Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2013-09-15 20:02 from U{vk - click to read@ Nik Vel

I know the problems you've had connecting to the IBM network, and I don't think there will be a solution from what you say. Either the new modem.bin file on your phone is incompatable with the Firm's network, or vice versa, and they will never 'talk' to each other.

• 2013-09-15 20:14
  • mySN

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2013-09-15 19:50 from mySN - click to read343 MB was the first one I got post I bought my phone.
After that I got few other updates. Second one I did via kies ..so tht was the full 1.6 GB clean update. Later rest all were few mb updates and did OTA.
Am sure that first firmware update made the work network issue. I knw other guys who gave 4.2.2 has issues wit ibm network

• 2013-09-15 20:02
  • U{vk

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2013-09-15 19:29 from U{vk - click to read@ Nik Vel

Was your Firmware update an OTA one or did you do it using Kies. I ask because 343Mb sounds like a minor update when you consider that a full Firmware upgrade is over 1.6Gb.
Have you tried updating via Kies; there is a difference in size, believe me.

• 2013-09-15 19:50
  • mySN

first,shubham yadav is my real name. secondly,i dont mislead
i have read all those things on xda forums i told you many times but you dont even read my comments.

may the mods remove a troll like you.

• 2013-09-15 19:45
  • 9CA7

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2013-09-15 19:29 from U{vk - click to read@ Nik Vel

You will find two new apps in the drawer - Camera and Gallery.

Look for the new camera app, the icon is different to the default one.

• 2013-09-15 19:32
  • mySN

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2013-09-15 19:07 from mySN - click to readGot it!!
Will try this!!
And havr u heard of 4.2.2 issues with IBM wifi network?
Mine worked with S4 when I bought when I installed digital certificate from IBM in...but kicked me out post I did a firmware update. the biggest one 343 MB one.

• 2013-09-15 19:29
  • U{vk

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2013-09-15 17:19 from U@K8 - click to read@ Nik Vel

You can download the Google camera app from here:

It installs separately from the built in camera so you can always uninstall it if you don't like it. I had it set up as default on my S3.

• 2013-09-15 19:07
  • mySN

after a text(incoming or out going ) has been deleted is there any way to go back and retreve it? I know that sometimes when you delete items you can go to a " file" and retreive....is this possible on this phone? what about phone #'s ? can someone please answer or help me?

• 2013-09-15 17:38
  • j$QN

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2013-09-15 16:27 from mySN - click to readAnd u knw.. the first firmware update was in June here in india..
343 mb file.
And that messed my office wifi and never got it back.
The last update was in Aug last I guess and that made some changes in my cam and its not tht clear as before.. nt sure if its somethng am feeling or actually.

• 2013-09-15 17:19
  • U@K8

i would like to know something about the s4 if i buy the s4 now i mean like another 2 months will i be able to get the updates which were released earlier or will it come updated when i buy it

• 2013-09-15 16:39
  • tesn

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2013-09-15 15:47 from U{Nk - click to read@ Nik Vel

Maybe I was wrong because I got in touch with xdadevelopers and they are of the opinion that the 'wipe cache partition' command was left out of the new Firmware.
That makes sense when you see the Android robot fall over with an exclamation mark and the words 'no command'.
Time will tell.

• 2013-09-15 16:27
  • mySN

> In reply to Freefaller™ @ 2013-09-15 16:07 from mySN - click to readBad command?
Mine says no command.
Android Icon is lyng dwm with A red exclamation.
And Wipe cache is throwing Error too.

• 2013-09-15 16:26
  • U{w0

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2013-09-15 15:47 from U{Nk - click to read@ Nik Vel

I know the scenario you are facing but it seems that ALL S4 phones show the same - even mine!
When you go into Recovery mode you see the Android robot lying down and the words 'bad command'; but I still went ahead and tried 'wipe cache partition'. It only took a second for the screen to refresh and I am now thinking that it was successful because we are only talking about a few hundred kilobyte of data, not megabytes. The S4 processor would be able to remove that amount in a split second.

• 2013-09-15 16:07
  • mySN

> In reply to [deleted post]Freefaller..
Need some help here.
Hope u remember me and Anthony discussed on My s4 issue. @ S3 page some days back.
Getting error while doing cache wipe . I have shared the screen shot as well via Anthony.
Can u suggest what I need to do?

• 2013-09-15 15:47
  • U{Nk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-15 11:37 from 3Jb7 - click to readno one company advises also clean install of windows but why we prefer it. cause is cleaner and all bugs get removed. and if you don't believe me, it's written on many threads of xda. I remembered you that you were the one who wrote bad about my age and all and own wrote immature comments. Also your comments were deleted due to inappropriate content in it. please leave the page as nobody wants you here. anonymous you don't even have a name here.

• 2013-09-15 15:10
  • upid

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-15 11:37 from 3Jb7 - click to readI remember My comment fairly well but I thought that he must be installing some old firmware update. Please don't be angry with me . it could also be that his country might have got it as the update schedule depends regionally .

I HAVEN'T GOT ANY UPDATE. stop bashing on others and make a gsmarena account before commenting bad on somebody.

I always remember my comments.

• 2013-09-15 15:04
  • upid

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-15 11:37 from 3Jb7 - click to readI remember My comment fairly well but I thought that he must be installing some old firmware update. Please don't be angry with me as i thought that his country might have got it as the update schedule depends regionally .

I HAVEN'T GOT ANY UPDATE.

• 2013-09-15 15:02
  • upid

> In reply to Mayur9067623396 @ 2013-09-15 10:01 from X}G6 - click to readDo u really own S4? I doubt. There is no as such issue u reported.

• 2013-09-15 14:02
  • TSLk

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-09-15 10:53 from 9CAi - click to readI too need one.
Cause I did last one from OTA and am sure my current one is corrupted.
Getting errors while doing a cache wipe from reset window.
So trying to do ine via kies.
And ofcrse Yes..Cam is bit messed now, I too did notice it.

• 2013-09-15 13:26
  • U{EZ

> In reply to shubham yadav @ 2013-09-15 10:53 from 9CAi - click to readshubham- last week your were spouting ref update via kies in response to your fellow spouter freefaller etc who was boasting his ota update ota on his fast broadband ! last s4 update issue date wed aug 21 .. 10.53.57 ksa 2013.. which became available on sept 4-2013 == nearly 2 hours to complete via kies .. must you -shubham- comment without remembering your own comments ? you also said -- your strong advise to factory reset s4 before and after update via kies - fyi- ota updates work well for google version of s4 .. and neither google nor samsung nor sony nor htc advise factory resets before n after updates..which planet do u live on shubham ? your own cloud none ? not being personal - dont know you and judging by your self contradictory comments -dont wonna know your limited infos on s4 or any other ..not being personal ..dont spout aimlessly ! non-stop ..

• 2013-09-15 11:37
  • 3Jb7
Total of 16080 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.