
  • upid

DO NOT BUY the S4 , phone is great , awesome quality m perfect system but it has battery problem , i have change 4 different batteries already since i bought it and there is no way will stay long for more than 6 hour and i even don't use my phone and play with it , i dont listen to music , no games and all options are off , so whats the point of having S4 or 1990's Nokia
i read all reviews before i go buy it and %70 had the same problem but i still made that mystake ,
DO NOT GO FOR IT or u will be regret unless if Samsung come up with some solution

• 2013-10-01 00:19
  • xx%j

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-09-30 21:11 from U{xs - click to read@ shubham yadav

You might know a lot technically, but you are young and inexperienced in life.

Your friend 'Newbie' with the encoded location 'QMnA' is far from being a new user, and he is making fun of you. He has also posted as 'yeah baby!' on 27/09, as -_- on 23/09, ^_^ on 17/09 & 18/09, and 'will' on 17/09.

I'm a lot older than you and saw through his subterfuge straight away. You mean well, but keep your wits about you.

• 2013-09-30 22:20
  • mySN

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-09-30 21:11 from U{xs - click to readoh, thanks, so, i need to have a pc. . ouch, hehe one more thing can i download an adroid game from pc to cp using usb? and wht shud be the format?? thanks!

• 2013-09-30 21:13
  • QMnA

> In reply to newbie. @ 2013-09-30 20:33 from QMnA - click to readits a pc suite for your pc that can be used to backup phone data on pc, upgrade phone or transfer files.

• 2013-09-30 21:11
  • U{xs

I am planning to buy the s4.
Is the phone worthut it. im reaons ab it as ive heard alot of negative opinions about it.
also i ad the HTC Butterfly S as an option.
please suggest...
confused...!!

• 2013-09-30 21:09
  • bCcB

hi. . im sorry. . but what is kies? is that already on the phone?? wht does it do? beginer. . thanks. .

• 2013-09-30 20:33
  • QMnA

> In reply to Jithu @ 2013-09-30 18:25 from YTKF - click to readya. They are fixed but it will take almost a week for the phone to eradicate the problem completely. so wait a week after the update.

also some ideal practices while updating.

try to install through kies. It downloads the whole new firmware I.e 1.6gb but it's like a complete new thing.

backup your data in kies or anywhere you like and factory reset before and after firmware update.

follow these steps and voila. Your phone will work like charm.

Have a nice day

• 2013-09-30 20:05
  • U{xf

> In reply to basheerov2013 @ 2013-09-30 18:48 from ve8X - click to readjust open the watchon app in the menu and then I suggest that you explore the app yourselves. it guides you thorough the basic steps and then you are ready.

• 2013-09-30 20:00
  • U{xf

> In reply to sam58 @ 2013-09-30 19:03 from vQ%M - click to readno. They won't affect your phone. But I recommend that you uninstall quadrant now as it may have a virus or something like that. And you should update your phone to the latest firmware. btw can you tell me which version are you using i9500 or i9505. As update fixes a he'll lot of problems.

have a nice day. Please be patient and explore the phone. You will enjoy it. You can ask me questions anytime. I won't be annoyed. I will reply in at most 12 hrs.

• 2013-09-30 19:54
  • U{xf

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-09-30 17:18 from U@69 - click to readThanks a lot bro. M so sry m asking u questions regarding the s4 very frequently. I wud like to know anthr thing. As I mentioned earlier tht during the quadrant benchmark my phone got shut many times (6-7 times). Will this shut down take a toll on my phone performance or any other hardware or software department. I know I might sound a bit silly bt u can understand as I hv invested my hard earned money in this. Pls SHUBHAM BRO reply will this 6-7 times shutdown can effect my phone?? Thanks. .

• 2013-09-30 19:03
  • vQ%M

does any know how to use the infrared function in s4 ...

• 2013-09-30 18:48
  • ve8X

@shubham yadav
can the heating problems be solved by the OTA UPDATE released by samsung..?

• 2013-09-30 18:25
  • YTKF

> In reply to sam58 @ 2013-09-30 15:13 from vQ%M - click to readI don't use quadrant. It is really a low standard app and never gets updated to get in flow with new high res screens and beefy processors. I think that should be the problem with quadrant itself but I don't know exactly. I used quadrant once and it worked fine though. But don't worry.

nowadays antutu is also going the wrong way. The new 4.0 update made it very bad to use.plus to your amazement, it shows galaxy s4 to have lower score than htc one which is absolutely not acceptible. in antutu's last version, s4 was way ahead of one in scores but they screwed up big this time.

The most standard app is geekbench 2 and 3. Also 3dmark is decent one. Basically a good benchmarking app is the one that tests a component fully for a longer duration.

You are really like me. testing out the phone fully. That's a good thing.

Have a good day.

• 2013-09-30 17:18
  • U@69
Total of 15570 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.