Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Fatboy90 @ 2013-09-06 13:39 from bEQg - click to read@ Fatboy90

LOL. No, I keep the S3 charged for when the S4 battery runs out. Doesn't last long, does it? On average, the S4 battery lasts about half as long as the S3 one. I wonder why? The faster CPU perhaps, or the Snapdragon chipset, or maybe it's got poorer memory management.
Do you know?

• 2013-09-06 17:27

> In reply to [deleted post]@ Anonymous

Hey! You missed out 'sanctimonious', or was too big a word for you to spell?
Sanctimonious:
Sanctimonious is a twist on the words sanctity and sacred, which mean holy or religious. A sanctimonious person might think he's holy, but their attitude comes across more like "holier-than-thou".
If you're going to insult me then at least get it right.

• 2013-09-06 17:03
  • mySN

> In reply to [deleted post]hey I've seeing both of you and freefaller just bash each other on this thread from the past one or two days and really you have made a mess of this forum. Please if you both want to really fight give each other your email id and send mails full of all the foul words to each other.

And anonymous you are the more irritating one who just doesn't understand even a thing. tell me which devices except nexus are on 4.3 . and Samsung is the best when talking of software updates. and believe me that software update rollout takes almost 2 to 3 months Even if you are on Sony or htc. forget lg as that doesnt even provide updates. and Samsung has provided me 6 updates till day to improve on soo many aspects.

Try going to other oem. They don't provide updates. and touchwiz is a very feature rich ui and hence it takes time to develop an update. I have seen my friend in pain who got Android 2.3 on his xperia s on launch and got updated to 4.0(buggy) after 4 months and 4.1 in this July after now than one year. htc is worse and lg is even worser. Also there is nothing much difference b/w 4.2 and 4.3 and 4.1 . Why are you being so serious?????

and for your kind information, the update over kies downloads the whole firmware which is always better than only some selected files on OTA. It's like an clean upgrade.

• 2013-09-06 16:30
  • U{5I

> In reply to [deleted post]Did you know that ALL of android mobile phones are experiencing heating issues?? Geez.. web browsing on data and playing games are its cause..

• 2013-09-06 16:24
  • Qxpq

> In reply to Dipak @ 2013-09-06 10:00 from PSgZ - click to readNote 3 is not leather back, it's leather-like plastic back.

• 2013-09-06 16:13
  • N9@T

Just one month old with s4. Simply great.yeah I agree it gets hot, but only while you play games and browse while charging.
Touch wiz is the coolest when compared to stock version of s4. Thumbs up for S4.

• 2013-09-06 16:00
  • 7txM

> In reply to N7 @ 2013-09-06 09:51 from spWT - click to readno problem mate.. I think there's no way for them to do that.. All of mobile phones of android cannot totally transfer apps to sd card.. It's just the data of apps only..some of people who rooted their phones uses apps2sd..i don't know if that app really transfers the app itself and the data to SD card..

My Neo V is rooted and uses stable CM9.1.0 and my free internal memory is just 420MB but I can download 800MB app..because it automatically transfer the data of the app into my SD card..I haven't tried to root my S4 because I gave it to my wife.. Geez..

• 2013-09-06 15:17
  • Qxpq

Yeah the phone heats a lot.

• 2013-09-06 13:58
  • uteH

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2013-09-06 11:13 from mySN - click to readSo you finally took out the S4 out of the box...good...hope you didnt chuck the S3!

• 2013-09-06 13:39
  • bEQg

its good

• 2013-09-06 13:20
  • w492

> In reply to [deleted post]@ Anonymous

WOW! Down to your usual standard as always.

Keep up the good work.

• 2013-09-06 11:13
  • mySN

The heating up issue is been overcome by periodic software updates releases by Samsung . Download them and the issue is solved .
moreover the software updates boosts system stability and enhances RAM memory.

All in all an awesome smartfone being a true life companion .....

• 2013-09-06 10:44
  • tE{$

Galaxy S4 is best mobile in the world. When do we have leather backed cover for galaxy S4 like Note 3? can any one inquired this? I am desparate to buy leather backed cover for my GS4.

• 2013-09-06 10:00
  • PSgZ

> In reply to rana @ 2013-09-05 19:17 from KITk - click to readya..my s4 also got this problem like this..it's bad..

• 2013-09-06 09:52
  • ibc%

> In reply to Lucky Switz @ 2013-09-06 07:14 from Qxpq - click to readThanks for the help, i hope they work on latest update to move apps completely , bcz 8.9gb is nothing for apps

• 2013-09-06 09:51
  • spWT

> In reply to [deleted post]$100 , I'm in lebanon.

• 2013-09-06 09:47
  • spWT

> In reply to [deleted post]@ Anonymous

First of all, I am NOT posting under different names. The other person you are referring to was using copy & paste to post my comment elsewhere.
You call the update process 'cumbersome', but in actual fact you are just angry because you aren't at the front of the queue. Samsung sold over 100 million S3 models, and is approaching 50 million S4. Can you imagine 150 million phone users all trying to use the Samsung servers at the same time?
You demand that Samsung should find a better way of issuing updates. Well what do you suggest. You tell us a better way of doing it. I bet you cant!
Please keep posting, I do enjoy reading your comments (but mind your blood pressure).

• 2013-09-06 08:41
  • mySN

> In reply to N7 @ 2013-09-05 12:57 from spWT - click to readTransferring your apps to sd card will lessen the burden of your internal memory.. FYI, it's not all the apps has been transferred on your SD card, it is the data only.. The app itself is stayed on your internal memory..

I hope I answered your question..

• 2013-09-06 07:14
  • Qxpq

Bro,if u plan to buy a phone i can give u some help by my experience,sony cell phones r v good in use with fast 3g,2g signals,internet speed and camera but as the time passes they start to give problems in hanging,freezing and battery backup get worse.
As the same matter to htc but htc gives lot more lesser problem in hanging or freezing but battery get worse by the period of time.
samsung has improved much in all scenarios but still need to cover battery backup bcos after 6 to 8 months battery power is started more consumption in samsung sets whether u change new battery.
nokia is best in reliability and built with good body n chips along with battery back up.only worst part they have not adopted android.if they did so they would remain the leader in cell phone market.

• 2013-09-06 06:39
  • 3CgR

> In reply to [deleted post]@ Anonymous

What an angry little boy you are!

Updates are sent out country by country. If Samsung released the update to every country at the same time their servers would go into meltdown.

Here in the UK the update has been released for the unbranded model. I have received the Firmware AND the camera updates. You will just have to curb your temper and wait until it is released wherever you are.

Foul language won't get you the Firmware updates any faster.

• 2013-09-05 22:42
  • mySN
Total of 15099 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.